Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

The Murder Case- A short story - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murder Case- A short story (50207 Views)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / Murder On Koboland.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kskpoundz(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Now I can comment.I pray dat may God cont to giv u inspiration,he wil grant u wisdom,knowledge & undastandn.bless yeh
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
kskpoundz: Now I can comment.I pray dat may God cont to giv u inspiration,he wil grant u wisdom,knowledge & undastandn.bless yeh
amen!!! Thanks for reading sir
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 360prince(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2014
adegwurulez: thanks sir
good morning oga sir. How things
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 9:38am On Jan 07, 2014
360prince: good morning oga sir. How things
We thank God o
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 360prince(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
adegwurulez:
We thank God o
menn where my xmas meat na.

Atleast appreciate your guy with somethiin. smiley
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
360prince: menn where my xmas meat na.

Atleast appreciate your guy with somethiin. smiley
dont worry, i go send am. Buh xmas don pass na
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 360prince(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
adegwurulez: dont worry, i go send am. Buh xmas don pass na
thank God You say xmas don pass, but i know say you get my new year own?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
360prince: thank God You say xmas don pass, but i know say you get my new year own?
Today na 8th january. year don old na
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adewealth027(f): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
Wow.............dis story is too interesting to be short.....all d same,I enjoyed reading dis.....thumbs up to d writter[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
adewealth027: Wow.............dis story is too interesting to be short.....all d same,I enjoyed reading dis.....thumbs up to d writter[color=#000099][/color]
thanks ma, i'v been seeing you viewing the story.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
adegwurulez: thanks ma, i'v been seeing you viewing the story.
Adegwu i'm stalking you....... pls I need help on my thread.... Comments there nau Abeg
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingphilip(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
D9ty7:
To be frank, a title need to be confered on you as one of the greatest writers around here.
Bowing down to worship you.
the title is urs nw

bros na ur head we go put am nw
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingphilip(m): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
deebarbie:
Crime/law stories or movies have always been what I love most and that's y this is the best have read on nairaland. The twist,the suspense,its amazing. Kip it up. *muaaah*
have u read ALL IN A CIRCLE by d9ty7? I guess you'll like it cos it's a crime story too
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Glammieb(f): 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lovely story Mr Ade. God bless u
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
Glammieb:
Lovely story Mr Ade. God bless u
And you too
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Sanmix2007(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
following
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2015
Sanmix2007:
following
hehe. bro, tori don finish na. check this one out
www.nairaland.com/2174062/glitches
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 01, 2015
adegwurulez Have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 2:28am On May 02, 2015
bamgbalaot:
adegwurulez Have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
tell me more. How does it work?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 02, 2015
adegwurulez:

tell me more. How does it work?
Here's a quick explanation of the stages in the Wikinut publishing process, from initial draft to published page.

Drafts
Unreviewed
Published
Rejected
Drafts

The Wikinut workflow
When you begins to write a new page, a Draft is created. This is a saved version of the new page that is only visible to yourself. No readers will see these pages, and no moderators will review them.

As you are writing your content, you should save it reguarly using the Save draft option. This will ensure you don't lose any work due to a computer crash or internet connection problems.

You can view all your draft pages by visting your My pages section in My account. Leave the search term box empty, changing the dropdown to Draft and hit search - you'll then see a list of all draft pages.

Once you are happy with your page, you can use the "Publish article" option to move to the next step.

Unreviewed

Once you are happy for your page to be published, it will then need to be reviewed by a moderator. It will therefore have its status changed to Unreviewed, and will be added to a queue waiting for a moderator.

During this time only yourself and the moderator will be able to see this page.

Again you can visit your My pages section to see all your unreviewed pages. Leave the search term box empty, changing the dropdown to Unreviewed and hit search - you'll then see a list of all your pages awaiting moderation.

From the time that a moderator picks your page off the unreviewed queue to the point it is either published or rejected, it will be shown with the status Moderator.

This process should be fairly quick, but if for any reason a moderator does not finish moderation within an acceptable timeframe we put the page back onto the queue so that another moderator can pick it up.

This means that even if the first moderator cannot finish the job, another one will be along soon to pick up the task.

Published

If your moderator is happy with your page content, they will approve it and change its status to Published. At this point your page will appear on Wikinut and our system will automatically add adverts within minutes. A message will also be sent to your Wikinut inbox giving you the good news.

From this point on, you'll be able to receive comments from readers, and earn revenue.

You can see all your published pages in your My pages section. Leave the search term box empty, changing the dropdown to Published and hit search - you'll then see a list of all your pages live on Wikinut.

Rejected

If the moderator feels that your page does not meet our content guidelines or contravenes our terms of use, they may change the status to Rejected.

This will mean the page will not appear on the site, and you will be sent a message explaining the reason for the rejection. It will then be up to you to make any required changes, and if suitable resubmit for a second round of moderation.

As with all other types, you can view your Rejected pages in the My pages section. Leave the search term box empty, changing the dropdown to Rejected and hit search - you'll then see a list of all your rejected pages that need your attention.
http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by dherbee: 11:37pm On May 12, 2015
wat a story! neva read anytin lyk dis nt even close to it! Kudos to u my frnd nd kip it up... Oluwa sagbara dotun o, ko ni re yin o
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2015
dherbee:
wat a story! neva read anytin lyk dis nt even close to it! Kudos to u my frnd nd kip it up... Oluwa sagbara dotun o, ko ni re yin o
waoh! that was quite a compliment. I'm still looking for someone to translate the yoruba though.

Try this one. www.nairaland.com/2174062/glitches
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
adegwurulez:
Paul walked out of the room, after dressing like the policeman and collecting his gun and walkie talkie. He came out slowly as if searching for a criminal.

He looked round and he saw that nobody was looking at him, all the other security men were looking for a guy with a white long sleeve and blue jean, nobody came to look for a policeman.
He used the opportunity to move towards the back exit. He knew the wharehouse very well, he had studied his environment before coming for the operation.

"oboy where you dey go" a policeman whispered to him.

"I wan block the back door" he whispered back to him.

"Back door dey? make we go block there na" the policeman replied. He was trying to leave the area where he thought they would be gun battle. As far as he was concerned, he was leaving the danger zone, little did he know that he was with the devil himself.

"i never see this your face before o" The policeman said when they had successfully reached outside after series of stopping and looking around.

"ehm, na C division i from, dem call us make we come back una up" paul replied him.

The guy was still asking paul some questions. Paul who was now getting fed up, silently brought out his silencer and shot the policeman.

He looked round and noticed that nobody was watching him so he quickly faced a lonely bush path.
Musa who was scouting the sorrounding, saw a policeman running to the bush path. He immediately knew something was wrong. He wanted to alert the other members of The security team but he had a feeling they was a mole in the security team. How else did paul escape and how did he gain entrance into the hospital.

He couldn't call Jimmy for backup because there where also in another operation. He quickly brought out his phone and called Dr.Amos.

"I have visuals on paul, I'm currently in pursuit, he is headed for the bushy path that leads to 'Jesus is lord chapel" musa informed him.

Amos was shocked, he didn't know why musa was giving him the information but one thing was sure, he wanted to personally kill paul.
Amos was just coming out of Jacobs' house were he went to find his gun.
He had no car with him and there was no way he was going there in time without a car. He studied his environment and saw a car parked by the street. He sighed and walked to the car. He used his hand to break the glass before opening it from inside.
He practise what he had seen in a hollywood movie,he destroyed the ignition, removed two wires and joined them. The car roared to life, he smiled and then moved the car the car slowly backwards so he could turn properly. Just then, the owner of the car came out and started shouting
"Thief theif theif"

Amos knew what it meant to be caught so he stepped on the gear and sped off.

The back up team had arrived and Jimmy was still searching every corner of the room but didn't find any sign of the invisible quartet. He knew there was no way they could escape since the room was covered all round. He looked down And saw a corner with the tile slightly displaced. He went and studied it before raising it. Lo and behold, there was a large room underground. They all entered the underground room but they noticed the lights were on. The underground room was very large with iron pillars all over the place. It was empty but they was a large metal that seperated that room from another one behind.

All of a sudden, the lights went off. They were still wondering what was happening when the invisible quartet came out of hiding and opened fire on them.

They were taken unawares as some of them were hit by the bullet. They ran and used the iron pillars as shield, they hid behind the irons. Some of them where still looking for where to hide when the lights came on again. Those of them in the open where shut outrightly, the lights went off again. Jimmy started understanding their pattern of attack. He waited for the lights to come on again. Few seconds later, the lights came on but there was no gunshot because nobody was in the open. He knew they had come out so he quickly rushed out and sprayed bullets. His bullets shot one of them but he was also unlucky because he was hit by a bullet on his arm. He quickly hid again while holding his arm. Other members of his squad got angry as they all came out of hiding and started firing their guns which made the invisible quartet to retreat. NATU squad started moving forward in a straight file while firing their guns.

Agent white of the invisible quartet hid and Was watching them as they were advancing. They got to a point and white pressed a botton from a remote control he had in his hand. The tile on that part where the NATU agents stood was computerized. Immediately white pressed the botton, the tiles automatically opened inwardly and all the agents fell into a large pit that had been dug there. Inside the pit was a large drum filled with concentrated acid.
Jimmy rushed in anger with his gun, shooting sporadically. The two remaining 'invisible quartets' ran to the next room but jimmy didn't stop. He followed them and immediatelly he entered, the two men who had hidden behind a drum opened fire on him, the bullets hit him on the chest.

"We are hiding behind a drum of petrol" White warned his other agent. They quickly made to leave but they were too late, Jimmy who had already fell to the ground used his last breathe to shoot his gun. The bullet hit the drum and it exploded, consuming the two agents in the process.
Jimmy breathe his last breathe with fufillment and gave up.

Musa followed paul to the bush path, he had been walking for 15minutes in the bush. Paul being a trained soldier officer had used his soldier experience to hide perfectly in the bush. Immediatelly musa passed where he was, he came out of the bush and pointed his gun at musa
"Drop your gun" he ordered.

Musa slowly dropped his gun.

"Kneel down and put your hands on your head" he commanded and musa slowly obeyed.

Say your last prayer, cos you would be Meeting your ancestors soon" he said and cracked his gun.

"Kpaaaaaa" the gun sounded.

Musa who wasn't hit by the bullet slowly turned back and saw paul lying lifeless on the ground. Amos was holding a gun pointing at the dead body. He released two more bullets.
"Thats for Joe" he said

ONE WEEK LATER
Jacobs walked into the court. He saw Barrister clement.
"What are you doing here?" Jacobs asked.

"I came to save your a'ss as usual" he replied.

"Court rise" the bailiff shouted and everybody stood up, the judge went to his bench and sat before everyone sat down. The normal announcements where done.

There was tight security in the court premises.
"lets see your witness" justice okoro spoke to clement.
Clement called Grace out and she walked to the witness box. She then told the court everything that happened on that day. When she was through, clement came and told the court all that happened to paul and his gang.

"Do you want to cross-examine the witness" justice okoro asked Barrister Briggs.

"Yes your honour" he replied and stood up. He then faced the court.
"I have been backing a criminal without being aware. Paul Adeyemi actually attempted to kill my daughter and not her husband. Right now i am not even worthy of being a lawyer. I apologise to my daughter and this honourable court. I am resigning after this case" he wiped his face with his handkerchief and went back to his seat.

"In the absence of any further witness, i hereby make my judgement" Justice okoro spoke.
Due to lack of concrete evidence before this court, i hereby strike out this case and order the release of Mr. Jacobs with immediate effect. This is my judgement" he hit his gavel.

"court rise!!!" the bailiff shiouted and the judge left the courtroom.
Grace quickly ran to Jacobs and hugged him. Tears were flowing freely from both their eyes.
Someone cleared his throat and they looked up. It was Barrister briggs.

"I know i have been wrong Grace, but please forgive me" he said and brought out a parcel, he opened it and it was a necklace he had seized from grace when she started dating Jacobs. It was a gift from Jacobs.

Grace quickly collected it and hugged him tight.
"Happy wedding anniversary sweatheart" he said.
It was then that grace remembered that it was her 2nd wedding anniversary.
"Hope its not late to give my blessings?" he asked.

"Not at all dad" Grace replied.

Just then Briggs sighted Clement. He left his daughter and walked to him. He shook hands with clement warmly.
"I'm proud of you" he said.

Grace and Jacobs walked towards them and they all embraced themselves in an emotional group hug. That very moment, the previous chapter of their lives ended. They were going to face a new life void of the troubles of the invisible quartet.
Jacobs promised himself to personally fight for the release of Attah but that very moment, he just wanted to enjoy his victory. Indeed he was victorious at the end of the murder case.

THE END

Bro you're a good writer...
Enjoyed the story..
Please teach me how to write like you...wink*

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Seunkings02(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
adegwurulez:
Paul walked out of the room, after dressing like the policeman and collecting his gun and walkie talkie. He came out slowly as if searching for a criminal.

He looked round and he saw that nobody was looking at him, all the other security men were looking for a guy with a white long sleeve and blue jean, nobody came to look for a policeman.
He used the opportunity to move towards the back exit. He knew the wharehouse very well, he had studied his environment before coming for the operation.

"oboy where you dey go" a policeman whispered to him.

"I wan block the back door" he whispered back to him.

"Back door dey? make we go block there na" the policeman replied. He was trying to leave the area where he thought they would be gun battle. As far as he was concerned, he was leaving the danger zone, little did he know that he was with the devil himself.

"i never see this your face before o" The policeman said when they had successfully reached outside after series of stopping and looking around.

"ehm, na C division i from, dem call us make we come back una up" paul replied him.

The guy was still asking paul some questions. Paul who was now getting fed up, silently brought out his silencer and shot the policeman.

He looked round and noticed that nobody was watching him so he quickly faced a lonely bush path.
Musa who was scouting the sorrounding, saw a policeman running to the bush path. He immediately knew something was wrong. He wanted to alert the other members of The security team but he had a feeling they was a mole in the security team. How else did paul escape and how did he gain entrance into the hospital.

He couldn't call Jimmy for backup because there where also in another operation. He quickly brought out his phone and called Dr.Amos.

"I have visuals on paul, I'm currently in pursuit, he is headed for the bushy path that leads to 'Jesus is lord chapel" musa informed him.

Amos was shocked, he didn't know why musa was giving him the information but one thing was sure, he wanted to personally kill paul.
Amos was just coming out of Jacobs' house were he went to find his gun.
He had no car with him and there was no way he was going there in time without a car. He studied his environment and saw a car parked by the street. He sighed and walked to the car. He used his hand to break the glass before opening it from inside.
He practise what he had seen in a hollywood movie,he destroyed the ignition, removed two wires and joined them. The car roared to life, he smiled and then moved the car the car slowly backwards so he could turn properly. Just then, the owner of the car came out and started shouting
"Thief theif theif"

Amos knew what it meant to be caught so he stepped on the gear and sped off.

The back up team had arrived and Jimmy was still searching every corner of the room but didn't find any sign of the invisible quartet. He knew there was no way they could escape since the room was covered all round. He looked down And saw a corner with the tile slightly displaced. He went and studied it before raising it. Lo and behold, there was a large room underground. They all entered the underground room but they noticed the lights were on. The underground room was very large with iron pillars all over the place. It was empty but they was a large metal that seperated that room from another one behind.

All of a sudden, the lights went off. They were still wondering what was happening when the invisible quartet came out of hiding and opened fire on them.

They were taken unawares as some of them were hit by the bullet. They ran and used the iron pillars as shield, they hid behind the irons. Some of them where still looking for where to hide when the lights came on again. Those of them in the open where shut outrightly, the lights went off again. Jimmy started understanding their pattern of attack. He waited for the lights to come on again. Few seconds later, the lights came on but there was no gunshot because nobody was in the open. He knew they had come out so he quickly rushed out and sprayed bullets. His bullets shot one of them but he was also unlucky because he was hit by a bullet on his arm. He quickly hid again while holding his arm. Other members of his squad got angry as they all came out of hiding and started firing their guns which made the invisible quartet to retreat. NATU squad started moving forward in a straight file while firing their guns.

Agent white of the invisible quartet hid and Was watching them as they were advancing. They got to a point and white pressed a botton from a remote control he had in his hand. The tile on that part where the NATU agents stood was computerized. Immediately white pressed the botton, the tiles automatically opened inwardly and all the agents fell into a large pit that had been dug there. Inside the pit was a large drum filled with concentrated acid.
Jimmy rushed in anger with his gun, shooting sporadically. The two remaining 'invisible quartets' ran to the next room but jimmy didn't stop. He followed them and immediatelly he entered, the two men who had hidden behind a drum opened fire on him, the bullets hit him on the chest.

"We are hiding behind a drum of petrol" White warned his other agent. They quickly made to leave but they were too late, Jimmy who had already fell to the ground used his last breathe to shoot his gun. The bullet hit the drum and it exploded, consuming the two agents in the process.
Jimmy breathe his last breathe with fufillment and gave up.

Musa followed paul to the bush path, he had been walking for 15minutes in the bush. Paul being a trained soldier officer had used his soldier experience to hide perfectly in the bush. Immediatelly musa passed where he was, he came out of the bush and pointed his gun at musa
"Drop your gun" he ordered.

Musa slowly dropped his gun.

"Kneel down and put your hands on your head" he commanded and musa slowly obeyed.

Say your last prayer, cos you would be Meeting your ancestors soon" he said and cracked his gun.

"Kpaaaaaa" the gun sounded.

Musa who wasn't hit by the bullet slowly turned back and saw paul lying lifeless on the ground. Amos was holding a gun pointing at the dead body. He released two more bullets.
"Thats for Joe" he said

ONE WEEK LATER
Jacobs walked into the court. He saw Barrister clement.
"What are you doing here?" Jacobs asked.

"I came to save your a'ss as usual" he replied.

"Court rise" the bailiff shouted and everybody stood up, the judge went to his bench and sat before everyone sat down. The normal announcements where done.

There was tight security in the court premises.
"lets see your witness" justice okoro spoke to clement.
Clement called Grace out and she walked to the witness box. She then told the court everything that happened on that day. When she was through, clement came and told the court all that happened to paul and his gang.

"Do you want to cross-examine the witness" justice okoro asked Barrister Briggs.

"Yes your honour" he replied and stood up. He then faced the court.
"I have been backing a criminal without being aware. Paul Adeyemi actually attempted to kill my daughter and not her husband. Right now i am not even worthy of being a lawyer. I apologise to my daughter and this honourable court. I am resigning after this case" he wiped his face with his handkerchief and went back to his seat.

"In the absence of any further witness, i hereby make my judgement" Justice okoro spoke.
Due to lack of concrete evidence before this court, i hereby strike out this case and order the release of Mr. Jacobs with immediate effect. This is my judgement" he hit his gavel.

"court rise!!!" the bailiff shiouted and the judge left the courtroom.
Grace quickly ran to Jacobs and hugged him. Tears were flowing freely from both their eyes.
Someone cleared his throat and they looked up. It was Barrister briggs.

"I know i have been wrong Grace, but please forgive me" he said and brought out a parcel, he opened it and it was a necklace he had seized from grace when she started dating Jacobs. It was a gift from Jacobs.

Grace quickly collected it and hugged him tight.
"Happy wedding anniversary sweatheart" he said.
It was then that grace remembered that it was her 2nd wedding anniversary.
"Hope its not late to give my blessings?" he asked.

"Not at all dad" Grace replied.

Just then Briggs sighted Clement. He left his daughter and walked to him. He shook hands with clement warmly.
"I'm proud of you" he said.

Grace and Jacobs walked towards them and they all embraced themselves in an emotional group hug. That very moment, the previous chapter of their lives ended. They were going to face a new life void of the troubles of the invisible quartet.
Jacobs promised himself to personally fight for the release of Attah but that very moment, he just wanted to enjoy his victory. Indeed he was victorious at the end of the murder case.

THE END

This so interesting, too interesting to be short!
This is a great story, I enjoyed it, Kudos to you bro, I just read the story today. More wisdom to your brain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

The Religion / Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.