Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,951 members, 7,863,379 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? (781 Views)

Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by tnature: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-p0gCol3hKqo/Up9zp50yAlI/AAAAAAAADXM/0EvOD-_B_g0/s640/1.jpg[/img]

I've had this discussion several times and the responses have varied.

I noticed that we are quick to accept twins from one getting married to another set of twins from another family like the previous story about the Okunniyi twins, but we frown upon siblings marrying from the same family.

I'm not sure if this holds true for all Nigerian (or African) community but I know it's a big deal in some families. The logical reason most families give is that the marriage brings both families together and they are assumed to be the same. Since marrying from one's family is incest, the same applies to marrying an in-law.

Personally, I don't hold such views. If it's cool for twins to get married to another set of twins, its should be okay for siblings as well. And really, the families aren't the same. They are not related by any means.

What's your take? Let's have a healthy discussion in the comment section.

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/question-whats-your-take-on-siblings.html
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by vivianbelema(f): 1:52am On Dec 05, 2013
I cant marry in the same family with my adanne oo abeg make she find her way make i find mine
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by tnature: 2:18am On Dec 05, 2013
vivian belema: I cant marry in the same family with my adanne oo abeg make she find her way make i find mine
But, is there anything wrong with it? Maybe I should change the title of the post.
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by prymesolution: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Absolutely nothing wrong with it since the families aren't blood related. Some people just choose to make a big deal out of nothing.
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by tnature: 1:29am On Dec 06, 2013
prymesolution: Absolutely nothing wrong with it since the families aren't blood related. Some people just choose to make a big deal out of nothing.
Spot on!
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by shizzle11(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2013
It depends on individuals. If the couple involved are OK with it, let them be
Re: What's Wrong With Siblings Marrying From The Same Family? by tnature: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
shizzle11: It depends on individuals. If the couple involved are OK with it, let them be
In most cases, it's the relatives that have an issue with it.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Boyfriend Of The Twins Who Spent $24,000 To Look More Alike.ke / Ediekan Tried Committing Suicide Because His Girlfriend Denied Him Sex / 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.