Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers (43628 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army / Fela Kuti Charged With Armed Robbery And Severely Beaten By Buhari (pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by rossi49ja(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2013
Fela remains my all time best government critic. He is a man millions of us cant even attempt becoming. RIP Fela!!!

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Source please!
Can I remind you that a blog cannot be a credible source for a story that took place before invention of the Internet.
In any case Fela himself is a wise man and despite being imprisoned during Buhari's regime for breaking currency law he never ever criticised Buhari. So there was no political reason why Buhari's regime would harass Fela.

The photo this photo was not from 1984, it was most likely the 1978 beating he received under Obasanjo, as Fela was never released by Buhari's regime until Buhari was overthrown.
anonimi:

Understandably, one cannot expect GenBuhari to confirm that it was under his idol's reign as MAXIMUM RULER of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
Meanwhile another picture of Fela under similar circumstance in the same era of executive LAWLESSNESS by our military COUPISTS masquerading as War Against Indiscipline (WAI) shocked

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Y3npfJP23YU/UZYhPkTKenI/AAAAAAAADdE/uqnLbTzaJo4/s1600/Fela+Kuti_118.jpg[/img]

The below extract is from the blog that has the picture:

Guess who was the Officer-in-Charge at Dodan Barracks (i.e. Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the FRN) at the time
None other than CLUELESS Ayatollah Buhari.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by rexbuton: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
What Can we do to help him ?

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by gbadexy(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Maximum shishi.
This man really suffered.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Lilimax(f): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
hmmm...
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by OgologoDimkpa: 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Danhumprey: Back then in the military era. It was really hellish.
The more reason I wouldn't want anybody
with military blood to rule this country again sad.

Afterall once a military, always a military.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by debetmx(m): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
@levelszik:
Chai,the anikulapo himself.the only brave yoruba man.even though u r gone,your manhood still lives on.*sobs,pass me d handkerchief*

You have still not shown us pictures of the only "brave" cantankerous coward.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by DonCarlos1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
That was definitely not in the 80s'. The elevation shoes and bongo trousers were trademarks of the 70s'.

anonimi:

Understandably, one cannot expect GenBuhari to confirm that it was under his idol's reign as MAXIMUM RULER of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
Meanwhile another picture of Fela under similar circumstance in the same era of executive LAWLESSNESS by our military COUPISTS masquerading as War Against Indiscipline (WAI) shocked

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Y3npfJP23YU/UZYhPkTKenI/AAAAAAAADdE/uqnLbTzaJo4/s1600/Fela+Kuti_118.jpg[/img]

Guess who was the Officer-in-Charge at Dodan Barracks (i.e. Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the FRN) at the time
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by anonimi: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Source please!

I already provided the source, which from reading EVERYTHING there about Fela is more than credible.
Hope you have no problem reading EVERYTHING, or do you

I will come back to address the other issues you raised.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by redsun(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
They killed him. All the useless talk about aids is just a smoke screen.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
fela we miss u
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
dondumexx: Abamieda must have been in serious pain....

Omo dem really beat Baba oh....
who Eva did dis go receive d one make pass dis someday

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by macjun(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
For More udates kindly log on to Naijawizard.com THE HOME OF RECENT UPDATES...
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Okijajuju1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
No cause for Alarm..

After he took his drugs 10 minutes later, he was fully healed... grin

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by danjohn: 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
wheesin: Baba o....the guy really suffered...but the sad thing was dat he died during my birth month and year.... kiss cry

I remember Fella's funeral very well. You make me feel old smiley
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by GetGuide: 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
fijiano202: Them hammer baba wella,stupid soldiers them
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian Soldiers no dey show mercy, they are animals

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Dyt(f): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
Big4wig: Chai see head & yet he kept on singing against them..dis man is truly a rear gem...#legendary

Yes o
He's truly a REAR gem
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Okijajuju1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dyt:

Yes o
He's truly a REAR gem

Madt girl... grin

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Wahala90: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
What is that?

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Redhot111(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
wheesin: Baba o....the guy really suffered...but the sad thing was dat he died during my birth month and year.... kiss cry
hw old are u? A toddler?
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
danjohn:

I remember Fella's funeral very well. You make me feel old smiley

oh yea, u can say this again!

I was actually at his lying in state @ TBS Lagos! Enough performances by musicians, including seun!

Mehnnnn, TBS scatter when e reach..............#Clear road for Jagajaga#
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by nemadfsyahooc: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
that is not a plasta but artwork on the hair. Fela ko Fela ni

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by anonimi: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
GenBuhari:
In any case Fela himself is a wise man and despite being imprisoned during Buhari's regime for breaking currency law he never ever criticised Buhari. So there was no political reason why Buhari's regime would harass Fela.

Keep TRYING to bamboozle us with incredible denial of our history.
Anyway, Fela may be dead but his voice and images (videos) are still with us. He sang about Buhari's political victimisation
clearly in this album:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_MgRHpnroYGU/TRsHcU6PPHI/AAAAAAAABQs/ZVqYGJ9q7Qk/s1600/BeastsOfNoNation.jpg[/img]

It included these lyrics:

Nor be outside- Buhari dey
Na craze man be dat
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Nor be outside- Idiagbon dey
Na craze man be dat- oh
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Nor be outside- dem find me guilty
Nor be outside- dem jail me five years
I no do nothing
Nor be outside-dem judge dey beg ee-o

Na craze world be dat, Na craze world be dat
Nor be outside- dem kill dem students
Soweto, Zaria, and Ife
Na craze world be dat, ee-oh
Na craze world be dat,
Nor be outside- all dis dey happen

Make you hear this one
War against indiscipline, ee-oh

Na Nigerian government, ee-oh
Dem dey talk ee-oh
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

Na Nigerian government, ee-oh
Dem dey talk be dat
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

I never hear dat before- oh
Make Government talk, ee-oh

Source Listen here:

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhA2pxthkI][/url]

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by flexshop(m): 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Keep TRYING to bamboozle us with incredible denial of our history.
Anyway, Fela may be dead but his voice and images (videos) are still with us. He sang about Buhari's political victimisation clearly in this album:

[img]http://www.fela.net/discography/beasts-of-no-nation[/img]

It included these lyrics:

Source Listen here:

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhA2pxthkI][/url]
you just gave gen.buhari the finishing punch, I wonder what other defence he has up his sleeves.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by curtain: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Anyimchigozie(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Na fela b that, he is ugly in that picture mixed feelings oo
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by buskie13(m): 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Staged pix..

How do u 'plaster' a head without shaving it? undecided
wish time dem get to shave de head abi na hair b4 dem put plaster?
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nja147: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
If they beat well well he no go remember EGBO.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Chanchit: 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
demelza: grin Haba!
Na this kin injury alabukun dey cure?
@op, abeg turn the face small make I confirm whether na Fela be that.

u no knw saw body pain go dey worry baba 70 as u see am..?
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Bsideboi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Staged pix..

How do u 'plaster' a head without shaving it? undecided
They shave d part where d injury is.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Idowuogbo(f): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wahala90: What is that?
Wonder wonder wonder! Wonder wonder wonder! Till you turn to wonderer....

Video Of Lady Crying And Blasting Wike Over "Imposition Of Candidates" / Fayose Attacks Buhari Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Daily Sun(pic) / PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions