Stats: 3,152,185 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers (43624 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army / Fela Kuti Charged With Armed Robbery And Severely Beaten By Buhari (pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by chucky234(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
One of the greatest Africans ever lived.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by mettimetti: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Raxxye: Na Fela be that? E no resemble am o!
That na Fela! That pictured was taken in 1977 during soldiers invasion of Kalakuta Republic, exactly November 23, 1977. Fela was severly beaten.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by mike404(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Keep TRYING to bamboozle us with incredible denial of our history.
Anyway, Fela may be dead but his voice and images (videos) are still with us. He sang about Buhari's political victimisation
clearly in this album:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_MgRHpnroYGU/TRsHcU6PPHI/AAAAAAAABQs/ZVqYGJ9q7Qk/s1600/BeastsOfNoNation.jpg[/img]

It included these lyrics:

Source Listen here:

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhA2pxthkI][/url]
AND YORUBAS STILL WANT THIS BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRE CALLED BUHARI TO BECOME THEIR PRESIDENT... SMH FOR NDI OFE NME NME
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by mettimetti: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
chucky234: One of the greatest Africans ever lived.
My brother I dey feel you! grin

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by McGeorge1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dat kind photoshoped bandage sef
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by naptu2: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fela was beaten during the invasion of Kalakuta Republic. He was also beaten when he took his mother's coffin to the Keffi Street gate of Doddan Barracks. All these happened in the 1970s.

I remember that he was also beaten during an earlier altercation with the police, but I can't remember the details of that encounter.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by mettimetti: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
@levelszik:
Chai,the anikulapo himself.the only brave yoruba man.even though u r gone,your manhood
still lives on.*sobs,pass me d handkerchief*
Yes he was very brave. But he wasn't the ONLY brave Yoruba man. There are so many brave Yoruba men.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Crownvilla(m): 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Understandably, one cannot expect GenBuhari to confirm that it was under his idol's reign as MAXIMUM RULER of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
Meanwhile another picture of Fela under similar circumstance in the same era of executive LAWLESSNESS by our military
@ Anonini,

These pictures of Fela were taken after the original Shrine @ 122 Agege Motor Rd, Lagos, was razed by irate soldiers in 1977.

At the time, Olusegun Obasanjo was Head of State and [b]NOT
Muhammadu Buhari who only became Head of Sate in 1984.

It was during Buhari's regime that Fela was arrested and jailed for not declaring the total amount of foreign currency he had in his possession at the airport on his way to a concert in LA. Althouh incarcerated there was no beating involved in the latter incident.

COUPISTS masquerading as War Against Indiscipline (WAI) [/b] shocked

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Y3npfJP23YU/UZYhPkTKenI/AAAAAAAADdE/uqnLbTzaJo4/s1600/Fela+Kuti_118.jpg[/img]

The below extract is from the blog that has the picture:

Guess who was the Officer-in-Charge at Dodan Barracks (i.e. Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the FRN) at the time
None other than CLUELESS Ayatollah Buhari.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by nickz(m): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Source please!
Can I remind you that a blog cannot be a credible source for a story that took place before invention of the Internet.
In any case Fela himself is a wise man and despite being imprisoned during Buhari's regime for breaking currency law he never ever criticised Buhari. So there was no political reason why Buhari's regime would harass Fela.

The photo this photo was not from 1984, it was most likely the 1978 beating he received under Obasanjo, as Fela was never released by Buhari's regime until Buhari was overthrown.
you must be seriously joking
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by nijanigga: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Understandably, one cannot expect GenBuhari to confirm that it was under his idol's reign as MAXIMUM RULER of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
Meanwhile another picture of Fela under similar circumstance in the same era of executive LAWLESSNESS by our military COUPISTS masquerading as War Against Indiscipline (WAI) shocked

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Y3npfJP23YU/UZYhPkTKenI/AAAAAAAADdE/uqnLbTzaJo4/s1600/Fela+Kuti_118.jpg[/img]

Guess who was the Officer-in-Charge at Dodan Barracks (i.e. Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the FRN) at the time
Bloody liar and absolute bunkum. Simple logic, Buhari became head of state on Dec 31, 1983 by then we high heels fashion was long gone. High heels and that fashion trousers were reigning in the 70's during Obj's military regime. It was during his time that Fela's mom was murdered by the same devil in the person Obj.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by naptu2: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
Afrobeat historian Chris May, who provides in-depth track-by-track commentaries for all tracks on the Fela reissues released by Knitting Factory, writes:

Sorrow Tears & Blood (1977) – an impassioned attack on police and army violence against political dissenters in Africa - was among the first albums Fela released following the Nigerian army's destruction of his Kalakuta Republic commune on 18 February 1977. Characteristically, Fela came back fighting. One of the LP's early front sleeve designs (there were two, about which more below) was a photograph showing Fela onstage in the aftermath of the outrage, his left leg in plaster from foot to knee. The police and army invariably leave behind them "sorrow, tears and blood," Fela sings, and the backing vocalists respond, "dem regular trademark."  The album was dedicated, Fela said, "to the memory of those who were beaten, raped, tortured or injured" during the Kalakuta attack.

Fela's record company, Decca, refused to release Sorrow Tears & Blood, fearing government reprisals. Fela responded by setting up Kalakuta Records and making the album the label's debut release.

All this has led to the common belief that the album's title track was written after, and concerns itself with, the events of February 1977. It certainly resonates with them. However, according to Fela's friend and sleeve designer, Ghariokwu Lemi, Fela actually wrote the lyrics in the weeks following the South African apartheid regime's crushing of the Soweto uprising on 16 June 1976. Sorrow Tears & Blood was added to Afrika 70's set list the following month, and was probably recorded around August/September.

http://www.thisisafrica.me/new-releases/detail/19854/fela-kuti-limited-edition-12-vinyl-of-the-extended-version-of-sorrow-tears-blood

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Rejoice5000(f): 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
Who know wetin him vomit?
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by 5much(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
we don see am
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
ABEG MAKE WE PLAY FELA JARE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Op2oKVCEo

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by anonimi: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
I have noticed a few commentators point out that Fela's broken leg picture I posted was due to beating suffered under General OBJoke's regime.
I did not say anything different in my post with the picture.
Ayatollah Buhari was not AS CRUDE as his brother-in-arms, OBJoke. He simply asked the judge to jail Fela on the trumped up charges of forex export. The judge later apologised to Fela.
I am reproducing the relevant portion of my post for those who might have missed the sequence and logic:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fela was supposed to come to LA in 1984 to perform at the Hollywood Bowl, but he was arrested on trumped-up currency charges and put in jail.

Source: http://afrobeat-music..com/2013/05/fela-kuti-on-kcrw-unearthed-cassette.html

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by naptu2: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
grin this is so funny.

I could teach a course on spin simply by using the spin doctors on this site as examples.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by bolayei: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Rare Being.., Prophet,seer,most humble, natural, most truthful, one one the poshest(ajebota) nigerian that ever lived.

My dad's role model (mind you i nor be small boy). Abami eda.

Fela lives

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by cap28: 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abami Eda - the epitome of black power - man of the people and the best president Nigeria never had.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by OkochiZico(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
No be Fela be this na, this one get small flesh for body.
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by cap28: 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
No Nigerian musician past or present can even dream of coming close to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRXNA3Eofs

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Dollycious(f): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
cry
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by rhames(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
E don tay wey e no dey word.Abami eda
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
wheesin: Baba o....the guy really suffered...but the sad thing was dat he died during my birth month and year.... kiss cry
you must be in ur teens now??
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by EmperorAugustus(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why them no go beat am? Wey e dey teach people pikin how to smoke Igbo.

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Anyway, Fela may be dead but his voice and images (videos) are still with us. He sang about Buhari's political victimisation
clearly in this album:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_MgRHpnroYGU/TRsHcU6PPHI/AAAAAAAABQs/ZVqYGJ9q7Qk/s1600/BeastsOfNoNation.jpg[/img]

Source Listen here:

[url=
nna ehn..i wanted to reply genbuhari until i saw dis ur post. Perfect!
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by seangy4konji: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Only this man saw where this country was heading and said it over 20 years ago but they killed him...PADDY PADDY GOVERMENT....SUFFERING AND SMILING!!!!

Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Look at the album cover and you would see where it says June 1986. This album was released during IBB's regime 10months after Buhari was overthrown.

anonimi:

clearly in this album:

Source Listen here:

[url=
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Napoleondegreat: 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
cap28: No Nigerian musician past or present can even dream of coming close to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRXNA3Eofs

You are a crazy man. Don't allow me open up on you and ur Fela oo. Meanwhile Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe remains the most accomplished Nigerian Musician both living and dead. Deal with the fact!
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by herbyb(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2013
That bOOt court though!
**mofedaku**
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by igboboy1(m): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2013
stfadaanthony: Abamieda leaves on...i remba his sayn,i ave death in my posh

na pouch o.... abi na the "S" factor dey worry you?
Re: Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers by Pennywise(m): 3:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Raxxye: Na Fela be that? E no resemble am o!

This was long before he took to igbo-smoking.

Mob Invades Senator Teslim Folarin's House, Loot Empowerment Materials / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To His Drainage And Water Resources Appointment By Sanwo-Olu / Video Of Lady Crying And Blasting Wike Over "Imposition Of Candidates"