Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,080 members, 7,863,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Catholicism & Idol Worshiping - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism & Idol Worshiping (5003 Views)

Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2013
FrancisTony: @harbiolar you 're even a male. LOL, tot you were female tho'

I thought as much.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
harbiola1:

Then you can worship the two interchangably?
Nope. That's why it's called TRINITY. We worship God i.e TRINITY.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
FrancisTony: Nope. That's why it's called TRINITY. We worship God i.e TRINITY.

Which one be TRINITY again?

Do you call on Trinity or Jesus when praying.

Father <1st Person>
Jesus <2nd Person>
Holy Spirit <Hovering around the Two>

And when you are pray, u pray to Jesus <2nd Person>

Ok, should i dig some of ur brother's posts that clear say "There is no other God beside Jesus"

What about the Father?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
FrancisTony: I never said he's not the daddy. But do you now believe in TRINITY?

Can the elevated/promoted be equal to the promoter? what do you think?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
JMAN05:

Can the elevated/promoted be equal to the promoter? what do you think?
hey. How do i know?. Just read where i quoted harbiola, was i the one that added in the bible where God said "Let all angel worship Jesus". Not me bro
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
FrancisTony: hey. How do i know?.
Ain't you suppose to know about your Salvation?

Emusan:
Just read where i quoted harbiola, was i the one that added in the bible where God said "Let all angel worship Jesus". Not me bro

It brutally debunked the concept of Monotheism.

Should i show you a LIAR from the bible?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
harbiola1:
Ain't you suppose to know about your Salvation?

It brutally debunked the concept of Monotheism.

Should i show you a LIAR from the bible?

and what made you to think that elevated person can't be equal? Errmmm, oya show me nah
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
FrancisTony: and what made you to think that elevated person can't be equal? Errmmm, oya show me nah
OK!

Pls Do me a favor.

help me to post this verses from your best bible version;

ISAIAH 7:10-15
MATTHEW 1:22-23

^^1. Who was Isaiah talking about?

2. Who was Matthew talking about?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2013
@ FRANCIS, let us do this nah.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 13, 2013
FrancisTony: hey. How do i know?. Just read where i quoted harbiola, was i the one that added in the bible where God said "Let all angel worship Jesus". Not me bro

see problem o, 'Adam where are you?...' did I say that you added anything? I repeat:

Can the elevated/promoted be equal to
the promoter? what do you think?

If you dont know, neither do I know what you asked me.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by macof(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2013
All these things that u all are saying is BS

Jesus- Zeus
Yahweh/Jehovah- Uranus
Mary-Rhea

there u have a perfectly modified Roman pagan religion to Catholism
Which turns to other denominations as the catholics didn't cover their tracks well enough.

JW are the ones who take the Bible seriously and follow it word for word, but of course it's still a religion made by Roman pagans
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2013
macof: All these things that u all are saying is BS

Jesus- Zeus
Yahweh/Jehovah- Uranus
Mary-Rhea

Which turns to other denominations as the catholics didn't cover their tracks well enough.

JW are the ones who take the Bible seriously and follow it word for word, but of course it's still a religion made by Roman pagans
another attention seeker. Jehovah witness follows bible indeed. @bolded shebi u're d eyewitness, abeg i'm expecting the video oo. Ermm @harbiolar i'm coming for d answer of ur question.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2013
JMAN05:

see problem o, 'Adam where are you?...' did I say that you added anything? I repeat:

Can the elevated/promoted be equal to
the promoter? what do you think?

If you dont know, neither do I know what you asked me.
@your question Yes. I will join JW if i don't have enough bible passage to dissapprove their doctrine. But i got that yapa
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by macof(m): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2013
FrancisTony: another attention seeker. Jehovah witness follows bible indeed. @bolded shebi u're d eyewitness, abeg i'm expecting the video oo. Ermm @harbiolar i'm coming for d answer of ur question.

Point is u are too religious to be spiritual.

You prefer kissing the feet of ur Vatican masters.

Wait a minute. Have u ever read the history of Christianity and catholism?

You would be surprised if u are intelligent enough to see the conspiracy.

Romans are Lords #fact
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2013
harbiola1:
OK!

Pls Do me a favor.

help me to post this verses from your best bible version;

ISAIAH 7:10-15
MATTHEW 1:22-23

^^1. Who was Isaiah talking about?

2. Who was Matthew talking about?
Isaiah 7:10 moreover the lord spoke again to ahaz saying,
11. Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God, ask it either in the depth or in the height above.
12. But ahaz sai, i will not ask nor will i test the Lord
13. Then he said, hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also.
14. Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign, behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name, Immanuel.
15. Curds and honey he shall eat that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.
mathew 1: 22 so all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet saying
23. Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which is translated, God is with us.

Mathew is talking abt Jesus.
Isaiah is also talking about Jesus, but i'm confuse abt the bolded part. Thanks #shalom
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Romans are Lords #fact
hey! Ayaf not kiss anybody foot but kissing it means nothing to me. Or what does it mean? Christianity started in antioch i guess. Any other story is as fake as fake currency.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by POPEII: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Romans are Lords #fact

Ah ah
May Lord have mercy
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2013
FrancisTony: @your question Yes. I will join JW if i don't have enough bible passage to dissapprove their doctrine. But i got that yapa

1. In other words, Jesus was already in the same position with God before He (God) exulted him?

2. is there something that omniscience do not know?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2013
JMAN05:

1. In other words, Jesus was already in the same position with God before He (God) exulted him?

2. is there something that omniscience do not know?
he wasn't in the same postion with God b4 he was exalted 'cos he was praying to God. Dazzall
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2013
FrancisTony:
11. Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God, ask it either in the depth or in the height above.
13. Then he said, hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also.
14. Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign, behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name, Immanuel.
15. Curds and honey he shall eat that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.
mathew 1: 22 so all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet saying
23. Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which is translated, God is with us.

Isaiah is also talking about Jesus, but i'm confuse abt the bolded part. Thanks #shalom

SEEN!

@ Jman, i think it's high time you defended bible's credibility.

I'm coming...
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by macof(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2013
FrancisTony:

Lies and lies.

Immanuel is not Yeshua
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Isaiah 7:1-16 are the verses of the book of Isaiah in which Prophet Isaiah, addressing King Ahaz of Judah, promising the King Ahaz that God will destroy his enemies; as a sign that his Prophecy is a true one, Isaiah predicts that a Almah will shortly give birth to a child whose name will be Immanuel "God with us".
And that the threat from the enemy Kings will be ended before the child grows up.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT.
In the mid-8th Century BCE, the kingdom of Isreal (called Ephraim in Isaiah) and its ally Aram-damascus (or Syria) besieged Jerusalem to force King Ahaz of Judah into joining a coalition against Assyria, the aggresive "great power" to the North-East. Ahaz turned to Assyria itself for help, but although the Assyrians destroyed Syria and Ephraim, Judah became Assyrian vassal.

The history Isaiah was a Prophet in jerusalem during the reigns of Ahaz and Hezekiah. The prophecy in these verses was delivered during the Joint Ephraimite-Syrian siege, but was probably written down during the Assyrian siege in the time of Ahaz and then revised again when Judah came into conflict with Babylon.

Isaiah 7:1-10.
Judah is faced with invasion by its Northern neighbours, Isreal (also called Ephraim) and Aram-Damascus(Syria).

But God instructs the Prophet Isaiah to tell King Ahaz that God will destroy Judah's enemy (Isaiah 7:1-10);

When Ahaz was king of Judah, Rezin, king of Syria and Pekah was king of Isreal, marched on Jerusalem, they were unable to prevail against it.
When the House of David was told that Syria had allied itself with Ephraim, their hearts and the hearts of their people trembled.
But the Lord said to Isaiah,
"God out to meet Ahaz, you and Shearjushub your Son. and say to him,
"Be firm and keep calm; The lord has said,
"It will not happen".

The Prophecy - Isaiah 7:11-16:

FrancisTony:
Prophet Isaiah approach king Ahaz to deliver God's message.

FrancisTony:
Isaiah delivers God's message to Ahaz and tells him to ask for a sign to confirm that this is a true Prophecy.

FrancisTony:
Ahaz refuses saying he will not test God.

FrancisTony:
Isaiah replied that Ahaz will have a sign whether he asks for it or not.

FrancisTony:
And Isaiah said the SIGN will be the birth of a child by a VIRGIN, and she shall call his name IMMANUEL "God is with Us".

FrancisTony:

16. For before the child knows to reject the bad and choose the good, desolation will come upon the land of the two kings before whom you now cower.

VERSE 16 ADDED BY HARBIOLA[/b]
And by the time the Infant (i.e Immanuel) learns to reject the bad and choose the good (i.e is old enough to know the right from wrong) he will be eating Curds and Honey, then Ephraim and Syria the opponent of King Ahaz will be destroyed

QUESTION 1. WAS GOD FOOLING KING AHAZ WITH THIS PROPHECY OR WAS THE PROPHECY FULFILED TO HIM (I.E A VIRGIN BORNE A CHILD)[/b]

FrancisTony:

Kindly answer the question above, your answer will address Matthew verses.

FrancisTony:

It is clearly explained.

My answer!!!
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by POPEII: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
This Moslem sef
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II: This Moslem sef

It is beyond ur level i pressumed

Pls take a chair and be watching. undecided undecided
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by POPEII: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
harbiola1:

It is beyond ur level i pressumed

Pls take a chair and be watching. undecided undecided
can u go back to your section? Can we come in your quarantined section and preach/post anti Islamic stuffs? I blame the mods who allow a lowlife and cockroach like you to question Christianity and insult our belief
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by POPEII: 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof: All these things that u all are saying is BS

Jesus- Zeus
Yahweh/Jehovah- Uranus
Mary-Rhea

Didn't cover their tracks well enough? Lol
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
@harbiolar the prophesy was fufilled.
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Lies and lies.

Immanuel is not Yeshua
what's this one saying? Did you see mention yeshua?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II: This Moslem sef
Lol. He's a muslim? Was thinking JW
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by macof(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
harbiola1: Isaiah 7:1-16 are the verses of the book of Isaiah in which Prophet Isaiah, addressing King Ahaz of Judah, promising the King Ahaz that God will destroy his enemies; as a sign that his Prophecy is a true one, Isaiah predicts that a Almah will shortly give birth to a child whose name will be Immanuel "God with us".
And that the threat from the enemy Kings will be ended before the child grows up.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT.
In the mid-8th Century BCE, the kingdom of Isreal (called Ephraim in Isaiah) and its ally Aram-damascus (or Syria) besieged Jerusalem to force King Ahaz of Judah into joining a coalition against Assyria, the aggresive "great power" to the North-East. Ahaz turned to Assyria itself for help, but although the Assyrians destroyed Syria and Ephraim, Judah became Assyrian vassal.

The history Isaiah was a Prophet in jerusalem during the reigns of Ahaz and Hezekiah. The prophecy in these verses was delivered during the Joint Ephraimite-Syrian siege, but was probably written down during the Assyrian siege in the time of Ahaz and then revised again when Judah came into conflict with Babylon.

Isaiah 7:1-10.
Judah is faced with invasion by its Northern neighbours, Isreal (also called Ephraim) and Aram-Damascus(Syria).

But God instructs the Prophet Isaiah to tell King Ahaz that God will destroy Judah's enemy (Isaiah 7:1-10);

When Ahaz was king of Judah, Rezin, king of Syria and Pekah was king of Isreal, marched on Jerusalem, they were unable to prevail against it.
When the House of David was told that Syria had allied itself with Ephraim, their hearts and the hearts of their people trembled.
But the Lord said to Isaiah,
"God out to meet Ahaz, you and Shearjushub your Son. and say to him,
"Be firm and keep calm; The lord has said,
"It will not happen".

The Prophecy - Isaiah 7:11-16:

Prophet Isaiah approach king Ahaz to deliver God's message.

Isaiah delivers God's message to Ahaz and tells him to ask for a sign to confirm that this is a true Prophecy.

Ahaz refuses saying he will not test God.

Isaiah replied that Ahaz will have a sign whether he asks for it or not.

And Isaiah said the SIGN will be the birth of a child by a VIRGIN, and she shall call his name IMMANUEL "God is with Us".

And by the time the Infant (i.e Immanuel) learns to reject the bad and choose the good (i.e is old enough to know the right from wrong) he will be eating Curds and Honey, then Ephraim and Syria the opponent of King Ahaz will be destroyed

QUESTION 1. WAS GOD FOOLING KING AHAZ WITH THIS PROPHECY OR WAS THE PROPHECY FULFILED TO HIM (I.E A VIRGIN BORNE A CHILD)[/b]

Kindly answer the question above, your answer will address Matthew verses.

It is clearly explained.

My answer!!!

See this guy yarnin Jewish history. Nice sha smiley

But if only u knew about ur Arab masters
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II: can u go back to your section? Can we come in your quarantined section and preach/post anti Islamic stuffs?
Does this answer my QUESTION?

POPE II:
I blame the mods who allow a lowlife
Trust me, u're not in any way better than this.

POPE II:
and cockroach like you to question Christianity and insult our belief
I don't get this.

Where have i insulted you here for goodness sake?
Since i've said SORRY once, i've been minding my posts to prevent this kind of absurd accusation.

And a truth is not an insult until it is refuted.
Can you do this and stop behaving like a toddler?
Re: Catholicism & Idol Worshiping by harbiola1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

See this guy yarnin Jewish history. Nice sha smiley
Yeah, Nice!!!

macof:
But if only u knew about ur Arab masters
Can you pls create a thread to lecture me what i may not know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. / Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? / How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.