Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village (834 Views)

OMG!!! Will This Marriage Be A Blessing To These Couple Or A Trouble??(must See) / Should Marriage Be A Core Dream/goal? / Could Marriage Be An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please Nairalanders, i am pretty much inexperienced in such sensitive matters. I am not really a fan of doing those village things so i want to know if the Traditional Marriage of a couple can be done some where else other than the girls village. maybe her father's house in town, my house, a resort or something....

your thoughts and views as it applies to all tribes pls..
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by hotmolo(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
It depends on tradition. In traditions such as d 1 u stated, d bride prize myt evn b paid on dat day of d marriage. It depends
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Alikaxon(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
yes. Bride's house.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by obyrich(m): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Is traditional marriage compulsory? If yes, then go to the brides village and do it else don't do it at all. That's my take.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
so does it mean that the man cannot decide to do it somewhere else?

pls i really want to understand this.... If you have some traditional operational guide to this effect that you know, pls state.

but i want to know basically if the girl is Igbo can it be done in Lagos maybe with delegates from the village.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Lawconfessor(f): 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why not?

U gotta perform due rites n take her in from her parent's home, dat makes it all traditional marriage as d name. Resort ain't d best place to pay d "TraditionaL" respects. So u marry her out from her home town nt township.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by psucc(m): 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
OP carry your own go do for uina villge. Afterall, na you be the had of that house.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by obyrich(m): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2013
Chuzzyrules: so does it mean that the man cannot decide to do it somewhere else?

pls i really want to understand this.... If you have some traditional operational guide to this effect that you know, pls state.

but i want to know basically if the girl is Igbo can it be done in Lagos maybe with delegates from the village.
You can do it anywhere or anyhow but it definitely will not reflect the traditions of her people. If you are the type who habour an uncanny phobia for the village, please leave their traditions alone and do church or court wedding. If white men could afford to go to the villages of their Nigerian brides for the traditional marriages I don't see any reason why we Nigerians would carry our village people to strange lands for traditional marriage ceremonies. Sounds odd and despicable to me.
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2013
psucc: OP carry your own go do for uina villge. Afterall, na you be the had of that house.

lol...am not looking at it from the autocratic view...
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2013
psucc: OP carry your own go do for uina villge. Afterall, na you be the had of that house.

if i may also ask, what is yhe importance of Traditional Marriage!
Re: Must Traditional Marriage Be Done In Girl's Village by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2013
@Mod... front page this for more thoughts and facts

(1) (Reply)

Nkem Were Are You Am Still Searching 4u!!! / How To Avoid Heart Break In Relationships. / Funny But True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.