Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Could Marriage Be An Achievement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could Marriage Be An Achievement? (1811 Views)

Marriage Is Not An Achievement...singer WAJE Warns. / OMG!!! Will This Marriage Be A Blessing To These Couple Or A Trouble??(must See) / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
Your kind and honest response is appreciated. Thanks
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by r231(m): 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
I don't know
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2011
Makes you responsible,and serious,and also look forward to a better future ,depending on society ,check abraham maslow theory of needs and check the one you belong,we Nigerians are still in the basic need ,so when we conquer any of it ,its an achievement,housing,clothing,food,sex etc
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MMM2(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
ask ur parents
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by furotex: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2011
good question, what do you think ? pls s lunch time.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by kayalla(f): 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2011
its a big question, to some its just an achievement but to some its more than tha,

but for me ***its not.

tank u, hope this helps
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
Interesting, this is really helping someone.

Quote: Its not a University degree, its not a science, neither is it an art. Its not like saving to buy a million dollar house or car. Its not like going to war and coming back alive. Its not a black belt in karate or judo or something in the same line. Its not a lottery win. Its not an invention, not an innovation, not a discovery, and even if it is, you won’t be the first person to make the discovery, neither will you be the first or last person to go down the line, and say ‘I do’. Many that have once said ‘I do’, later said ‘I don’t', and left us all wondering what they were thinking when they first said ‘I do’. In fact, others have said ‘I do’ more than once, and as a result we do not bother anymore about whenever they choose to say the next ‘I don’t’.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2011
What is so so so so special about marriage, is it an achievement? Please help shed some light. Thanks
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2011
its not an achievement, but it MAY be one of d best experience one can ever have.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by r231(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^^true
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MrsChima(f): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2011
Sighs.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2011
r231:

I don't know
I must be honest and say, your comments crack me up at times cheesy cheesy cheesy

"I don't know" hahahhaha luv you manhh! ( I mean that in a witty way lipsrsealed)
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by kayalla(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2011
MRS CHIMA ***u re married, help this little fellow,
ur sighing doesnt say anything
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by r231(m): 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
rokiatu:

I must be honest and say, your comments crack me up at times cheesy cheesy cheesy

"I don't know" hahahhaha luv you manhh! ( I mean that in a witty way lipsrsealed)

oh yea luv u too grin cheesy grin
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Mobinga: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2011
Its a MASSIVE achievement for the LADIES. Its not that an achievement for men.
The first wedding I attended was a cousin of mine, a phucking Millionaire, The Dude did not smile through out the wedding, no Joy at all. Meanwhile the chic was like in heaven, the best day of her life for her getting married to a young millionaire in a massive grand wedding, ecstatic, the dude was even the owner of the 4 star hotel.
Now tell me, is that not an Achievement for the lady? How many single ladies wish for that?

and she had two kids boy and girl for him already, otherwise I don't see how he would have married at such an age.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MrsChima(f): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
Sighs.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Mobinga

grin
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by harakiri(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2011
It's an achievement for women and a downer for men. It fulfills women temporarily (coz they are never satisfied with anything) and takes a man to his grave earlier than normal due to dealing with constant drama on a daily basis and living each day with a woman that reproduces a different personality at the whim of a second. She is incredibly happy this minute and just when you feel everything is alright, she has drifted into acute depression. You wake up every day not knowing what to expect
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Phate07(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, the final achievement.
After it, you start toppling downhill. Fast. undecided
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Dsense(m): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
@r231 bros,
How are u doing . . .
I need your vote here grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-600804.0.html
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by r231(m): 11:43pm On Feb 10, 2011
D-sense:

@r231 bros,
How are u doing . . .
I need your vote here grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-600804.0.html

i go vote but e go cost you o

vote no be free dis days grin grin
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Dsense(m): 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ok.
I got you a gift from some1.won't mention until the deal is done . . . It's a surprise grin
Oya nau.
ABI NA 3 BAGS OF RICE YOU WANT? grin
Infact nigerians don turn to something else cry grin
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 1:56am On Feb 11, 2011
Could it be a true achievement for women

Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MrsChima(f): 2:05am On Feb 11, 2011
Sighs.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Pweety4me(f): 2:08am On Feb 11, 2011
r231:

I don't know
Bro u might need sum time away, isn't it rather early. smiley
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by dady2011(m): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2011
Yes and No depending on where you live:

in the West - Marriage is mostly considered old fashion by many, a contract that put restriction on the couple. if you divorce (so easy to divorce), everything you have (house, property, money, business, debt etc) is shared equally at 50% between the two of you. if you have Children, she gets custody and he is on the hook for paying child support until they are 18. He will most likely live the house (if they buy one - it does not matter who actually pays for the house). Her boy friend may decide to move in to the house with the children there. Some of this Children may be abuse by her boyfriend, drop out of school, do drug, end in prison, or in a street gang etc. And finally, she can call the Police on him and have him arrested and put in jail if he sleep with her without her consent.

In Nigeria: - Marriage is considered an achievement to some degree. if you divorce (not common), everything you have (house, property, money, business, debt etc) is not shared equally between the two of you. He will most likely take every thing and she get nothing unless those things/money that she has to her name. if you have Children, he gets custody and look after the children. She will most likely live the house (if they build one - it does not matter if he used her money to build it). His girl friend may decide to move in to the house with the children there. Some of this Children may not be treated fairly by the new woman. and finally, she can not call police on him and put him in jail if he sleep with her without her consent.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MrsChima(f): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2011
dady2011:

Yes and No depending on where you live:

in the West - Marriage is mostly considered old fashion by many, a contract that put restriction on the couple. if you divorce (so easy to divorce), everything you have (house, property, money, business, debt etc) is shared equally at 50% between the two of you. if you have Children, she gets custody and he is on the hook for paying child support until they are 18. He will most likely live the house (if they buy one - it does not matter who actually pays for the house). Her boy friend may decide to move in to the house with the children there. Some of this Children may be abuse by her boyfriend, drop out of school, do drug, end in prison, or in a street gang etc. And finally, she can call the Police on him and have him arrested and put in jail if he sleep with her without her consent.

You do know that CHILDREN WHO ARE FROM A WELL TO DO family with BOTH PARENTS are most likely to BE bleeped UP. The kid who shot up the school in Columbine Colorado was white and HAD BOTH PARENTS. The guy who shot a white senator and a white girl in a public event and HAD BOTH PARENTS.

In Nigeria: - Marriage is considered an achievement to some degree. if you divorce (not common), everything you have (house, property, money, business, debt etc) is not shared equally between the two of you. He will most likely take every thing and she get nothing unless those things/money that she has to her name. if you have Children, he gets custody and look after the children. She will most likely live the house (if they build one - it does not matter if he used her money to build it). His girl friend may decide to move in to the house with the children there. Some of this Children may not be treated fairly by the new woman. and finally, she can not call police on him and put him in jail if he sleep with her without her consent.

THAT SAD and I see why the women running to the white men. I have a question, you said that the children are raised by the father after the divorce and the girlfriend or the ho move in to take care of the children. BUT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES IN NIGERIA? Who fault is that? It is clearly not the mother since she is left with nothing. Let me remind you, Nigeria is not in the WEST.

Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by alagha: 8:30am On Feb 11, 2011
yes, because more than 80% of persons are looking for one way or the other to have it done and to me any thing that involves this percentage of person in a search for, is an investment. hope this can help?
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2011
^^ at least.
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2011
harakiri:

It's an achievement for women and a downer for men. It fulfills women temporarily (coz they are never satisfied with anything) and takes a man to his grave earlier than normal due to dealing with constant drama on a daily basis and living each day with a woman that reproduces a different personality at the whim of a second. She is incredibly happy this minute and just when you feel everything is alright, she has drifted into acute depression. You wake up every day not knowing what to expect

now this got me rotfl cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by goslow2: 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ grin
Re: Could Marriage Be An Achievement? by MrsChima(f): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2011
It is the men that are PROPOSING TO THESE WOMEN but yet it is a downer to the men. What the Bleep?

(1) (2) (Reply)

High Prostitution Who Is Responsible? Men Or Women / Huge Problem / Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.