Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

My View On Multiple Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My View On Multiple Dating (4185 Views)

Tips To Find Out If Your Girl Is Multiple Dating / The Theory And Practice Of Multiple Dating / Multiple Dating.....Gud or Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 5:50am On Dec 06, 2013
Good morning, distinguished forum pals. My post may tend to defy common (African) sense but how else do we learn from life if there isn't some strings of controversy.
My post today is a partial dissidence of the general notion that a person must be confined to one's partner all in the name of dating, and anyone whose action contradicts this thesis is automatically branded a reminiscent of the devil. Don't get it twisted, married couples are beyond the stage of dating so this piece is not applicable to them.
My emphasis is mostly on the guys, who mostly put a restriction on some nice catch out there just to fulfil all righteousness (if there's any). Please don't see my being realistic as being chauvinistic, neither should you think that I'm a misogynist because I've never seen any man in the world as chivalrous as I am. I have the softest spot for women, and would do nothing to get into their bad book wink But let's talk logic here.
What is wrong in admiring a lady who's hot in front of my girlfriend, I mean like looking into the lady's eye and be like, "hey sweery, look at that babe, she's so hot and she turned me on". Is it also impossible for a lady to see a cute guy in front of her boyfriend, and be like, "hey sweery, see that guy is so cute, let me have a dinner with him." The world would be a better place if things like this are let to be with no hard feelings attached to it.
It's high time we stopped taking this relationship thingy too far like its a marriage obligation. It's only your wife/husband that you are entitled to as a sole partner, hence one would be more concerned of his/her wife/husband privacy than whatever business that goes on in his/her working place. Marital vows had made it so that you are one body.
But same can't be applicable to BFs/GFs . Since you are not my wife and I'm not your husband, the number of ladies I see anytime we aren't together shouldn't be any of your problems, and vice versa. Don't make it a priority that a man (whom you aren't legally married to) should be responsible for your upkeep. Let him do it when he wishes to. Same for the guys. When she denies you a flight ticket to Jerusalem, don't take it to heart against her. Always have it in your mind that she is not your wife, hence you have no authority or say whatever she does with her body.
Some people might be saying in their heart that this guy knows nothing about love but the hard truth is that if you can't still maintain the pitch of the love you have for your partner when for example, you happen to catch him/her on the act of havíng sex with another man/woman then I'm sorry to say that there was no LOVE in the first place but all a facade. Even the bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:4, that love is not jealous, and still went ahead to state in 13:7 that Love bears and endures all things. So if a mere case of he/she doing what she feels is pleasurable to him/her suddenly makes you hate him/her, then there was no LOVE in the first place. So even if you see your girlfriend been banged by five men at a time, that should just be a minor issue to you. No be her own body? LOL.
Left for me, I would offer to have an intimate affair that would involve any form of romance save sex (of which I would make exclusive to my girlfriend if she wishes.
To that unlucky lady, you might have gotten enlightened with this brief post what people who are dating should be like, and how your Mr. Right see things that others may not be seeing.
I CASE MY REST! smiley

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 06, 2013
Lol kedu?

Dating comes before marriage. If I want someone to consider making me his wife, I will respect him, whether he is around or not. If he is with me, then I will give him my utmost attention and make sure we have the best time in each other's company. If we're apart, I will tell him everything about my dad, even things he doesn't want to hear, because I want him to trust me. A man proposes to a woman because he sees certain qualities in her that he'd love in his wife. "She's responsible... she's respectful... she's driven."

One does not become a husband or wife overnight. Yes, you do your traditional wedding, say your vows, yada yada yada, and you go from boyfriend/girlfriend to Mister and Missus, but do the rings on the fingers, exchanged vows, and formalities make either of them more responsible? No. "Husband" and "wife" are still titles. Maturity, self-control, and mutual respect are some things that make married couples last. They're also some of the things that made them marry in the first place.

Of course, to each his or her own. Some people are in open relationships and that works just fine. Generally, however, people oppose them, be it pre-marriage or while married, and I'm the same way.

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 6:10am On Dec 06, 2013
I'm not against any form of commitment to your partner during courtship (though it shouldn't be mandatory) but it shouldn't be a priority to anyone. You want to abstain from other men because you want other your man to see you good for a wife, that's fine, as long as it's done out of your willingness. My main aim here is to dissent the general notion whereby in dating, you take a man like he is your property, hence he wouldn't say hi or approach another lady whom he feels is hotter than you. What I solicit for, here today, is for this love of tolerance to be mutual rather than one-sided. THANKS!
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2013
Nice posts.Just like I have always pointed out,I can't give my EVERYTHING to a bf.If he needs a wife,he shud go and see my parents.Fidelity shudnt be forced down my throat as its my own decision make and not his.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by sylvar02(m): 6:25am On Dec 06, 2013
lynpetra: Nice posts.Just like I have always pointed out,I can't give my EVERYTHING to a bf.If he needs a wife,he shud go and see my parents.Fidelity shudnt be forced down my throat as its my own decision make and not his.

Good girl
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2013
lynpetra: Nice posts.Just like I have always pointed out,I can't give my EVERYTHING to a bf.If he needs a wife,he shud go and see my parents.Fidelity shudnt be forced down my throat as its my own decision make and not his.
Yeeeah, you are the sure babe mehn. You got the point cool
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 06, 2013
If he's going to approach other girls, even in my presence, then why exactly are we together? undecided
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 6:40am On Dec 06, 2013
ogugua88: If he's going to approach other girls, even in my presence, then why exactly are we together? undecided
You are together because you claim/think you love each other, but real LOVE bears and endures ANYTHING.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: You are together because you claim/think you love each other, but real LOVE bears and endures ANYTHING.

Yes, love endures all. That doesn't mean I should push his buttons though. Na wa for una.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 6:51am On Dec 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Yes, love endures all. That doesn't mean I should push his buttons though. Na wa for una.
LOL. I no force anybody o.

You chose to confine yourself to him, that's your choice which I'm very okay with. But what would be your reaction if you see your Mr. Right holding another lady in sensitive areas of her body, laughing and chatting. smiley
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Afam4eva(m): 6:56am On Dec 06, 2013
It's an issue of morallity and not legality as you guys aint married. As much as you're free to date other people, it doesn't say well about your level of commitment. Dating is meant for people to test the waters of romantic relationship before plunging into the river of marriage and you have to show a glimpse of what you'd be in a marriage and dating multiple people does not speak well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Danhumprey: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2013
OP bro,are you saying double dating isn't a big deal?

#just curious. undecided
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by jmoore(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2013
Multiple dating= Confusion

eg " I'm in love with three women and I don't know the one to pick as my wife. Please advice"

Eze Promoe:
So even if you see your girlfriend been banged by five men at a time, that should
just be a minor issue to you. No be her own body? LOL
Yes, it is her body. She can also go ahead with prostitution too or become a p0rn actress. But I must port because she has fallen short of the character I expected from her which is chastity.

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by larride(m): 7:14am On Dec 06, 2013
@OP, I think what you described does happen in an open relationship,, the two party can do anything they want because there's no commitment there. The moment you went into a serious relationship, you are expected to come into it with some form of commitment and responsibility, this is not about africa because it does happen everywhere. An open relationship differ from a serious relationship. If you wanna do all that you mentioned with your partner then let her know its an open relationship with nothing attached to it. You can admire and chase any chick you see out there and she can rides any di.ck she wants with no qualms. cool

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Afam4eva: It's an issue of morallity and not legality as you guys aint married. As much as you're free to date other people, it doesn't say well about your level of commitment. Dating is meant for people to test the waters of romantic relationship before plunging into the river of marriage and you have to show a glimpse of what you'd be in a marriage and dating multiple people does not speak well.
But a marriage is not effective without the love there. Mind you, when I talk of multiple dating, I don't mean multiple sex partners. I just used the illustration of another man/lady havìng sex with your partner to explain what the word LOVE is all about. But all I'm saying is that, should the case be, you see your GF held in sensitive part of her body by another man, or getting jovial with him, it shouldn't be a biggie.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Ok this is absurd! I mean oh yeah! You could be in a relationship with a guy/girl for so long.No cheating! Nothing at all, you trust him/her, you know fully well he loves you, the best part you guys go to a party/club and he/she only wanna dance with you, just you! Nobody else, not even your best friend! And maybe like um he/she gave you a ring/necklace as a commitment for the love you guys both share, oh my! That's the kinda relationship I want now grin not the opposite when the nigga will be like
"Hey bae, um as much as I love dancing with you, I feel like you know we should dance with other people"
Me:Are you crazy? Infact it is over, get out! Bye bye, I don't want to see you near my house, don't call me too grin grin grin grin
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by lordizak(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2013
seriously i am african, and a proud one. and don't ask me not to think like one. what are
we dating for if we can't value and respect each other? jealousy spurns love it is d only way u guide the thing you love.

4 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2013
So because he/she aint married to u means u can double date?it doesn't make sense saying i love u to 5ppl at d same tym..old habit dey say die hard if u cant b loyal to ur partner while dating i doubt if u can be loyal to ur wife/husband
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2013
larride: @OP, I think what you described does happen in an open relationship,, the two party can do anything they want because there's no commitment there. The moment you went into a serious relationship, you are expected to come into it with some form of commitment and responsibility, this is not about africa because it does happen everywhere. An open relationship differ from a serious relationship. If you wanna do all that you mentioned with your partner then let her know its an open relationship with nothing attached to it. You can admire and chase any chick you see out there and she can rides any di.ck she wants with no qualms. cool
No sir. I'm not talking of an open relationship. In such kind of relationship there is no feeling at all.
But in my kind of relationship, the love is very strong and evident, you let her have her own way and vice versa. You aren't under pressure to please your miss.
But the love that tolerates all acts is there.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by larride(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
But a marriage is not effective without the love there. Mind you, when I talk of multiple dating, I don't mean multiple sex partners. I just used the illustration of another man/lady havìng sex with your partner to explain what the word LOVE is all about. But all I'm saying is that, should the case be, you see your GF held in sensitive part of her body by another man, or getting jovial with him, it shouldn't be a biggie.

Do you think sex even illustrate what LOVE is all about, since you can't love two people equally, then its just lust. If you want to be in a relationship that both partners do whatever they want then be in an OPEN relationship and do whatever you want. You can't claim to be in a serious relationship and yet want to explore others adventures, that defeats the importance of a serious relationship which is to know each other better and plans to settle down. A relationship deals with more than just sex.

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Then i don't think you're referring to multiple dating. You're saying that people should not see their lovers as properties because they're not yet married.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by sconp: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2013
ogugua88: Lol kedu?

Dating comes before marriage. If I want someone to consider making me his wife, I will respect him, whether he is around or not. If he is with me, then I will give him my utmost attention and make sure we have the best time in each other's company. If we're apart, I will tell him everything about my dad, even things he doesn't want to hear, because I want him to trust me. A man proposes to a woman because he sees certain qualities in her that he'd love in his wife. "She's responsible... she's respectful... she's driven."

One does not become a husband or wife overnight. Yes, you do your traditional wedding, say your vows, yada yada yada, and you go from boyfriend/girlfriend to Mister and Missus, but do the rings on the fingers, exchanged vows, and formalities make either of them more responsible? No. "Husband" and "wife" are still titles. Maturity, self-control, and mutual respect are some things that make married couples last. They're also some of the things that made them marry in the first place.

Of course, to each his or her own. Some people are in open relationships and that works just fine. Generally, however, people oppose them, be it pre-marriage or while married, and I'm the same way.
nice post. Probably he's just dating for the fun(player) and not for marriage. But when preparing for marriage levels of commitment are needed.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by larride(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
No sir. I'm not talking of an open relationship. In such kind of relationship there is no feeling at all.
But in my kind of relationship, the love is very strong and evident, you let her have her own way and vice versa. You aren't under pressure to please your miss.
But the love that tolerates all acts is there.

I think you still don't understand yourself. There's no way you can love 2 people equally at the same time, with that being said, I guess what you are trying to say is that you wouldn't mind to see say like 3 guys banging your babe, I guess you will just grab a popcorn or join them, so if you are married and the same scenario occurred you won't feel hurt. Why should I be in a relationship then when I can have my way, when I can do whatever I want without putting into consideration my partners feelings? Relationship is all about responsibility, decency, maturity, moral values, respect and love. In a relationship you are expected to bond together into one which in most cases leads into marriage. I'm an African and I respect our culture and values.

1 Like

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by ronalmagic10(m): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Na wa 4 MThiefNen oo. I bought #200 card dis morning , I only opened dis page nd dey r saying I av #30 left. Wich kain tin d be dis na? pls wats d best subscription plan 4 android?

is anyone experiencing dis same ish
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 06, 2013
ronalmagic10: Na wa 4 MThiefNen oo. I bought #200 card dis morning , I only opened dis page nd dey r saying I av #30 left. Wich kain tin d be dis na? pls wats d best subscription plan 4 android?

is anyone experiencing dis same ish
i use Glo Micro or Glo Macro.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by patemy: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2013
@op I think you are very confused about how life works and I believe you are high on something while posting this thread when your eye clears come back and read your post and u would see how unreasonable you sound
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Popowaa: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You are together because you claim/think you love each other, but real LOVE bears and endures ANYTHING.
This is absolute crapangry.Why dont u go around fucking other people even after marriage since love endures all things?Is it not the sane woman u will marry?angryangryHow will u feel knwing u are marrying a lady who has been banged by other guys while u were dating and also expect her to be faithful to you when you marry?angryAnd abeg cut that crap of the biblical nonesense you quoted.Our God is a jealous thtat's why he said we should not worship any other gods apart from himangryangryangry.

2 Likes

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by 190: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: Good morning, distinguished forum pals. My post may tend to defy common (African) sense but how else do we learn from life if there isn't some strings of controversy.
My post today is a partial dissidence of the general notion that a person must be confined to one's partner all in the name of dating, and anyone whose action contradicts this thesis is automatically branded a reminiscent of the devil. Don't get it twisted, married couples are beyond the stage of dating so this piece is not applicable to them.
My emphasis is mostly on the guys, who mostly put a restriction on some nice catch out there just to fulfil all righteousness (if there's any). Please don't see my being realistic as being chauvinistic, neither should you think that I'm a misogynist because I've never seen any man in the world as chivalrous as I am. I have the softest spot for women, and would do nothing to get into their bad book wink But let's talk logic here.
What is wrong in admiring a lady who's hot in front of my girlfriend, I mean like looking into the lady's eye and be like, "hey sweery, look at that babe, she's so hot and she turned me on". Is it also impossible for a lady to see a cute guy in front of her boyfriend, and be like, "hey sweery, see that guy is so cute, let me have a dinner with him." The world would be a better place if things like this are let to be with no hard feelings attached to it.
It's high time we stopped taking this relationship thingy too far like its a marriage obligation. It's only your wife/husband that you are entitled to as a sole partner, hence one would be more concerned of his/her wife/husband privacy than whatever business that goes on in his/her working place. Marital vows had made it so that you are one body.
But same can't be applicable to BFs/GFs . Since you are not my wife and I'm not your husband, the number of ladies I see anytime we aren't together shouldn't be any of your problems, and vice versa. Don't make it a priority that a man (whom you aren't legally married to) should be responsible for your upkeep. Let him do it when he wishes to. Same for the guys. When she denies you a flight ticket to Jerusalem, don't take it to heart against her. Always have it in your mind that she is not your wife, hence you have no authority or say whatever she does with her body.
Some people might be saying in their heart that this guy knows nothing about love but the hard truth is that if you can't still maintain the pitch of the love you have for your partner when for example, you happen to catch him/her on the act of havíng sex with another man/woman then I'm sorry to say that there was no LOVE in the first place but all a facade. Even the bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:4, that love is not jealous, and still went ahead to state in 13:7 that Love bears and endures all things. So if a mere case of he/she doing what she feels is pleasurable to him/her suddenly makes you hate him/her, then there was no LOVE in the first place. So even if you see your girlfriend been banged by five men at a time, that should just be a minor issue to you. No be her own body? LOL.
Left for me, I would offer to have an intimate affair that would involve any form of romance save sex (of which I would make exclusive to my girlfriend if she wishes.
To that unlucky lady, you might have gotten enlightened with this brief post what people who are dating should be like, and how your Mr. Right see things that others may not be seeing.
I CASE MY REST! smiley

Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2013
What are even trying to say?? Don't you know courtship is a reflection of what you will be in marriage ?? undecided

Someone that can't do with just a gf during courtship won't be satisfied with a wife.. #fact
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
don't you think so funny and unserious?? So Because we are in love, we should endure anything? If he cheats on me, I should endure?? If he abuses me physically, I should endure? ?? If he insults my family , I should endure?? If he doesn't regard me, I should endure? ?

Guy, you're just a clown
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by EzePromoe: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2013
larride:

Do you think sex even illustrate what LOVE is all about, since you can't love two people equally, then its just lust. If you want to be in a relationship that both partners do whatever they want then be in an OPEN relationship and do whatever you want. You can't claim to be in a serious relationship and yet want to explore others adventures, that defeats the importance of a serious relationship which is to know each other better and plans to settle down. A relationship deals with more than just sex.
Who is talking sex here? I don't even solicit for a person having numerous sexual partners. Remember in my post, I gave an example of myself, that if presented with this option, I can have as many as 3 aside my girlfriend. And I would be having a flirt with those three while I maintain intimacy with my girlfriend.

larride:

I think you still don't understand yourself. There's no way you can love 2 people equally at the same time, with that being said, I guess what you are trying to say is that you wouldn't mind to see say like 3 guys banging your babe, I guess you will just grab a popcorn or join them, so if you are married and the same scenario occurred you won't feel hurt. Why should I be in a relationship then when I can have my way, when I can do whatever I want without putting into consideration my partners feelings? Relationship is all about responsibility, decency, maturity, moral values, respect and love. In a relationship you are expected to bond together into one which in most cases leads into marriage. I'm an African and I respect our culture and values.
The issue of many men banging your GF is just an illustration of what LOVE in actual sense looks like. It isn't safe to have many sexual partners because it makes you prone to STD. A flirt will do.
If you claim to value African culture, what should you be doing with a girlfriend in the first place. Last time I checked, you don't even take in a lady into your room when your family haven't meet hers.
Re: My View On Multiple Dating by addictiv(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2013
I dont see any wrong in allowing your babe to go on a date with her toasters as long as you are not engaged. But from the moment she agrees to be your wife it brcomes a different ball game. If she wants to go on a date, she is free to do so. In the same vein the guy should be free to take who so ever he wants out on a date without her raising any eyebrows.....but I feel that the partner should be informed that he or she ll be going on a date with someone else before hand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six(6) Things I Take Into Consideration Before Approaching Any Girl / Advice Please! One Last Time With The Ex- Or Not? / It Sucks To Be Me Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.