Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! (74012 Views)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by weebee(f): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2008
I wish them a happy married life. Indeed im happy for papa and mama because it is a goood thing to see your children getting married in your presence. Congrats!

In my own view there is nothing wrong in setting a day aside for papa's son's weeding considering the crowd the wedding will pull. Conducting a mass wedding for him with others would have resulted in many people not even getting near the church area let alone church premises before the end of the service. You dont know the parents of other couples as well, the traffic would have been terrible. So it is a wise decision. Bless you.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by DoubleN(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2008
Marriage is such a wonderful thing!Wishing them the best things in life
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2008
Marriage is such a wonderful thing!Wishing them the best things in life

Then include every married person nt just the pastors son.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2008
Okija_juju:

My dear, He is a "Hero". What do you call someone who robs the poor to buy a Jet, build a useless expensive university and rides in a convoy of about 5 cars? I'll tell you using the definition provided by our Nairalands newest simpleton; "a demigod, the offspring of a mortal and a deity"

Apparently. We have people like Joker whos destiny in life is to lace this man's shoes.

Joker,

It's a pity. I see all you could come up with was to attack superman and co. Well here is some education for you, I used those as a figure of speech to enlighten you on what it takes to become a hero, you save lives, you do something that benefits mankind, you have made outstanding achievments that is worthy of note. All your Papa a.k.a Hero has done to become a hero is psychologically enslaved you, disillusioned you into believing he is a hero, and played on your unintelligence and insecurity to rob and exploit you to become filthy rich. See your ignorance, you so hastily copied and pasted the definition of a hero but in your bid to make superman look bad, you didnt even read that definition to see that your papa does not fit anywhere in that definition. Well who could really blame you, seeing that your idea of a good university education is Convenant University.

I have real heroes, people who have achieved the unachievable, people who have won the Nobel peace prize for excellence, people who have made money from nothing through wise business decisions. So I will explain again to you who real heroes are, Nnamdi Azikiwe (Now thats a hero), Ken Saro-wiwa, maybe even Odimegwu Ojukwu. Well I forgot, the poor always look up to the rich.

If Oyedepo is a hero, then I am GOD unto you. Yep!! I am that rich asshole.

What-your-name-is, This has to be the most stupid post on this forum. For having the simpleness of mind to repeat it, you more than deserve the response Joker has given you. Clearly enough you can't match him.

One man's hero could be another man villain. The people you called heros (not the Sesame Street brainwash) are actually hated in certain quarters. Get a grip. If he is not a hero to you. Good for you. Do not vilify him using those thought processes. It makes you appear an ignoramus.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by cassidy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
@weebee

D only reason any wedding will pull crowd (usin ur lang) would be one dat was highly publicised. Everyone is free to have their wedding as it so please them but as a man of god i believe thing shld be done in moderation so dat ur followers dont feel oppressed.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Seun

What do you mean 'why'? I'd say why not
What do you mean he cant outshine his father, no matter what?
The young man does not have to outshine his father. All he has to do is shine HIS OWN LIGHT! It could be 'green' instead of his father's 'blue'. Once again, if you do not like the idea of a father naming his son after himself, good and fine. Thats just your feeling. People do for different reasons, love, spiritual, continuity (lineage, personality, character and, of course, business) or just for the fun of it
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2008
cassidy:

@weebee

D only reason any wedding will pull crowd (usin your lang) would be one that was highly publicised. Everyone is free to have their wedding as it so please them but as a man of god i believe thing shld be done in moderation so that your followers don't feel oppressed.

Omo, no deceive yourself jo.

The funny thing is that more than 90% of the resources that would go into marriages like these will not come from the minister. Many times they struggle to contribute for strong spiritual reasons. There are people who would offer to carry the WHOLE expenses. When you have 10 pple offering to take care of the whole thing, the minister has the problem of managing the relationship so one doesn't feel he preferred the other over him or he refused his offer.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by cassidy(f): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ minimynimo

and ur point is
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
One man's hero could be another man villain.

Exactly, pls everyone should keep their so called pastor heroes at home and keep the hero tales of some pastor for their children, tell ur children about your Oyedepo jr , they will need to know more bout the man that will continue fleecing them from where his dad stopped fleecing their gullible parents.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by 9ja4eva: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2008
cassidy:

well said, why shld a church that is known to have monthly mass wedding now choose a day for the bishop's son. i thot we all are equal in the sight if God. remember when his father died (oyedepo's dad) it was annouced and celebrated in church meanwhile this is the same church that says they don't annouce the obituary of their members because dey only celebrate the living.

what does it all say that the bishop people are more special than d people that enrich them (followers) because lets face without the church offering d bishop will be no where.

abeg lets lot all not lose focus religion is between u and God, and not the measurement of your wealth

Reality.

Make people shine eye oh.Make people watch as the drama unfolds.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2008
cassidy:

@ minimynimo

and your point is

My point is, Cassidy, that why would anyone feel that they are being oppressed in the church. It is usually outsiders that feel that the pastor or whoever is being oppressive.

The other point is that when some people have taken on themselves to carry the whole thing why fool yourself.

Another point is that as per moderation, he might as well eat once a day, wear tattered clothes and 'benjy' shoes, drive no car, just so he won't oppress members. (The same members who want to be proud to introduce him as their pastor). After all he is suppose to be moderate in all things. That is self-deception and hypocrisy
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by weebee(f): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Cassidy

cassidy:

@weebee

D only reason any wedding will pull crowd (usin your lang) would be one that was highly publicised. Everyone is free to have their wedding as it so please them but as a man of god i believe thing shld be done in moderation so that your followers don't feel oppressed.

Baby I simply marvel at your ignorance. So you feel it is only a weeding that is highly publicised that would pull such a crowd? How wrong you are! Just pray that God will use you as a vessel that will touch and affect people's lives positively then you will know that you dont have to advertise in the dailies for people to know you want to celebrate, five people is enough to carry the news round the world. Even if you dont want an elaborate one, those you have made impact in their lives will want to be part of your happy mioment even when they are not invited. So forget moderation in this context because you cant drive your well wishers away can you? And as for the followers feeling oppresed i strongly disagree with you except of course a follower who feels he can never be greater than his leader. Have a blessed day cool
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by weebee(f): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2008
minimynimo:

Another point is that as per moderation, he might as well eat once a day, wear tattered clothes and 'benjy' shoes, drive no car, just so he won't oppress members. (The same members who want to be proud to introduce him as their pastor). After all he is suppose to be moderate in all things. That is self-deception and hypocrisy

A bi o, in the name of moderation.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by Gettolove(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
I am also happy as a member of the Oyedepo family, bless u all
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by tijehi(f): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
is it true that it was late Bimbo Odukoyas daughter David Oyedepo's son married?
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by sleekymag(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2008
Here's wishing David Oluwamakinde Oyedepo Jnr and his hearthrob, Kemi Olude a blissful married life.

It's only natural for some people to be green with envy at the continued and expansive success of his father (Bishop David Oyedepo). Papa has indeed touched lives positively and is still doing so, he has raised his children in the right way and children of many others. He is a mentor in every sense of the word. True, he's not new to criticism, even when he started his ministry with five members in a one room apartment, he had people criticising him 4 his prosperity doctrine. When he was earning 300 naira a month in the 80s in the ministry, he knew what he had inside of him and where he was going in life. Funny enough, he never comments on whatever ill people says about him. You can't have a truly successful person who doesn't have people that speak ill against him/her.

Well, i can only work hard and pray that my children enjoy the kind of wedding ceremony David Jnr enjoyed (it doesnt have to be loud, it cld be grand yet simple). His father of course, never enjoyed such but worked hard to make sure his children what he didnt. What can you say of a man that has written over fifty books, works 18hours every day, has a can-do attitude, passionate about Africa and its ability to fulfill its potential? If only we had a thousand oyedepos making marks and blessing lives in their different fields, Nigeria would be a force to be reckoned with globally. That dream is still alive though, there are many unknown names today that would be trailblazers in their respective fields tomorrow. Wacth out!
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by sleekymag(m): 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2008
is it true that it was late Bimbo Odukoyas daughter David Oyedepo's son married?

Nope it's not her daughter.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
lmao
wishing the new couple a blissful marriage
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by yemivictor: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
Shouldn't this be on the general discussion board!? undecided
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2008
It's only natural for some people to be green with envy at the continued and expansive success of his father (Bishop David Oyedepo).

WRONG SIR, a religious cleric can only be successful when evil has finally been defeated and not by material possesions he sweet talked from his blind members,
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
idupaul:

WRONG SIR, a religious cleric can only be successful when evil has finally been defeated and not by material possesions he sweet talked from his blind members,

Am just going to ask you the same question God asked Job when he was talking rot, just like you are doing

Job 38:2 (GNB, BBE)
Who is this who makes the purpose of God dark by words without knowledge [ignorant, empty words]?
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by sleekymag(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2008
The success i mean is in terms of his ministry and his life, his impact in people's lives.

Nothing like sweet-talking here my brother, if that were the case, his 27yr ministry (since May 1981) would have had rough times, but nay, instead it has always been better and better, year in, year out. The path of the just is as a shining light that shines more and more unto the perfect day. (Prov 4: 18).

In the Winner's family, there has never been a better last year (hard to believe, but it's the truth). So people going green with envy is understandable. God's children are the light of the world, the salt of the earth. We shouldn't allow ourselves to wallow in self-pity or mediocrity. The days of "as poor as a church rat" are over! Christians are taking over the business world.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
Christians are taking over the business world.

Exactly , then call him a christian business mogul and not pastor, if u do dat i agree he is a successful franchise mogul.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by rubi(f): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
idupaul:

Exactly , then call him a christian business mogul and not pastor, if u do that i agree he is a successful franchise mogul.

Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2008
Before I waste my words, Idupaul, are you a Christian?

By the way, you are entitled to your ignorance
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2008
Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm

exactly, your annointed , not mine,

Before I waste my words, Idupaul, are you a Christian?

Yes i am, I practice christianism and not hooliganism like some of u.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by sleekymag(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
He doesn't run businesses, when i say christians taking over, i mean christians like you and i. Different people are called into ministry with specific areas as their main calling.
Bishop David Oyedepo has the faith ministry with an anchor on preaching the prosperity message, and thousands have been blessed through the mandate. Africa is known to be blessed with abundant natural and human resources, yet its people live in squalor. God's wish for us his children is that we prosper, and how can you be taught to prosper by those who lack proofs in their lives? That is not to say its all about wealth, No, its about doing it the right way. It's about living a dignified life which Christ has enabled us enjoy. It's about holiness, about living a righteous life, pleasing God in all you do.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by rubi(f): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
idupaul:

exactly, your annointed , not mine,

God's annointed it is written in the bible I did not write

Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by rubi(f): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
@idupaul It is in Gods bible
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by idupaul: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2008
God's annointed it is written in the bible I did not write

u are in no position to determine Gods annointed, we are all annointed. , dont worry when i see annointed I know, its not by having pastor prefix
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by minimynimo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2008
Rubi, contain yourself dear. You know what your words are worth. Do not waste them.
Re: Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! by 9ja4eva: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2008
Wow Nigerians need to open their eyez oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja (Pictures) / Canaanland Ota In Pictures / Running Out Of Gist With Your Partner? Read Topics That Can Spark up Conversatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.