Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (22438 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Coefficient(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
I want Ross Barkley!

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Deiok(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Caseless: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Theben: Uncapped players i would love Keshi to call up are

Kenny Otigba (Heerenveen, Netherlands)
Imoh Ezekiel (Standard Liege, Belgium)
Ramon Azeez (Aimeria, Spain)
Abdul Ajagun (Panatinaikos, Greece)

Onuoha can go to hell.
coolthank u for this! i dont knw why troy/op is bent on seeing him back in super eagle. onuoha that turned our invitations down on several occasion should be invited again. even if he's better than messi, he [size=20pt]can go and die[/size]
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by HoodKing: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
oladoya: my question remains where are these players: Obafemi matins, Odewinghe, nsofor, okonkwo, taiye taiwo and so on. I believe okocha was still playing for this country till he retired. To me all we need is experience and not just ability. I have spoken.

You have not just spoken, but you have spoken a bit wrongly bro. Right now what we are seeking for in dis Squard is Players presently in competitive form to match some of the World class players other countries will be fielding at the Mundial in Brazil come JUNE 2014 , although some pple u mentioned here are doin well but not all of them possess the pedigree to make that Team next year. Even our Head Coach Steven Keshi made it clear to the recent squard after the match against Italy that not all of them there will make the trip to Brazil.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Caseless: 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hood King:

I will simply want Thiago Ilori and Nedum Onuoha to be Given some chances to showcase their recent outstanding form cos our Defence linE in that team seriously needs re-inforcement
forget onuoha! he has an unadulterated love for the english national team...wat do we need such player for?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by darediamond(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: A lot of people say Ilori is too young to play at the World Cup, same thing they say about Iheanacho, it's all BS to me though. If someone is good, he's good. Neymar has 46 caps for Brazil and he's just 21
Ha Bros, Ori e duro dede meen!
Na sense you talk up there BIG time!
Just hope Keshi reads your thougt on here.
One of the BEST ever.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
oladoya: my question remains where are these players: Obafemi matins, Odewinghe, nsofor, okonkwo, taiye taiwo and so on. I believe okocha was still playing for this country till he retired. To me all we need is experience and not just ability. I have spoken.

We don't need players that would cause rancor in the team. United we stand, divided we fall

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Uncapped players that should be handed call-ups :-
Kenny Otigba(SC Heerenveen)
Sammy Ameobi(Newcastle)
Imoh Ezekiel(Standard liege)
John Chibuike(Rosenburg)
Micheal Olaitan(Olympiakos)
Ramon Azeez(Almeria)

Capped/Out of favour players that should be re-called
.Just three :-

Ikechukwu Uche
Sone Aluko And
Lukman Haruna(reluctantly)

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva: The only person i could pick from all those you listed is Nedum Onuoha and that is just because we're having a big problem at the backline. We really don't have much of a problem in the midfield and especially in the frontline as we have a myriad of strikers to choose from. I've never see Sone Aluko play and can't speak on his capability.

In the World Cup, quality is not all that counts. Playing with passion is also needed

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Ceorhemz(m): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
You guys should know that, that a guy is doing well for his club side doesnt guarantee him a call up into the national team. Its more than the form and ability, factors like team unity, togethernes, determination and passion should also be considered

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Abbey2sam(m): 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
bizibrain: A cogent addition 2 ur list of uncaped Nigerian players is David alaba.Super eagle defends dept needs 2 b strenghten wit experienced world class defenders which will serve as an additional cutting edge..

Am quite sure david alaba of bayern munich will find it easier 2 bench any africa defenders dan 2 make a complete back pass.

He was of recent listed among award nominees comprising top world class european defenders.

I imagine a fantastic counter attack evolving frm a tackle frm david alaba resulting in an accurate speed pass 2 DMF ogu making a pass 2 end to end work horse ONAZI and a dribble pass 2 roged maestro playermaker MIKEL with MIKEL producing his usual excellent through ball over d top 2 flair out and out frontman EMENIKE. That will b a fantastic COUNTER ATTACK goal.

Seems you had everything figured out
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by kstyle2(m): 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
naija noni: Uncapped players that should be handed call-ups :-
Sammy Ameobi(Newcastle)
John Chibuike(Rosenburg)
Ramon Azeez(Almeria)

Ikechukwu Uche
Sone Aluko And
...absolutely spot on...and we Hav 2 get rid of oduamadi(bench. Warmer in relegation threatend team) mba(clubless),okwosa(2nd division in south african league),nwafor(not played a single game since joining heereveen),

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by greatwaters: 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Keshi should call Yerima-Fc childAbuse. This guy can attack. He always scores early goals, especially in the 17th and 15th minutes.

6 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
The whole former Governor & serving senator of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by yoged(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
troy20:
well once a player has been capped by a senior national team of a country, he cant change nationality.ameobi never played for england and am sure if agbanlahor hadnt played for england aswell(even if he never stepped on the pitch) he would've wanted to play for us now.am sure he regrets his decision now cause he rejected our invitation long ago.
i doff my hat for you. I love the way you answer the guy question. Some will have yab him. You really display maturity.. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Also,watch out for christantus macaulay.Many think he is finished,but he is not.He can still be a star and break into d S.E sooner or later.
He is currently one of the best strikers in d Spanish 2nd division(Liga adelante).The guy dey score like water for there.He has scored 7 goals in 13 appearances this season.His club
Las Palmas narrowly missed out on promotion to d la liga last season by goal difference.They are doing well this season,and who knows they may gain promotion to d la liga next season.Playing regularly and scoring in d la liga would automatically make him a candidate for d eagles.
IMO even now that he plays in d Liga adelante is enough to be considered for a call-up.
Abi Oduamadi,a bench-warmer for a buttom table team in d SERIE-B is a regular for d eagles.
Christantus plays regularly in d Liga adelante for a top team there.And he is scoring goals.
Liga adelante is a better league than d SERIE B.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by checkdate(m): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
smoothe75(m), devigblegble, bisikeys, mukina2

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by ShyDare(m): 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Y kant d Nff poach players 4rm oda countries sef. France &tunisia have done dis and they won trophies. Dia r 2 players I dnt wnt 2C again in ma life in super eagles; numba 1 is ideye (vry average player), 2nd is osaze (he's a trouble maker though he has bin super 4us in d past)
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by yoged(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
naija noni: Uncapped players that should be handed call-ups :-
Sammy Ameobi(Newcastle)
John Chibuike(Rosenburg)
Ramon Azeez(Almeria)

Ikechukwu Uche
Sone Aluko And
. We need experience and good player expecially those playing in a tough league. All those Nigeria playing in scandanvian countries are wash joooooo. They'll flop at big stage like babatunde, ujah did at the confederation cup.This isn't even the right time to experiment. We just need 2 or 3 more players. Get rid of that oduamadi and ideye. Both of them are just liability. Mba hasn't be spectacular as well. I will have prefer haruna lukman, but he's too arrogant, always collecting unneccesary cards and this can cost us alot. This guy playing in standard liege should be given a chance, ( imoh ezekiel)... We need a good Right back thats very solid in defending and a good midfielder to join the likes of mikel, onazi and ogu... I think am okay with our strikers for now. Please don't even mention martins, osaze and co. Even if they sign for Barca they won't go to the world cup.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
yoged: . We need experience and good player expecially those playing in a tough league. All those Nigeria playing in scandanvian countries are wash joooooo.
There is only one player that plays in d scandanavian league there(John Chibuike).And from what i've heard he'll be leaving norway soon,a lot of clubs are chasing him.
Those players are players that i've followed and still follow every week
I didnt mean all should be capped at d same time or before world cup or be taken to d world cup.
Some of those i listed should be capped after d world cup becos some aren't really needed now.
These are young talented players with huge potentials.Capping them quickly in friendly matches would only secure them 4 nigeria and prevent other countries from grabbing them(Just like d alaba case).

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
k.style:
...absolutely spot on...and we Hav 2 get rid of oduamadi(bench. Warmer in relegation threatend team) mba(clubless),okwosa(2nd division in south african league),nwafor(not played a single game since joining heereveen),
Sunday Mba plays for CA Bastia in France.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Theben(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
Sunday Mba plays for CA Bastia in France.
Nah! He plays for Enugu Rangers. His move to Bastia fell through.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by iGeneral: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gbolahan Salami of 3SC of Ibadan. Emenike is becoming arrogant. He is already saying he will perform wonders in Brazil even when he hasn't made the team. Gbolahan Salami is a far better strike.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by AORDMAYOR(m): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
The Coach has the final say. We all propose but the coach dispose. LOBATON.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by ajoskele(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
I don't want to see Haruna Lukman in my green-white-green jersey again!!
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
i-General:
Gbolahan Salami of 3SC of Ibadan. Emenike is becoming arrogant. He is already saying he will perform wonders in Brazil even when he hasn't made the team. Gbolahan Salami is a far better strike.
Una don start.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Azzin eh, how does being self-confident translate to arrogance? And FYI, Emenike is already in Brazil, he no dey drag shirt with anybody.
Afam4eva:
Una don start.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by victorlexa(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
yoged: . We need experience and good player expecially those playing in a tough league. All those Nigeria playing in scandanvian countries are wash joooooo. They'll flop at big stage like babatunde, ujah did at the confederation cup.This isn't even the right time to experiment. We just need 2 or 3 more players. Get rid of that oduamadi and ideye. Both of them are just liability. Mba hasn't be spectacular as well. I will have prefer haruna lukman, but he's too arrogant, always collecting unneccesary cards and this can cost us alot. This guy playing in standard liege should be given a chance, ( imoh ezekiel)... We need a good Right back thats very solid in defending and a good midfielder to join the likes of mikel, onazi and ogu... I think am okay with our strikers for now. Please don't even mention martins, osaze and co. Even if they sign for Barca they won't go to the world cup.
9ce 1 bro.osaze has scored 1 goal in 12 games,nd dey go call am form
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
bizibrain: We do av an exceptional player in SE suad
Mikel is an exceptional potential world class player. Is slow development,slugish play and goal scoring drought is d main cutting egde of yaya toure over him.

I run tru is profile on wikepedia, I was impressed wit his club performances, individual awards nd joint collective awards 4 both country and club.

He was once a 2 tyms chelsea young player of d year.

I believe his goal scoring barreness droped him 2 d DMF role behind lampard who score more goals wit excellent goal scoring skill.

His complete driving skill btw 3 spainish player, ball holding ability during afcon and tough tackling ar wonderful performance which is ever green in my memory

He even prove his worth as a playermaker/attacking mid-fielder by scoring a goal against uruguay

Though Mikel is my favourite super eagle player but I tink am nt biased by rating him potential best mid-fielder in d world..
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by yoged(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
i-General:
what is this one saying? So, for saying he'll perform wonders in Brazil means he's arrogant abi. Do u want him to be saying he'll be the flop of the tournament coz i dont really understand you. And pls we don't need Gbolahan salami. That boy isn't meant for the Super Eagles. He's trouble.. If he wasn't invited to the confederation cup, then he cant make the world cup team. He's hot tempered.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Sirtondy: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ideye should be dropped,shola ameobi has a goal drought at the moment,but he is still far better than ideye,
Aluko will surely earn a call up as long as he's fit
And of course iheanacho should be introduced to the midfield to inject more impetus,although keshi also said he's been in an impressing form during CHAN training.
I'm optimistic that he will earn a call up
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wish we could convince Tiago Ilori to play for Nigeria. Liverpool signed a gem there. He has already captained the Portuguese U20 side and Portugal has already marked him for their future.

He was amazing last season for Sporting Lisbon.

I believe a world cup opportunity might sway Tiago Ilori to play for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / 'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final / Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.