Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (22439 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Ezemust: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Azzin eh, how does being self-confident translate to arrogance? And FYI, Emenike is already in Brazil, he no dey drag shirt with anybody.
wow.i love dem ladies sportý

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Ajpharm(m): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Azzin eh, how does being self-confident translate to arrogance? And FYI, Emenike is already in Brazil, he no dey drag shirt with anybody.
Already in Brazil? I don't think so. what if he gets injured? we have to check for other options. Remember what happened in confed, one injury and the whole striking department was crippled
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by RealAlfranco: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
After seeing Onuoha,dis guy Gabby Agbonlahor crossed my mind.. I remember 9ja was begging him like he was one Maradona,dis guy refused.. Then England called him up,gave him like 3 subsitute appearance and kicked him out of da picture! Onuoha wanted 2 do da same shyt,bt he was neva called up by England,Ameobi was jst plain lucky...
My point is anybody who doesn't want 2 play for us e.g Gabriel Agbonlahor,Dennis Aogo, Sidney Sam et al shud go and die!!! God Pass Dem!!!

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Ajpharm(m): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
We need to invite more strikers, We only have one good striker at the moment and that is very risky. June next year is still a little bit far. So many things can happen. And pls no Ideye in our team.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
troy20: Tiago Ilori: DEFENDER.Signed by liverpool for £7million last summer from sporting lisbon where he spent his formative years with the youth team.He was born in london to a portuguese mother and a nigerian father.He is yet to get some quality game time in liverpool where SAkHO and TOURE are yet ahead of him but so is OMERUO at chelsea.An unbled youngster for £7million has to be that good for a defender.

I know youtube can make anyone look good, but he looks decent in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEfidmtbqIc

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Mtoluwase(m): 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
AOR D MAYOR: The Coach has the final say. We all propose but the coach dispose. LOBATON.
Ajpharm: We need to invite more strikers, We only have one good striker at the moment and that is very risky. June next year is still a little bit far. So many things can happen. And pls no Ideye in our team.
like d u-17 guys promise out and tawio on fire thou it took a littl tym to create understanding btw himself and iheanacho beside no department is to big for competition use spain brazil and argetina for example.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Ajpharm(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mtoluwase:
like d u-17 guys promise out and tawio on fire thou it took a littl tym to create understanding btw himself and iheanacho beside no department is to big for competition use spain brazil and argetina for example.
Abi na One person gets injured and an equally good person replaces him. Those under 17 men had replacement for every department.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
1, BTW we need young and FAST fullbacks on the left and right. Yhis should be our priority. That Kwambe guys is one hot mess !
2, Any of these players yes they have been capped in the past but we can do with them: Ike Uche,Raheem Lawal, Haruna Lukman,Osaze,Aluko.

For the full backs maybe we can use the U17 captain as a back up for Ambrose, if stage fright doesn't kill him.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
AncientJerk: Onuoha and aluko are the two i would take from this list but Onuoha snubbed Nigeria in the past so i'm not so keen on seeing him play for us.

you cans till switch national teams if you were capped in a friendly or non-fifa approved official match
you are right on the non fifa aproved matches.i think onuoha's decision can be excused for his immaturity then.same goes for most them in there early 20's who rejected our invitations.its not easy to make such kind of decisions so early in there careers at such age believe me .And we would benefit if we just let our pride out of it.its the world cup afterall.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Benjamin Francis was super against Italy and Kwambe was making his debut against one of the best teams in the World. I say we keep two of them and give them time to grow there.
phreakabit: 1, BTW we need young and FAST fullbacks on the left and right. Yhis should be our priority. That Kwambe guys is one hot mess !
2, Any of these players yes they have been capped in the past but we can do with them: Ike Uche,Raheem Lawal, Haruna Lukman,Osaze,Aluko.

For the full backs maybe we can use the U17 captain as a back up for Ambrose, if stage fright doesn't kill him.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Theben(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Benjamin Francis was super against Italy and Kwambe was making his debut against one of the best teams in the World. I say we keep two of them and give them time to grow there.
Bros, he wasn't super. His performance was below average. His only high point is his attacking instinct.

If he could struggle against Cerci of Italy, how then do you expect him to fare against players like Di Maria, Messi, Aguero or Higuain. He's not a good player shikena.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Benjamin Francis was super against Italy and Kwambe was making his debut against one of the best teams in the World. I say we keep two of them and give them time to grow there.

Kwambe had played in the qualifier and even in the Chan qualifiers. He is way to slow and STIFF to be a wing back, maybe a center back but definitely not a wing back. Lacks speed, technicality and agility, has the size but no aggression (a la Ivanovic), what does he bring to the table then?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Actually, Benjamin Francis waz super. His defending gave the Italians problem in the first half. Cerci was brought in to use his left foot to cut in and shoot because going down the flanks was difficult.

Remember Benjamin Francis overlapping and tracking back was flawless. Finally, his cross to Shola was memorable.

I haven't been able to watch any Chan qualifier.and that was my first time seeing Kwambe and he wasn't too bad.

By the way, is it our U17 boys you feel won't find Di Maria and Aguero difficult?
Theben:
Bros, he wasn't super. His performance was below average. His online high point is hid attacking instinct.

If he could struggle against Cerci of Italy, how then do you expect him to fare against players like Di Maria, Messi, Aguero or Higuain. He's not a good player shikena.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by agho22(m): 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Where is terna suswam One of the best right backs we would have had!!!

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Theben:
Bros, he wasn't super. His performance was below average. His online high point is hid attacking instinct.

I think Francis was decent in dat italy game,remember these guys were playing against a top foreign team for d 1st time,it won't be rosy for them becos they were/are inexperienced and lacked/lack exposure. We would be able to judge better 4rm More top friendlies.IMO Francis would be a decent back-up for elderson.
But kwambe was piss poor.The most important area that needs work is the right back.Becos both the 1st choice(Ambrose) and 2nd choice (Quambe) are unconvincing
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Actually, Benjamin Francis waz super. His defending gave the Italians problem in the first half. Cerci was brought in to use his left foot to cut in and shoot because going down the flanks was difficult.

Remember Benjamin Francis overlapping and tracking back was flawless. Finally, his cross to Shola was memorable.

I haven't been able to watch any Chan qualifier.and that was my first time seeing Kwambe and he wasn't too bad.

By the way, is it our U17 boys you feel won't find Di Maria and Aguero difficult?

Atleast he can run! and does so like a crazed zombie for minutes spanning hours if necessary. I will ask that you rewatch the Italian game agani, devoid of all the tension and adrenalin rush of when it was being played live. Notice how all goals come from Kwambe's wing, and then you' understand.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
I said Francis performed well and said I believe Kwambe was weak due to his first time playing in such level. I do not need to watch it. I know the Italians noticed Kwambe as the weak link. Most Purpose long balls were aimed at the hole created when Kwambe overlap.

I don't think the U17 boy will do better there against the likes of Lavezzi and Neymar.
phreakabit:

Atleast he can run! and does so like a crazed zombie for minutes spanning hours if necessary. I will ask that you rewatch the Italian game agani, devoid of all the tension and adrenalin rush of when it was being played live. Notice how all goals come from Kwambe's wing, and then you' understand.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
naija noni:
There is only one player that plays in d scandanavian league there(John Chibuike).And from what i've heard he'll be leaving norway soon,a lot of clubs are chasing him.
Those players are players that i've followed and still follow every week
I didnt mean all should be capped at d same time or before world cup or be taken to d world cup.
Some of those i listed should be capped after d world cup becos some aren't really needed now.
These are young talented players with huge potentials.Capping them quickly in friendly matches would only secure them 4 nigeria and prevent other countries from grabbing them(Just like d alaba case).

you are right.i read imoh ezekiel is begining to get attention outside of standard liege in belgium.He has a run of 7 goals in 19 matches this season so far(not a bad return i think).And its also been muted that belgium are looking to snap him up.it will be good to cap him up immedietly thats what england do even if you never get to wear the shirt again.people dont know how close we were to losing moses.Roy hogdsen was queried and articles were written by English press on how they let moses go.

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yes, Keshi should call up Thiago so that he can fill our half-caste/mixed race quota. Perhaps once we get a young, fresh, cute mulatto, people will stop bytchin' bout Osaze

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
naija noni:
I think Francis was decent in dat italy game,remember these guys were playing against a top foreign team for d 1st time,it won't be rosy for them becos they were/are inexperienced and lacked/lack exposure. We would be able to judge better 4rm More top friendlies.IMO Francis would be a decent back-up for elderson.
But kwambe was piss poor.The most important area that needs work is the right back.Becos both the 1st choice(Ambrose) and 2nd choice (Quambe) are unconvincing
Ambrose is real shyte! neymer scored his hatrick off him in the champions league which is a normal thing expected of him(Ambrose).imagine expecting your right back to always be shyte!
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by GentleFrank(m): 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good !
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by COvo(m): 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
bizibrain: wao, am unaware of dat.

Good 4 agbonlahor,he wil bite is finger wen Nigeria make it up 2 semi-final and his national beloved country (england) is sent home in group stage.

I love victor moses, he saw it coming and switch Nationality b4 its 2 late. Am sure victor moses wont make d bench of England squad nw 2 talk of playing 4 england senior team.
You are not current @ all.Guess u're one of those that just watch football without knowing anything about the sport.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Five stars comment. LOL.
safarigirl: Yes, Keshi should call up Thiago so that he can fill our half-caste/mixed race quota. Perhaps once we get a young, fresh, cute mulatto, people will stop bytchin' bout Osaze
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Diasporan(m): 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
That Thiago Illori people are just yearning for is not too different from the Under 17 Captain.He is not really a solid Defender.We should forget the guys 'Oyiboness' grin.Nigerians and their love for 'Mulatos'.Osaze and George Abbey comes to mind.He is not better than most of our home based players.He was just opportuned to be at the right club at the right time.Who says luck don't exist in football?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 12:08am On Dec 19, 2013
He may not be better than Musa or Idowu, but as it stands he's older than them(turning 21 in February), established and in a good enough club, hence, he'll be considered ahead of them, even if based on nothing else, his age....oh, and we need to fill up the mulato quota
Diasporan: That Thiago Illori people are just yearning for is not too different from the Under 17 Captain.He is not really a solid Defender.We should forget the guys 'Oyiboness' grin.Nigerians and their love for 'Mulatos'.Osaze and George Abbey comes to mind.He is not better than most of our home based players.He was just opportuned to be at the right club at the right time.Who says luck don't exist in football?

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Thiago Ilori isn't an ordinary talent. He was a young defender who waz brought from the reserves of Sporting Lisbon because of good performance and became a star performer for Sporting. He is tipped to be one of the best defenders in the world. That is why Liverpool didn't waste any time snapping him.

Our U17 have not yet reached professional reserve level.
Diasporan: That Thiago Illori people are just yearning for is not too different from the Under 17 Captain.He is not really a solid Defender.We should forget the guys 'Oyiboness' grin.Nigerians and their love for 'Mulatos'.Osaze and George Abbey comes to mind.He is not better than most of our home based players.He was just opportuned to be at the right club at the right time.Who says luck don't exist in football?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by COOLDUN: 12:22am On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: A lot of people say Ilori is too young to play at the World Cup, same thing they say about Iheanacho, it's all BS to me though. If someone is good, he's good. Neymar has 46 caps for Brazil and he's just 21

Don't mind them the great Edison Arantes do Nascimento, a.k.a Pele was born on 23 October 1940 played for the Brazil national team in the world cup in Sweden in june 1958 at the age of 17, which i know that Kelechi Ihenacho is now or nearly to, he can also do better in the world cup where he will play with his seniors with less burden on his shoulders. Abedi Ayew Pele of Ghana played for the Ghana Black Stars at the age of 16/17 , but in Nigeria we know more than knowledge itself. Thank you my dear.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by jpphilips(m): 12:48am On Dec 19, 2013
phreakabit: 1, BTW we need young and FAST fullbacks on the left and right. Yhis should be our priority. That Kwambe guys is one hot mess !

Efe ambrose is just terrible now, watching his performance in their last champion's league game gave me chills,
I fear his performance in this world cup.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by yinkeys(m): 1:09am On Dec 19, 2013
Abeg wats d name of the American based player that scored Nigeria's goal against Catalonia. We need him cuz I really can't put my money on any super eagles striker except EMENIKE
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Robertbh(m): 1:40am On Dec 19, 2013
yinkeys: Abeg wats d name of the American based player that scored Nigeria's goal against Catalonia. We need him cuz I really can't put my money on any super eagles striker except EMENIKE
bright dike. He also scored against italy last month

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Harkynkunle(m): 2:38am On Dec 19, 2013
i-General:
Gbolahan Salami of 3SC of Ibadan. Emenike is becoming arrogant. He is already saying he will perform wonders in Brazil even when he hasn't made the team. Gbolahan Salami is a far better strike.
Wot'z dis 1 saying...?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 6:04am On Dec 19, 2013

When you mention the name of under-performing players brought into the team simply for their presumed technicality based on their skin colour don't ever mention Osaze. That guy merited his call up and prove himself on countless occasions. Some of you here on Nairaland just argue baselessly. Reason I don't try to drive my point across anymore. I beckon on you to please mention one SE invitee that had a better debut than Osaze.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final / How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.