Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (22456 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2013
omar22: I would have said Nedem Onuoha but the way he and Carlton Cole turned Nigeria down made me feel these guys are going to loose out internationally. Actually Rio Ferdinand told to Cole to turn Naija down. Look at both of them now Agbolahor and Cole. Ugo Ehiogu could have gone to 2 or 3 world cups With Nigeria but England used him in a friendly because Adam and Keown were injured and quashed his international career. England quickly gave Wilfred Zaha a cap just to prevent him playing for Ivory Coast, Didier Drogba warned him, England gave Raheem Sterling a cap just to prevent him playing for Jamaica, Roberto Martinez did warn England that they are going to loose Victor Moses to Nigeria
just couldnt imagine how a 3 lion jersey would improve your sense of self worth.the jerseys over the years are always overhyped more than any country's by there noisy press and they are the crapiest team to watch.maybe there is something more in it for them(traitors).the English national team is not looking to win anything a decade from now.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2013
omar22:

Who is going to force a loan?
He won't force a loan.But as it seems,he is definately going on loan in january.He even gave a hint on twitter last week.He tweeted:-"My season oficially starts in january".
A lot of championship clubs have requested for a loan deal for him,also swansea.
A loan deal to a championship club would be great !!.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2013
naija noni:
He won't force a loan.But as it seems,he is definately going on loan in january.He even gave a hint on twitter last week.He tweeted:-"My season oficially starts in january".
A lot of championship clubs have requested for a loan deal for him,also swansea.
A loan deal to a championship club would be great !!.

The problem is that Liverpool have paid a loan fee for a season long loan to Chelsea, the only way Victor Moses will leave Anfield is if Moses gets injured and they send him back to Chelsea for treatment. Liverpool cannot loan Moses out to another club because Moses is not their player.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 10:22am On Dec 20, 2013
mikeansy:

Experience counts in world cup

Joseph Yobo is a great Central Defender, Omeruo too is a great central defender but sometimes our backline lacks leadership. Yobo can provide the co-ordination and leadership we need.

Also considering that Omeruo's immediate future at Chelsea is bleak, we need Yobo back in the squad at least. In case Omeruo is not match fit at the world cup

Its up to Keshi to decide who he thinks should start matches, Keshi himself was once a Central Defender and I trust his judgement

Oga stop yarning cocks.Even an inactive omeruo is 10 times better than Yobo.
Since omeruo started playing for nigeria,our central defence has been solid when he patners with oboabona.All the games omeruo and oboabona has patnered in central defence,nigeria hardly conceed from d middle.
So why d hell do u need yobo ?.
All dese leadership and experience bulllshit is just a mumu excuse.

Anytime yobo plays,our defence is always shaky.He makes foolish mistakes and misplaces passes that a player of his experience shouldn't.
But tell me honestly,have omeruo ever had a bad game since he started playing for nigeria this year ??.Hell no !.
So why should he be re-placed with a defender that frequently make foolish/costly mistakes and a big calamity all in d name of leadership and experience ??.
Quality is what matters most.Experience only comes 2nd.
It's better to have great quality with little experience,than to have experience with little quality.
Omeruo even plays like he is more experienced than Yobo.Some of u judge players by age,instead of how well they perform.Thats wrong.
Omeruo over Yobo any day even if yobo plays for barca and omeruo is clubless.
And talking about "immediate future".Omeruo would be going on loan to a championship club in january.I heard he is almost close to joining a championship club on loan.He even gave a hint on twitter.So his future would be solved by january.
But tell me,when last did yobo play for fenerbahce in their league ??.I'm sure u dont even follow fenerbahce.I follow fenerbahce and d turkish league.Yobo last kicked a ball in d turkish league in early september.
He was injured but he returned from injury since about close to two months ago.Since then he has lost his place in d fenerbahce 1st team.He is currently a severe bench-warmer at fenerbahce.
Omeruo is currently even more active than yobo.Omeruo at times plays with d chelsea U/21s in the U/21 premier league,but yobo doesn't play AT ALL !!!.
Talking about leadership and coordination of d defence,enyeama does that superbly.We dont need yobo in our starting XI.On d bench as a squad player ?.Maybe.

3 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2013
omar22:

The problem is that Liverpool have paid a loan fee for a season long loan to Chelsea, the only way Victor Moses will leave Anfield is if Moses gets injured and they send him back to Chelsea for treatment. Liverpool cannot loan Moses out to another club because Moses is not their player.

Keneth Omeruo is who we are talking about not Moses. Moses should be fine at Liverpool if he shows more determination.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by hycode: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2013
How about this guy Leon Balogun

Fortuna Dusseldorf of Germany defender Leon Balogun has exclusively revealed to supersport.com his deep desire is to play for Nigeria

I will walk to Spain, then swim across the ocean, catch a canoe just to honour the call. It will be the pinnacle of my career to represent the country of my father's birth especially because my father was always proud to be a Nigerian" Balogun told supersport.com

Balogun was in the Dusseldorf side that were relegated from the Bundesliga last season where he started half of the matches.”

"It was not a good feeling but Bundesliga 2 is as strong as many first divisions in other European countries and currently we are improving and hopefully should be able to bounce back."

Back to his international ambitions. Asked on what he makes of those who say that he is hoping reap where he had not sown with regards to a world cup place.

"Nobody called me. Nobody came to watch me play during the qualifiers. If they had, I repeat I would have jumped at it and would have contributed my quota to the course"

One of the most fascinating things about Balogun is his fluency in English considering that he has never visited nor lives in an English living country.

"I taught myself mostly because I have always liked to speak the language. I listened to music, I watched films and TV programmes and then added to the classes in school"

The former Weder Bremen defender believes that central defence is his best position. "I have been playing most of my matches now as a right back for Dusseldorf but central defence is where I have originally always liked. However, maybe because of my speed especially on my offensive and my crossing have made my coach prefer playing me at right back"

Balogun is a rare breed of footballers in his humility and even the car he drives "My parents taught me to be content with what I have and where I am. They grounded me properly so that material things are not so important" He does not have arrogance about him and explains why he never got capped by German youth teams "maybe I was not good enough at the time. I will never say that when I was growing up through the ranks that my game would have stood out enough then. Am not hung up on that at all."

Many would have expected him to have moved away from Dusseldorf after the relegation. He sees it a bit different.

"I play more now at this club. More than I did at Bremen so I will rather be playing football regularly at my age instead of sitting on the bench at a big club side."

Final word to Keshi? "I will make the life of every forward that comes up against me miserable throughout the match. I will guarantee 100% commitment to the cause and I am firm believer in team work. Offensively and physically am powerful enough. I have the speed for the position. I will be honoured to be given just a trial."

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
hycode: How about this guy Leon Balogun

Fortuna Dusseldorf of Germany defender Leon Balogun has exclusively revealed to supersport.com his deep desire is to play for Nigeria

I will walk to Spain, then swim across the ocean, catch a canoe just to honour the call. It will be the pinnacle of my career to represent the country of my father's birth especially because my father was always proud to be a Nigerian" Balogun told supersport.com

Balogun was in the Dusseldorf side that were relegated from the Bundesliga last season where he started half of the matches.”

"It was not a good feeling but Bundesliga 2 is as strong as many first divisions in other European countries and currently we are improving and hopefully should be able to bounce back."

Back to his international ambitions. Asked on what he makes of those who say that he is hoping reap where he had not sown with regards to a world cup place.

"Nobody called me. Nobody came to watch me play during the qualifiers. If they had, I repeat I would have jumped at it and would have contributed my quota to the course"

One of the most fascinating things about Balogun is his fluency in English considering that he has never visited nor lives in an English living country.

"I taught myself mostly because I have always liked to speak the language. I listened to music, I watched films and TV programmes and then added to the classes in school"

The former Weder Bremen defender believes that central defence is his best position. "I have been playing most of my matches now as a right back for Dusseldorf but central defence is where I have originally always liked. However, maybe because of my speed especially on my offensive and my crossing have made my coach prefer playing me at right back"

Balogun is a rare breed of footballers in his humility and even the car he drives "My parents taught me to be content with what I have and where I am. They grounded me properly so that material things are not so important" He does not have arrogance about him and explains why he never got capped by German youth teams "maybe I was not good enough at the time. I will never say that when I was growing up through the ranks that my game would have stood out enough then. Am not hung up on that at all."

Many would have expected him to have moved away from Dusseldorf after the relegation. He sees it a bit different.

"I play more now at this club. More than I did at Bremen so I will rather be playing football regularly at my age instead of sitting on the bench at a big club side."

Final word to Keshi? "I will make the life of every forward that comes up against me miserable throughout the match. I will guarantee 100% commitment to the cause and I am firm believer in team work. Offensively and physically am powerful enough. I have the speed for the position. I will be honoured to be given just a trial."

aww, he sounds really desperate...lol. Jokes apart though, he does have the sturdy build that comes in handy as a defender. If only there was a way we could forward these names to the NFF, especially the defenders. Or if he could make out the time to come down to Nigeria and apply.... Come to think of it, does the NFF have an e-mail or something we could reach them by? I think Keshi is on twitter, but I don't know if he visits it or the thing na just for show. The fans really deserve to voice their ideas and suggestions in some way considering the fact that we skip meals for the SE when they play

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
I just read that Roy Hodgson is trying to get Tiago Ilori in his team. The English people need to stop killing people's dream. Do they get a kick out of snatching up everyone only to dump them and use their people at the World Cup? I hope the boy refuses them, else na only friendly dem go use am for. At least Ogbonna is almost sure of a WC place for Italy. England is plagued with confused football regulators and that is why they won't win the WC in another 10 years or more

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
the chore of the team that won AFCON and qualified for world cup should lead us to Brazil

I have no interest in players who will go to Brazil to play for Nigeria but will not turn up for the next qualifier against Somalia or ethipia

We should not leave ourselves open to be treated the way Kevin Prince Boateng treats Ghana

Let those who we call up be those ready to play for Nigeria at all times

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by hycode: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
safarigirl: aww, he sounds really desperate...lol. Jokes apart though, he does have the sturdy build that comes in handy as a defender. If only there was a way we could forward these names to the NFF, especially the defenders. Or if he could make out the time to come down to Nigeria and apply.... Come to think of it, does the NFF have an e-mail or something we could reach them by? I think Keshi is on twitter, but I don't know if he visits it or the thing na just for show. The fans really deserve to voice their ideas and suggestions in some way considering the fact that we skip meals for the SE when they play

You are right,no one will lose anything by trying these guys out,it brings healthy competition and we would be better off with that. Secondly these guys should also help themselves by going to an A list team Europe or wherever and fight for a shirt there,talent cannot hide for too long,Imagine if Mikel was still at Lynn Oslo. I watched Emenike in Karabukspor then,him worse pass Musa then sef,even though he was still scoring goals,but too much running to the side,but after a brief stint at Fernabahce and then Spartak,he was more molded,I nor know why Musa nor learn grin. I see Raheem Lawal and Nduka Ozokwor play every weekend in Mersin İdmanyurdu SK and when we hang out they would say 'Oh boy forget people are reflection of the team they play in superman nor dey' grin
'

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
hycode: How about this guy Leon Balogun

the guy is realy tall.what are his stats?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
breezy047:

Keneth Omeruo is who we are talking about not Moses. Moses should be fine at Liverpool if he shows more determination.

Ok I think Chelsea is using him for the reserve league
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2013
john Chibuike:MIDFIELDER:wears the number 10 jersey for Rosenborg Bk of sweden and the last read i have of him is september 28."keshi begging john chibuike not to change nationality".He complains of being overlooked and would change nationality if the pressure from sweden keeps up.WTF!"Begging??" nigerian papers and there choice of words realy.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Geestunnar(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2013
troy20: john Chibuike:MIDFIELDER:wears the number 10 jersey for Rosenborg Bk of sweden and the last read i have of him is september 28."keshi begging john chibuike not to change nationality".He complains of being overlooked and would change nationality if the pressure from sweden keeps up.WTF!"Begging??" nigerian papers and there choice of words realy.
lol, Keshi wey dey think as e go drop people still dey 'beg'? Maybe he's begging the guy to play for Sweden
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
safarigirl: lol, Keshi wey dey think as e go drop people still dey 'beg'? Maybe he's begging the guy to play for Sweden
e go beta make him hustle get any good player wey im fit lay im hand on o.if na to naturalize foriegn players sef i support.rememba say na 22 man list.na d best time for SE to make history b dis.we must reach quater final by fire by force.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
troy20:
e go beta make him hustle get any good player wey im fit lay im hand on o.if na to naturalize foriegn players sef i support.rememba say na 22 man list.na d best time for SE to make history b dis.we must reach quater final by fire by force.
we no dey too find midfielders, we get Mikel, Onazi, Igiebor, Ogu and Victor Moses. Na our defence we suppose fortify. Any and ALL defenders are welcome to try out, but one has to be exceptional to unseat our regular midfielders, even Iheanacho that's just as good as, even better than some midfielders isn't sure of a spot. We may need strikers too, just in case the Holy Spirit touches Keshi to drop Ideye.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
safarigirl: we no dey too find midfielders, we get Mikel, Onazi, Igiebor, Ogu and Victor Moses. Na our defence we suppose fortify. Any and ALL defenders are welcome to try out, but one has to be exceptional to unseat our regular midfielders, even Iheanacho that's just as good as, even better than some midfielders isn't sure of a spot. We may need strikers too, just in case the Holy Spirit touches Keshi to drop Ideye.

Its not enough, we need to see whether we have better options atleast see what else we have got, we wont be facing Burkina Faso or Ethiopia at the world cup
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
omar22:

Its not enough, we need to see whether we have better options atleast see what else we have got, we wont be facing Burkina Faso or Ethiopia at the world cup
we should prioritize everything. We controlled the game against Uruguay and Spain without Moses, but our defence and strikers sucked. We first need to solidify that defence, that's why we should secure the defenders- Tiago and Leon first. We can then look at Aluko and whatever other mid-fielders there are, we need strikers too cuz as it stands, we have just one of those

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
safarigirl: we should prioritize everything. We controlled the game against Uruguay and Spain without Moses, but our defence and strikers sucked. We first need to solidify that defence, that's why we should secure the defenders- Tiago and Leon first. We can then look at Aluko and whatever other mid-fielders there are, we need strikers too cuz as it stands, we have just one of those

Well still lost! the result says we still lost...

A Quick question, do you know what Catenaccio is in football terms?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ramon Azeez:DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.Now this former under 17 and under 21 nigerian international has become quite a regular with Almeria of spain in the spanish league and look he just scored his debut goal against betis yesterday and he is just "21 yrs".just truly! truly!! hope they keep up this upward rise in their carreers for once who knows barca might right the €30 mil check finaly someday...yea the new YA YA.Remember you heard it here first.

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
troy20: Ramon Azeez:DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.Now this former under 17 and under 21 nigerian international has become quite a regular with Almeria of spain in the spanish league and look he just scored his debut goal against betis yesterday and he is just "21 yrs".just truly! truly!! hope they keep up this upward rise in their carreers for once who knows barca might right the €30 mil check finaly someday...yea the new YA YA.Remember you heard it here first.
I've bin monitoring azeez's progress.He's really on d rise.
His style of play is similar to onazi.He'll be a valuable back-up for onazi.He can provide strong competition for onazi in midfield.
Also this young attacking midfielder Micheal Olaitan also from john obuh's eaglets(2009) team is on d rise also.He is only 20yrs and he's establishing himself as a regular at olympiacos.
He is olympiacos ozil.Providing assists regularly.
He is also playing in d champions league.Olympiacos are in d champions league 2nd round.
Watch out for olaitan against Man-U.
We have a lot of options in midfield if only keshi can watch and follow dese players week-in week-out.
And who said John Obuh's eaglets(2009)team was useless.
In terms of productivity,john obuh's eaglets was better than yemi tella's.
Azeez,Omeruo,Onazi,Olaitan.
At least 4 players 4rm that set are doing well either in d S.E or in europe.
Tella's eaglets team can only boast of Haruna Lukman.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Theben(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
^
Chrisanthus is scoring goals for La palmas.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Theben: ^
what happend to him all these while?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Theben: ^
Ya !.Forgot about christantus.He too is doing well.But the 2nd division of any league cant expose a player enough.
Just hope a la liga club signs him or his team las palmas gets promoted next season.
Las Palmas are currently 5th,they can still gain promotion if they work harder.
Last season they missed out on promotion slightly by goal difference.
Hope they would dis season.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
omar22:

Well still lost! the result says we still lost...

A Quick question, do you know what Catenaccio is in football terms?

and we lost because of a weak defence and a terrible attack. Our midfield was A-okay. We need defenders and strikers, once that's sorted out, we can look out for midfielders.

No, I do not know what Catenaccio is, all I know is we need defenders and strikers, that's our immediate priority

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 12:40am On Dec 23, 2013
safarigirl: and we lost because of a weak defence and a terrible attack. Our midfield was A-okay. We need defenders and strikers, once that's sorted out, we can look out for midfielders.

No, I do not know what Catenaccio is, all I know is we need defenders and strikers, that's our immediate priority

Look if a team doesn't know what you are going to bring, they will set up in a way that you will dominate the game but still loose. and thats a fact, Uruguay play on the counter, the soak up pressure and hit on the break, I did Sky plus the game against Spain and I have watched the game time and time again, we dominated the game and still lost 3-nil that says alot. Nigeria plays an open game gaps between the defence and midfield is so great, we are not compact with players been discipline in their position, Like I said if we come across better mid-fielders than the one we have a sorry sentiment goes out of the window. Sometimes the defence is as good as the mid-fielders screening them

Catenaccio - Is an old Italian style some teams adopt nowadays.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2013
omar22:

Look if a team doesn't know what you are going to bring, they will set up in a way that you will dominate the game but still loose. and thats a fact, Uruguay play on the counter, the soak up pressure and hit on the break, I did Sky plus the game against Spain and I have watched the game time and time again, we dominated the game and still lost 3-nil that says alot. Nigeria plays an open game gaps between the defence and midfield is so great, we are not compact with players been discipline in their position, Like I said if we come across better mid-fielders than the one we have a sorry sentiment goes out of the window. Sometimes the defence is as good as the mid-fielders screening them

Catenaccio - Is an old Italian style some teams adopt nowadays.

It is due to the lack of a quality attacking midfielder in the team.

At the afcon when Mba was still a beast, he was the one surging forward and joining the attack, spraying passes and running.

Mikel and Onazi only sat back to protect the defence and deliver long balls to the strikers or wings when necessary.

This was the perfect setting. We got the best from Mikel and onazi both defensively and on counter attacks when they would suddenly look up and send a killer long ball pass to Emenike.

But this setting crashed with the fall of Mba. No one to do the prolific attacking midfieder job. Initially at the confeds, Mikel was used at that role, but he usually tired out after about 70mins, plus the defence didn't get the best of his protective cover anymore, and we couldn't get any of the killer long ball passes too.

Keshi has since experimented with that position. Trying out Oduamadi in that role has proved very devastative. Trying out Moses too in that role hasn't really fit. Reuben gabriel just like Mba has gone match rusty.

What we need now to get the best out of our midfield once again is a good attacking midfielder. And the choices at present are:

Haruna lukman
Ramon azeez
Joel Obi
Micheal Olaitan.
Kelechi Iheanacho
I would pick either Haruna or Ramon.

When we get the good AM, the problem is solved. Mikel would not have to worry much about going forward which exposes the defence and deprives him of his long balls. Likewise Onazi.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by babyboy3(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
breezy047:

At the afcon when Mba was still a beast, he was the one surging forward and joining the attack, spraying passes and running.

Mikel and Onazi only sat back to protect the defence and deliver long balls to the strikers or wings when necessary.

This was the perfect setting. We got the best from Mikel and onazi both defensively and on counter attacks when they would suddenly look up and send a killer long ball pass to Emenike.

But this setting crashed with the fall of Mba. No one to do the prolific attacking midfieder job. Initially at the confeds, Mikel was used at that role, but he usually tired out after about 70mins, plus the defence didn't get the best of his protective cover anymore, and we couldn't get any of the killer long ball passes too.

Keshi has since experimented with that position. Trying out Oduamadi in that role has proved very devastative. Trying out Moses too in that role hasn't really fit. Reuben gabriel just like Mba has gone match rusty.

What we need now to get the best out of our midfield once again is a good attacking midfielder. And the choices at present are:

Haruna lukman
Ramon azeez
Joel Obi
Micheal Olaitan.
Kelechi Iheanacho

When we get the good AM, the problem is solved. Mikel would not have to worry much about going forward which exposes the defence and deprives him of his long balls. Likewise Onazi.

You have a point but what Omar was trying to say is that if we come across a better player or option than what we have been using should we excercise such option? Most countries will be open minded about who will be in the starting 11 until the very last moment
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
baby-boy:

You have a point but what Omar was trying to say is that if we come across a better player or option than what we have been using should we excercise such option? Most countries will be open minded about who will be in the starting 11 until the very last moment
no, most countries already have 80% of their starting 11, but since Nigeria is a 'work in progress' we're yet to have that, we're still testing legs. But the topic is about uncapped players, I vote Iheanacho as a good AM, as far as starting XI is concerned he may or may not qualify, but he's the only one who's got that flair for now as far as I know. Sunday Mba could get his magic back before the WC, he's still got CHAN to prove himself
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
baby-boy:

Where are you going to find a Nigerian central midfielder presently better than Mikel, Onazi, Nosa igiebor?

They are the best we have and they are capable of overthrowing argentina. All we only need is a play-maker (a good attacking midfielder) and we are good to go.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
breezy047:

Haruna lukman
Ramon azeez
Joel Obi
Micheal Olaitan.
Kelechi Iheanacho

nice observation but if you were more keen you would observe that mikel had freeier role to play in the group stages of the last AFCON .he was only positionally deployed deeper against ivory cost which worked superbly cause it was a cautious tactic.we kept possession and control of the game leaving yaya and tiote confused and little to do(tiote).they had to come deep to get the ball which anoingly often stayed longer in the long legs of mikel and while they did, they exposed their backline for emenike and moses to run at their wing backs.it was a risky system and required confidence and comfort with the ball from deep.which mikel had.very few players play from deep this well.pirlo,xavi...execpt these two play more mobile.we won against ivory coast because we kept the ball away from them not because we won the ball more from them in midfield.my point exactly is, mikel would play to his talent if given a freeier role with better tacklers and ball distributors.you know... a better complete package like xabi basquet,montilivio,rossi...Haruna,azeez and maybe onazi are the best we have.so that we control games better.wining the ball in midfield as soon as we lose it.therefore putting less pressure on the defence.pirlo,gattuso,ambrosini where the best midfield combo in the world once with that tactic.pirlo, vidal pogba still one the best version today.mikel needs to be giving more mobility to give his ALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Pens Emotional Message As He Celebrates His 36th Birthday / Qatar World Cup To Use Semi-automated Offside Technology / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 2 Screamers To Win Al Nassr Match Vs Al Duhail (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.