Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. (4931 Views)

Life As A Cultist / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / The Story Of Theophilus The Cultist. A True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by nonsonnamani: 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
NB: A female friend of mine told me this story. I think everybody should read it, those who should, should learn

HER STORY.

Growing up in the type of neighbourhood Ebuka did was probably what got him killed. Our neighbourhood was pretty rough, everywhere stank of poverty. The poverty was reflected in the way gutters, overflowing with black smelly water gushed into the path leading to someone's very doorsteps. Everyone lived in a one room apartment around here so no one stayed indoors that much - how could you, the old table-fans people used were so old that it ended up blowing hot air onto someone rather than blowing it off. The streets were always lively - unclad children chasing themselves around a pile of decaying rubbish close to their window. women pushing dirty b_reasts into their latest kid's mouth while another one who is barely one and half struggles for his own turn to suck from the same breast.

That was the kind of neighbourhood we lived in.

Everybody went to the old government schools somewhere across town but just few continued schooling after sitting for their first WAEC. Most always didn't make their first sitting.
When my widowed mother first found out my brother had started smoking weed, he was just in SS3. it wasn't much of a surprise though, in a street where sixteen year old girls already had an active sex life it was almost like my mother had been waiting for it to happen. In a way she thought my brother would never start doing weed; he was gentle, far too quiet even and usually kept to his own. What my mother didn't know was that he sold weed too. So when SARS, a special force police unit in Enugu, started looking for him - that was when my mother became shocked to her marrows. She loved the boy blindly, we were just two siblings - my brother and I. My brother was like her hope.
"He will fight your father's brothers for the injustice they did us when your father died." She always told me. Although she was just a petty trader, She had been saving for his University education.
"You brother will study medicine". She always said.
So when SARS showed up and he had to escape through a back window, my mother was hugely disappointed.
"So this is how you want to kill me!" She had screamed at him three weeks after he returned from hiding out in the village till the heat died down.
My brother, always never saying much, just apologised and left the house.
Soon we forgot it ever happened.
Till rumour started flying around in my street. I remembered hearing it first from my best friend, Ogechi (Talkative).
"I heard your brother is now a hit man for his cult".
Ogechi had a mad crush for my brother so she had made it her duty to always know anything and everything about him. I had quarrelled with her for two weeks after that.
We didn't believe the stories - my mother and I, Ebuka was too gentle for that.

Till one day...

There was this playing ground in front of our house, every sunday guys came there to play football. I remember doing laundries just in front of the door, my brother was playing football in the field. Occasionally I would look up to admire one of the boys I had a crush on who was also playing.
I guess I was the first to see them, about four boys slowly entered the field from different directions.
My brother and a few other boys on the field, who I guess were also in his fraternity, saw the boys and I noticed an expression of terror cross their faces, they had obviously recognised them.
Then I saw the boys who had just entered the field pull guns. People started running. My brother made to escape and ended up running into one of the boys - at this point I was screaming wildly. The first bullet caught him on his arm, he screamed - pushed the guy who had shot him and turned towards another direction. He took the next bullet in his legs. He screamed out in pain, tears were running down his face now. Blood gushed out from his wounds but he still managed to drag his body across the field, determined to escape.
Then the next bullet went straight to his head, exploding and scattering his brain around the play ground.
One of the guys just calmly walked up to him, and using an axe, butchered his head into pieces.
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by texaco1: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
@op , please tell me this is just a fiction ,
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by fijiano202(m): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pls dont tell me thats the end of ur story
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by texaco1: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
fijiano202: Pls dont tell me thats the end of ur story
i dont think there will be any part 2 undecided
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by adegwurulez(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
*holds back tears*

#say_no_to_cultism
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by Oglight(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
This story is nothing too unique from what happens everyday in Benin City, even on a New year eve
Re: Life And Death Of A Cultist... A True Life Story. by westsyde92: 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Oglight: This story is nothing too unique from what happens everyday in Benin City, even on a New year eve
yes oh
i jx taya fr d town
wt really happend jawe

(1) (Reply)

Literature Section's Story Of The Month Award (january) / Forbidden Passion (erotic) / The Misunderstood Woman By Winifred Oti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.