Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (132041 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hey Man,

I am going to try and answer all your questions and I will be bluntly honest with it.

1)I don’t actually know since I already have Swedish passport before moving to Sweden.
2)Hmm, you need to be financially good in other to have a good life since job is hard to come by.
3)Permanent resident is possible in two ways.
Good way:if you get a job when you are done with studies you can apply for your resident.
Bad way: You pregnant a Swedish lady or someone that has a permanent residence.
4) of cause, your family can tag along provided that you are able to disclose a financial document stating that you will take care of your family while in Sweden.

Hope you happy with my answers

Regards

Efair12:
Good day everyone,
My name is Ifeoluwa I am a Nigerian and I intend to study in Sweden. Mainly because I want to relocate with my family to a good European country asides UK. Please I’d be glad if the following questions are answered
. How much do I need as a proof of fund for myself and my family (husband and a kid)
2. What’s life for international students in Sweden like?
3. Is permanent resident feasible?
4. Can I travel with my family?
I hope I will be able to get answers to my questions here. Please feel free to jump in and reply
NB: I am open to any WhatsApp group that’s available. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Teslason(m): 5:08am On Oct 09, 2021
When will the scholarship be available again?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Blessingedem80(f): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Teslason:
When will the scholarship be available again?

The eligible programs for SI scholarship for Global professionals will be out on the 1st of November.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Teslason(m): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Blessingedem80:

The eligible programs for SI scholarship for Global professionals will be out on the 1st of November.
Thanks! Is it same link as the former?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Blessingedem80(f): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Teslason:

Thanks! Is it same link as the former?

You will find all you seek here:

[url]si.se[/url]

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Goldbw122(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2021
Great information, nice thread.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Kristina22: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by donforeign: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2021
Blessingedem80:

You will find all you seek here:

[url]si.se[/url]

Good luck!

Can I apply with my ND ?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by teddyK(m): 6:56am On Feb 06, 2022
Please are you still in Sweden...Can I get your WhatsApp number please.

umbawo:
@ ceaasyc,
i have not done that boat trip from stockhom b4 but i havd taken a cruise boat from Aalgborg to copenhagen in denmark . its abt 4 hours trip and how scared i was esp wit the picture of titanic in my head,
i just wished the trip ended in say 1 hour.
malmo , where i stay is like 2 degrees below stokholm becos its in the south of sweden ,
Well its fun in sweden , cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Checkersave: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2022
If you coming to Sweden DM let’s talk, I am Swede/Nigerian.

Can talk about this pls?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Tboymessiah(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2022
If you have the money move to the UK. English is the official language over there and it will be easy for you to get along than here. Although, I could say 95% of Swedes speak English but the expect you to speak Swedish. Please am not a “Sir” Nigerian and their entitlements

NasoLifeBe!!!

U don't need to add that bold phrase, ok.
The guy only respect you cus he believes you can help him out, na normal thing for Africa.

If u dey look for work u will even call the gate man of the company Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Tboymessiah(m): 9:43am On Apr 08, 2022
If you have the money move to the UK. English is the official language over there and it will be easy for you to get along than here. Although, I could say 95% of Swedes speak English but the expect you to speak Swedish. Please am not a “Sir” Nigerian and their entitlements

NasoLifeBe!!!

U don't need to add that bold phrase, ok.
The guy only respect you cus he believes you can help him out, na normal thing for Africa.

If u dey look for work u will even call the gate man of the company Sir.

Ma fo..........Mr Sweden!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Checkersave: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2022
Is language a very big barrier to finding job in Sweden? Does cost of living really outweighs the minimum a person can earn?

teddyK:
Please are you still in Sweden...Can I get your WhatsApp number please.

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nkkychic: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Good Evening everyone @teddyK please can a dependent of a student who joined the spouse to Sweeden get a job in order to assist the spouse with sch fees payment.
Do you need to be fluent in swedish language before you can get a job both after schooling or even taking up menial job
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Useku(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2022
i
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Useku(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2022
umbawo:
I study and live here in sweden , Who said there are no nigerians hia have u forgotten that swedish schools dont charge tuition fees , Ofcourse u expect to see our brothers and sisters over hia.
the very truth is that there are no jobs hia . U will be given a work permit as a student but nothing for work . how we survive is that we work in denmark and school in sweden . most nigerians including me study in the university of malmo in southern sweden which is 30 mins by train to the capital of denmark
Lots of jobs in denmark but very high tax system and cost of living extremly high.

T

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 02, 2022
clareomiz:

@ tinkinfela,
I find that very hard to believe! I mean, is there a place on earth where you won't find Nigerians in large numbers? Sum1 once said that "anywhere in the world you find a lot of Africans outside Africa, there you find a lot of Nigerians".

Once attended a conference there some years ago, was impressed with the infrastructure though, but they live very lonely & solitary lives! Me! I can't stay in that kind of place longer than 3 months o! Infact, when I arrived Nigeria, I personally had to board a danfo home cos I just wanted to get the "Naija flava" once again,
lol. Boss. How fr u still de Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ToyosiR(f): 12:00pm On May 19, 2022
Please. A family of six willing to move to sweden via job route.

Is a salary for 40,000KES better compared to around 700k in Nigeria?

He also have option to first go and study in the UK.

He is into IT

Your input is highly sorted after.... @umbawo: @clareomiz:
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Amethyst101(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2022
ToyosiR:
Please. A family of six willing to move to sweden via job route.

Is a salary for 40,000KES better compared to around 700k in Nigeria?

He also have option to first go and study in the UK.

He is into IT

Your input is highly sorted after.... @umbawo: @clareomiz:

Thats around 1.5M-1.6M converted to naira. i did this just to get raw figures and to get a grasp of exactly how much

I think its a good offer

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Akayani: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Nkkychic:
Good Evening everyone @teddyK please can a dependent of a student who joined the spouse to Sweeden get a job in order to assist the spouse with sch fees payment.
Do you need to be fluent in swedish language before you can get a job both after schooling or even taking up menial job

Please can we get a reply to the question,it would go a long way to help us make our decision
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Af0nja: 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
Goldbw122:

Yeah, Bsc in Accounting, Yeah I have done that, so when I get reply I will get back to you, Thanks for your concern I really appreciate..

Hello, how did you submit your transcripts
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Goldbw122(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
Af0nja:

Hello, how did you submit your transcripts
I went to my school, and apply for the transcript, so I gave them the email that it will be sent to, remember the will not give you your transcript for you to see that is impossible but with money and connection you know in Nigeria it will be possible, so you have to give them money for the whole process, that will make it smooth.. if I may ask what school do you want to send the transcript?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Af0nja: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Goldbw122:

I went to my school, and apply for the transcript, so I gave them the email that it will be sent to, remember the will not give you your transcript for you to see that is impossible but with money and connection you know in Nigeria it will be possible, so you have to give them money for the whole process, that will make it smooth.. if I may ask what school do you want to send the transcript?

Thanks a lot, the school is in Umea
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Goldbw122(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
Af0nja:

Thanks a lot, the school is in Umea
Good luck dear

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Af0nja: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2022
Goldbw122:

Good luck dear

Please, I have a question. Why is there not much courses available for application at the moment? Will it be opened later? I have paid for application fee and now I want to have my school email my certs and transcripts to them. But I am yet to apply for a course as the courses I want are not currently open. Do you think it is okay? Will the courses be opened later? What is the best time to apply?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Goldbw122(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
Af0nja:

Please, I have a question. Why is there not much courses available for application at the moment? Will it be opened later? I have paid for application fee and now I want to have my school email my certs and transcripts to them. But I am yet to apply for a course as the courses I want are not currently open. Do you think it is okay? Will the courses be opened later? What is the best time to apply?
The best time is very early, check their schedule so you will get a proper date and time to apply, then you will see the listed available course, so you will choose the one that suit your qualification. Do some research about to enrollment and time of schedule.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by NittaO: 12:51am On Sep 17, 2022
Pls how is life in sweden for practicing as a medical doctor.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Love800(m): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2023
I want to go to sweden with the intention to work there.

How do i go about this?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by OyinboSweden: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Some advice for you who are living in Sweden or about to move there: plenty of people are charging very high for second hand appartement contracts, but there is actually a law which forbids the landlord to charge more than their own rent + 15% profit. So if you have been a victim of a greedy landlord you can easily take them to court and get back whatever excess you have paid.
The law is called something like "lagen om oskälig hyra" if you need to look it up

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.