Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination (17671 Views)

Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG / Onitsha Port Set Ahead Of Commissioning By FG Next Month / Onitsha Port Ready For Operation-fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Castos(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2013
All my imports and exports have always been in Lagos and this cost me a lot of squirls. I mist say, thank God for this topic. I pray it comes to reality sooner rather than later. Mr. Castos aka Ugwu na ami ami one of Eziowelle.

6 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2013
gratieao:
Osun man what is your headache about Anambra state, what have done to secure the release of your brothers/sisters in Imo state prison? Abeg leave Anambra mata 4 Anambarians

gratiaeo...you be real mumu oooo.

Am from Abeokuta in Ogun state...you don't have the memo?

Get your lazy bottom a$$ governors to start working rather than blackmailing FG with civil war stories endlessly, while stealing all the allocations.

Get interested in what is going on back home...instead of giving up.

8 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Castos(m): 10:29am On Dec 08, 2013
All my imports and exports have always been in Lagos and this cost me a lot of squirls. I mist say, thank God for this proposal. I pray it comes to reality sooner rather than later. Mr. Castos aka Ugwu na ami ami one of Eziowelle.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by burberry89(m): 10:34am On Dec 08, 2013
Knowledge9000:

Typical response from a stu$pid, jealous ugly a$ss Yoruba. Go and ask the Hausas what happened to their economy when the civil war came calling after the igbos left...that's why YOU WILL NEVER HEAR AN HAUSA MAN SAY A WORD AGAINST THE IGBOS. THEY KNOW HOW VALUABLE THE IGBOS ARE TO THEM. Watch and see if this were to happen how Lagos will be reduced to mini Ondo state; economy-wise. Fool...didn't know that 70% of all import into the country are done by Igbos? You didn't know? Very dull idio$t.

And aw many of the good ur so called IGBO brothers importing are you IGBO pple in SE consuming. If u leave lagos and go to ur SE there are a lot of pple who will still be importing. Maybe by that time the number of made in taiwan, japan good will reduce in SW cos that's wat u IGBO specializes on. U import sub standard good to the country and sell to us. By the time u leave lagos and go to ur SE we will be able to import original goods even though it might be costly but it will be original.

Stupid IGBO boy

8 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2013
Knowledge9000:

Let see your ugly dark face. Dull stinky idi$ot! Go and take a shower my friend. Inferior angry jealous people. Whenever anything is said of the Igbos, they come up here in anger and hate... be it our women winning beauty pageants, government appointments, excellence, economy. Very evil people

You have issues men!

8 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 08, 2013
Kponkwem: Our land devastated by civil war has yet to be reconstructed. We need a Marshal Plan in the East not Lagos where Gowon's 3Rs commenced!

Above all, FG should build for us because we don't want to be accused of planning secession. That is why the Imo Airport the only such wholly built by the indegenes was handed over to FG to inspect. We don't want you sniffing around us all the time because of your morbid fear of our 'secession'- which our right under international laws. So let FG build for us!

See Ibo typical Akpu mentality at its best... grin grin cheesy.

Very funny people...FG will even help you to impregnate your wife !

6 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by free2ryhme: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2013
Ddy:

Are u learned at all. u comment like an illitrate. how can they make onitsha International cargo port without FG. Pls if u ar nt informed dnt comment

Issue of ports and allied matters are within the juRisdiction of FG. Have u heard of Exclusive List undecided

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by burberry89(m): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2013
Eziachi:
Yes all electricity network in the East was done by the communities and not the federal or state govt.
80% of all road network in the East were created and handed over the tiers of government
They build over 4000 secondary and primary school and handed over to the governments since 1970.
Sam Mbakwe airport was built by community effort, not federal or even the state govt .

If ur communities has built over 4000 schools, 80% of electricity and road networks in d EAST then wats ur government doing ooooo. And u hopeless IGBO pplle condemning the govt of SW calling our governors thieves. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm wat can I call ur governors ooooo cry

You these SE pple u r the most backward pple in this country. Instead of critizing yorubas talk to ur leaders and ur brothers here in SW to come home n develop ur area

9 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Dannylux: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

Issue of ports and allied matters are within the juRisdiction of FG. Have u heard of Exclusive List undecided

You guys are saying the same thing.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Soso990240(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2013
gratieao:
We want the same people that built Apapa wharf, Tincan etc to build same in Onitsha or are we not same Nigeria?
thank u for dis wonderful comment.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2013
burberry89:

If ur communities has built over 4000 schools, 80% of electricity and road networks in d EAST then wats ur government doing ooooo. And u hopeless IGBO pplle condemning the govt of SW calling our governors thieves. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm wat can I call ur governors ooooo cry

You these SE pple u r the most backward pple in this country. Instead of critizing yorubas talk to ur leaders and ur brothers here in SW to come home n develop ur area

Let fg dredge river niger, let the government do everything they ask! So they can just leave! Since they made lagos what it is! I Keep asking wiv all the igbos inthe south east, why is the east not like dubai? Ifu say fg has spent money on lagos, is it fg that also created an enabling environment for business? Hold your leaders accountable for every insult you get. You say u import goods, is it only the igbos that are buying your goods? If the yorubas were so lazy, where do they get the money to buy ur goods? Someone said lagos will crumble! Lagos can never ever crumble. That's why am praying you guys get what u want and let everybody rest!

10 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by gurnam: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2013
sandijey:

Let fg dredge river niger, let the government do everything they ask! So they can just leave! Since they made lagos what it is! I Keep asking wiv all the igbos inthe south east, why is the east not like dubai? Ifu say fg has spent money on lagos, is it fg that also created an enabling environment for business? Hold your leaders accountable for every insult you get. You say u import goods, is it only the igbos that are buying your goods? If the yorubas were so lazy, where do they get the money to buy ur goods? Someone said lagos will crumble! Lagos can never ever crumble. That's why am praying you guys get what u want and let everybody rest!

My Sister....we know and understand the modus operandi of these people. They look for problems where there is none, they create enemies out of friends. They abuse Yorubas and Hausas endlessly all their lives and still expect these people to help when they want help.

Just calm down with them.

10 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by burberry89(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2013
sandijey:

No mind them jare. The IGBO traders has the largest patronage frm the yorubas cos we r hard working and accommodating. Go to big yoruba cites n towns you will see Igbo traders in their hundreds doing their business without been discriminated. But these don't happen in the.SE it will be hard for you to see a yrouba man having a very big business in the SE. Yorubas has moved ahead of u pple in the civilized world where u welcome pple from diffrent tribe and race to invest in ur economy. All you do is call urself the Isreali and japanese of Nigeria yet ur pple back home in SE are suffering

8 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Soso990240(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2013
gerald09: Dis is a great idea, but just urging d FG is like coming to political section and blabin', d gud news is dey already have body nw its tym to meet up with d senator/MHR rep Anambra state. From dere d can persuade d houses to put it in d budget. den after dat has bin don dey can now come to d public n sell it to us. Dat way d dream can easily be achieved.
Senator representing who? Ngige will prefere to die than to combine wit Gov.Obi to actualise that.dats 1 bad thing about opposition in Nigerian politics.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 08, 2013
plaindealer:

FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.DFG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG.FG>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you people do anything without the FG?

Who are you people? Do you think anyone will just build because there is cash? It's just like the international airport. Some things are simply under FG jurisdiction. It's not all about money.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by free2ryhme: 11:16am On Dec 08, 2013
Dannylux:

You guys are saying the same thing.

Error on my part I wanted to respond to someone else
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2013
China has many ports, Vietnam also. One port has not affected the viability of the other ports within the same country. Why is citing of port a tribal issue? I buy raw cotton from kano/kastina, I pay extra N180,000 (per 40feet container) to Maersk to transport it to Lagos port, if there is a port in Onitsha and if the cost of moving my goods to Onitsha is cheaper, that means more profit for me regardless of where I am based. I export my dried cassava through lagos and portharcourt, what I consider is proximity! Please let's always see beyond tribe, I do business with Musa (Mr Honest/Loyal), I made my first 7 digits with Emeka (Mr sharp guy/everything is possible) and most of my paperwork with Mr Abayomi (Mr Fix it)...

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:

SW ppl can't even survive without govt whether fed or state.
The few rich ones among u are oil thieves and those working in multinationals, shame on u.

How do you know she/ he's from SW? Anyway, it is ignoble for him/ her to say that. Ignorance is bliss, they say. Some things are under FG jurisdiction. This is one of them.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2013
gratieao:
We want the same people that built Apapa wharf, Tincan etc to build same in Onitsha or are we not same Nigeria?

Then you should stop playing politics of hatred for Yorubas and Hausas...

You are only harming your interest with the type of name calling and abuses you directs endlessly to the two political blocs.

As much as he wish.....GEJ cannot decreed such facilities for you unless it goes through National Assembly processes.

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by PHIPEX(m): 11:23am On Dec 08, 2013
gerald09: Dis is a great idea, but just urging d FG is like coming to political section and blabin', d gud news is dey already have body nw its tym to meet up with d senator/MHR rep Anambra state. From dere d can persuade d houses to put it in d budget. den after dat has bin don dey can now come to d public n sell it to us. Dat way d dream can easily be achieved.

That is what I expect someone like Ngige whose constituency is Onitsha and who has not sponsored any bill to do instead of interfering in the good works being done by Obi in the state. Imagine the ovation he will recieve from Anambrarians if he sponsors this bill but he wouldn't. He prefers to wait for constituency allowance to constuct VIP toilet.

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2013
coonz: China has many ports, Vietnam also. One port has not affected the viability of the other ports within the same country. Why is citing of port a tribal issue? I buy raw cotton from kano/kastina, I pay extra N180,000 (per 40feet container) to Maersk to transport it to Lagos port, if there is a port in Onitsha and if the cost of moving my goods to Onitsha is cheaper, that means more profit for me regardless of where I am based. I export my dried cassava through lagos and portharcourt, what I consider is proximity! Please let's always see beyond tribe, I do business with Musa (Mr Honest/Loyal), I made my first 7 digits with Emeka (Mr sharp guy/everything is possible) and most of my paperwork with Mr Abayomi (Mr Fix it)...

Simple!!!!!!what they should be praying for is proper management! Its not about just building a port! That iswhy they need to startholding their leaders accountable. If you are importing goods through onitsha and your government is not using the dividend they get from it to construct roads, infrastructure and provide basic ammenities etc! Can u trade in such environment? Where are the people u want to trade to when they have migrated to other states? To me sef! Having a port is not the problem! Management of the resources is the bigger issue. If not everything would become a rollercoaster!

Bottom line! Hold your leaders responsible for everything happening in the east!

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2013
berem: Sorry,I don't pick fights with women on this forum. Try someone else please. cool cool
Who is fighting who exactly?
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by investnow2013: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2013
gratieao: The next governor of Anambra should as matter of urgency do something about this port even if it will take Anambra state one year budget.
You are right!. I heard Obiano talking about it during the Election Campagne. What we must all do is to keep on Talking about it & also sending Messages to Obiano's Face Book account & other Ways of Sending Messages to him. We can also mobilize all Onitsha Businessmen & Women to carry a petition to The Govt House Awka for This!. We Must do SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2013
PHIPEX:

That is what I expect someone like Ngige whose constituency is Onitsha and who has not sponsored any bill to do instead of interfering in the good works being done by Obi in the state. Imagine the ovation he will recieve from Anambrarians if he sponsors this bill but he wouldn't. He prefers to wait for constituency allowance to constuct VIP toilet.

Because Ngige understand the politics of the NASS better than you!

Ask me why the River Niger will never be dredge...
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by investnow2013: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2013
PHIPEX:

Where is our Senator Mr NGIGE?. We must not Make This mistake of allowing or electing Political CHARLATANs & LAME DOGS as our Senators again in 2015!. Oh! Come AKUNYILI! The seat is Yours!

2 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by basilo101: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2013
burberry89:

And aw many of the good ur so called IGBO brothers importing are you IGBO pple in SE consuming. If u leave lagos and go to ur SE there are a lot of pple who will still be importing. Maybe by that time the number of made in taiwan, japan good will reduce in SW cos that's wat u IGBO specializes on. U import sub standard good to the country and sell to us. By the time u leave lagos and go to ur SE we will be able to import original goods even though it might be costly but it will be original.

Stupid IGBO boy
Leave lagos say wetin hapn? Na 2 create regional branches in d east. Start importing d original nw, dnt wait 4 igbos 2 leave, if u r nt ready 2 compete u will be dominated

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by chino11(m): 11:43am On Dec 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

Because Ngige understand the politics of the NASS better than you!

Ask me why the River Niger will never be dredge...

Niger River from Warri-Onitsha-Baro section has been dredged for the past two years. What is actually delaying the full blast take off is the concession process, which I heard is on the last lap of its conclusion before the concessionaires will take over..

2 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by basilo101: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2013
burberry89:

most of these hapnd during d millitary era which was clearly anti-igbo as a result of d war
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Dannylux: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

Error on my part I wanted to respond to someone else

Alright then
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2013
chino11:

Niger River from Warri-Onitsha-Baro section has been dredged for the past two years. What is actually delaying the full blast take off is the concession process, which I heard is on the last lap of its conclusion before the concessionaires will take over..

grin grin grin dredged on paper...

If at all it is......it's getting silted already due to lack of usage.

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by investnow2013: 11:52am On Dec 08, 2013
chino11:

Chino11 The dredged River Niger Water-Ways To Onitsha is not deep enough to accommodate Big Ocean Liners!.This is The Reason Our Governor Must Be very clever here economically by offering to Help FG to raise The total Amount needed to see that Onitsha Port is SEAPORT & Not a Riverport!.Where is The Fast Economic THINKING GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA-STATE?
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
basilo101:
Leave lagos say wetin hapn? Na 2 create regional branches in d east. Start importing d original nw, dnt wait 4 igbos 2 leave, if u r nt ready 2 compete u will be dominated

Dominated indeed! I hope you guys no that the situation of the economy has turned graduates into business men! Every graduate wants to be on their own now! if u don't up ur game, businesses ordinarily done by illiterates will be taken over by graduates only this time everything will be mordernised! Just seeing graduates into farming and making cool cash, selling food and doing home delivery, or importing and exporting litttle things from kolanut, cocoa, palm oil, crayfish! Etc! Its a matter of time before vulcanisers, mechanics, and the likes would be mordernised not to talk of spare parts! please the country has changed a great deal!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbanjo And Okowa Visit Focados Oil Terminal / N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs / Showdown Imminent As Senate Resumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.