Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719625 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
That same day,Jacob and his friend celebrated with him,while they hanged out at the club.
'This one that you have proposed,you're gradually becoming a real man.'Jaiye said.
'I'm still in awe of your proposing to Jane,i know you loved that girl too much to let her go.'Paul said sipping from a glass.
'I'm glad,i proposed,Jane brings sunshine into my life,and i will do anything to keep her.'Jacob said smiling.
'What if she had said no?'Paul said.'Because you're just too confident in her.'
'If she had said no,today we will not here be drinking,and i would keep proposing all over again till she accepts me.'Jacob answered.
'When there are hundred of ladies that would marry you at the snap of your fingers.'Jaiye said.
'Well,love makes the difference,i'm head over heels in love with her,..man.'
'That lady is one few men will pass by,without straining their necks,she's got it all.'Jaiye said.
'We all know you love her.'Paul laughed.
'And no one tampers with her,'Jacobs eyes was filled with unspoken threat.'Not while i still breath,she's mine till death do us apart.'
'You're drunk in love man.'Paul said slapping Jay's back.'You got that whie gold expensive ring too,i thinks too much.'
'Nothing,i repeat nothing is too much for my Oyindunmade.'

Jaiye signalled to a waitress to get them more drinks,the young girl soon returned,Jaiye settled the bill,and as the girl made to leave,he slapped her butt.The lady turned back,the expression on her face was not readable,through the smile,it looked like a soft reproach.
'That was uncalled for man.'Paul said.
'A leopard never changes its spot.'Jacob said.
'Alright guys,i was just playing with her.'Jaiye poured himself another glass.
'You should learn to respect your woman by refraining your itchy palm from other ladies.'Jacob said.
'To think,you'll be a married man,in the space of two weeks.Cynthia must not hear this.'Paul added.
'Guys chill,ladies want money,and i've got them in abundance,they want class and material possession,i've got that too.'Jaiye said,pointing to his chest.
'And if you want my money,i'll give you but with your butts to my bed.'Jaiye explained.
'When will you change?' Paul asked.
'Perhaps marriage will change you.'Jacob said checking his wristwatch.
'I pity that young woman,who has decided to walk down the aisle with you.'Paul lamented.
'Common man,i'm not that bad...'Jaiye laughed.
'Who is travelling with you to America?'Paul asked.
'Franklin is going with me,i'm buying the best suit i can find.'Jaiye laughed.
'So guys,since my place is the nearest,lets go over,the match starts in an hours time.'Paul said gulping the last glass.
'Good idea.'Jaiye smiled.
'Women...good,football....good,drinking...good,be careful man.'Jacob said slapping Jaiye lightly at the back as they got up to leave.Each man to his ride.
Jane and Jacob had met to settle their grieviances,the two love birds were back again.It is true that people you love,when they walk away would come back,if truly they are yours.
Funmi would not stop talking about Jane in the house,that was one part he loved.
One of those weekends,Jane came visiting.They had just had a home cooked lunch of semovita and egusi soup with assorted meat and snails.Courtsey of Aunty Janet.
Jacob had finished his own helping,and even asked for more.Jane was a good cook to say the least.
He sat across her from the sofa,
'How are my two girlfriends.'Jacob asked.
'They're both fine,i called them yesterday.'
'I called them this morning too.'Jacob said'Jane........I got you a new car.' he said quietly.
Jane looked up,at him,
'I have a car already.'
'The car funmi gave to you,i want you to drive a car,i bought with my own money honey.'
'Thank you so much sweetheart.'Jane said.
'Come and sit here.'Jay said,and Jane came to sit by him.He kissed her softly on her lips.
'You're too far away,i want you by myside always.'
'As your lordship pleases.'Jane smiled.
'I got myself a job yesterday.'She said.
'A job? I was coming to that..so what about this job?'
'I was given an appointment letter yesterday at their headquarters.'
'Which position were you offered?'
'The Human Resources Manager.'Jane answered,unconsciously playing with Jacob's finger.
'How's the pay?'
'Its good.'
'How much honey?'
'Its 80000 for a start.'Jane smiled.
'Thats a meagre sum.'
'Jacob,thats for a start.'Jane protested.
'Whats the name of the company?' he asked.
'Hmm,J&J Corporations...' 
'J&J corporations Ltd,their headquarter is situated at Iju Lekki and they have branches all over Nigeria and beyond.'Jacob finished for her.
'Oh,you know it already.'
'I know the owner.'
'Really? Thats interesting,i just hope you didn't put in a word for me.'
'Why?'
'Because,i want a job i deserve,i want to convince myself that i'm capable enough.'
'Anyway,you can't work there.' Jacob said standing up.
'Why?'
'You really want to know?'Jacob smiled.
'Yes.'
'Thats Jaiyes company.'
Jane looked confused,what was he talking about,she hadn't even known,the company belonged to Jaiye as she had not met him on her three visit.
Moreover,whats the big deal in working for him,she thought.
'For one,i didn't know its his,and again what is wrong in working for him?'Jane asked innocently.
'Well,you won't understand,you just can't work there.' Jacob maintained his stand.
Jane was perplexed,
'Is it that you don't trust me around him?'
'On the contrary,i don't trust him around you,i'm not comfortable with him aroud you,you do not entice a dog with fresh meat and bone.'Jacob said.
'And i'm the bone right?'
'Yes.'
'Sweetheart,would you stop speaking in parables.'Jane pleaded with him,Jacob stood by her,lowering his frame to hers on the chair,he gently placed his hand on her hair,tracing it down to her neck as she flinched.
'I want you safe by me always,i don't want to gamble with you.'He paused in his words,to kiss her.This time in hot passion and anger,Jane could feel his hot lips and then something fierce,a burning rage from within.Suddenly he stopped kissing her.
'Oh my my,i can't believe you're this jealous.'
'Yes,i am.'Jacob said.'I don't entertain rabid dogs around my property.' 
'Jane,i can get ruthless with any one because of you.'He grinned.
'Calm down honey,i get your point,but i can't stay idle,i'm young and strong?an idle mind they say is the devil's construction company.'
'If you want to work,you will,but not under anybody,you will be your own boss,you will have people in your employ and not the other way around.'
'Oh Jacob,you're so sweet.'Jane smiled.
'So what do you suggest?'
'How about lying here with me all day,i just want to smile into your eyes every minute and kiss your soft lips.'Jacob said.
'No,no,i'm talking about work?'
'Oh,that? Its up to you?'
'I'll like to dabble into importing and exporting.'
'That'll be too stressful,and i don't want you jumping from plane to places.'
'I prefer a large complex for a supermart.'
'With all my certificate? A supermart?'
'You'll have chain of stores,and it will be the largest.' Jacob boasted.
'I'm working for you alone,the money i make is for you to spend,and i'll teach you how to spend it.'
'If thats what you want then.' Jane agreed.
'I'ld have to consult people to learn more.'
'Don't worry,i have agents trained in that,they'll get a well patronised business point,when all is done,i'll notify you.'
'Just like that.' jane asked.
'Yes honey.' he sat beside her,holding her hands in his.
'This time,i want nothing to come between us,because we're walking down the aisle together.'
Jane breathed in,sending back the tears that stung to the back of her throat.
'And i will fight you with anyone,with the last breath in me.'She said in her mind.
'I love you baby.'Jacob said,his mouth to her hair.
'I love you honey.' Jane smiled.
Biola was full of gratitude to God,when Jane explained to her,all that Jacob discussed with her.She adviced her to be strong and yet be submissive to her soon to be husband.
Jane thanked her profusely,as Biola informed her about her plans for her wedding.She and Funmi had decided everything this afternoon,when they had lucnh together.
In two weeks time,her mother would take her vows.
'Mother,will you still be living here.' Jane asked.
'Ofcourse not,i'll be moving in with Kenneth,i want to take you to his place,its very big and beautiful,he's so rich,and he'd been pretending as an average man all this while.'Biola burstled in excitement.
'Wow,and what was the rationale for that?'
'He wanted to be sure i loved him for who he is and not his money.'
Jane embraced her mother,
'I'm so happy for you.'
'We'll be having our honeymoon in Vernice,italy.' Biola said.
'Thats so lovely,God bless him for us.'
Mother and daughter were locked in an embrace,this was getting better than imagined.
Mrs A. Thomas,formerly Ajoke had been full of excitement,when Jane told her that Jacob proposed,she kept screaming over the phone and extracted a promise out of Jane to take her out one of this days for celebration.
Jane filled her in,on every available information and invited her to Biola's wedding party,to which she agreed.
The two ladies shared their happiness with eachother,with Ajoke telling her to hurry up as marriage was a beautiful thing.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
In the evening Jacob called to ask,if she would like to attend Jaiye's party,a party organised for him by friends and colleagues for his move from bachelorhood to marriage life.As his wedding was just in a weeks time.He was getting married to the only daughter of the minister of finance,Cynthia Brown.
It would be fun,Jacob said to entice her along,but her spirit didn't feel like it.And moreover,her mother and kenneth were having a night out and their househelp had travelled,so she wanted to enjoy the solitude in the house.
Jacob informed her that he'll be leaving for the party anytime soon before ending the call.
Jane prepared herself a warm bath,she showered relieving the tension in her,she had just got out of the bath,the towel hung loosely on her body and water drizzled from her now fresher skin,curtesy of mummy funmi,who took her to a beauty spa barely three days ago,when her bedroom door flung open in a haste,she froze in fright as her eyes stayed glued to the door.
'Now that you've decided to move in with me,l'm happy again.'Detoun said holding Hannah's hands.
They had become soul sisters overnight,with one watching over the other.
Thanks to Kelvin,her stalker turned friend who assisted them in carting her bags and boxes from the school hostel to her new abode off campus with his car.
Though,Hannah was two levels ahead of her,she didn't feel bad.They left the house together in the morning and headed to their various department in the school.
Her ex roommates were sad to see her leave,even pink shirt had pretended to be sad too,it was later when they were alone that he confided in her that he was most happy when he heard she was leaving the hostel.
This is because,Rukayat had clung to him like a scorpion refusing to be detached,but now that the girls no longer stayed together,he would be able to come visit her regularly.
Hannah had chided him for thinking like that,but at the same time she was more than glad.
Academic work had began again,this was the second semester.She was doing well in her studies,she had been most surprised,that Detoun came third place in her faculty,she was an academic guru.
Jacob and Jane had been very excited when she informed them,Jacob called them regularly and often sent Bash,to deliver money and goodies to them.For that they were grateful.
She was glad that,Rukayat was yet to find out about her and Ade,but come to think of it,they were not really dating,just enjoying each others company,and that didn't sound like a criminal act.
She cherished each moment,she spent with him,encouraging him to do more.
Three weeks gone from the academic calendar already.
Detoun seemed too serious with her studies,no time for extra curricular activities,little wonder her result was that good.Hannah didn't see anything getting serious between her and her stalker friend,Kelvin who visited regularly,perhaps Detoun was hiding her feelings she couldn't tell.
It was a beautiful saturday afternoon,the girls had just had a superlucnh of Amala and egusi soup after scrubbing and washing all morning.
They were relaxing in their mini sitting room watching a movie over two cans of coke.
Detoun's phone rang,and she checked the caller id,showing the screen to Hannah,the two girls burst into laughter.
Detoun picked the call,and had a long chat with Mitchell.

He had been constantly on her neck,ever since he got her number,even though Detoun had politely declined his request.But he was being adamant.He'd even asked for her address in school.
As Detoun dropped her cell phone on the chair,Hannah took a long look at her.
'You don't like him?' she asked.
Well,its not like that,who wouldn't like him,he's tall,handsome,sexy and the way he smiles is just heavenly,i just can't bring myself to care in that special way for any man again. 
'Yes' Detoun said.
'You sure?' she asked again.
'Ofcourse.'Toun said,turning up the volume of the Tv set.
The girls continued to watch their movie.
Hannah wondered if Detoun was pushing away every man on purpose,if that was the case,she needs to see a psychologist soon.
When it was evening,she dressed up,Ade had asked to meet with her at the school club.Detoun refused to tag along,saying she had work to do.
Hannah had been sitting for five minutes before Ade finally showed up.
Pulling out a seat by her,he pecked her on the cheeks.
'Hey sweet,sorry i kept you waiting.'Ade said,calling the waiter to order for drinks.
Please,kiss me again,she blushed lightly,Who else should keep me waiting,other than you,Hannah thought.
'I just wanted to have a look at your pretty face.'Ade smiled.
Me too,if not do you think,i'ld be here.
'Thats cool'Hannah said.'
The waiter served their drinks,and Ade filled their glass.
They'd been sitting,for over an hour,they had nothing of importance to say to each other,Ade had just brought her here to feast his eyes on her.
After another one hour of smiling and breathing in and out,he saw her out.Taking a bike after one of his friends called him on the phone.
Hannah wondered,if she should take a bike,or trek as it was a cool evening.
She decided on the latter.she had almost gotten to the school gate,when she saw Rukayat on the bike,she had just gotten down and was paying the man.
Hannah greeted her,even though her body shook in wary,what if Rukayat had seen her with Ade?she would have been in cool trouble.
'Where are you off to?'Hannah asked.
'To the school club.'Rukayat answered.
Jesus,i thank you o,Hannah sang in her mind.
[b]'You have a date with someone?'Hannah asked.
'No,a friend just called me that he saw Ade there with a lady,but she couldn't recognise the lady,as she didn't see her face very well.'
May God punish the silly girl who called you,that was a narrow escape,she sighed.
'I wish you good luck,on your mission.' Hannah said.
'Let me hurry up,before they leave,i swear i will deal with whoever is frustrating my effort with Ade.'Rukayat swore.
After waving each other bye,Hannah let out a big sigh,thanks to her stars,she waved down a bike man and left for home.
The front door was closed,whenn she arrived home,so she let herself in with her key,it was a bit dark,you could still see,but not too clearly.
She was dazed with what she saw,her eyes were about to pop off its socket.
Jane had never seen Lucy in this manner before,she looked rough and shaken,fright embedded in her two beautiful eyes that were now red from crying.
She tightened the towel on her body,as she allowed Lucy to sit on her bed.
'What happened to you?' Jane asked.
Rather than answer,Lucy burst into fresh tears.Jane stood up,offering her a pack of Klenex,and giving her time to cry,within that time,she had changed into a more decent cloth,a white polo on black shorts.
'Can you talk now.'Jane asked.
'Yes.' Lucy answered.
What ever happened to her must be terrible,for her to be in this state of mind.
'Whats the problem?' Jane asked again.
'I'm pregnant.'
'What?'Jane was surprised.'You mean,you're .....i mean...'Jane stammered,she relaxed her jaunting nerves.
'Yes,....i'm pregnant.'Lucy confirmed.
'What happened to.........condom?'
Lucy was quiet.
Little wonder,she was about to cry off her head.
'How many months?'
'I'm 17 weeks gone.'She said quietly.
'Oh no!'
'When did you find out?'
'Just this afternoon.'Lucy sneezed.'I've been having a regular menstrual cycle,i noticed some changes in my body,thats why i did a home test,and it was positive.'
'You just have three months to your final exams,there's nothing to worry about?'
'There is everything to worry about.'Lucy sighed.
'I just hope you're not considering murder,because i'll not be a party to it.'
'Murder?'
'Yes,its the same as abortion.'
'What do i do?'
'Tell your boyfriend.'
Jane had never seen such fright before,Lucys' eyes sparkled,and water poured down in torrent.Lucy looked afraid and terror stricken.
'I can't tell him.'
'Why?'
'I love him so much Jane.'
'Is that why you can't tell him.'
'No,you can't understand.'
Jane sighed,Lucy looked confused than ever.
'Inform him that you're carrying his child,or....don't tell me you don't know who is responsible for this.'
'I can't tell him.'
'Why.'
Lucy began to cry again,and then she explained to Jane that,he is an artist from a wealthy home just as hers,she was afraid that he would punch out the baby,the guy was a terrorist from what Jane could deduce.He had been beating her since the first month of their relationship,but Lucy loved him too much to leave him.How was she to tell him,she was carrying a baby they didn't plan.
Jane was perplexed.
'He beats you?'
'Regularly.'
'Your boyfriend beats you'.Jane said over and over,she was finding it hard to register that part of the confession in her brain.
'I love him so much.'Lucy said.
That sentence irritated her,is love an excuse to batter a woman.Is love a license to beat her?So behind a lousy Lucy,lay a fragile young heart.
This was not something,they could discuss in a hurry,she wiped off Lucys' tears,washed her face,before seeing her into their house,promising to come see her tomorrow for a better talk.
Jane was closing the sitting room door,when her mother arrived.The older woman smiled in content gisting her daughter about her date with her husband to be.
It was late when Jane retired to her bedroom,she wondered why Jacob hadn't call,probably he was still at Jaiyes party.
She tried his number,after it rang twice,he picked it.
She placed the phone to her ears and listened for Jacob's rich baritone voice,rather it was a lady who answered,telling her he was busy and should not be bothered with calls.
That was definitely not Jackie,nor Funmi,the lady sounded rude on the conversation.
Her eyes to the wall clock,it was quarter past ten,where was Jacob?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by typompy234(f): 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
welldone flakky..
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Like a woman who has just just seen a group of oro cultist,she turned back and tiptoed carefully back to the door.Closing the door gently but firm.What she had just seen had better be reality.
Hannah sat on a bench in the quiet compound,enjoying a field day with her phone,smiling to herself.
Soon afterwards,Kelvin came out with Detoun trotting behind him like a shy bride.Detoun was probably wondering why Hannah chose to sit outside than come in,it was pitch dark already.
Hannah decided not mention a word about what she saw,when she went in,it was late after dinner that she brought up the issue.
The rain had threatened to pour down,but it didn't,the lightening was rumbling and the weather was cold.Hannah wore her nightie while Detoun wore a singlet and shorts.
Hannah explained in details all that happened in the evening,while Detoun opened her mouth surprised and at the same time happy that Rukayat hadn't suspected a thing.
'I have never liked this idea of yours.'She complained to Hannah.
'It could get dangerous you know.'
Hannah sighed, 'Its not like i'm really dating him.' Yeah,i'm not dating him,i just enjoy his company and the feel of his hands over my hand.And i love staring into his blue eyeballs till i can stare no more.
'So what do we call that?a mini dating or a micro love?' Detoun laughed.
'Whatever.....,its not like i was caught kissing or wriggling over a man i confess not to be interested in.'Hannah said
Detoun choked on nothing,she rushed to the kitchen to have a drink of cold water.Was that to say Hannah saw them on the couch this evening?it had better not be.
[b]'What happened to you?'Hannah asked innocently.
'It was nothing.' she replied.
'What were we saying?'Hannah asked.
'Nothing,i want to catch some sleep.'
'Not so fast swirie,i was talking about kissing and cuddling on a couch.'Hannah pretended to have just remembered their last chat.
'Oh,is that?' Detoun yawned noisily.
'Yes.' 
'Did you come into the house this evening?'Detoun asked expecting a no.
'Ofcourse,i did,and i saw what i was not supposed to see.'Hannah said giggling like a baby.
Oh,she caught us,what do i say happened,i better be honest.
'You did see us then.'
'Yes,i did.'Hannah smiled.
'Actually,it....'
'You don't have to say anything,you're mature enough to make your decisions.'
'I can't really explain or rather,i don't know how to put it.'Okay,its like this,i get dizzy around him,my stomach churns each time,our body,hands or eyes contact,he's always busy but he still finds time to be with me.And damn,i'm beginning to like him.Today was our first kiss,slow but satisfying,hot but fulfilling.and it was so sweet.you know that taste,when you put vanilla iced cream in your mouth.I can't explain the funny things that kiss did to me.How his hand came to rest on my bosom is what i can't explain though.And while i'm thinking of him,my body craves for his touch,and its about to rain too.
'I'm listening.'Hannah said.
'We got talking this evening,and the next thing he kissed me and i kissed him back.'
'How was the kiss?'
'Great and....hot too.'
Great? Hot? Don't get me thinking,i wish i was with Ade now.And how would it feel like to be kissed with those sexy lips,i mean kissing not pecking,something deep and ....whatever.
'Interesting! And the cuddling?'
'I don't know about that.' Detoun said.
The two girls adviced each other,on how to deal with men.

Detoun and Kelvin seemed to be getting closer as each day passed by,once he arrived from work,he would come hang around with them.He seemed to be the serious type anyway.And that made Hannah relax her guard.

After the episode,Hannah began to feel her bones jumping each time she was with him.She just couldn't say it.And she was being careful not to allow herself get seen with him.They met at angles,and discreet places.The fewer people who saw them together,the better for them.
But as they say everyday is for the thief and one day is for the owner.
It was as if,that one day was near,when what she had been dreading happened a week later.
Jacob had called her in the morning to explain that,he left the party late,he drove himself,so he checked into an hotel to pass the night.
Jane decided not to bring up the issue of last nights' call,charging it to network inconsistency.She had probably heard wrong.She got up but it was still early,she got back into bed,ruminating over her previous discussion with Jacob.
She felt so happy within her,that he cared so much about her.She had always wanted to work in an office but here he was,not wanting her to work under anyone's employ-especially Jaiye.
A bit of Jealousy is healthy in a relationship,she knew,she only prayed he didn't get overprotective of her.She would soon become her own boss,she would have to sign other people's pay slip.God bless Jacob's heart for her.
After sometime,she got up to take her bath,cleaned up the kitchen and the sitting room before preparing breakfast.Bibi ate before leaving for work.
Jane also had breakfast,she was trying to remember what happened to her last night..oh she remembered now.It was Lucy.Her lousy lucy was pregnant for a woman crusher.
She dressed up and went over to Lucy's house,there was no one at home save her.As she entered her room,she saw her trying to hid something behind her.
Jane noticed her dishevelled room,and Lucy looked sad than ever,she wondered what was going through her mind right now and if someone else was aware of her state.
Knowing she had been caught,Lucy flung the picture away,Jane picked it.It was just the picture of an artist,one of Jane's favorite too.
'You like him too.' Jane asked.
'I love TaliRoyce.'She saiid flatly.
'He's my favorite artist too,his music are genuie and heart touching.There's a style to his songs that makes you want to fall in love over and over again'
'Yes,his love music are so real.'
'He does inspirational musics too,he's one of my top ten most preferred artist.' Jane said admiring the young man in the picture.
'Have you watched any of his mucisal videos?'
'Ofcourse,i have a couple of them on my phone,he's so real and gifted,handsome too.'
Lucy gave a short laught that did not reach her heart.
'I'll give anything to have a date with him.'
'You're saying his girlfriend must be lucky then.'She asked Hannah.
'Ofcourse,he's an artist with local and international recognition.'
'And he's worth million's of naira.'Lucy stated.
'I can see you're feeling better today.'
'Yes,whenever i talk about him,it lightens my mood.'Lucy smiled through her eyes.
'You must be an apt fan of his.'
'Yes.'
'I do love his music.'Jane said.
'But,i love the man in him.'
'Have you ever met him?'
'TaliRoyce?'
'Yes.'Jane answered.
'He's the father of the child i'm carrying.' Lucy said breaking into tears.
Jane was at loss of what to say,as she kept her calm and remained silent watching as water drops formed a pool on Lucy's face.
To say she was shocked was the least,she was trying to comprehend it all but it seemed diffficult.
TaliRoyce was an artist who portrayed the human feeling of love as indispensable to people of opposite sex.He sang about love with a rare geniuty that made you want to fall in love over and over again.
Why was it that he knew little or nothing of a word he had made his personal anthem.If Lucy was right then Tali was a failure where matters of the heart were conncerned.
Jane dropped the picture and wiped away Lucy's tear.Lucy got up from the bed and brought out,an album of beautiful memories captured on paper.
'You've been seeing him for how many months now?'she asked Lucy.
'Twelve months and still counting.'
'Is the only one you're seeing?'
'No.'
'I mean intimately?'
'No'
'So,how sure are you?'
'I and Greg have not.....'
'Greg,thats the one i was trying to remember,he's the one you told me about.'Jane said.
'Yes,we've not been on good terms for over four months now.'
'Apart from those two,any other person?'
'None.'
'This is a calamity that could have been avoided,if you two had protected yourself.'Jane sighed,taking a glance at the album.
'He hates the mere mention of condom.'
'Now,he'll love the mere mention of kids then.'
'Kids?'
'What if they are two or three in there?'
Lucy laughed,'Then will i know,that this is a punishment from God.'
'Children are God gifts not punishment.'
'How about we change body for the next five months.'Lucy said.
'Is that to saying you're keeping it?'
'Yes.' Jane embraced her.
'Is anyone else aware?'
'Yes,i informed my mother this morning.'
'And?'
'She asked me to get rid of it,because father would not want to hear about this.'
'Thats insane!'Jane exclaimed.
'My mother is insane?'
'That idea is insane.' Jane stated as a matter of fact.
Lucy looked at her for a long time,
'I have made up my mind not to inform him.'
'What if he finds out?'
'Thats like denying him knowledge and existence of his child.'
'I can't tell him.'
'Why'
'He going to be mad at me and.... ..... ...'
'Beat you up? In this condition?'
Jane shook her head,Lucy agreed to register for ante-natal,the next day she arrived at school.As she still had her final papers to write,probably three months.
Jane helped her arrange the room,while she took her bath.They had lucnh in the sitting room and Lucy ate well.By the time she was leaving,Lucy looked better than when she arrived.
She saw Jacob's car parked outside the gate.But he was not in it.she entered into the compound as he was about coming out,and so they collided,Jacob was fast to grab Jane.Each laughing at the accident.
They exchanged pleasantries as Jane led him in,unlocking the door to the sitting room.He sat down while she poured him a glass of cold water.
'So what brings you this evening.'She asked,sitting by him.
'I came to have a look at your pretty face.'he said placing his hands on her cheeks.he excused himself for a minute.
He came in minutes later holding a shopping bag.
'What do you have in there?'
'The brides' friends attire.'
'What attire?' Jane said getting the bag from him,she brought out a pink dress sealed in another bag among other clothes,a set of jewellry,a pair of statement heels and a bowl of ice cream and hamburger.
Jacob picked the pink dress,
'The bride's friends are to wear this.' he said.
'How come i made that list?'
'You're Jacob Smith fiancee,the best man to the groom.'
'But,we've only met once.'
'You talk too much sweetheart,do you like the dress?'
'Ofcourse i do,its lovely and my size too.'
'I stopped at a store to get the other items to go along,i hope i made some good choices.'He asked smiling.
'You did better.'
'The shopkeeper helped me anyway.'
'I thought as much.'
'I brought this because,i'll be very busy,come tomorrow and friday,Bash will come to pick you Saturday morning.'
'Thanks sweetheart.'
'I'm missing you already.'He said pulling her into his embrace,Jane's head to his chest.The two lovers remained quiet for some minute,it seemed like eternity,before Jacob kissed her cheeks.
'I'll miss you more.' Jane said.
'I love you.' They spoke at the same time laughing as she walked him to his car.
She watched him drive off before going in,saturday on her mind.Jaiye would be tieing the knot with Cynthia.........All things equal she would be walking down the aisle with Jacob in a matter of months.
Well,he is handsome as you and i know,and he's a runner on the bed too........And each time i remember his bedmatics,i'm drawn to him all over.........KaTHeriNe

Sleep had defiled her beautiful but now tired face and body,the time must be around 10pm,she was still in the brides' friends wear,the pink body fitted gown looked hot on her today.

As she hadn't missed the numerous glances of appreciation she received at the wedding.Jacob looked the best man he was supposed,she loved his looks too.Needless to say,she caught the eyes of ladies sending him warm invites with their face and body.

She sighed,this was one man she had to hold on tight.With much effort she dragged her tired body from the bed,and pulled off the satin lacy material before taking a shower.She opened her wardrobe,and picked her nightie.

Her stomach rumbled from hunger,she had only taken a bottle of drink at the party,she went off to the kitchen to make a glass of tea,there was bread in the frigde.she sat on the couch,switching on the plasma tv for company to push the food down her throat.

She remembered the bride's smiling face when she made her vows with her husband.Jane smiled too,and she felt good from within.as she placed the cup to her mouth,something flashed in her memory,she was trying hard to remember what it was.

Oh,Katherine.....Jacob introduced her at the party,the lady was one hell of a beauty with her glowing skin,her smile could light a candle and as she spoke,her voice was beautiful,she had it all.The lady made her comfortable,not until she was set to leave,she made a remark that got her on her feet.The words sounded heavy in her heart,she gulped the tea and returned to her bedroom.

Calling Jay was the first idea that came to mind,she thought against doing that.Katherine made it sound like,she was still seeing Jay when she wanted to.Or is she aware that Jacob and her had not... ..? No,how would she know that.

For a split seconds,she doubted Jacob's sincerity to her,he was a man afterall with blood in his veins,he'd been sexually active before she hit him with her,no-sex-until-marriage-nonsense.Probably he was getting his satisfaction somewhere else.Never! She would give him the benefit of doubt.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
His phone rang but no one was picking it.She had just arrived from church.Jacob was not a church goer,he would probably be at the club now.
She thought about,giving him a surprise there,but decided against that.she was relaxing with an excited Bibi who would not stop discussing about her wedding in five days time when Jacob returned her call asking if she would be free for the evening.To which she screamed yes.

''That was Jacob.'' Biola said emphatically.Stretching out her legs as she relaxed into her seat,her eyes fixed on the television.''Yes'' Jane said,filling Bibi's glass with juice.

Biola averted her gaze and turned to her daughter,''He's damn lucky to have you.' she smiled sweetly.''I think you should reserve this lovely smiles for friday.''Jane teased her mother as she got up to leave.
''I've got more than enough.''Biola laughed again.

In a matter of minutes,Jane was ready to leave,she bade her mother bye and drove off in her newest car,spewing dust into the air.
''Its so sweet to see your beautiful face dear.''Jacob said smiling warmly into her eye.
Jane smiled too,letting her long lean hands rest on the mass of hair on his chest.It felt peaceful from within just being close to him.
''I love you sweetheart.'Jane said,when he kissed her forehead.she felt a tingling excitement down her throat.He was the man she had come to cherish,love and adore.Inspite of his busy schedules,he found time for her.

'And you Janet,is the very best thing that ever happened to me.'Jacob said leaning up a bit,he scooped a spoon of vanilla ice cream in Jane's mouth.Jane picked the fork and a knife,and cut a part of the grilled chicken.Picking the meat with the fork,she asked Jacob to open his mouth.
Jacob opened his mouth,''Wider''Jane said raising the fork to his lips,without warning she pretended to want to kiss him,but rather she snatched the meat from the fork with her teeth.
Jacob fought her,for the meat.But jane had swallowed it.In place of the meat,he kissed her soft lips,Jane went stiff in his arms,before realising that Jacob had broke the kiss.
She pulled him closer and kissed him too,she loved the taste of his lips in her mouth.Jacob never one to miss an opportunity,let his hands glide down her back to her deriere,gently cradling her to himself.

It was late in the evening when Jane set to leave,Jacob was about to say something when a call came on his phone.
''Hello Katherine.''he said moving towards the extreme end of the room to answer his caller.

In two minutes he was back,''Sweetheart''Jacob called.
''Yes darling.''Jane looked up.She wondered what he had to say that made his face become gloom all of a sudden.
''Is everything alright?'' Jane asked him,watching a crease of frown on his forehead.''Its okay,its just that i changed my mind.'He said sitting on the couch.

''About what?'' Jane was starting to get worried now.''I think you should work.'' Jacob said without looking at her face,he seemed to be hiding something.

''You mean,getting a job and all that?''

''Yes.''

Jane wondered what made him change his mind.''I'll get you a job in a reputable company and come Monday,you'll start work.''he finished.

''Since when have you been thinking about this?'Jane asked with a glint of worry in her eye.
''Just this morning.'Jacob said as a matter of fact.
''Whatever you decide is okay by me.'Jane said.

Jacob relaxed now,
''We'll meet at the registry on friday,my regards to your mother.''
''Thanks.'Jane said.
When a knock came on the door,
''Are you expecting someone?''
''No''
The door opened,and Jackie sauntered in rocking a white chiffon blouse with black leggings to go,she looked excited and all.
'Hey Jane.''She smiled walking into the room.
''I didn't know you were in,is this how you've been coming without bothering to say hello.'Jackie said,feigning annoyance.
''Not all.'Jane smiled.''I'm sorry.''
''Its alright dear.''
''Good evening brother.''
''Hi bigger sis.'' Jacob said.''You look tired.'
''Yes i am,you know Mallam Sanbisa right? The minister of Agriculture,today is his daughter Zaynab Sanbisa's Nikkai ceremony at Nee gardens.Jackie bridals planned the event.''
''Wow,one more feather to your cap girl.'' Jay said.
''My girls are at the party,clearing and packing,i rushed home to give you a goodnews,and i can't find mother inside.'' Jackie blushed happily.
''Goodnews?''Jacob asked again.
''You know what?Jane is set to leave its getting late already,you'll tell me later..... .....''
''No one is leaving yet.''Jackie said,she brought her hands forward,raising it for the duo to see,on her third finger sat a shinning diamond ring.
''Wow!''Jacob and Jane exclaimed. 
''This is lovely.''Jane said coming closer to admire the ring.
'Well,thats because....Danjuma proposed this afternoon.'Jackie screamed in delight.
''Sis,i'm so happy for ..... ......'.

The beep of Jackie's phone,cut him short.Jackie excused,and picked the call,it was a strange number.
She had just been on the phone for less than a minute,when she screamed dropping the phone.

In an instant,she was falling,but before she could slump,Jacob caught her,peering at her face.Jackie had just fainted.
The two girls proved to be good company for each other,Hannah was succeeding in making the scales fall out of Adetoun's face.
It seemed Adetoun and Kelvin were growing fonder of each other as the days wore on.Hannah noticed this and was happy for her.

Not less than a week,that she had seen Rukayat,the day she went out with Ade.The two had a date,well,it was not really a date.Ade had asked to see her as usual,but this time around in his place.

Hannah had been afraid at first,but it was Ade who had asked her not someone else and she had no reason to be afraid.It was a bright saturday afternoon.

He lived alone in a room apartment,the moment she stepped in she was taken aback with the neatness of the room.Everything seemed to be in place.

Ade welcomed her with a hug,after chatting for a while,he offered her a pack of juice,pouring two glass,one for himself and the other for her.
Ade asked her to date him,Hannah thought she hadn't heard right.
''You're asking me to be your girlfriend?''Hannah asked again,she couldn't contain her joy,but pretended to be considering him shifting away from him a bit.
'Yes,i'm asking for a relationship.'Ade said serious,wondering what his fate would be this time around.

''What about Rukayat?'' Hannah asked cautiously.
''We both know,she was merely a substitute,and i'm fed up with her,its you i want Hanny.''
Hannah sighed,''I dislike making quarell,and i know what Rukayat is capable of.''
''What are you suggesting?'Ade asked.
''I would prefer it if you come out with a clean break.''
''I'll do anything for you Hanny.''Ade smiled.
''Me too.''
''And i have never stopped loving you.''
Hannah blushed.
''Same here.''

Ade pulled her close,planting a kiss on her lips,''i have waited for the day when you would be mine.''he smiled.
''My heart is with you.''

The lovers kissed for a long time,enjoying each others company.Ade made her laugh with his constant joke.

It was in the evening,when Hannah was set to leave.There was a loud thud on the door,followed by heavy bannging.
Hannah and Ade looked at each other,fear was bold inscripted on Hannah's face,her fingers began to shake.Her mind was troubled,she needed no soothsayer to know it was Rukayat.

Ade told her to remain calm,and be composed,he was here and nothing would happen to her.

''Open this door now,or let it forever remain closed.''Rukayat's voice boomed from the other side of the door.

Jane was shaking already as she arranged her hair and adjusted her clothes.

Ade opened the door,letting Rukayat in.

''Gboa'' a heavy slap landed on a surprised Ade's face.
''What?'' 
''How dare you cheat on me with this? She pointed to the lady sitted.

Hannah's heart was in her mouth,with fear and guilt written all over her face.

As Hannah and Rukayat's face met,Rukayat stopped all of a sudden like someone who had just fallen out of a trance.

''Its you Hannah.'' Rukayat asked surprised and confused at the same time.

Hannah who was tongue tied already maintained her calm.

''Oh my God,i didn't know,you were the one sitted.'' she repeated.

Ade angled his face to a corner and watched as a former boiling Rukayat went on her knees.

''I'm so sorry dear.'She pleaded.

Hannah's mouth opened in surprise.

''It was a wrong information,when someone called me that a lady has been with you all day''she explained in tears.''I thought you were cheating on me with another girl,i didn't know it was Hannah that was with you.' she burst into sobs.

Hannah heaved a sigh of relieve,thanking God for saving her head this evening.

''Well,its me.''She said haven found her stolen voice.

''You should learn to be patient Rukayat,i have always told you that.'' Hannah said.

''Pls forgive me Ade,i'm sorry for my actions.''Rukayat pleaded placing her hands on his leg.

Ade looked at her,moving away from where she knelt.
''Thanks for making this easier than i thought.''Ade smiled.

''It is over between us.'' he walked out slamming the door.

''Pls don't let him go,Hannah please plead with him for me,he's leaving me,i'm sorry.....i'm so sorry Ade.'' She wailed louder.

Hannah tried to console her,as the two left together.

Adetoun listened with rapt attention as Hannah gave her a full account of what happened that evening.
''That was interesting.'' Toun laughed when Hannah came to the end of the drama.

''You wouldn't say that,if you were in my shoes right there in the middle of action.'Hannah laughed drinking water from a glass.

''So,the hunter finally became the hunted.''Adetoun said.

''You needed to see Ade acting,i was surprised and happy in all.''

''Lucky you girl.''Adetoun said''Dinner is ready,i'm famished.'

''Me too.''

''I can't wait to go home come thursday for Mother's wedding.''

''My thought too.''
''Life in itself is a mystery,that men can't fully comprehend,take heart my dear.'' Mrs Smith was saying,sitting on a couch in the living room,her right arm across a weeping Jackie.

''I understand how you feel dear,don't fall sick,you've been crying two days now.''Funmi said cleaning Jackie's face with a clean hanky.

To all this,Jackie sighed,staring hard at nothing.

''Mother,i'm twenty eight,and this is the second man to ever propose to me,and now he's dead too,Funmi i'm ruined.''Jackie wailed as fresh tears rolled down her plump cheek,her heart sang sorrow,she looked tired from crying.

''God forbid.''Funmi said,waving her hand over her dauhgters head.''You're not ruined,you're the fruit of my womb and you're a blessing to this generation.''

Jacob strolled in carrying a briefcase,behind him was Jane.They walked into the sitting room.

Jane knelt by Jackie holding her hands,''I'm so sorry about Danjuma.''

Jackie merely nodded her head.

Funmi tied a blue iro and buba with a silver shoe to go,her brazillian weavon flowed freely about her shoulders,with a little makeup,a young man could confuse her for 40.

''I'm so sorry about Jackie's fiance.'Biola hugged her friend.

''Thanks dear.''

''And to think,he proposed that same day.''Biola said sitting by her friend. 

''Jackie has been throw into despair,i'm looking up to God to console her.''Funmi gave a weak smile,it was evident that her daughters sorrow was weighing her down.''But she's beginning to pull herself together anyway.''

Biola shaked her head in pity.

''Let that not spoil our mood,its your wedding tomorrow,whats left.''Funmi asked forcing a smile to her face.

''You made a final tour of the last list,i don't think there's anything left.''

''And the cake?''

''Oh,i almost forgot,I don't think Jackie can do that again.''Biola said.

''She will,her girls will,she will never dissappoint a customer,her mother's bosom friend at that.''The two women laughed.

'Thats all then.''Biola said.

''How's Kenneth?''

''He's fine,and can't wait to get married to me.''Biola said giggling.''He left my place not quite long.''

''I'll be here by 9 to pick you up for the wedding.''Funmi said.

Biola smiled to herself.

''Why are you smiling''?Funmi winced at her friend.

''I'm just happy,my girls would be back from school today.''

''Good one,tomorrow's bride,lets order for something tasty to fill our mouth,i'm famished.''Biola laughed as she signalled to a waiter to come over.

The Odenuga's home burstled with activity,it was a full house since Hannah and Adetoun returned from school that evening.

''Are you girls done packing my things?''Bibi screamed from the kitchen.

''Mother,they can't you hear.''Jane said while going through her mother's wear for the wedding.

''Would you believe,Kenneth insisted on a white wedding gown,i had to carefully talk him into a white dress.''Biola laughed.

''Wow,lucky you.''

''What do you mean?''

''Nothing,just happy for you.''

Jane packed the dress into its case and handed to her mum,just then the two girls came in sweating.
''We're done packing.''Adetoun said finding a space for her a$s on the couch.

''So,you'll be moving to his house now.''Hannah said.

''Yes,i belong to my husband's house now.''

''But,your still our mother.''Hannah smiled hugging Biola.

Kenneth and Jacob arrived some minutes later.Dinner was noisy and fun with everyone gathered at the table laughing.

The men left later,it was late already.The girls stocked the used plated in the kitchen to wash later.

There was a knock on the door,
everyone looked at each other,wondering which of the men forgot something.

Hannah stood up to get the door,she opened it a little and peeped.
''Oh my'' she covered my mouth.''Look who we've got here.''she said looking at the others who were anxious to know the caller.
''You?''

Adetoun flashed her eyelashes in steamed surprise,''And what are you doing here,at this time of the night?''Adetoun asked as Mitchell pulled her away from the door towards the gate and outside where he parked his jeep.

''You ask too many questions pretty.''Mitchell said placing a finger on her lips,while Toun gently removed it.''You haven't answered me?''

''Your Bbm location changed to Lagos,and i took a wide guess you were home.''he scratched his well trimmed bears in a seductive manner,Toun pretended not to notice the undercurrent that was electrifying her body as they stood inches apart.

''So?''

''I wanted to see your pretty face.''he smiled warmly into the cold eyes that stared at him.

''Is that the reason you're here at this time of the day?its almost 8pm,what impression are you trying to create in front of my family?''Toun asked with a frown etched on her brows.

''Please don't get mad,tomorrow is my birthday party,and i want you to be there.'' he said calmly,his eyes drooling.He looked damn sexy.Oh my! Were did that thought come from?

''Is that supposed to be an invitation?''

''Yes.''

''Its a no from me,good night.''Toun made to stump away,but Mitchells' arm caught her hand,pulling her back,he held her against the car,his hands on her waist,before planting a kiss on her lips,Toun's lips parted slightly,sucking in air and steadying herself as she made to fall.The kiss broke abruptly as it had started.

The duo kept quiet,each to his own thought.
''I'm sorry.''

''For kissing me?''

''No,for breaking the kiss.''Mitchell answered,he seemed confident as he spoke.''I'll be expecting you 6pm tomorrow evening,i'll text you the address.''

With that,he got into the car and drove away,Toun watched his car zoom off,the man has some guts she thought,as she closed the gate.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
The Odenuga's home burstled with activity,it was a full house since Hannah and Adetoun returned from school that evening.

''Are you girls done packing my things?''Bibi screamed from the kitchen.

''Mother,they can't you hear.''Jane said while going through her mother's wear for the wedding.

''Would you believe,Kenneth insisted on a white wedding gown,i had to carefully talk him into a white dress.''Biola laughed.

''Wow,lucky you.''

''What do you mean?''

''Nothing,just happy for you.''

Jane packed the dress into its case and handed to her mum,just then the two girls came in sweating.
''We're done packing.''Adetoun said finding a space for her a$s on the couch.

''So,you'll be moving to his house now.''Hannah said.

''Yes,i belong to my husband's house now.''

''But,your still our mother.''Hannah smiled hugging Biola.

Kenneth and Jacob arrived some minutes later.Dinner was noisy and fun with everyone gathered at the table laughing.

The men left later,it was late already.The girls stocked the used plated in the kitchen to wash later.

There was a knock on the door,
everyone looked at each other,wondering which of the men forgot something.

Hannah stood up to get the door,she opened it a little and peeped.
''Oh my'' she covered my mouth.''Look who we've got here.''she said looking at the others who were anxious to know the caller.
''You?''

Adetoun flashed her eyelashes in steamed surprise,''And what are you doing here,at this time of the night?''Adetoun asked as Mitchell pulled her away from the door towards the gate and outside where he parked his jeep.

''You ask too many questions pretty.''Mitchell said placing a finger on her lips,while Toun gently removed it.''You haven't answered me?''

''Your Bbm location changed to Lagos,and i took a wide guess you were home.''he scratched his well trimmed bears in a seductive manner,Toun pretended not to notice the undercurrent that was electrifying her body as they stood inches apart.

''So?''

''I wanted to see your pretty face.''he smiled warmly into the cold eyes that stared at him.

''Is that the reason you're here at this time of the day?its almost 8pm,what impression are you trying to create in front of my family?''Toun asked with a frown etched on her brows.

''Please don't get mad,tomorrow is my birthday party,and i want you to be there.'' he said calmly,his eyes drooling.He looked damn sexy.Oh my! Were did that thought come from?

''Is that supposed to be an invitation?''

''Yes.''

''Its a no from me,good night.''Toun made to stump away,but Mitchells' arm caught her hand,pulling her back,he held her against the car,his hands on her waist,before planting a kiss on her lips,Toun's lips parted slightly,sucking in air and steadying herself as she made to fall.The kiss broke abruptly as it had started.

The duo kept quiet,each to his own thought.
''I'm sorry.''

''For kissing me?''

''No,for breaking the kiss.''Mitchell answered,he seemed confident as he spoke.''I'll be expecting you 6pm tomorrow evening,i'll text you the address.''

With that,he got into the car and drove away,Toun watched his car zoom off,the man has some guts she thought,as she closed the gate.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jane drove the girls home,they could not stop discussing about the wedding,Jane's make up was soiled already,she was tired from the running around and trying to be a homely host to the few invited friends.

Even the girls looked tired,Hannah got down packing up her blue satin gown as she opened the gate for her sister to drive in.
''You girls should get the cooler's and empty crate from the car before coming in.''Jane said as she walked in leaving the girls to pack.

It had been so stressful,from the registry to the small reception party,The Smiths were present,a few of her mother's family and Kenneth's people.Finally Biola was led to her new home.

Pulling down the zip of her dress,she peeled off her heels and made for the shower,a warm bath and a pillow was all that mattered.

A text flew into Adetoun phone,Hannah read the text aloud,it was an address.
''Have you made up your mind about going?''she asked applying a cleanser to her face with a cottonwool.

''Yes'' Adetoun answered from the bathroom.

''Do you want me to tag along?''

''That won't be neccessary,i can take care of myself girl.''

Adetoun walked into the room,with a white towel tied across her bosom.she began to apply her a sweet scenting body lotion.

''I still doubt Mitchell's sincerity,its not entirelly a good idea,you going over there.''Hannah voiced her doubt,which was a replica of Toun's fear.

''I'll be fine,let me get dressed,its almost five pm.''

''I trust your instincts,but be careful dear.''Hannah said not wanting to sound jealous or something.

''I will.''Adetoun answered,opening her wardrobe to select a dress.''I still want to stop by the supermart to get him a present.''

''Okay,i'm off to my room,i want to catch some sleep.''Hannah said getting up,her dress and shoe were in her hands with her purse too.

''Good luck babe.''

It was a quarter to six,and she was nearing her destination,she manouvered the car to the other lane,from the description,his place was just ten minutes away.All things being equal she would be there by six.

Adetoun found the brown gate,which was the exact description he gave her.she parked Jane's car in front of the compound and stepped down from the car.

She knocked on the gate,but there was no answer,she pushed the gate gently and it opened,she stepped into the wide well trimmed compound,there were beautiful flowers planted by the walk way,but all was silent.

Mitchell had said there was a party by six,but the surrounding that stood before her was the exact opposite,quiet and cool.Her fear had mounted by now.Her instincts which had never failed her,told her to leave but a stronger will held her and she moved on,taking steady steps as she moved closer to the front door.

She wanted to turn and leave,but she felt her hand moving up,raised to rasp the door.
Her heart beat faster than usual,she held her breath as she knocked the door,her knock echoing in the distance as she made to knock a second time.
Adetoun knocked the door,a second time,luckily this time,someone answered.And no mistaking the voice,it was definitely Mitchell.

She let out a pent up breath,the door opened right in her face.
''Hey pretty,you're here right on time too.''Mitchell picked her right hand,lifting them up,he brought his lips to kiss them.Adetoun blushed happily,she was loving this attention each way.

Opening the door wider,Toun stepped in and followed behind Mitchell who led the way,her steps echoing all the way.
''Where's the party?'' She asked.

''Ssshhhhh''He quietened her,moving on.Toun followed obediently.

The house was spacious with stae of the art decor,opening each door leading her up the stairs.He stopped in the middle of a large room,which looked like a sitting room.

Mitchell offered her a seat,before dashing off into the oposite room,which seemed to be the kitchen.

On the glass table stood a magnificent cake with bottles of wine.Toun took in the atmosphere,it was cool enough and so she relaxed.
Mitchell soon appeared with a glass of cold water,
''I knew you would come.''he said offering her the water,which she accepted thankfully.

Toun smiled,''You haven't answered my question?''she said dropping the glass by the stool.

''Here's the party,just you and i''Mitchell grinned seductively,there was a low rumble in her stomach,which she decided to ignore,she wondered if he was doing that on purpose.

''I can't believe that.''Toun said placing her hands across her crossed legs.

''Well,here we are.''he said unfolding his hands,''I think thats for me.''he pointed at the present she was holding.

''Oh yes,Happy Birthday Mitchell'' she said handing him the present with a beautiful smile on her face.

''Thanks.''Mitchell said taking the gift from her.''I think i should get a hug.''

Toun embraced him,muttering a happy birthday to him.Mitchell held her longer than necessary kissing her neck before letting her go.Toun was shy but loved the attention she was receiving.Ever since she left home,she hadn't enjoyed this kind of attention apart from Jacob,the picture of Kelvin flashed in her mind.

Mitchell cut the cake with the help of Toun,eating and laughing as they sat.he filled their wine glasses and they drank.he removed her shawl exposing her arms and neck,from that moment,he couldn't take his eyes off her.

It didn't take long,before they ended in his bedroom,kissing and touching.Toun's body wanted what was happening but her mind detested it.Mitchell hands had become a second skin.

As if snapping out out of a trance,she pryed his hands off her body.
''I can't do this.'' she whispered.

''We will.''he breathed heavily,''I've got a condom.'' he said gropping for one in his drawers.

''Mitchell,i can't do this,please stop.''

He seemed to be holding his patience as he kept his calm trying to remove her cloth.In a split seconds,Toun gave him a double slap,which seemed to spill his rage.

In one smooth brush,he pinned her to the bed,tearing off the material she was wearing.
''I'm going to fvck you to death.''he screamed in anger.''I'll teach you never to slap a man for the rest of your life,your bastard.'' he said dealing her with blows,Toun was loosing her strength,as she was no match for him.

She bit his hands,and that further angered him,he pushed her harder wanting to have his way with her.

''Bravo'' someone clapped.

Toun and Mitchell looked up at the same time,to see a lady in her early twenties wearing a pink top on a skin leggins.she had her face well made up,she looked stunned at the two tangled body on the bed.

In one quick dash,she was out of the room.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
It was quarter to nine,when she arrived home,in an oversized shirt and pant.she hurried into the house locking the door behind her.

Thanks heaven,the others were asleep,she slipped into her bedroom sobbing as fresh bouts of tears spilled down her face.Removing the shirt in a hurry,she hurried into the bathroom.

She thanked God for the timely arrival of his fiance,the lady had returned with a broom,waving it in the air,she began to beat up her boyfriend.In the midst of the commotion she had disappeared with his shirt.

This was a bitter tale,better kept to oneself,why was she always a victim of circumstances.What would have happened,if he had succeeded in having his way with her.

Soaking herself in a warm bath,she towelled her body dry before getting into bed,preparing a lie to be recounted to Hannah in the morning.

She couldn't wait to return to school by Sunday.

Sleep soon snatched away her eyes,it was a bad night,with nightmares of Mitchell Molesting her.
The ladies burst into laughter,they had just spoken to their newly wedded mother over the phone,all the way from Abuja where they were having their honey moon at the Federal Gates Resort.

''You two should start packing your baggages,and get ready to return to school.''Jane spoke mimicking her mother.

The girls held their aching sides as they laughed,Adetoun's laughter was more of a pretence because she was still hurting from the blows Mitchell dealt her,it hadn't been quite easy this morning when she recounted her well packaged tale to Hannah about how much fun she had last evening.Hannah had even wished she was in her shoes.

''We'll be leaving in the morning.''Hannah said,painting her fingers.

''Says who?''

''You can indulge us for today small mummy.''Adetoun teased her.

''Alright,tomorrow morning,but...''Jane paused to catch the girls eyes making sure her words were having effect.''It will be first thing in the morning.'' she finished.

''Yes mother.''The girls chorused.

Adetoun picked up her ringing phone,it was Kelvin.she was rude to him over the phone and ended the call abruptly.
''Why did you speak to him like that?''

''He's my friend,and the last time i checked.''she said rolling her eyes.''It was my call too.''

''Its alright.''Hannah shut her mouth.she laced the red painting with a white coat,she was being careful not to roughen it.''Bigger sis,the main reason we're waiting is because,we want to know the outcome of tonight's date with Jacob.''

Jane picked the throw pillow by her,flinging one on Hannah and the other on Adetoun.''I knew you two were up to some evil.''she laughed.

''Oh''Hannah screamed.''Don't mess my fingers.'' Adetoun had merely laughed.

''I'm still contemplating on that,he sent Bash to bring me the keys to house in Lekki.''Jane paused''He said he was meeting Jaiye and his friends at the club,asking me to dust the dirty house and make dinner,all on a date.''

''Nice one,what a romantic date.''Hannah smiled blowing breeze on her finger with her mouth.

''Thats a totally bad idea.''Adetoun countered.

Jane looked confused now.

''Why do you think,its a bad idea.''

''Well,he..Jacob...might'' she stammered for lack of something coherent to say.

''You remember telling us,he was going to open you a world class supermart,and suddenly he promised to get you a job,and of his sudden strange acts.''

''No point.''Hannah glared.''You guys are forgetting that,Jacob is her fiance,no harm,nothing bad about doing what he asked for.''

''Its alright,i know what to do.''Jane said getting up.

''Whats that?''

Jane stood up and made to walk away,at the bend that led to the corridor,she turned to face the girls.
''Come help me dress,i'm going to see my man.''she smiled.

The girls got up and followed her.

Jane was no different from a waitress,as bouts of sweat trickled down the soft collar of her purple blouse,it was a material blouse with silver beads lined at the neck of the blouse,she was wearing a tiny silver necklace that stuck to her throat like it belonged there.

Examining herself in the mirror,she didn't like what she saw.She was tired,even the Ac wasn't having effect,after two long hours of stagnant traffic on the third mainland bridge.

Stealing a glance at the set of key sitting right in her bag,she wondered if there was edibles in the house,or how was she supposed to make dinner,and first she still had to clean the dusty house.She should have stopped by the market to pick some things.

She was almost at the house now,just the last bend that led into the avenue that housed his structure.she located the house in less than ten minutes,she'd been there more than twice.

She horned,but there was no one to open the gate,it was getting dark already,some minutes past seven.she got down and opened the giant black gate before getting in the car to drive in.

She wished,she had listened to Adetoun's voice of reason some hours ago,she would not be in this mess now.she closed the gate,picking her bag before going into the house.

Jacob was supposed to have arrived,this was a date.And if he took her serious,he had no business staying out and expecting her to clean the house and make dinner all alone.

Searching for the key,she opened the door,she had made up her mind to dust the sitting room alone and wait for his arrival.She was damn tired to try cooking a thing.

The door opened with a loud thud,everywhere in the house was pitch dark.Feeling the wall for the switch button,she swore under her breath.

''This is going to be one hell of a romantic date.'' she whispered silently.
Feeling for the switch with her hands,she moved along the wall,stumbling on a stool,she cursed under her breath,holding her leg in the dark.she dropped her bag and brought out her phone.

She sat still,listening for sound,she heard right,there was music playing from somewhere in the house,using her phone as light,she moved towards the direction of the soft tune.

In the dark,she heard a sharp intake of breath,she screamed out aloud as firm,strong hands gripped her from behind.

Jacob's laughter rang out in the dark,sending Jane out of her fear.
''You scared me!'' she said out of breath,trying to steady herself.
''I'm glad you came.''he whispered leading her towards the stairs.
Jane was silent,she was just recovering from his earlier escapade.
He led her to the living room up the stairs,there were lit candles on the table,the room was dark and the candles gave it a orange glow bringing warmth into her spirit.

She was mesmerized by the dinner that was set before her.Jacob was glad it was having the exact effect he wanted.

Leading to her the couch,he sat her down and followed suit.There was a loud rumbling in her stomach,she didn't realise she was hungry until now.
Relaxed than ever,she smiled,
''I'm so loving this.'' Jane whispered sweetly handling the silver bead on her blouse.

''I'm loving you everyday.''Jacob whispered back,both remained calm enjoying the serenity.

''I planned this,because i have a surprise for my Queen.''Jacob said holding her hands,his expression warm.

''A Surprise?' her eyes brightened with joy and anxiousness.

''Yes.'' Jacob paused,''First,you have to shower,i prepared a warm bath for you.''He smiled into her clear eyes,he could feel the excitement therein and a mixture of doubt.

''I don't have an extra cloth here.''Jane said.

''I have.'' Jacob stood,leading her to the bathroom.He opened the silver tinted glass harbouring the Jacuzzi.Jane stepped in,while Jacob closed the door behind her.
''I'll be waiting,everything you need is in there....or do you want me to join you?''he drawled slightly,his voice hoarse in the dark.

''Thanks,but i'll be fine.''Jane answered.He could hear her pulling off her clothes,Jacob tried to stop his brain from forming those crazy pictures of an unclad wet woman.The loud thud of water signified her stepping into the bath,he forced his legs to leave before he acted rashly.

It was not an easy task,with his imaginations at work,he was working so much to contain himself.Waiting for her seemed like eternity.

Finally,Jane emerged in the dress he had laid for her,an angel was an understatement.The white lace gown was transparent and soft,she looked innocent just as he had imagined.

She took light steps towards him,Jacob wondered if that was a voluntary action.Ushering her to the table,he placed a kiss on her lips,pulling her close,as it became deep,Jane's hand circled his waist.It took all his self control to break the kiss.

Jane and Jacob feasted on dinner,before returning to the couch,he handed her a glass of iced champagne.
''And what are we celebrating?''she asked lightly smugling closer.

''Everything.''he whispered in the dark,it seemed tonight was a night of whispers.Jane thought,watching a grin spread on his face. 

''You seem to be talking in parables.''Jane smiled sipping from her glass.

''Because,our love is a parable,you can't fully comprehend it.''Jacob laughed dropping his glass.''And that....is what makes it interesting.''

He stood up and left,he returned with a catalogue,handing it over to her,he switched on the light.Jane picked it,exploring from page to page,it was a supermart,with details of each section in picture and description.
''What a lovely place.''she said dropping the catalogue on the nearest table.

''I promised you a job by monday,i meant it.''

He removed a bunch of keys from his pocket,
''This is the key.''he said stretching it to her.''That superstore in the catalogue is yours,you are the owner of JaNeS SupErStOreS.'' he finished.

Jane screamed in delight,this was unbelievable,she must have been dreaming,six afternoons ago when he said he would get her a new job flashed in her mind,she should have known,he had something in store for her,how she came to be in his embrace defiled explanation.The two clung to each other,a stubborn tear escaped her eye,and Jacob kissed it away.

Jane took the keys from him,and embraced him in gratitude,she lacked word with which to appreciate his kindheartedness.
''I don't know what or how to thank you.''Jane cried.

''Just stay with me forever,thats the best gratitude i can ever receive.''Jacob sang into her ears.

''Indeed,this calls for celebration.''Jane said filling her glass.

''Yes.''Jacob drawled,his voice sexier then ever.''More more and more celebration.........''Jacob laughed as he poured Jane another glass,collecting the key from her and leading her towards the bedroom.
Adetoun closed the sitting room door,checking the clock for the uptenth time.She wondered what was keeping Jane late.

The happenings of last evening flashed in her mind,and subsequently her molest event,she could not fight back the tears as they rushed out,spilling on her face.

''Toun,are you alright?'' a sleepy Hannah asked,as she saw water rolling down Toun's cheeks.she stood up and moved towards her.

''Why are you crying?''she asked again.

Adetoun was silent,while Hannah cleaned the tears off her face.
''If this is about Jane,i assure you,she'll be fine.''Hannah said holding her close.

''I trust Jacob,he'll take care of her,i just don't know why they're not taking their calls.''Hannah voiced her concern.

''Are you sure she'll be fine?''Toun spoke in tears filled voice.

''Yes,stop crying alright?'Hannah spoke,her eyes on the wall clock that was just a quarter to eleven.

Toun nodded.

''Or is there something i should know?''She asked cautiously.

''Oh,no...nothing i'm fine,I'm perfectly okay.''Toun forced a false smiled.

''Enough of this night watch,lets catch some sleep.''Hannah said.

''Yes,lets go in.''

Hannah put off the Tv and the fan before going in,she dialled Jane's number again,it rang but there was no response.

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jacob was so happy,having accomplished his desire with Jane,who lay dozing off.She was a good girl tonight.
He was glad,things had gone as planned.

He made a final tour around the house,clearing the sitting room and locking the doors before retiring to bed.

It took long before he could catch some sleep.Jane filled his mind,he had kept her with him since it was late to let her drive herself home or even drive her home.so she was sleeping in the house.

He must have slept for an hour or two,when he suddenly woke up,it was unlike him,though he was a light sleeper.He knew when someone was lurking around.

His instincts told him to get up,which he obeyed.He checked around the house but there was no one.He returned to bed,listening for any sort of sound.

Not long,he heard the soft walk of someone,his fears were confirmed,there was someone else in the house,the alarm system was on,so that would alert him incase of an intruder.

There was a knock on the door,he panicked at first,as beads of sweat formed around his forehead.The knock was repeated this time slow and soft.

Jacob got up and moved towards the door,he was a man whatever was after him.He would face it and fight it.Unlocking his bedroom door,he proceeded to the sitting room.
Jacob stood behind the door,waiting for another soft knock,he didn't have to wait for long.
Stepping back a foot,he opened the door,the intruder stepped in,in just a swift movement,hitting Jacob with his right foot sending him to the floor like a pack of flour.

The intruder was a man! He knew he was trying to get accustomed to the darkness,Jacob pretended to roll in pain moving towards the man,with his foot he kicked him hard on the leg,the intruder seemed to have been expecting that as he jumped up,the kick hitting him lightly,he dealt Jacob a series of blow before walking to the switch,the light illuminated the intruder's masked face,he looked definitely strong in those boot,he wasn't a thief as he had come to understand.

In two long strides,he pulled Jacob up,he was a hairy man.The men stood height to height,not an inch difference.What a match.

''Where is your guest?''

Jacob knew,he had heard wrong or so he thought,this masked was here for a purpose.Before he could think further,a heavy slap went across his with the sound of thunder,Jacob tasted blood in his mouth.His patience was wearing thin.

''Answer me,before i splatter your brain.'' the man spoke in a thin voice.

''I don't have a guest in the house.''his voice was thick with anger,as he felt more blood trickling down the side of his mouth.

''You think i'm here for jokes.''he said,pushing up his coat to reveal a gun.

Jacob was not one for melt at the sight of a gun,he had a revolver and a .38 pistol licensed for self protection,before answering the door,he had carefully loaded his pistol tucking it in his cloth.

''Where is she? The lady who slept here with you.''

''She .....left.''

The man grinned like an ,''Jane is 24,brown skin,beautiful and.....sexy.''he smiled.

Jacob wanted to break his neck for using the word sexy.He felt for his pistol,it was intact.

''She arrived here in a black BMW at quarter to seven,she drove into your gate and since then she hasn't left,where is she?''

Jacob wiped his forehead as beads of salt water broke out on his face.

''She left.''

''Gboa'' another heavy slap,and a kick on his groin sending him on the tiled floor.

Jacob groaned in pain,whatever did he want with Jane? His poor mind wondered.The man walked straight into the bedroom,pushing the door open with his foot.

Alas,it was an empty bedroom void of any lady's wear or bag,he was flabbergasted,he watched her come into the building,how was she able to leave then?

He came out,and began to open the other doors,Jacob's heart did a quick gymnastics,Jane was in the guest room.The man opened three bedrooms,but they were all empty,as he neared the room where Jane slept,Jacob became paralysed,his singlet was dripping water,his mouth was bleeding,his groin was in pain and his head was throbbing hard.

The man was right in front of the door when,Jacob yelled as if in pain,the man rushed to him,giving him another hard kick for distracting his attention,he returned to his task,but instead of opening the door where Jane was,he moved to the next.

Jacob almost screamed,he looked to heaven in gratitude.God was surely on his side.After his unwanted visitor had succeeded in opening as many rooms and toilet he could.

He returned to the sitting room,in anger,sending Jacob a sacred look.
''Your lover girl has escaped today,she will not escape another.'' he grinned.

Jacob was glad,this bad dream would be over soon,the man walked to the door.
''I'll be back.''

Jacob wanted to break his head,but maintained his cool.
''To hell.'' he muttered,but his unwanted guest heard him,he rushed back towards Jacob,who had anticipated his move,as he flung his leg up,Jacob rolled away,standing to his feet,he hit the man on his head with his left leg,matching his face,two straight punches to his nose.

The man made to stand up,pushing Jacob away,but Jacob was faster he kicked his sides furiously,the man toppled to the ground again.his nose and mouth were bleeding.

Jacob removed his gone from hm,throwing punches on the man's belly.The man was stronger than he thought,he got up,but rather than fight back,he ran for the opened door,Jacob pursued him,the man was a rubber,he glided over the barb wired tall fence falling to the other side with a loud thud.

Jacob waited for some minutes before returning inside,he removed the gun from his sides and returned it to the safe.
''I'll surely get to the root of this.''he said aloud.

He made his way back to the sitting room to clean the mess they had made,there was no traces of blood there,but the table and the couch needed to be arranged.

He pushed the couch to its normal position,when he heard the crack of an opening door,Jane walked into the sitting room tired.
''What happened here?'' she asked wide eyed.

''A rat.'' Jacob racked his brain for a suitable explanation.

''Rat?''

''Yes''Jacob stood up,looking confused and tired.''
''I was pursuing a rat in here.''Jacob forced a smile.''I think you should go back to sleep,its quite early.''

Jane straightened her ruffled hair,
''Wait did i sleep here?''

Jacob wished she would go back to bed,so that by morning he would have a better explanation for her.
''Yes you did.''he said.

''Last night,while we were celebrating your store...''

''what store?'' Jane asked trying to remember the events of the other night.
''Oh,Janes Superstores,i almost forgot.''she smiled,looking innocent with a sleep face,just natural no makeup.She rushed to give him a kiss but stopped abruptly sighting his bleeding lips.
''Did the rat bite you.''

''Yes.''

''The rat bite you?so where's the rat?''

''Sorry,i meant to say no.''he shook his head.''I hit my lips on the wall while running after it,but the rat escaped.''

''Oh,sorry sweetheart.''she said,''Let me help you treat it.''

''Don't bother,i'll just take care of it,its nothing.''Jacob said,finding everyway to escape,her innocent eye seem to be penetrating deep into his very soul.

''Alright,let me make you coffee.''

At last,Jacob escape into the store room that housed his first aid materials.He settled into the first chair in sight,he cleaned his lips before applying spirit,the blood had stopped and felt a bit better.

''That must taste good.''he smiled walking into the sitting room in a clean shorts and polo after a quick bath.He placed his ipad on the table,it was just a quarter to five.

''Have it.''Jane poured him a glass of cofee with milk and sugar.

Jacob accepted the glass,putting it to his mouth,he took a long drink,dropping the glass with just little in it.He felt better now.
''How did you know,how i like my coffee?'' he asked with a smile on his lips.

Jane smiled.''You once told me that ugly men liked black coffee.''

''And?''

''Well,you're an handsome stubborn man.''Jane smiled.

''Come.''Jacob said.''Kiss me.'' 

Jane planted a kiss on his lips,''What happened last night?''

''You had a little too much to drink,you were a bit tipsy,so i took you to the guest room,and locked the door,i didn't want to get tempted and i didn't want to have to choose between my integrity and loosing you.''Jacob explained with a sexy grin to the sides of his mouth.''Did you sleep well?''

''Yes i dreamt about you.'' Just then Jacob received a mail on his ipad.It was a return email to the message he'd sent his secretary some minutes ago,informing her that,he'd be late for work and that the departmental meeting can go on.

Jane poured him another glass,which he sipped slowly,he seemed to be in deep thought.
''Sweetheart,i want to get formally introduced to your family.''he said holding her free hand.

''Really?''Jane exclaimed,her eyes drooling in excitement.

''Yes.''He smiled squeezing her hands.''Time waits for no one''

''I can't wait to bbe addressed as Mrs J. Smith,but...''

''But what?''

We'll have to wait until mother returns from her honeymoon.''she explained to him.

''Thats fine with me.''he stood up to switch on the Tv.''This morning we'll get to your store,so that you can inspect things for yourself.''

Jane returned with her phone,''Look,i've got 15missed calls,my sisters must be dead worried about me.''

''I'll call them now to put their mind at rest,after then we can go over to give your store,a final check over,before its grand opening.''

''Yes boss.''Jane gave a mock salute as she headed to the bath.She had noticed a carefully hidden distressed look on his face.

He seemed happy,but he looked like,he's got something to hid.If he was willing to share,he'll tell her soon.She trusted him.

Jacob yawned lazily,his mind on the nights episode.He needed to confide in someone.Who could have sent someone to his dear Jane.

'I'll get to the bottom of this.''he swore,heading to his room to dress up.A had a troubling mind,a mildly settled head to attend to.

But first thing first..
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
''I don't know what i'll do,if you don't stop crying Toun.'' Hannah said,taking her seat on the creamy white sofa opposite Toun's.

It was 4pm,Jacob had called in the morning to assure them that Jane was safe.He'd promised to credit her account first thing Tuesday morning,he'd also wanted to speak with Adetoun who refused,so she had to lie that Toun was asleep.

Ever since then,Toun had been in tears,Hannah had tried all she could to make her confide in her,but it was a fruitless effort.

Her meals had gone cold,she wondered what it was again.She had feared something went wrong with Mitchell,since the guy hadn't called ever since Toun returned from his party whatever.But Toun's story convinced her,she folded her arms across her bosom focusing on the Tv.

''Adetoun,you're going to give me an headache soon.''Hannah complained.

The brass knocker sounded and Hannah answered the door,letting an excited Jane in.
''Hey sis welcome.''Hannah said,closing the door and getting Jane's bag from her.''Where's your car?''

''At the mechanic,he'll bring it over when he's done.''

''How are you girls?''she asked sitting down tired.

''I'm fine,but i can't answer for Adetoun.''Hannah said giving Toun a look that screamed .

Jane got up to seat by Toun,''Hi sis.''

''Hi''

''Whats wrong with you?''

''I have an headache.''

''What a lie.''Hannah shouted,''She has been crying since last night,on the pretext that something bad had happened to you'' she paused.

''But,in all honesty,i don't believe her.''

''Easy girl.''Jane threw Hannah a look that shut her up.''Toun,i am fine okay,nothing happened to me.''she spoke in a softer tune.

''I'm so glad you're back.''Toun smiled,she had to be cheerful if she didn't want them suspecting her,at least Jane was home,fine.

''I never knew you cared so much.''Jane whispered.

''I do,now i feel better.''Toun embraced Jane letting out a hush of air from her lungs,with a plastic smile stuck on her face.''And i'm sorry for being so childish Hannah.''

''Its alright,as long as you stop crying.''She smiled too,she had meant no harm.

''You made me miss three lectures today.''Hannah made a face.

''I'm so sorry,first thing tomorrow morning,you'll be on your way to school dearies.''Jane stood up to get her bag from Hannah,searching frantically for something,''Yes'' she screamed laughing sarcastically.

''Sis,are you okay?''Hannah asked.

Jane held up a bunch of keys,smiling excitedly as she paraded the sitting room.
''Any lucky guesser?''

''A new car?''Toun asked.

''Cars don't have so much keys.''Hannah said.''You know what just tell us what it is.''she looked anxious too.

''Aww,as at last night''she drawled.''I got a new job.''

''Where?''

''How?''

''Well,its not what you guys think.''Jane winked.

''So tell us what we're not thinking.''

''Chill.....i Janet Odenuga Oyindunmade,i am the owner of a fully stocked superstore.''Jane bubbled with laughter.

The two others looked stunned,''Look,i don't understand you,what store are you talking about?''

''Okay,Sweet Jacob,my husband to be,opened a store for me,just me.''

''What?''The two girls screamed,running over to embrace her.

''Congratulations,i'm so so happy for you.''Hannah screamed.

''Awww,Jacob is such a darling,Jane you're damn lucky.''Toun shouted excited.

''Well,he told me that last night,so this morning we went over to do some inspections.''Jane explained.
''Its a very big store,there are wear's for children and adult,of both sex,shoes,bags,belts,there's a provision store,there's a lingerie store,baby store,and whatever it is you're looking for all in one complex.''Jane explained in a rush of excitement.

''Wow!''

''Oh sis,mother needs to hear this.''

''Wait,the most important part is,i get to employ who works for me,and i Janet will be the one to sign their payslip,you don't get it girls,i'm so happy.''

''This calls for celebration.''Hannah jumped up.

''Anywhere,i'll take you guys,just name it.''

''How about dinner at KFC?''Toun asked,in a lighter spirit.

''You have it.''Jane screamed.

''Yes,yes yes.''Hannah said,''Lets get dressed.''
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Adetoun have i wronged you in anyway?''Kelvin pleaded,squatting by her seat.He looked sad and confused,and Adetoun was making matters worse for him.

Adetoun turned up the volume of the music on her phone,she was shaking her head to Korede Bello's Gbeborun.Her hands typing furiously on her laptop.
''Adetoun,please give me a listening ear,i don't think thats too much to ask from you.''Kelvin sighed,her attitude was irritating,but he needed to wear his patience armour,if he would achieve anything.

''Is it too much,to want to be alone,is it too much to want some space?''She glared at the ever humble lover boy.

''I'm sorry,if i got you angry.''

''Sorry for yourself.''she hissed,returning to her laptop.

''At least,i deserve to know my offence,you can't just ask me to leave you when this relationship has just began.''he said.

''You have always been good to me,and you know how much i care about you.''He explained further.

''I just need some space to myself.''Toun murmured.

''I'm not choking you?i'm i?''

Toun looked up at him.''You are.''she said angling her head to a side.

''Can we talk about it?''

Toun stopped the music blaring from her phone,''You have just five minutes.''

''Thanks.''he swallowed.''I just want to know why i have suddenly become an object of irritation before you,you no longer honour my calls,and when you do,you're yelling or screaming at me.''Kelvin paused to catch his breath.''You have changed!''

''One thing that is constant in life is change,you have not offended me at all,i just want to have sometime to myself.''Toun's voice was low and her countenance had changed.she stood up and looked out of the window.

''Is this about me?''

''No,its about me,the real me,the real woman in my girlhood.''

''You're speaking in parables,I'm lost.''Kelvin said quietly.

''I have never loved a woman like this,i will fight for you Adetoun.''

''Sorry,this is a lost battle.''

''I can't let you go,not when i'm getting closer than ever.''He walked over to stand by her.''Whatever you're going through,give me a chance to go through it with you baby.''

He held her by the shoulders,her arms were soft and strong,and there were scars on them,he hugged her from the back,gently turning her to face him.
''Adetoun,give me a chance to love you.''his hands dropped to her waist and he kissed her slowly but sweetly.Adetoun was responding,kissing him back,she could feel the butterflies in her stomach.

''Oh my.''she gasped.

''What?''Kelvin stopped.

''Please kiss me.''she pleaded,pushing him on the only three seater in the small sitting room.Kelvin took control kissing her like a starved him,he worked on the buttons on her blouse,Adetoun was smiling now,his hands unhooking his belt.

Kelvin removed her blouse,and proceeded to uncloth her,when she jerked in his arms.
''No no oo oo o o o''she screamed in fear.

Kelvin was surprised and afraid too,''Did i hurt you?''he asked.

''You''Adetoun pointed at him.

''Yes?''

''Get out.''she pointed at the door.

''I won't.''he said moving closer to her,he made to hold her hands,but she was faster,she handed him a cool clean slap.

''What?''he asked embarrased.He had never been slapped in his entire life.

''Now leave my house.''she glared.

Kelvin adjusted his shirt,and fixed his belt.He made for the door.
''Hey.''Toun called.

''You forgot your phone.''she said,Kelvin walked back to the table and picked his phone.

''Please don't come back.''She whispered.

Kelvin walked out without as much as a backward glance.He opened the door and left.

Toun watched him leave,something screamed inside of her to go and pull him back,but she was so afraid to act.What was it about asking a man to leave when all you honestly want is his hands around your arms...

She slumped on the chair,hot tears rolling down her cheeks.Why was she made to be a broken woman.Why?

God was not being fair with her.

It was getting dark,she went into the bathroom to wash her face,and changed into something more comfy,she made for the kitchen,she had to look good to avoid another question and answer segment with Hannah.

She boiled some yams and proceeded to blend some pepper and onions for the egg,when she heard the sitting room door open.It must be Hannah she knew.

She washed her hands and went to check,she was taken aback with the sight that greeted her..........
''Oh my God!'' Adetoun gasped at the sight of a teary eyed Hannah.

Hannah slumped on the seat,her eyes closed and her hands on her laps,she looked bitter,tired and angry.

''What happened to you?''Toun asked.

Hannah explained to Toun,how she became friends with Ade,how he stood by her always.And the latter part which Toun knew about,how they started a new relationship again.
''I know all that.''Toun said anxious to know what happened.

''Well,this evening he wanted... .... us .....to...he''Hannah stammered.

''He wanted what?''

''Sex''Hannah said flatly.

''And?''

''And what?''

''And what happened after that?''

''I told him,i wasn't prepared and he got angry.''

''Why are men so selfish,the fact that you're not ready now,doesn't mean you will not be ready another day.''Toun said sitting across Hannah,her hands folded across her chest,she sighed.

''You don't get it.''Hannah looked up,how was she to say it in a manner void of embarrassment.

''I get you.''Toun said.''Men are books,you can't read all'f them,notwithstanding thats not a reason to get angry.''

Hannah sighed,sitting up in her seat,''I've never had sex.''

Adetoun turned around,her eyes rolled in their socket with mock surprise.she must have heard wrong.she burst into laughter.

''Whats funny?''Hannah asked feeling embarrassed.

''I didn't know,you're now a comedian.''Toun said holding her sides.

''I'm serious here.''Hannah said,all expression screamed serious.

''Did you fall from mars or jupito,this is the twenty first century girl,how can you?''

''You make it sound like a crime.''

''Its not a crime,but our norms are changing,the society no longer cherish Virgin girls because they don't even.....exist.''Toun said.

''Well,i am,i want to get rid of this thing.''she said pointing towards her thighs.''I'm just afraid.''

''He who has a head,is capless and that who is lucky to have a cap,has got no head.''Toun said,as a naughty tear dropped from her eyes.

''I would give anything to become the pure innocent child i used to be years back,before.....i.....i...''Toun broke into tears.

Hannah watched helplessly as Toun cried,the waters streaming down her face in a rush.She could not bring herself to console her friend who was more than a sister,she relaxed in her seat and her pain consumed her.

Who will console these two?

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2014

''You should at least take a sip of that drink,its getting hot.''Paul was saying to a gloomy Jacob.

It was a friday evening,and the guys were at the club,chilling to take away the stress.Jacob was having a hard time,and he wasn't partaking in the conversation,as he stared away at his drink.

''Drink?''Jacob sighed,his forehead creased in a deep frown.''

''Yes,take a sip.''Jaiye said filling his glass again.

''Will that solve my problem?''

''Not drinking,will not solve it either,just relax and lets help you out.''Paul said,his gaze on his friend.

Jacob lifted his glass,and to his lips,he drank the glass halfway,holding the back of his head as he dropped the glass.

''Stop that,there are watchful eyes around.''Jaiye said.''Who do you think sent this man after our dear Jane?''Jaiye asked.

Jacob's eye widened in their socket.
''Our Jane?''

''Oops sorry,Jacob's Jane.''Jaiye grinned.

''Better.''

''Who else other than Katherine.''Paul joined in.

''Katherine has left me for good.''Jacob put in defending her.

''How sure are you about this?''

''Our Katherine has a superrich boyfriend who is proposing marriage anyway.''

''And when last did you speak with her?''Jaiye asked.

''Two weeks ago when she rescheduled my appointment with her boyfriend,who is partnering me in the Dangote cement contract.''Jacob explained.

''Why partner with him?''Paul asked.

''The proposed firm hand picked their choice firm for the contract,or do i back out of a business deal worth 2.8billion naira,because he's dating my ex?''

''Ofcourse not,apart from Kate who else could be doing this?''

''Or,is there some other girl,you're shacking away from our knowledge.''Jaiye winked.

''Everyone is not as naughty as you.''

''There is non,that i know of.''

''As long as he doesn't make another attempt on her,lets watch.''Paul said.

''I hope so,for his sake.''Jacob spoke,his anger sipping away.

''Hows marriage life?''Paul laughed at Jaiye.

''Cool,it just shows i'm serious and mature than you guys.''he eyed his friends.

''And our bride?''Paul asked mocking Jaiye.

''My bride,my woman.''

''I just pray you give that thing in between your leg a break from other ladies and.....''

''Hey''Jaiye cut him short.''Stop the lecture,my woman is good and i'm taking good care of her.''Jaiye boasted.

''Thanks heaven,marriage life must be wonderful indeed.''Jacob laughed.''Oh let me inform you guys that i and Janet will be having our family introduction next month.''

His friends congratulated him happily.

''I better find a woman,before its late.''Paul laughed....
Biola looked fresh than ever,she had enjoyed a great time with her newly wedded husband after they returned from their honeymoon.

She now lived in his beautiful two storey buiding in ajah.he had asked her to stop work,she would design from home and send to her workers who would do the design,but she could go over once in a while.

Kenneth was treating her like a queen that she was,his two children had returned from America to congratulate them and flown back afterwards,she was happy and glowed from within.

Biola and Funmi had been planning and planning over the family introductions that were coming up by the weekend.

Biola was happy that Jane was handling her new store well,haven employed a manager,sales clerk,an accountant and a host of others,she was glad that her daughter would be tieing the knot soon.

It was a breezy wednesday evening,Jane arrived at the Kenneths,she parked her car and walked into the house.
Her mother was just setting the table for dinner,Jane dropped her bags and hugged her mother,greeting her step father too.He invited her to join them for dinner,to which she accepted.

After a good dish of semovita and egusi soup with a pack of iced home made lemon juice,Kenneth excused mother and daughter to take some rest.

''How are you?''Biola asked smiling at her grown up daughter.

''I'm fine and you?''

''Fine as usual,Funmi was here this afternoon,and we've selected the dishes to be prepared,Jackie is doing that anyway.''

''Thanks mother.''Jane embraced her,''I came to show you the clothes Jacob brought.''

Biola collected the bag and brought out its content,''This is lovely,but can you tie iro and buba?''

''I'll learn,Ajoke promised to help me with that,she's arriving on Friday.''Jane laughed.

''The shoes and bag are lovely too my dear.''

''I love them too.''Jane packed them into the bag.''Have they called you?''

''Oh,your father's people.''

''Yes.''

''Yes,they promise to be in attendance,and asked if there was anything they could help with.''

''And what did you tell them?''

''I told them to come with their heavy purses.''Biola laughed.''And i trust them,they will.''

''This makes me miss father more.''

''I miss him too,but what can we do,Kenneth has been so good to me and he's ever ready to accept his fatherly roles over you.''Biola said.

''May God bless his good heart.''

''Amen.i think you should be on your way now,its getting late or will you sleep over?''

''No mother,i'll find my way.''

''Your sisters won't be able to come,they're starting their exams on monday.''Biola informed her daughter,as she saw her to the door.

''Goodnight dear,and please drive carefully.''

''I will,goodnight mother.''

Biola stood by the door,till she drove out of the compound,things will surely get better.She smiled,and walked into the house.

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2014

The traffic was light,so she made her way home steady.Lucy had called to inform her that she'll come home for her introductions as that would afford them a chance to talk better.

Jane pulled the car to a stop at the gate,she got down to open the gate,that reminded her,Jacob had said he would get her a guard to man the gate.She drove in and got down,she closed the gate and headed in.

There was a paper stucked to the door,she was surprised,it would be Jacob anyway,she took the paper in and locked the door before moving to her bedroom.

She was sleepy and fell into bed after pulling off her clothes and shoe.........
School curriculum was moving fast,lectures were rounded up,test conducted,notes filled up.
Hannah was giving her studies full concentration,she had succeeded in making things up with Ade,as he needed to concentrate too,since he was writing his final papers.Their relationship was going steady,one step at a time,even though Rukayat was still on her kneels,he had made up his mind to turn a deaf ear,and she didn't even suspect a thing between him and Hannah.Which was good for them anyway,she couldn't stand making trouble withat Rukayat of a girl.

Kelvin had stopped calling Adetoun,who was acting irrattional.She ignored his calls,now she missed his calls than ever.It hurt her to know that she pushed him away,and her heart still beat for him.She'd taken to her studies,she needed to study as best as she could.Disappointing herself was not an option,and she wouldn't Jacob disappointed too.And for her so called parent,that was a story for another day.

The relationship between them was dwindling,this happened after Hannah tried to talk to her about Kelvin.Adetoun had almost screamed down the house,asking Hannah not to meddle in her affairs,she'd shut her up and walked out.This was really affecting the girls as each one kept to herself.

Adetoun's life was a a square box again,from home to school to the library to church and home again.She had made up her mind,no boyfriends,no attache.

It was so easy this days for them to argue over the slightest of things.It was friday evening and Hannah had a date with her boyfriend.She came into the sitting room dressed in a black sleeveless gown with a red belt wound securely around her tommy.As she moved,her weavon breezled from her shoulders to her well made up face.She looked beautiful in the gown and her fair skin shown brightly.

Adetoun was in the sitting room,painting her fingers,when Hannah came in.
''Em...em Toun,im going out.''She said moving towards the door.

Adetoun raised her head,''Wait!''

Hannah stopped in her tracks doing a u-turn,''Isn't that my gown?''

''Yes,its yours.''

''You didn't bother to ask for permission before wearing my dress?''Toun glared,Hannah was a bit taller than her,which made the gown go up her knees a little and she looked perfect in it.

''Permission? From who?you?''

''Yes,because that dress belongs to me.''Toun said.''Get out of my dress now.''

''I can't believe you just said that to me.''Hannah smiled.

''Anyway,i'm not stepping a foot into that room,maybe some other time,i'll remember not to touch your dress again.''

Toun stood and blocked the door,''You think i'm kidding right?''she scowled

''I can see you're spoiling for a fight,but i don't have your time.''Hannah hissed.

''Did you just hiss at me,i swear i'll beat you to coma this minute,if you don't put that thing off.''Toun was getting ready for a fight.

''Let me go''Hannah yelled pushing Toun away.

''You spoilt girl,who cannot make up her mind about a man,cheating with your friends boyfriend behind her back.''

''Jeez! Adetoun.'' Hannah rolled her eyes.

''Yes?''

''You call me spoilt?''Hannah was surprised.

''Then you're a shameless dam,you were.. ....you ....are.....''she shut her mouth before she could do more damage with her mouth.

Adetoun's eyes were filled with tears that threatened to spill.''Go on and finish your statement.''she cried.

''Whatever.''Hannah hissed walking out the door and slamming it hard.

That night,Ade had followed her home,after she explained all that happened to him as an excuse for standing him up on their date.

He apologised profusely to Adetoun,who was folded up in a chair crying,her eye were red.He tried to settle the dispute but left when he realised he wasn't making head.

That had become an habit,if they were not arguing over a scarf,it would be a sandal,or what to cook,who would wash,or what station to watch on Tv,these were things they had done in love.Going to class was an issue,each girl left at her own time.

It was a good thing,they would not be attending Jane's introduction on sunday anyway.They were slowly drifting apart.So much for being sisters or was it friends?
The morning light streamed in through the open curtain,bringing warmth into the room.Jane woke up with a strong headache,as she tried to get up from bed.

She pulled the duvet away and got up,washing her face in the bathroom,she drank a glass of warm milk and two tablets of paracetamol.she returned to the sitting room,turning on the Tv,she picked the remote control and lay on the sofa.

Her phone was ringing from the bedroom,she got up to pick,it was her soon to be mother in law.Funmi had made it an habit to call her every morning.she had just dropped the call when she caught sight of the rumpled paper on her bed.

Her head was getting better,she opened the paper to view its content when Jacob's call came through,unconsciously crumbling the paper,she dropped it in the waste bin as she walked out to continue her call.

She was glad,everything was falling in place for her and Jacob.she wished Saturday would come fast,she couldn't wait to see Ajoke and Lucy again.

She showered and had lunch,before going over to the store.she was glad she was making progress,the store as usual was agog with customers and her workers were being cheerful and accomodating as the customers selected their choice.

The store had recorded a total sales of three hundred and eighty five thousand on its grand opening,and since then sales had been on the rise.Jacob had handed her the documents and papers that certified that the store was hers.Could there ever be a man like Jacob? No,she smiled to herself as the manager gave accounts to her in her private office.

She left the office five pm,she needed her rest and Jacob had warned her to be careful and take enough rest.she got into her car and drove out of the complex.Her head high,with a playful smile on her lips.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Jaiye,be serious for once,did you make the order?''Jacob asked rolling up the sleeves of his shirt as he drove.

Jaiye's voice came over through the earpiece stuck in his ears.
''I did.''Jaiye laughed.''And stop getting tensed,things will be fine.''

''Thanks man,i'm meeting with paul we have some things to talk about.''Jacob finished before dropping the phone.

Jacob was as happy as a horse today,he would be much happier when sunday's introduction were over and done with.

A careless driver swerve into his lane,almost hitting his car,he swore under his breath as he took a turn.He had better things to worry about.

''Look who we have here.''Jane screamed when Lucy arrived later on saturday evening.Ajoke had arrived in the afternoon,they gisted about old times and laughed as they discussed.

''Hey Jane.''Lucy hugged Jane,even in her flay chiffon blouse,her stomach had bulged a little only a careful observer would notice that anyway and she was five months gone already.Jane could feel the weight of her sorrows in those two words.

''Hi Ajoke.''Lucy greeted,''how's your husband.''

''He's fine,thanks.''

The girls began another conversation as they prepared dinner.The house bubbled with life,Jane missed the prescence of her sisters anyway.

There had been much celebration later that night,when Ajoke confided in her friends that she was 3months pregnant.Jane had embraced her happily.

The ladies,planned for sunday and Ajoke taught Jane how to tie her iro properly over her buba.It was so much fun for them.

Even amidst the laughter,Jane noticed Lucy's heavy eye,she was dieing to speak with her,she wanted to hear TaliRoyce reaction about their baby.

It was late in the night before,they slept off.

Jane felt someone tapping her lightly,she opened her eye,it was Lucy,her eyes were red which seemed to say she had been crying,sitting up in bed she patted her side and Lucy sat.
''Jane,i spoke with him.''Lucy began,playing with her fingers.

''And what did he say?''Jane asked.

Rather than speak,Lucy removed her gown.Jane wondered what she intended.
''Look at my body.''

''What?''Jane covered her mouth before she could scream.

''Sue him''

''Jane i can't.''Lucy said as she cried.''I love him''

''You love him beating you?take a look at your body,a man who punches a pregnant lady is a mad man.''Jane said.

''What can i do,i have promised to keep my baby away from the media,so that it won't affect his musical career.''

''I don't even understand you Lucy,why don't you stand up to him?''

''Jane,i love him,i can't do anything he doesn't like,he'll get mad and hit me.''

''Okay,can i speak to him?''

''Thats publicising him,he would bite off my head.''

''So much for love.''Jane muttered.''Why would you want to suffer in silence?''

''Jane,i'm confiding in you because i trust you,father is very mad with me,mother doesn't want me around.''she sighed.''You're all i've got now.''

''And i'll never let you down babe.''Jane kissed Lucy's bulging stomach.

''Oh,i love you for that.''Lucy smiled.''I think you should sleep now,tomorrow is going to be a big day.''
Jane smiled again.

A beautiful day it looked,right from the sky to the breezy atmosphere,everything seem to be in place.

Even the birds sang lovely tunes this morning.Jane had woken up with a bright smile on her beautiful face,she knelt by her bedside and prayed to God,something she had been doing regularly for the past three month.

Her friends were up already,
''We didn't want to disturb your sleep.''Ajoke smiled,winking at her friend.

''Thanks girls,let me take my bath.''Jane said,she stopped abruptly.''I perceive something from the kitchen.''

Ajoke and Lucy looked at each other and shared a smile.
''Its Ajoke preparing spaghetti sauce.''Lucy said.

''Oh,thanks dear,its smells good,i can't wait.''Jane laughed as she made for the bathroom.

Biola had called three times,asking the girls to be fast.As the Odenuga's family have started arriving and were asking to see their daughter.

They had a quick breakfast,while they ate Lucy excused herself from the table twice,and the third time she rushed off to vomit.

Ajoke starred as Lucy rushed off the third time.
''Are you sure she's alright?'' she asked.

''No,i'm not.''Lucy answered returning to her seat.''I'm pregnant.''

''Wow!''Ajoke laughed.''Congratulations! I'm happy for you.''

Lucy and Jane shared a look that said congratulation indeed.

''Why are you two staring at me like i just pooed on my body?''Ajoke asked.

Lucy stood up,and left the table,it was apparent she was about to cry.Ajoke and Jane followed her as she made for the guest room.Sitting on the bed,Jane and Ajoke sat at both sides.

Jane explained all about the pregnancy to Ajoke,who was surprised and at the same time pitied her,the girls did all they could to console her and make her get herself together.

Ajoke and Lucy helped her dress up,Jane tied the expensive white iro firmly over the Buba,and she looked smart.This was her first time of wearing an Iro and buba.She did her make up,and Ajoke helped her tie the red gele,with shoes,bag and jewellries to match.One would think,she had just dropped from Jupiter.

Soon,they were on their way to the Kenneths where the introduction would take place.
''You look lovely sweetheart.''Biola said meeting Jane by the car.

She also greeted Ajoke and Lucy,thanking them for standing by their friend.

''Your father's people are here already.''Biola said as Jane and her friends got down from the car.

''Oh mother.''Jane said.

''Come and say hello to them,they've been so good to Kenneth,i'm so happy.''Biola smiled,tieing her wine lace iro very well.Funmi and Biola wore the same cloth,with gele and bags to go along.

This was not just a union of their children,it was a union of two lost but found friends.

Jane greeted her father's family,who were all happy to see her.Even her mother's sister was here already,she was glad to see them all.

The programme was slated for 10am,and it was some minutes to eleven,yet Jacob and his family were no where in sight.Jane had began to fret.Her mother and friends calmed her down,saying they were probably stuck in traffic.
''You guys should block us at Suzuki junction,so that we can move together.'' Jacob was on the phone with Jaiye,he dropped the call and walked into the sitting room.

Funmi sat on the three seater upholster,she was dressed in a wine lace iro and buba with silver,bag and shoe to match.An expensive silver necklace sat on her plump fresh looking neck.

''Jacob,what are you still looking for,its almost 12pm.''Funmi said looking anxiously at her son.

Jacob sat by her side,''Calm down mother,Jackie forgot something in her room,we'll get moving now.''

''I hope everything has been packed,Biola has been calling.''Funmi said.

Jackie appeared and they left for the Kenneths.
As soon as the Smith's family arrived,Jane's heart light up again,today was the beginning of a new journey.

Biola and Funmi embraced each other warmly.Even had hugged Jane too,she looked happy again.

Jacob looked handsome in his white lace,Buba and sokoto with a red cap on his head.He had stood for some seconds staring at the heavenly made woman standing before him.

He controlled his heart,which was pumping blood faster than usual.Jaiye and Paul stood by his sides also dressed in cream lace buba and sokoto.
''You're sweating man,relax.''Jaiye whispered into his ears.

''I will,its just... .... .....''Jacob began.

''Shhh.....shhshh...nothing is going to mar this day,just relax.''

Paul's smile was also re-assuring,so he relaxed and took his waiting seat.

A man who appeared to be the Mc took the mic and beckoned to everyone to move closer and have a sit.''The programme is about to begin...Good afternoon.''he started the introductions.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Oh my God,this taste good.''Jacob said,cleaning the sides of his mouth.

''I discovered this place,last week curtsey of my wife,they also make take home dishes too.''Jaiye said pouring juice from a pack.He took a sip and began to laugh.

Jacob was startled,he stared at his friend.''Whats funny?''

''I remember your drama on the day of your introduction:''Jaiye paused.''You kept looking back,checking the gate as if someone would barge in any moment.''

''You silly man,you still remember that.''Jacob smiled embarrassed.

''How can i forget that look on your face.''Jaiye teased him more.''You love her so much,and its very obvious.''

Jacob stared at his juice for some seconds,''You know what Jaiye,if anyone goes funny around her.''he clenched his fist.

''I'll squeeze the very life out of that person.''

''Easy man,no one is snatching your bride anyway.''Jaiye laughed.

Jacob picked his call,it was his secretary,his attention was needed at the office urgently.He had to leave.
''Jaiye,i gotta run now,maybe we should do this again.''he said finishing his drink.

''Yes,i'ld love that.''Jaiye said,getting up.

''We'll meet at the golf culb on sunday.''Jacob said as they both walked out of the eatery and got into their different cars.
Jane got down from the car,parking her car in the compound,she had just arrived home,or rather Girls Dormitory as Jacob would put it.she smiled locking the car and walking in.

''Hey girls'' she called dropping her bag on the sofa,as she sat down.

''Hi sis'' Hannah answered coming into the sitting room,she sat down placing her Samsung x3 on the table.

''You're home early.''she said.

''Yes,i got something to show you guys.''She said peeling off her shoes.

''Really?.''Hannah asked.''What is it anyway.'' her curiosity growing by the minute.

''Where's Adetoun?'' Jane asked.

''I'm not her keeper sis.''Hannah said,a frown etching on her face as she scrolled through her phone.

''Not again Hannah.''Jane said,a bit of anger sipping in her voice.''We're supposed to make her happy and not sad.''

''Why is it that,no matter what happens you take her side? Why?''

''Because she needs all the love she can get.Unlike you dear sis,she's been through a lot already.Let the poor girl be.''

''Now,i get it.''Hannah stood up.''You choose Toun over me.Thats pretty fine with me.'' 

Jane watched her sister walk out on her,she had tried to settle their countless fight over trivial issues,it just was not working right.Ever since they returned from school after their exam,it was one rooster and bull story or the other.

Even when they went visiting their mother,and Biola spoke with them.There was no changes.She was growing weary of the constant arguement when she was in or out of the house.

She was simply tired,she stood up and made for Toun's room.And as usual she was engrossed in one of her many novels.
''Hi Toun.''she said standing by the door.

''You're back.''she said sending her a smile.

''Yes,can i come in.''

''Ofcourse you can.''Toun said sitting up in bed.''How was work today.''

''Cool,but the moment i arrived home i became sad.''Jane said,her arms around Toun.

''But why?''

''Its not the same anymore,the laughter,the peace and happiness.''Jane sighed.''All i get these days are quarrels,long faces and noise.''

''I'm sorry,i caused all that.''Toun spoke,she felt truly sorry for every of her actions this last month.

''Are you saying,there'ld be no fight again?''

''Yes.''Toun smiled,''I promise.''

Jane pulled her close,''I'm glad to hear that.''she stood up.''Now lets go make up with your rival.''Jane laughed.

In no time the girls had made up,Adetoun apologised to Hannah,and to everyone's surprise Hannah also apologised too.Hannah embraced Adetoun,while Jane smiled behind their back.

She was happy to say the least,one house,happy home.At last her efforts had yielded some good result.

''You know what girls,i'm glad you two made up.''Jane smiled.

''I have a surprise for you guys.''Jane said leading the girls back to the sitting room.She opened her bag and brought out an envelope.

''What's in there?''Hannah snatched it from Jane.

''Girls,be careful.''Jane screamed after them.

Adetoun made to snatch it,but Hannah fled the sitting room,Toun followed in hot pursuit,entering the room just as Hannah closed it.

''Toun i'm really sorry for my attitude to you,and all i said to you.''Hannah said holding Toun's hand.

''I'm sorry too.''Toun smiled:''And why are you staring at me in that manner?''

''I miss the times we shared,the crimes we commited and the jokes.''Hannah laughed,''i'm glad we're friends again.''

''Nope sisters now,its alright lets check the envelop.''

Hannah openned the envelop,bringing out a card.Her eyes opened brightly as she stared at the card in utter surprise.
''Whats in there?''Toun asked.

''Its a card,Jane's wedding invitation card.''
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Every hands was on deck,as preparations began in earnest towards the wedding.

Jackie would be handling the planning and catering services,she was happy for her brother.The Smith were good people from what she Jane had seen.

Funmi and Biola seemed more happier than the youngsters getting hooked.Jane would be travelling out of the country for her wedding shopping.

Jane had just arrived at the Smiths family house,She had left office just after lunch.She got down holding her black purse in one hand.

A young lady was walking out of the house just then,the lady pushed her making her purse fall in the process.The lady was just as the same age as hers,she wore a jean jacket over a red camisole on a bumpshort.Jane stood short to the lady in her 6inches red heels.

Jane watched helplessly as she swayed away without as much as a sideward glance,talk more of an apology.

She picked her purse and walked into the Smiths mansion,she climbed the stairs,when Jackie appeared.

''Hey little bride.''Jackie smiled embracing her.

''Good afternoon sis.''Jane smiled.

''I like your purse.''

''Thanks...hmm,i saw a lady just now,is she family?''

Jackie paused before answering.''No,she's not,she's Jacob's friend.'' she said climbing down the stairs.

Jacob left for Jay's wing,he lay on the bed in his room,a glass of wine by his sides.He hadn't notice her come in and sit by the bed.
'Sweetheart.''Jane called kissing his cheeks,he'd smiled to her without the usual way he would have pulled her close and kissed her too.

There was an awkward silence for about ten minutes,''Would like to eat anything?''he asked raising his head a little.

''No.''Jane answered.

Jane glanced at him,he looked troubled and seemed to be brooding over something.''Are you alright?''

''Yes yes,i'm fine.''

''Sure?''

''Yes.''

''You look tired.''Jane said touching his forehead.

''Its work.''

She made up her mind to ask about the lady she saw when she arrrived.''Hmmm,hmmm i saw a lady while i came in,who's she?''Jane asked cautiously.

''You saw her?'' there was a slight panic in his voice.''Oh,she's Jaiye's PA.''

''O..okay.''

The rest of the afternoon was dull,and each spoke in monosyllables.After a while Jane left,he hadn't bothered to see her off.
Hannah and Adetoun were in the kitchen preparing dinner.There were speaking at the top of their voices.
''Alright,i submit.''Toun laughed as Hannah screamed.

''That reminds me,i invited Ade for Jane's wedding.''Hannah said delighted.

''Thats interesting.''

''He agreed to come,you know this is his final year in school,i want him to meet my family.''

''Good idea.''

''Adetoun,one more thing,i have a confession.''Hannah said,her voice was cool now.

''Confession?''

''Yes,i have speaking with Kelvin behind you.''she said quietly.

''What? My kelvin....oh sorry my ex boyfriend.''Hannah said angry dropping the knife in her hands and pushing the plantain away.

''Please calm down,we both think you over reacted the other time.''

''And so,you're gossiping behind my back.''

''No,its not what you think,its just that he's unable to get you out of his system.''

''What do i do about that?''

''Good,there is something you can do.''Hannah pleaded softly.

''There's no harm in giving him a second chance,he still wants you,and there's no mistakening what you feel for him too.''

''I'm i that readable?''Adetoun smiled.

''Yes dear,do you promise to be nice when he calls your phone?''

''Ofcourse,i've been waiting for eternity.''Toun laughed,taking few steps towards Hannah,she embraced.
''You've been such a darling,how can i thank you enough.''she said.

''Just make sure to invite him for the wedding.''Hannah smiled.

''I love you sister.''Toun smiled.

''I love you too dear.''

''Hmm hmm hmmm''Jane coughed by the door startling the girls.

''What's happening.''she asked walking into the kitchen.

''Nothing,we're just happy.''Hannah answered.

''I see.''Jane stepped towards the pot.''What's for dinner?''

''Beans and Dodo.''

''Jane are you okay?''Toun asked concerned.

''I'm fine,traffic stress,i need a shower,a nice meal and a good sleep.'' she said going out of the kitchen.

''Do you believe her?''Toun said.

''I don't,she hurried away which confirms that she was lieing to us.''Hannah said.

''I just hope everything is alright.''Toun sighed.

''I hope so too.''
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Calm down dear.''Biola said,while Jane took her seat.

Jane was at the Kenneths,she had gone to see her mother,she was deeply worried over Jacob's attitude this past days.

''I'll advice you to be patient and give him time.''Biola told her daughter,as she held her hands.

''Mother,he acts strange,he rarely calls,and when he does,he's out of what to say.''Jane complained bitterly.

''The wedding perparations might be taking a toll on him.''

''Thats the more reason he should confide in me,i can't let things go wrong,my wedding is around the corner.'' Her eyes were sad,and she looked tired too.

''Thats alright dear,i have a feeling everything will be well.''

''Soon,i pray.''

''You two should see the pastor again,haven finished the counselling programme is no reason to stay away.''Biola adviced.

''We will.''

''So,how's sale at the store.''

Jane looked a bit relaxed now,''Sales has been tremendously high,i just asked the manager to send an order this afternoon.''

''And your workers?''

''They've been good so far,i've got nothing to worry about.''Jane said happy.

''Good to know that.''Biola smiled.''And my girls.''

''They're more than enough headache,i overhead them planning to come over here for the weekend.''Jane laughed.

''I can't wait.''

''I hope you say the same when they arrive here,with their bags of trouble.''Jane said.

Mother and daughter burst into laughter,Kenneth joined them later before Jane left for home.
''Whats happening here?''Jane asked as she entered the spacious Smiths sitting room.

Jacob was on his feet,and Funmi was seated too,except for the lady who had pushed her the other day,who was on her feet.

Jacob wished the ground would open and swallow him this moment,this was the moment he dreaded most,his friends had adviced him to inform Jane earlier.

But,he was afraid,how would he put it across to her.This was not happening he wished.

''Is anything the matter?'' she asked again,Funmi looked at her,there was anger in her beautiful face.As she perched on the couch watching the lady who stood meters away from her.

The lady stung her a hateful look,she looked between but for the scowl on her face.''Ask him'' she pointed at Jacob.Her eyes on him.

Jane knelt by him,''Whats the matter,someone please speak to me.'' she screamed.

''Jane please be calm,its nothing we can't handle.''Funmi said tapping her feet on the persian rug below her feet.

''If they refuse to speak,i'll inform you.''The lady gave her a wicked grin,adjusting her gown.She took few steps towards Jane.

Jane looked up,into the lady's eyes.

''I'm Perosola,and i'm carrying Jacob's baby.''she smiled.

The breeze ceased for an instant,she could hear so much noises in her head,she could feel herself going down gently.Funmi and Jacob got up and helped her to a seat.

Jane found herself on the couch,with a glass of cold water to her lips.she drank all the water and relaxed in her seat.

This must be a bad dream,or perhaps a scene in a Nollywood movie,she pinched herself to come back to reality.Alas! It was true.

''Jacob....''She spoke at last,her eyes fixed on his,her voice shaking and hurtful.

''No,Jane don't believe her.''Jacob said,standing by her side.

''Listen Jane.''the lady continued.''You remember that night you called him after his friends party,i was with him at the hotel.''

''I was the one who picked your call.Can you deny that?''she shouted,picking her bag and stumping out of the sitting room

Jane was breathing fast,her blood pumping faster,she knew she would faint now.But,she didn't.

''Jacob... .....''Jane swallowed.

''Jacob,is it true?''

Before Jacob could answer,Perosola had returned.Walking majestically around the sitting room,she stopped right in front of Jane.

''And if you're all confused,have this.'' she flung a brown envelop on the floor walking away.

Her steps echoed in the distance,and everywhere grew silent once more.

Funmi picked the envelop,and tore it open,she gasped when she saw her son almost Unclad against Pero.

In anger,she flinged the envelop at Jacob and walked out of the room.

Jacob sat by Jane,he looked sad and embittered.

Jane picked the pictures that were strewn across the room,taking a look.

Her world came crashing before her,this was definitely not her own Jacob.

The evidence was glaring,but before she made any decision.She had one question to ask.
''Jacob Smith''she called gently,putting her arms across his shoulders.''Is she pregnant for you?''

A great silence greeted her.That was a million dollar question,Jacob knew the time had come to tell Jane the truth and he would not hesitate.

''Were you with her that night?''Jane asked.

''Yes.''

''Is she carrying your baby?''Jane asked.

''I don't know.'' That was the honest truth....yes the truth.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
It was two days now,since she received the bad news of Perosola carring Jacob's baby.

Jane called Jacob asking him for a whooping sum of twenty million naira,he had hesitated at first,asking if she needed it for the store,to which she said no.

He agreed to send her the required amount,Jane still acted in the same way and manner expected of her.She didn't seem to be angry at him.She was just curious and excited.

In two weeks time,she would walk down the aisle with Jacob,all things being equal.By thursday she would be travelling for her wedding shopping with Jacob,nothing would stop it.Nothing...

It was a warm wednesday evening,the time was around 6:30pm when she stepped into the the restaurant.

She was having company for dinner,and it was none other than her husband's baby mama Perosola.

Perosola sat at the extreme end of the restaurant,she raised her head as Jane walked towards her with a cool demeanor.
Jacob tapped his foot on the tiled floor,watching the door.

He'd been surprised when Jane had acted cool like nothing happened.Except for when she asked for the money.

Jaiye warned him that,a lady's rantings were far better than her silence.Her silence meant so much more,and that was what kept Jacob at the edge of his seat.He was concerned that Jane wasn't screaming or crying or breaking off their engagement.

He had been avoiding Funmi ever since the incident,Jacob wondered if Biola was aware of the happenings of late.

It was all his fault,he knew.

He heard footsteps and adjusted his sitting position,there was a knock on the door.
''Come in.'' 

The door flung open,and Jane walked in.she was followed by Funmi and perosola.

Jacob was suprised and at the same time confused.
''What's happening he asked.'' getting up.

Jane walked towards him smiling sweetly as she planted a kiss on his lips.
''Relax sweetheart,things are getting clearer.''

''I'm lost?''he said.''What are you doing with Pero?''

''Just watch.''

''Funmi,talk to me.''Jacob said.

''I don't know whats happening too.''Funmi said,Jane had only asked her come with her.

Perosola looked quiet and cool today,she stood by Jane.
''We all have to get to somewhere important right now.''Jane smiled warmly.

''Isn't that so Perosola?''

''Yes.''

Jane led the way followed by Perosola,then Funmi.Jacob walked behind their back locking the door.
No one was speaking in the car,everyone to his thought,except Perosola who gave the description of their destination to Jacob who was at the wheels.Sitted at the rear was Jane who had a vague look,she was neither smiling nor angry.She just sat there,millions of thought buzzing through her head. 

Funmi glanced at Jane,wondering what was going through that brain of hers.She hoped she knew what she was doing,because she was getting tired of this tirade of trouble.Jackie had just gotten out of her sour mood,she wouldn't want her beloved son getting into a scandal that would drag their well respected and protected name through muddy waters.

''Take the next turning by the right,yes thats the street.''Perosola said,her heart beating fast as they neared the building.

Jacob stole a look at Perosola,she looked beautiful and young just like Jane,smart too and sophisticated,she spoke the Queen's language fluently,and that was why she allowed her to sit by him when she asked to join their table,at the party organised by comitee of friends for Jaiye before his wedding.

He knew he had some wine at the party,but he couldn't remember taking something alcoholic,and how they had both ended up at the hotel later that was inexplicit,though she left before he got up in the morning.

''Thats it,you can stop the car in front of the brown gate.''Perosola said taking a deep sigh.

Jacob brought the car to an halt,there was an awkward silence in the car.
''Pero will go in,while we wait behind the door.''Jane said as she opened the car to get down.

''Wait Jane,what are you two up to?''Jacob asked frustrated.From behind,Jane stretched her hands to touch his shoulders,he jerked in his seat.''Sweetheart,i'm not doing anything silly.Just come inside.''Her voice was steady and smooth as she spoke,others were unaware of the battle going on in her head,her cool demeanor was deceiving and covering a lot for her.

''I trust you Jane.''Funmi said,her face void of any emotion. ''I just hope you're right.''Jacob said,feeling for the gun tucked in his pant,he just prayed it wouldn't come to using it.He just wished everything will go well. 

They all got out of the car,Perosola leading the way.It was a quiet compound,a four bedroom flat.They climbed the stairs up the apartment.
''When i cough you can come in.''Pero whispered quietly.

The others stood behind the door while she opened the door with her key and entered closing the door again.

She looked up,to see her companion waiting for her.
''You're late,what took you so long?''Her companion asked gulping a glass of drink noisily down her throat,while litghting a cigarette.

''Everyone is familiar with Lagos traffic.''Pero said taking her seat.

''Whats the update? Wait,i hear footsteps,is anyone here with you.''Her companion said getting up to check the door.

''Don't bother,no one is here,i came alone.''Pero said,her heart in her throat,she rushed towards the door,as her companion opened it.

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2014

Hannah lay on the couch,reading a soft sell magazine,her phone on the table.She turned back when she heard voice,it was Adetoun on the phone.

Adetoun sat opposite Hannah cradling the phone closer to her ears,smiling as she spoke.

''Who was that?''Hannah asked as soon as she dropped the call.

Adetoun laughed.''You should bag a degree in Ameboism.''

Hannah sat up,waiting for Toun to answer,''Okay,it was Kelvin.he said....''

''I knew it.''Hannah screamed.

''Its a lie.''Toun said.''Would you believe he asked if he could come visit me this weekend.''

''I'm sure you said yes.''

''No.''Toun angled her head.''I wasn't sure it was a good idea,so i declined.''

''What?''

''I was only kidding you,ofcourse i said yes.''Toun laughed.''That means we will not be visiting mother this weekend.''

''We'll call and tell her,we changed our mind.''

''Thanks girl,you're a darling.''Toun said.

''And you Adetoun,are a super darling.''Hannah laughed.''I'm glad you and Kelvin are getting together again,its makes me happy that i am an instrument to this union.''

''You can say that again.''Toun smiled,flinging a throw pillow at her,Hannah saw it and dodged quickly.

''Hey wait.''Toun called.

Hannah stopped,she stood facing Toun.''What's the matter?''

''The plan,do you thinks its going to work?''Hannah watched Toun sink on the couch.''It will work,i just have that feeling in me.''

''I'm so afraid,I'll be so happy,when the storm is finally calm again.''Toun said.

''Its alright,don't get moody,how about we go out and get a movie to watch.''Hannah proposed.

''Stop it Toun,just put your mind at rest will you.''

''Lets go.''Toun got up,slipping her feet into her sandals.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Katherine opened the door slightly,taking a peep,but there was no one behind the door.she looked at Amaka angry,
''Why did you rush at me like that?''she asked furious.

''I....i wanted to check too.''Amaka answered.

''I'm all ears.''Katherine said taking her seat.

''Why are you even doing these?''Amaka rubbed her cheeks as a heavy slap hit her.

''How dare you question my orders?''Katherine spewed.''I only employed you to work and not review my orders.''

''I'm tired of telling lies,we're hurting Mr Jacob and Jane.''Amaka said.

''You must be out of your mind.''Katherine hit her again.''I hope you've not said something silly to them,you dam.''

''I didn't.''

''So,how's Jane taking this?''Katherine asked.

''Well,she's strong about it,no screams,no noise,just quiet.''Amaka said biting her fingers while facing her boss directly.

''You mean,they ar yet to call off the wedding you dam!''Katherine screamed.Removing a gun from her purse,the gun pointed at Amaka.

Amaka's face went white,as Katherine held her against the wall.''Speak to me,what have you said to the Smiths?''

''I only spoke with Jane,i..i..''Amaka sluttered.

''You're seeing Jane?''Katherine shouted,she was boiling furiously.
''Pls don't act like that,let us get to the root of this.''Jane said pulling Jacob away from the door.

''I can't believe Katherine is behind this...''he fumed.''But why?''

''Thats why we are here,so calm down.''Jane said.

Funmi looked confused amidst them,''Jacob relax and be cool.''

A white jeep drove into the compound,a man in his early thirties climbed down and locked the car.He walked where the trio were crowded.
''Good afternoon Mr Jacob.''he offered his hand,which Jacob took reluctantly.
''Good afternoon Mr Elizealde.''

''What brings you here?''he asked,looking at Funmi and Jane.

''Maybe we should all go in.''Jane said when Jacob was at a loss of what to say.Elizealde,Katherine's fiance and Jacob's business partner of recent.

There was an awkward silence as they all climbed the stairs.Elizealde opened the door without knocking.
''Good afternoon dear.'' Elize said as he entered,Katherine was shocked,slowly withdrawing the gun from Amaka's face.

Funmi,Jacob and Jane walked in.
''Bravo.''Jane clapped,standing by Perosola.

''Whats this gathering about?''Elizealde asked,his face contorted in anger.

''Its nothing.''Katherine said,her fears rising.

''Well,Perosola and Katherine have some explanations to make.''Jane said taking her seat.

''What is she talking about?''Katherine feigned innocence.

''Katherine,how dare you try to blackmail me?''Jacob shouted standing up.

''I know nothing about that?''Katherine defended.

''You do know something about it,you're the brain behind this scheme,you hired me to blackmail him.''Amaka said pointing at Katherine.

Katherine kicked Amaka hard in the stomach,sending her sprawling on the floor.She grabbed Jane by the throat pointing her gun in Jane's face.
''If you say a word again Amaka,i'll blow Jane's head.''Katherine threatened.

Jane blinked rapidly,gasping for breath,while Jacob brought out his gun pointed at Katherine.
''If you come near me,i'll pull the trigger on her.''Katherine grinned.

''Hey calm down man.''Elizealde stood up.

''Katherine,what are you doing?''he questioned.

''Stop this all of you.''Funmi screamed,her voice rising against the others.

''And you two,drop those guns,there aren't toys i suppose.''Funmi said.

''You go first.''Katherine said,eyeing Jacob who withdrew his gun.
Jane fell as Kate pushed her away,tucking her gun back.Jacob rushed over to her,''Are you hurt?''he asked checking her neck for bruises.

''I'm fine.''Jane said rubbing her neck.

''What's all this about Katherine?''Jacob asked.

''I know nothing of what you're talking about.''She lied.

''Why are you trying to hurt us?''Jane questioned.

''Hey this is not about you,its about Jacob and i?''

Jacob laughed,''There is no us,and you know it too.''he was getting furious too.His gaze fixed on Kate.

''Kate we are all waiting to hear from you.''Funmi who had been quiet spoke again.

''I'll tell you all,if thats what you want,i will.''Kate said.

''Is love a crime?'' she asked no one in particular.''I love you Jacob,is that my offence,i have always cared about you,i entrusted my life in your hands.You are the best thing that ever happened to me.''

''Is it not funny,that i'm still in love with you after all this years.''Katherine said anger in her face.

''You still love me.''It was more of a statement than a question.

''Jacob i love you,i cherish every moment we spent together,i fell in love with you fifteen years ago at Jaiye's fouteenth year old birthday party.Long before you fell for me,i waited patiently for you to ask me out.''

'Little wonder you said yes,that very first day i asked you.''Jacob answered.

''You can mock me all you like,but i'm still in love with Jacob smith,ain't i silly?.''

''Every one out there sees a perfect gentleman,a caring and hardworking successful business man.''Kate paused,''But i see the imperfect Jacob,the one who cries each time he loses a business deal,the young man who never gives up on anything,i see love in your eyes.''

''If you love him this much,why are you trying to hurt him now?''Jane asked.

''He left me.''

''Jacob left me,just after one single unfaithfulness,one silly mistake.''Kate said punching the glass frame,her fingers cut as blood oozed out.

''You call sleeping with my friend and employee,a silly mistake?''Jacob scowled.

''You don't have to throw it in my face man.you're so soft and yielding,you would have forgived me,if this dirt had not come into the picture.''she pointed at Jane.

A heavy slap landed across her face,''Don't you ever refer to my fiance as dirt again.''

''Your slap doesn't hurt me anyway,your distrust hurts more,you threw our love into the bin,you broke up with me because you love her.''

Funmi had a clearer picture now,no wonder Jacob had refused to be appeased after their break up.......
''Our parents are friends,you didn't even think twice before pushing me outta your life.I wept,i cried like a baby,with no one to stop me.''

''Was that my fault?''Jacob asked.

''Yes,you made me a broken woman,i am not capable of loving any other but you.Its a pity she's walking down the aisle with you.''Kate cried,as hot burning tears gushed down her face.

''So why the blackmail?''

''Because i wanted to hurt you back,i wanted that wedding called off,i tried,but.....i was just unlucky.''

''You suceeded to an extent miss.''Jane flung her a newspaper article that read.

''Rich business tycoon and youth ambassador,Jacob Smith in pregnancy scandal with young banker few weeks to his wedding.''

''This was not my wish,i want you two apart,if i'm not having Jacob no other girl will have him.''Kate grinned wickedly.

''And Perosola?''Jane asked.

''She's Amaka,i only used her to achieve my plans,i clinched her with Jacob at Jaiye's party,she slipped some pills into his wine,and he ended up unconscious in the hotel.He was unaware of the pictures we took,the pill didn't harm him,just to make him weak,sleepy and tired.''

Jacob sent Jane a message that said.''You should know i'll never cheat on you.'',Jane smiled at him.

''Amaka is not even pregnant,cos they didn't have sex,it was just a pretence.''

''I so much hate to see Jane and Jacob happy together,a nobody has taken my place in his heart.''Kate wiped her tears away.

''And the intruder at my house?''

''Oh Nick and his guys,thet were only doing their job,i didn't know you were that strong.''She grinned wickedly.

''Whats Jane's offence.?''

''She's beautiful,young,sweet,she's brainy,she's cool,she's about to become successful just because she's got Jacob Smith.'' 

''Is that all?''

''No,she's a virgin.''Kate's voice was cool.

Jane blinked twice,she pinched her ears hard,she must have heard wrong...maybe.

''I wanted to destroy her pride before you,Nick was supposed to take Jane away,molest her and send you the pictures....but i guess she's just so lucky.''

''How did you know she was with me?''

''I asked Funmi.''

''Mother,how could you?''

''I squeezed that info from unsuspecting Funmi,i used her.''

''I never knew son,i'm sorry.''Funmi said

Before Eliza could hold him,he slapped her hard twice,pushing her to the floor.''You bastard.''

''Control yourself man.''Eliza shouted.

''Son!''Funmi said touching his shoulders.''Be calm.''

''Hit me all you like Jay,it doesn't mean a thing to me again,i'm sure you two got my letters before your introduction.''Kate looked at him.

''I did but..... Jane.... did you get anything?''Jacob asked.

''No...oh yes...i got it,but i didn't read it,i can't remember what happened,i thought it was from you,i think i misplaced it.''Jane explained. 

''Thank God.''Jacob said.

''I'm sure you two will still go ahead with the wedding...but...''

''Katherine,i can't believe you're this wicked.''Eliza stood up.

''Eliza i only care about your money,not an iota of love,i'm sorry and Its not what you thinK dear''She pleaded.

''You're trying to destroy two happy people,what wickedness runs through your blood.''He fumed.

''I'm glad i was here today,our engagement is off.''he said stumping out of the room in anger.

''Eliza,Eliza....Elizealde...plsss.''she cried,screaming,with one furious kick swung in amake's face,she pulled her by the hair.

''Pls don't hurt me.''Amaka pleaded.

''You will die for your sin.''Kate threatened bringing out her gun.

''Don't be silly Kate.''

''I've always been the silly one,it doesn't matter any more.''Kate said pointing the gun at Amaka who screamed loudly.

The door opened and four police men in uniform walked in.
''You are under arrest Miss Katherine.''One of the police said.

''I'm sure you don't know i am and who my parents are.''Kate said,pulling harder at Amaka's hair.

''Drop your weapon ma'am.''The police comtinued.

Funmi put her arms around Jane,who was shaking on her feet already.
''I'll make you lose your uniform's in the twinkle of an eye,you fools.''Kate threatened.

''You can't do a thing,have you forgotten,i am Jacob Smith''Jacob spoke furiously.

The police men were surprised,moving closer to Kate.
''Do your job guys.''

As the police men closed in on her,she pushed Amaka away and fired the gun at head,she raised the gun again,this time at Funmi,but it was a scare the bullet went straight at Jane.

Funmi screamed as Jane slumped to the ground,Jacob was besides her in a seconds,sweating as he carried her up.

''Now that she's dead,i'm happy.''Kate laughed,as the police cuffed her hands.

''I'll be back in some few minute,so don't gloat yet.''Kate grinned as the police took her away. 

Jacob carried Jane's lifeless body,as his knees weakened and his heart throbbed.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Sir,i think you should take home your family.''Doc Philip said adjusting the stethoscope that hung freely down his neck.He was a middle aged man,one of the most senior doctor in the hospital.
He looked handsome except for some little wrinkles on his forehead.

He rarely showed his face except for emergency and on special occassions when prominent persons are involved.''I just want to see her face.''Jacob persisted.

The doctor looked at him and a smile etched on his lips.''I'm sorry sir,no one is allowed.'' he walked straight away,taking long strides as he went across the corridor.

Jacob watched him leave,he felt paralysed,and he was gradually loosing his mind.it hurt most that he could do nothing to help her situation,he returned to the reception where Funmi and Biola sat.''Lets go home.''

Biola got up first,her eyes red with tears,''What did the doctor say?'' she asked,her heart beating fast,and Jacob's face was not helping matters.''We'll discuss in the car.''

Funmi put her arms across Biola's shoulders,the woman shuddered.She was also tired from crying,the incident shook her to the core.

Jacob started the car and without saying a word to the women,he drove home.He was constantly matching the break,they had to take a twenty minutes rest,when Jacob had almost hit a petrol tank.

At home,Funmi helped her friend get down.she only nodded at Jaiye who had just arrived as she walked her friend and in-law to be inside the house.

''How is it?''Jaiye asked staring at his friend who had become drained in the space of two days since the incident occured.
''She's still in coma,although the bullet has been removed,Jaiye i'm going off my mind,i can't take this anymore.''Jacob said locking the car with extra energy.

''You're the man,so be strong.Who will console your mothers when you breakdown?''Jaiye asked patting his shoulders.''She's going to be fine,okay.''

''Alright.''he walked into the house while Jaiye followed from behind.''What about the other lady?''

''Peroso...sorry Amaka,she's fine,she responding well to treatment too.'' Jacob stopped all of a sudden,''I wish this was not happening to me.''

''All will be well,be strong okay.''They entered the house and sat in the sitting room.Each to his thought.....

''I will not forgive myself if anything happens to Jane.'' Adetoun said cleaning her tears.

Hannah sat at the other end of the sofa looking away.Both girls had almost gone crazy when they received the news,Toun especially.

They had been warned to remain at home.Since no one was allowed to see her.They were putting it to good use anyway,crying from morning to night.

''Jacob is not even picking his call.''Hannah hissed all of a sudden.''I wonder what is happening to him too.''

''Hannah i'm so sorry i got you into this.''Toun cried.

''Its nobody's fault,lets just hope for the best.''Hannah sighed.''Dinner is getting cold,lets eat.''

''I just lost my appetite.''
Jacob drove as fast as he could,the hospital was still 120minutes away.he was glad to have escaped Jane's and his mother,since the doctor warned that he should be there alone.

He lied that he wanted to have some fresh air,he had to drive carefully out of the compound,now that he was on the highway,he drove at top speed.

He was directed to the Doc. office,the man gave a smile,''Are you alone?''

''Yes,on your orders.''Jacob said.Doc Philip picked a pen on his table,''I was afraid you would bring the women,pls come with me.''

Doc led the way to the elevator,when they got up,he walked into the private ward,where important personalties were attended to.

The post on the door read Female Ward,the doctor opened the fourth door by his left.Jacob rushed to the bed kneeling by her.He dropped the flowers he had brought along by her window,giving a fresh warmth to the room.And Jane smiled...

''She woke up this morning,and requested to see you.''Doc Philip said.''I allowed you since she was keen on her request,she needs all the rest she can get so don't make her talk for long.''

''Jacob...Jacob...''She called quietly as the doctor left closing the door carefully.
''I'm here sweetheart.''he kissed her fingers one after the other.

She smiled,her fingers in his hair.''I love you.''

''I love you too darling,you scared us all.''Jacob said sitting by her bed.

''I didn't mean to.''Jacob placed a finger to her lips.''Shh...shhhh just smile for me,thats all i want.''

''Perosola?''

''She's fine too,please get well so that i can make you my wife.''he smiled.

''My husband.''she said,her face was pale,and she was weak,it was evident in her speech and posture.

''Mother?''

''They are all fine okay,relax.''

Jacob must have dozed off,when the door creaked open.The Doc came in with a nurse following behind.
''I wish i could capture this,so that everyone will know that the strong business man who speaks and argues boldly on national Tv has a weak spot too.''Doc philip smiled touching Jacob's shoulder.

''You can leave now,i want to administer some drugs.''

''I'm staying'' Jacob said,taking his seat by on the blue couch that sat across the bed.

The nurse came forward with a tray containing drugs,injections,and a file.After administering her,the doc asked what he would like to have,to which Jacob declined.

''Excuse me Mr Smith,i'm afraid there is a little problem.''The Doctor turned back.

''Is she not responding to treatment?''

''She is''The Doc gave a quick smile.''The problem is that,there are men of the press waiting outside to speak to you.''

Jacob thought for a minute,''I'll send for my friend,he'll handle it,thanks.''

''I'll have the nurse send you some refreshments,and please don't make her speak for long.''The doctor left.

Some minutes later when the nurse returned with some snacks and a pack of juice.He asked where Amaka was receiving her treatment.He checked on her before returning to Jane's bedside. 
Jaiye and Bash arrived later,they were able to wade off the press,before leaving for home.
Funmi and Biola almost screamed down the house when Jacob informed them that he had gone to see Jane.The Doc had only allowed them to see her two days later when she was better and could speak.

Jane would be discharged at the end of her second week in the hospital.Everyone was there with flowers to see her home,she was better and strong now.She would be staying with her mother for the week.

When the others had left,Jane still held Jacob's hand.
''I will never let you come to harm again.''he whispered to her,cradling her arms.''I have some confessions about Katherine to tell you.'' 

''I have... .....''Jane began.

''Shh...shhhh....sleep.''he smiled at her,placing her head on the pillow.
Jacob drove as fast as he could,the hospital was still 120minutes away.he was glad to have escaped Jane's and his mother,since the doctor warned that he should be there alone.

He lied that he wanted to have some fresh air,he had to drive carefully out of the compound,now that he was on the highway,he drove at top speed.

He was directed to the Doc. office,the man gave a smile,''Are you alone?''

''Yes,on your orders.''Jacob said.Doc Philip picked a pen on his table,''I was afraid you would bring the women,pls come with me.''

Doc led the way to the elevator,when they got up,he walked into the private ward,where important personalties were attended to.

The post on the door read Female Ward,the doctor opened the fourth door by his left.Jacob rushed to the bed kneeling by her.He dropped the flowers he had brought along by her window,giving a fresh warmth to the room.And Jane smiled...

''She woke up this morning,and requested to see you.''Doc Philip said.''I allowed you since she was keen on her request,she needs all the rest she can get so don't make her talk for long.''

''Jacob...Jacob...''She called quietly as the doctor left closing the door carefully.
''I'm here sweetheart.''he kissed her fingers one after the other.

She smiled,her fingers in his hair.''I love you.''

''I love you too darling,you scared us all.''Jacob said sitting by her bed.

''I didn't mean to.''Jacob placed a finger to her lips.''Shh...shhhh just smile for me,thats all i want.''

''Perosola?''

''She's fine too,please get well so that i can make you my wife.''he smiled.

''My husband.''she said,her face was pale,and she was weak,it was evident in her speech and posture.

''Mother?''

''They are all fine okay,relax.''

Jacob must have dozed off,when the door creaked open.The Doc came in with a nurse following behind.
''I wish i could capture this,so that everyone will know that the strong business man who speaks and argues boldly on national Tv has a weak spot too.''Doc philip smiled touching Jacob's shoulder.

''You can leave now,i want to administer some drugs.''

''I'm staying'' Jacob said,taking his seat by on the blue couch that sat across the bed.

The nurse came forward with a tray containing drugs,injections,and a file.After administering her,the doc asked what he would like to have,to which Jacob declined.

''Excuse me Mr Smith,i'm afraid there is a little problem.''The Doctor turned back.

''Is she not responding to treatment?''

''She is''The Doc gave a quick smile.''The problem is that,there are men of the press waiting outside to speak to you.''

Jacob thought for a minute,''I'll send for my friend,he'll handle it,thanks.''

''I'll have the nurse send you some refreshments,and please don't make her speak for long.''The doctor left.

Some minutes later when the nurse returned with some snacks and a pack of juice.He asked where Amaka was receiving her treatment.He checked on her before returning to Jane's bedside. 
Jaiye and Bash arrived later,they were able to wade off the press,before leaving for home.
Funmi and Biola almost screamed down the house when Jacob informed them that he had gone to see Jane.The Doc had only allowed them to see her two days later when she was better and could speak.

Jane would be discharged at the end of her second week in the hospital.Everyone was there with folwers to see her home,she was better and strong now.She would be staying with her mother for the week.

When the others had left,Jane still held Jacob's hand.
''I will never let you come to harm again.''he whispered to her,cradling her arms.''I have some confessions about Katherine to tell you.'' 

''I have... .....''Jane began.

''Shh...shhhh....sleep.''he smiled at her,placing her head on the pillow......
''I'm waiting outside in the car,pack your things,i'm taking you home now.'' Jacob clicked the red button on his cell phone.he was trying to surpress his anger.

Unconsciously,he was tapping his foot,he had left scores of work unattended to at the office,because he wanted to drop by Jane's to check on her.She had left her mother's house on Sunday,he'd asked her to stay away from the store for a while to rest and recuperate better.

He was driving to her place already,he had to take a back turn on instinct just to check if she was at the store anyway.And to his surprise her car was parked in.

Jacob raised his head when there was a tap on the window.he rolled down his glass.''Get in'' he started the car as she got in.

''My car?'' Jane said.Jacob drove out as the security man opened the gate throwing a salute,he turned on the radio without a word.

''How do i get my car?''

Jacob matched the break in anger,causing the car to swerve forward.Jane jerked in her seat.
''Bash will get it.'' he increased the volume of the radio making conversation impossible.Jane got the message and kept her calm.

He parked outside their compound,while Jane picked her bag to get down.''How are you feeling today?'' his face was drawn away as he spoke.

''I'm better.''she said looking at her fingers.''Do you need anything?''he asked to which she replied no.

''I'm sorry for the way,i reacted this afternoon,i left works unattended to,only to find out that you're not taking the diagnosed rest.''he explained calmly.

''I gave you that store,i own you,put that at the back of your mind.''he said.''Thanks for reminding of that.''Jane said as she got down.

''Promise me that,you'll take the next two days off.''

''Its alright,i promise.''

''I got you this.''he said giving a basket of fruit,provisions and wine.

''Thanks dear.''she collected the basket.

''I'll call you later,Bash will bring your car soon,take care...I love you.'' He reversed the car and drove away.

Jane stood by the gate watching his car,as he drove away.She was strong enough to go to the store.Moreover whats the use staying at home.She looked at the basket in her hand,he was caring,but....he was overdoing it.

She went in closing the gate,her two rats were in the sitting room as usual,arguing loudly.They got the basket and began to offload it excitedly.

Jane was glad the day was finally over.She had yam and fish stew for dinner.The event of the past few days flashed in her memory.

She had explained to Jacob how sad she was when she learn't of Pero's baby.She came home that night trying to hide the truth.Her sisters soon suspected her foul mood anyway.

She was left with no choice than to confide in them,by morning the girls came up with the idea.The girls were the brain behind it all.Pero fell for the money and busted Katherine.

Jacob felt happiness in him,when she shed light on the issue,though she was afraid at first,she was able to pull through.He came clean about all that happened with Katherine while she was dating Jane,Jane was a bit suprised,she wished she could be bold enough to tell about Dickson,her NYSC foolishness.Jacob had taken the girls for a special treat the next day.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2014

Jane was glad the day was finally over.She had yam and fish stew for dinner.The event of the past few days flashed in her memory.

She had explained to Jacob how sad she was when she learn't of Pero's baby.She came home that night trying to hide the truth.Her sisters soon suspected her foul mood anyway.

She was left with no choice than to confide in them,by morning the girls came up with the idea.The girls were the brain behind it all.Pero fell for the money and busted Katherine.

Jacob felt happiness in him,when she shed light on the issue,though she was afraid at first,she was able to pull through.He came clean about all that happened with Katherine while she was dating Jane,Jane was a bit suprised,she wished she could be bold enough to tell about Dickson,her NYSC foolishness.Jacob had taken the girls for a special treat the next day.

She was glad,she was home now.Jacob had gotten all the necessary papers and document for their travelling within the space of three days.

They were scheduled to leave on Thursday for their shopping,her dreams were finally becoming a reality.

She was already dozing when Jacob called in,he apologised for what he did in the afternoon,and promised to make it up to her.He explained that he wanted the best for her.Not quite long,an unknown call came through.she picked it on the third ring.It was Lucy calling,she had been admitted in the hospital five days after her final paper.

Lucy had revealed that,she had a little misunderstanding with Taliroyce,and he got furious,at the end of the minidrama.She got into the hospital,she was eight months gone already.

The doctor warned that,should be beaten again,she might not survive the child birth.This had sent a chill down her spine.She shuddered at the thought of losing her friend.

Her parents were making matters worse for her,they distanced themself from her.And she was still hiding her baby's father identity from her brother.Not wanting her brother's to get violent,should it get to their ears of how Tali treats their kid sister. 

Only Jane who knew he was,and she was even prevented from speaking to him.When Lucy dropped the call at some minutes past one o'clock.

She was tired and her eyes were teary,it hurt to know that Lucy was making her useless.The poor girl needed help now than ever,at least someone to console and strengthen her.

She would be discharged on the morrow..

Isn't it absurd,Lucy was crazy in love with Tali,a man that beats her.She was forced to close her eyes when the strong arms of sleep gnawed at her eyelids.
When a debtor postpones his day of payment,don't worry that day would soon come.

Such was the case of Jane's wedding,oh the wedding is 6weeks away,oh its three weeks away.And finally its here just two days away.

Their trip for their wedding shopping was successful,Ajoke,Cynthia and Jane had gone on another shopping session to make sure all was intact.

She and Jacob united their love again,casting away all grudges to make their day a colourful one.

Since her return,she had been a regular caller at the spa,Funmi ensured that,she was given a full body treatment,her eyes,nose hands,fingers,toes,necks,legs and every visible part of her body,was washed with various kinds of ointment and cleansers.She had enjoyed being immersed in water with sweet scenting oils and cleanser but she got tired when the session was growing endless.

Adetoun and Hannah would tease her non stop,that she would soon become a mermaid but encouraged her to do Funmi's biding.She remembered the day her dress was brought home.

The girls screamed non stop,Toun continued to stare at the gown in awe.Even Funmi was pleased with the style and design.She had arrived home one evening to catch Hannah wearing it,she forgave her sister knowing she was merely excited and happy for her.

Adetoun agreed to best her after so many persuassions from Hannah and Jacob.Jane was lucky to have two pregnant ladies as her lady in wardrobe,Jaiye's wife Cynthia had insisted she would partake too.And three of her trusted beautiful female workers would be among the bride's maid.

All the dresses and shoes were settled.She had even parked most of her things,Jacob had refused toodisclose where they would be having their honeymoon.Jane was content to enjoy the surprise anyway.

Funmi and Biola were planning it,working more than the event planner Jackie.All the designs for the cake and dishes were choosen.

Kenneth was there to give her moral support and was ready to bear every expenses put to him.

Jane checked herself in the mirror,she loved the lady she saw.Fastening the tiny gold necklace to her smooth neck.she smiled to herself.

Tonight was their grand party,Jacob's friend had planned it for them,most of his friends and few close associates would be coming too.So she had to look her best and make Jacob proud.

Hannah and Adetoun were dressed up too,they would be leaving for the party anytime soon.

The wall clock struck twelve midnight,Jane looked around,her disorganised room was evidence of her wedding taking place soon.She was supposed to be sleeping,tomorrow evening was her engagement ceremony.

Ajoke and Cynthia would be there to help her dress.She wasn't too sure about Lucy.But..she hoped she would be able to make it.

Her mind glided to the episode at Katherine's house,what if she had died?what if Amaka had died?what if..?

There was so many what ifs running through her mind,she was nervous,anxious at the same time.She hoped nothing would destroy her day.

She had become worried,when she learnt that Katherine had been released on bail of five million.She picked her bible and prayed.

That seemed to comfort her,she reminisce the event of the last evening.She had mesmerised everyone at the party,in her red daring crazy gown coutsey of Jacob.He had bought it specially for her.

He almost went crazy when she emerged in it,he had eyes for her only.She prayed those cute eyes,and sexy lips would forever remain hers,no matter what turbulent water they encountered.

This night,all her doubts had been erased about the marriage.She would be getting married to Jacob Smith,every other person,can get a map,find a car and drive to hell.She fell asleep with a beautiful smile on her face.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
The family of Smith and Odenuga invites the pleasure of your presence,at the holy matrimony of their children.

Jacob Smith Adekunle
&
Janet Odenuga Oyindunmade

Venue: The Redeemed Christian Church of God,Lagos.
Time:10am
Reception follows immediately at PiLLaRows Event Center.

Dress code:Female...Pink
Male.........Blue

Wedding theme: Pink and Blue.

For the customised Gele's and Fila,
RSVP
Kingphilip:08152326412
Radiance:08085645231
Queenhess:09032842552

Direction:From anywhere in the world,board a bus to Lagos.

Come one! Come all!!

Attendance is strictly by invitation.

Thanks.....
Jane examined herself in the mirror over again,the young woman standing beside her who happens to be the make up artist smiled.She wanted to be sure she looked good.

The artist smiled again,Jane took her seat on the bed sipping the glass of warm milk carefully so as not to ruin her lip gloss.she placed the glass down on the table.

''Iyawo drink up,its almost time.''Ajoke walked in,wearing a wine satin gown that fitted her perfectly,her potruding belly helped fill up the space of the material.she sat by Jane adjusting her veil.

''Green will you drink some milk?''Jane asked Green,her little beautiful cousin,she was just two and half years,but she was smart and preety.She was a product of the union of her mother's younger sister and her doctor hubby.

''No,aunt Jane,i'm full,but i don't mind a pack of juice.'' her little voice sounded cool and firm.There's this funny air about the small girl. Jane's aunt had warned her that Green could be a pain in the neck anyway.

Jane loved the little girl,she wanted to have kids too,as much as five.She smiled as Lucy handed her a glass of juice. 

Jane looked at her well painted fingers,she had thought the engagement party would never end.Jackie played her several videos of engagement and Cynthia,Jaiye's wife helped Jane choose one.Jane was a bad one on the dance floor,so in the morning Hannah and Ajoke and Cynthia had put her through some nice steps.

She put those practice to good use,last evening.It seemed it wouldn't come to an end,with the series of kneeling and embracing,dancing and singing.Her feet hurt because of the heels,Adetoun helped her massage her legs.Thanks to those miracle pills Ajoke gave to her,she woke up hale and hearty this morning.

The make up artist took a lot of time,she insisted that she didn't want an eye lashes fixed,the artist informed Jackie who spoke with Jane to allow the artist do her job.Her face was cleaned and painted nicely.

Then she moved on to make little Green's hair and powder her face.Her white gown was a miniature of Jane's.

The Ac was high because,the artist insisted that Jane needed to look fresh.''You have to finish that,so that i can get you more.''Ajoke said,while fitting Jane's sequin embellished peep toe bootie.

The door opened and Hannah walked in,sexy was to say the least,she looked good in her pink floor lenght pisa gown.Her face and hair was rolled up and curled dropping to her face curtesy of the artist.''Mother called,she asked if we are on the way already.''

''We're ready.''Lucy said,fastening a necklace on,she looked a bit weak,but she was steady,she wore the same gown as Ajoke and Cynthia.

Jane looked around her and bristled with laughter,''Whats funny sis?''

''I'm just happy that i'm surrounded by kids.''she said.

''Kids?''Ajoke asked.

''They're all cute and i can't wait to have five of mine''Jane smiled pointing at Lucy and Ajoke's potruding belly.Every one rattled with laughter.

The three other girls were ready too,adorned in pink floor length pisa gown just as Hannah.
''All is done now.''The artist certified her perfect after taking several shots of her.

''Jacob just called,they're leaving home already,on their way to church.''Adetoun said coming in,her creamy white gown clung to her beautiful body.

''I hope we didn't forgot a thing.''Jane said standing on her feet.She was just perfect,as she spoke her eyelashes fluterred giving her that sexy look.

''No.''

Lucy led a short prayer.....Jane led the way to the car,followed by Green and Adetoun,the others trailed behind them.

The cars were decorated with the wedding theme blue and pink,the drivers were waiting already.Adetoun helped Jane into the back seat,and sat with her,while Green the little bride sat in the front seat.

The others filed into the two other cars and the drive began.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
''Bash speed up.''Jacob said,sitting at the back seat,in the decorated car,at the back of the car was a card that read ABOUT TO WED.

''Relax man.''Jaiye said in his seat,he looked cool in his black suit with bow and waist coat.

Jacob glanced at Jaiye and Bash they all looked suit up,just for his special occassion,he was trying to be strong,he adjusted his glasses.

He was devilishly handsome,if there was anything like that,he looked the perfect,sincere groom in his black suit and pink shirt.He was panting to see Jane,to put his ring in her fingers and make her an official Smith.

He had no doubt,that she would steal every one's attention,he couldn't wait to get on their honeymoon.He smiled to himself.Things were working just as planned. 

He glanced back,Paul was driving the other guys,Funmi had left earlier with some of her friends,adorned in gold,she was a spitting beauty.

Jackie had been over there as early as 6 in the morning,she had been calling them to hurry as the officiating ministers and their family and friends have arrived.
Jane arrived at the spacious,5000 seater church,she looked around her,and felt lost.

Everywhere she turned they were people miling about,the church was almost filled up,and people were still outside,cars filled the compound.Half of the faces she saw were strange.

She watched from the window,she wasn't even aware the crowd would be this much.
''Mum,we're in the church,where are you?''Adetoun called,as the car packed.

Jane watched some uniform men hurrying towards their car,she was afraid at first,but relaxed when they saluted the driver and opened the car door for her to get down.

Kenneth walked behind them,in his blue overflowing Agbada,as Jane got out her first foot,there were several camera shots,and when she finally made it out,the shots almost blinded her,all the journalist wanted to have a shot of Jacob Smiths bride.

The others got out too,the guards had to wad off the news men while they made passage for the bride and her father.

The others trailed behind,as they proceeded into the church,where the choir sang in a sonorous voice the processional hymn.

Jane took her seat on the decorated high chairs reserved for the bride and bridegroom in front of the church.Soon afterwards Jacob arrived with Jaiye,Paul and about ten other men dressed in suit.they took their seat and the programmes began.

Jane thought she would go blind with the millions of shot,they were about five men videoing the proceedings.

Jacob didn't have a chance to stare at his bride,just sideward glance,he wasn't satisfied he wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her until she was out of breath.

He glanced at his mother and father,his father looked funny in his Agbada and her mother was all smiles.

Jane's family sat at the other side,most of her father's family were on seat,they all looked happy.

They minister prayed for them,and there was a brief exhortation on the reasons for marriage.

The minister stood on the podium,lifting the microphone,he looked at the large congregation as he spoke,
''Today Jacob and Jane are about to get married.''he paused.

''Is there any person who know of any reason why this two should not be joined together,let him speak now or forever hold his peace.''The minister declared.

Jacob and Jane stood facing the large congregration,there was a shrewd silence in the church,an awkward quiet enveloped everyone.

Jacob wondered how his mother had able to invite so many people,he saw dignitaries that he had personally invited too.

Jane thought the same too,there were so many faces before her,she prayed that her day of joy would not end in shambles.

Jane suddenly went pale,Jacob could feel the tension rising in her body,he was also feeling nervous in his suit.

The minister repeated his announcement,yet there was no response,on the third repitition,there was a loud cough from the middle pillar.

Funmi's soul was leaving her body gradually as she looked her husband in the face,he only smiled at her in his Agbada,he looked awkward.

Biola stole a look at Jane first,then her daughters,she sent a silent message to God in prayer as she closed her eyes in fear,Kenneth held her hands under the chair.

Jacob held Jane's hand tightly,sharing faith and hope in one spirit.

Every eye turned to see the middle aged woman who just coughed,the woman hung her head low in shame as thousands of eyes turned towards her.

The minister coughed,he asked the couple to be,if each knew of any reason why they may not be joined, they answered no too.

''If there is no impediment,Jacob Adekunle Smith,will you have Jane Odenuga to be your wedded wife to live together,will you love her,comfort her......... .......as long as you both live?

Jacob:I will,God helping me

The same question was asked of the bride,
Jane:I will,God helping me.

Kenneth came out and gave Jane's hand out to Jacob.

The couple said their vows,and put the ring on their finger.

The minister continued,This day,i present to you,Mr and Mrs Jacob Smith.The latest couple in town.''

There was a thunderous applause from the congregation,amidst cheers and congratulations.

''The groom may kiss the bride.''

This was the moment,Jacob had been waiting for,he turned to his wife and pulled her into arms,lifting her veil,he kissed her lips softly,there were screams from the congregation,and everyone clapped.

Jacob felt her body melting in his arms,he hung on to self control,he prayed the programme would end soon.

Many had tears of Joy,on their faces,some married ones kissed their partner too,it was a day of joy and rejoicing.

Funmi left her seat to hug Biola,the men did the same too.

And as they say,what the Lord has joined together,let no man put assunder.

The other programmes were done,and the couple walked arm in arm out of the church.
The couple arrived at the reception venue,PilLawRows.

Dignitaries began to arrive,their family and friends too.There was a loud noise,as a convoy arrived.
''Who is that?''Jane asked her new husband.Jackie had instructed them to remain in the car,while Jaiye and Jackie and their mothers took control.
Jacob stared into her beautiful eyeballs,this is the woman i love he muttered.
''What did you say?''She asked.
''Thats the governor.''he replied pulling her close.

''Janet i love you.''he whispered quietly.

''I love you too.''she cried.

In the twinkle of an eye,the hall was filled to the brim,the Mc took the reins and the couple was invited in.

Jane had removed her Jacket,leaving the tube which hung firmly to her body,on her neck sat a 8.19 carat heart shaped brooches,and a shell white diamond earring.

The make up artist had freshened her make up now.Jacob walked into the hall with his men.

Everyone looked at him,wondering where the bride was.

From the speaker came Flavour's Ada Ada,he began to ask around,singing along.
''Have you seen my beautiful baby?''

The hall rolled in laughter,next came Flavour's Chinny baby,he walked around the hall making gestures.

Jane and her comitee of friends were outside laughing.

''Oya follow me,come and see my wify,Jane na beautiful baby o,Adanma a.''Jacob sang Flavour's Adanma.

Jane stepped in with her friends behind her,Jacob on sighting her rushed to meet her,but her friends pulled her back.Jacob's friends did the same.

It was a tug of war as Jacob finally caught her,lifting her up,he cried.
''I finally found her.'' he put her down and they danced to their seat amidst laughter and clappings.

The Gov.gave a short speech before the programme commenced, the couple had their first dance and first food together after cutting the mountain sized cake.

Gifts were presented to the couple,The governor gave them a ticket to have an holiday in any resort of their choice.There were so many car keys,and gift items filled the hall.

Jane was awed,she wondered how they would get all that home.The reception ended and food was served,every continental dish was available.

There were assorted wines to consume,Jane was walking up to meet her mother when Jacob stopped her,pushing her through the crowd,he hurried her to the car.

They were in the car now,''Whats happening?''She asked.

''Are you afraid?''Jacob asked in return.
''You're here,i have no reason to be afraid.''

''Good.''he held her hands.''We're on our way for our honeymoon.''

There was a smile on her lips,''I didn't inform my mother.''

''I did.''Jacob smiled embracing her.

''I love you Janet''he kissed her forehead.

They boarded the plane,it was a tiring flight,the arrived at their destination at last.

Jane carried sleeping Janet in his arms,while the driver picked their luggages.

As they set foot at the resort,Jane woke up.''Where are we?''she asked rubbing her eyes she was a beauty to behold. 
''Welcome to Ponta Dos Ganchos,Brazil.''Jacob smiled.

''Wow.'' she said stepping out as the car pulled to a stop.Their bags were carried,and he let Jane rest her head on his shoulders as they walked in.

It was sunset in Brazil,everything about her exudes style and glint.The environment was a beauty on its own.

After completing the form on arrival,they were taken to their room.Jane opened her mouth in surprise,the decor was exquisite-Murano chandeliers,she touched the polished parquet wood and silk curtains.

Jacob dropped the luggages in a corner,Jane stepped on the large private terrace overloking the olympic sized pool,which features a cool pictursque.

Jane was stunned,everything here was a glamorous mix of regal gold and soft biege furnishings,wood floors and curtains cascade from the mezzanine bedroom down to the large below.

Jacob let her enjoy the view for a moment,on the walls were hand painted mural,its not hyperbole to say your jaws will drop at the sight of this fairy tale retreat of turrets domes.

''Come.''Jacob's voice echoed in the room.he showed her a petal strewn table on the private island distractingly romantic.

He pulled down the zip of her dress sensously,the gown balled to her feet.
''You're beautiful.''he whispered.

Jane smiled,her beauty was ravishing,she had only her lingerie on.''Jacob i want you.'' she said.

''I want you to,i want to make love to you.''Lifting her on the bed,he fell in by her.

Unhooking her lace bra,he exposed her succulent bosom,they were taut and sexy, he grabbed them with hunger,tickling her gently.

Jacob kissed her lips,as she moaned softly.Jane's trouser,shirt and singlet had disappeared.

''Be my husband tonight.''Jane moaned.
''I will teach you how to make love to a man dearie.''

''But first,the bath.''Lifting her,he carried her into the bath,pulling off her pants.
''Lets go on a wild.... wild.... ride.''
The beginning of their life journey,come.
Re: My Husband......... by onosj(f): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2014
@Flakky welldone once again.
Re: My Husband......... by Opracus(f): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
i love you aunt flakky nd i love dis story i was weeping wen i read it everybody arounds me think am mad (i wished i was jane)

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
onosj: @Flakky welldone once again.
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ dear....
Opracus: i love you aunt flakky nd i love dis story i was weeping wen i read it everybody arounds me think am mad (i wished i was jane)
Oops! Thnks Opracus....

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by shenney: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Welcome back flakky
Re: My Husband......... by dammygoody(m): 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmm.....My Husband has been resuscitated....
Thank you Ma'am Flakky and welldone...

*Sits down comfortably..
Re: My Husband......... by mariamferanmi(f): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Wow!!! Aunt flakky I love dis story, I wish I was jane happy ending!!!!........ Weldone ones again
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
shenney: Welcome back flakky
Thnks Shenney...
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
mariamferanmi: Wow!!! Aunt flakky I love dis story, I wish I was jane happy ending!!!!........ Weldone ones again
I'm glad you like it...do read on.
dammygoody: Hmmm.....My Husband has been resuscitated....
Thank you Ma'am Flakky and welldone...
*Sits down comfortably..
So good to have you here dammygoody...
Re: My Husband......... by Queenxstar(f): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Seat booked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 588
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.