Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

My Husband......... - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719644 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 3:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Eiya..Jane take heart ooh. I can imagine how she will feel seeing dat on her own matrimonial bed lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband......... by Shakyroh320(f): 6:32am On Sep 02, 2015
Dis is serious o,jane take heart.
Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2015
what a life
Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2015
i think its just a dream

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
......Toun sat down on the couch while her boyfriend helped her to pack her hair in a neat row with a white bond."I'll make sure i come home for the party,so let your mind be at rest." Kelvin assured her,coming to seat by her,he was wearing a blue and white striped shirt tucked in blue jean.

"I trust you on that." Toun smiled gracefully,she got up and went into the bedroom,"I invited Dolapo to come along." Toun didn't let him see the frown on her face,she had a dislike for Dolapo,he was always starring at her in a strange manner.she returned to the sitting room.

"I'm ready now." She said picking her purse and hand bag,Kelvin picked his car key and held her hand,"I'm going to miss you." he pecked her."I'll miss you more." Toun smiled.

Kelvin locked the door,while Toun walked to the car,she watched him pick a call,he was on the phone for almost five minutes,she noticed that his smile had been replaced with a crease frown on his forehead."What's wrong?" she asked.

"It was Priye on the phone." he answered with a sigh. "And what about him?is he sick?"Toun questioned at once. "No." he paused,leaning on the car. "Its mum,she's critically ill,and has been rushed to the hospital."

There was a brief pause,"I have to go home at once." Toun held him by the hand."Don't worry,i'll come with you." Kelvin shaked his head,"Thanks,but i'll be fine on my own,i'll keep you posted,let me drop you at home." he said getting into the car.

When Toun arrived,it was late already,she changed into something comfy and joined Rekia in the sitting room,the latter was on the phone with her boyfriend,she deduced that from the tone of her conversation,

The door bell sounded,it was Hannah,she came in and settled on the couch dropping her handbag too."What happened to you?" Toun asked. "It was Ade,he came to my office today,thank goodness my boss was not around." Hannah said looking away.

"What did he want?" Rekia asked after dropping the call."He wants an audience,he wants us to meet."

Toun feigned surprise,she was well aware of Ade's action,it was something she planned with him."I think its time you two have a heart to heart talk,you can't keep running forever,i know you're in love with him." she paused."Don't let your ego get the better part of you,because you'll definetly regret it the moment you loose him to another."

There was a pin drop silence in the room,"I agree with Hannah." Rekia spoke up,Toun was surprised because she had noticed that Rekia didn't seem to like the man in question,perhaps she was one step closer to uncovering the moulds of secret that hung at the depths of Rekia's heart,perhaps.
The noise was much,and it was disturbing him,it was getting louder and closer,with so much effort he struggled to lift an eye open,then the other.He looked around and wondered where he was.

Ouch! He was in his bedroom,he got up and turned on the light,it was some minutes past six,he tried to remember all that happened to him some hours ago and "where was Linda?",it was then it occured to him that he had been dreaming,he saw his phone by the bed with 8missed calls from his wife,he rushed downstairs to find them,they had just arrived,his driver was the one who brought them home.

On sighting her,he picked her up and embraced her warmly,he was filled with joy,how could he have cheated on this lovely and amazing woman.the children kept shouting his name,he dropped his wife who looked very surprise,it had been long her husband lifted her like that.He bent down and kissed the children before lifting them in his arms,He led them inside,it was just like he was about to loose them but miraclously he had been able to recover them.

He prayed to God that such a dream would never come through,"So why were you not picking your calls?" Jane asked as she sat down,she was tired from the flight,but she looked happy because it felt good to be home.She missed her husband so much.

Jacob recollected the dream again,it scared him so much,and the contract?he wondered if Jaiye's call was real or just a part of the dream,"I actually slept off." he said,"I'm sorry." Jane smiled,"It's alright,i was just a bit worried."

"I came home early from work,i wanted to make sure that Nnamdi prepared something palatable for you and the kids." Jacob beamed happily,"How was your trip?" he asked as Aisha took to the children to their room.

"It was fine,and the kids had a great time too,we bought so many things," She explained,the driver brought in their luggages and travelling bags."The kids are very excited about their party,i can see it in their eyes,sweetheart i want you to join me in making this day a colourful one,i can't do this without you,everything i do is for your happiness and theirs." Jacob pleaded,"Will you support me?"

Jane opened and closed her mouth,but not a word came out.Thanks to the timely ring of Jacob's phone,he glanced at the screen,it was Jaiye on the line.Jacob freezed in fright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by tsodjete: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thank God. Flakkydagirl, how are you
Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Eiya..Jane take heart ooh. I can imagine how she will feel seeing dat on her own matrimonial bed lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ziziola:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Something he never did for years
Suprised shocked
Ziziola:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Something he never did for years
Suprised
Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Glad its a dream
Re: My Husband......... by soniachuks(f): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Thank God it was a dream
Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wow nice story dear..keep it coming
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
"Who was that?" Hannah asked packing the dirty dishes into the sink.Toun smiled,"Kelvin just called that his mum is getting better and he'll be coming over to the party with his friend." she beamed with happiness.

"Wow,that's goodnews." Hannah answered,washing the dishes."I feel excited,its been over two months i saw Jacob and the family,and i miss my sister too." Toun patted her back,"Don't worry you'll be seeing them in some few hours time." she laughed."That reminds me,i haven't seen that food wizard since i got up."

The girls finished the dishes and went to get their friend,Rekia sat lazily by the dressing table cleaning her face."The last time i checked,knocking still remains a good etiquette."she said turning to face her friends.

"Whatever." Toun said balancing on the bed."Pls make some breakfast,i'm hungry and i don't want us to be late for the party."

"No wonder." Rekia said shaking her head,"Has he agreed to come with you?" she asked.

"Who?" Hannah asked.

"No one,its..its Kelvin."Toun answered quickly eyeing Rekia,she shouldn't have informed Rekia about the issue because of her loud mouth,she had asked Ade if he would like to come to the party,and he said he'll look into his schedule,she was glad when he called to inform her that he would be available,she was trying her best to unite those lovers again."Its almost eight jare,abeg do and answer us o."Her phone was ringing."Shhhhhh,its Jane." she said picking the call.
It was a beehive of activities at the Smith's residence this morning as guests trooped in from both families to celebrate the twin's fourth birthday party,their friends were not left out.They had made a list of the childrens friend from school and sent them an invite for the party.Time they say waits for no man,the babies of the other day were four years today.How time flies?

The guests met the absence of the children and their father,as they had gone to the orphanage to donate gifts and foodstuff as was their usual practice but this year was exceptional with so much goodies.Jane was home receiving the guests,she was so happy to see Funmi,her mother in law,and Jackie with her baby boy and her husband,Jaiye,Cynthia and their children were there too,Jane's mother was there with her husband Keneth,her sisters,Hannah and Toun with their friend Rekia was there.

She was overjoyed,as she walked about exchanging pleasantries,she was wearing a pink kaftan,it was a long one with its scarf secured firmly around her neck,her make up was good too,and she was wearing a beautiful human hair,she was a sight to behold.

She had been so excited when Funmi called her aside and congratulated her,she wondered how her mother-in-law had found out she was pregnant,she was four months gone with just a little bulge on her stomach,"And thank you for taking care of my son and the children,i'm so proud of you." Those were the words she had said to her before presenting her a packed bag."I want you to wear this for the party please,i made this order just for you." Jane had gone on her knees to show appreciation but Funmi pulled her up and embraced her warmly.

By the time the kids arrived,the house was full,her sisters helped them change into their beautiful outfits,Jacob himself was dressed in a red shirt and black jeans and shoe to match,he looked strikingly handsome.He was glad to see his family and friends.His mind flashed to the event that happened on the night of his family arrival from Dubai,he prayed that such an evil dream would never come true,a sweet smile spread across his face as he remembered picking his phone that night with Jaiye almost shouting at him to check his mail,this he did swiftly to discover that he had just been awarded the multimillion contract he was waiting for,one more reason to make this his childrens birthday a memorable one.They brought him goodluck.

The programme began,it was funfilled for the children with dance and games not leaving out the adults,soon,it was time to cut the cake but Jane was nowhere in sight.Jacob quickly went around but he couldn't find her,he had been expecting her to come out so that he can show off his beautiful wife to the world,he had waited so long for this moment.He glanced around and noticed that Cynthia wasn't on seat too.Something must be wrong somewhere.
"Do you know where your wife is?" he asked Jaiye who had not a clue himself.

Jane was sweating in an air conditioned room,"pls relax dear,what to wear should not be a big issue right now." Cynthia said to her.

Jane looked confused,the dress she bought for herself was out of it.she was torn between fulfilling her promise to her mother-in-law or making her husband proud.Both dresses were expensive and beautiful but her husband's was quite revealing for a married woman,time was moving too fast."I'm sure your husband will understand." Cynthia spoke again.

"And my mother-in-law?" Jane paused to catch some air,"What will she think of me?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by feyilag(f): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
nice!!!tnx 4 d update
Re: My Husband......... by Ziziola: 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hmmm.... This is serious
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 5:23am On Sep 05, 2015
Cynthia assisted her friend in adjusting the white rope that held the white floral piece to her neck,there were gold flowery pattern on the knee length dress.The dress hugged her body perfectly,accentuating her well defined hips,she looked elegant as she stood to her full height,the image across the mirror was definitely not her.

"Oh my my!" Cynthia gasped,"You look so gorgeous,your mother-in-law is a fashionista,you're .... ....you look amazing." Jane flushed,"Pls stop it already,stop flattering me." she picked a Kleenex by the dressing table,"What do you need that for?" Cynthia asked.

"I want to wipe this lipstick,its too much." Cynthia shaked her head,"if you'll be going out in that dress,be sure to impress your husband with your looks."

"Cynthia i'm...a mother,not a teenager who is in search of a lover." she stammered,"It's alright,lets get going." There was a knock on the door,"Are you there Sis?" Hannah asked. There was no reply,"If you're there,your husband is looking for you,it's time to cut the cake."

"Yes we're in,and we'll be out in a minute." Cynthia answered."Please open the door,let me in." Hannah said,Jane opened the door with a click.Hannah came in,"Sweet sis,you look absolutely fabulous.I envy you." she said embracing her tightly. "Thanks darling,i'm excited,i'm worried all at the same time."

Jane was tensed up,she hoped she had made the right decision afterall.

Hannah starred at the figure walking towards her,"Oh no!"she cursed under her breath, taking a quick glance at Adetoun who was enjoying the company of Kelvin and his friend Dolapo,Rekia was not left out as she sipped her drink and chatted excited,Adetoun must have been the architect of this invitation,but how could she have done that without her consent,they all seemed to be having fun at their table.

She couldn't be mistaken,she got up and began to take a retreat.she was in such a hurry that she miscalculated and,she lost balance.

"Here." A strong,firm hand grabbed her by the arms,thus stopping her from thumbling like a loose piece of rock.she held his hands like a child,and at that moment she could feel the world coming to a halt,the breeze caressed her hair,her pulse raced and her heart beat faster.

"Oh" alarm erupted on her face,she could feel the butterflies inside,and the way he was starring into her eyes and deep down her soul was enthralling.

Hannah stood properly and withdrew her hands,"Thanks." she said and turned to leave. "Not yet." Ade's voice boomed,not in her ears but inside her heart."I'll accept your gratitude when you agree to grant me an audience." he smiled profusely.

Hannah was cornered,she had no choice but to agree.Kelvin grabbed two drinks and a plate of minced meat,and brought her out to the pool side away from the noise of the party.It was cool out here,and there was an awkward silence as she accepted the drink from him."Good evening." both of them chorused at the same time,there was another pause.
"Hannah i have a lot to say to you." Ade began,two piece of meat disappeared in his mouth and he took a long sip fom his drink.He watched her from the corner of his eyes.She was still the same young woman he had fallen in love with years ago."Hannah.... .... .... ....." he began slowly.
Jane tried desperately to look composed,but she definitely wasn't.In as much as she tried to avoid him,the stares that trailed behind her was alarming.
Her husband constantly sent her dangerous stare all through the party,she had received a warm reception when she appeared in front of her family and friends,she was the cynosure of all eyes,she looked ravishingly beautiful and everyone had a nice thing to say to her.Her mother-in-law was especially happy with her and it shone brightly on her face as she introduced her to some friends that came for the celebration.

She was very tired ensuring that everyone had enough to eat and drink,thanks to Ajoke,Cynthia and Zainab her friends who helped her out,Jane yawned noislessly, she hadn't even passed something across her own mouth,she was exhausted.The guests had began to leave much later in the evening,the children were filled so much happiness at the gifts they have received.Their room was filled to the brink.

Jacob and Jane had planned on giving them their gift later in the night but the kids had retired early to bed,they were exhausted too.Jane made sure they had their bath,tucked them in and wished them a belated birthday.Her heart sank at what her husband would say because she could feel his anger miles away even without looking in his eyes.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 6:25am On Sep 05, 2015
Jane hung around,and made sure she got into the bedroom before her husband,she made sure everything was in place,she went on her knees in gratitude to God for this beautiful day,she undressed and had a shower,she ringed Aisha to bring her a glass of warm milk.she had just changed into her nightie when the door creaked open.

Jane almost jumped out of her skin in fright,she was only too glad too see Aisha with a tray,she sat up and accepted the tray."Could you please check on the children before going to bed?"

"Yes ma," Nana Aisha nodded before leaving,she wished her madam a good night.Jane got up and paced about the room,she sat on her side of the bed and tried to relax.she must have been dozing over her drink when her husband came in,he didn't say a word to her.He showered and got back in bed.
"Jacob." she called quietly.Her husband kept mute as he looked the other way.
"Sweetheart." she said more louder.

Jacob let out a sigh,"Pls let me rest,i'm stressed out as it is." Jane knew it was time to stop,but she also knew better than to sleep."Please let me explain."

That did it,he got up and charged at her blindly,"Woman let me be,the last thing i want is a quarell."he said.

"I didn't do it on purpose." she burst into tears.

"Go ahead and explain why you did it,to make me feel jealous right?" he shouted in anger."You dare to wear a dress given to you by a lover or who else could be more important?"

Jane was frightened,"Not at all dear." she raked in sob,as tears trickled down her beautiful face.

"Do you know,i made a special order for that dress from the designer,that dress is your favorite color made just for you,but you decided against my wish,oh Jane i wanted to tear that dress off your body this afternoon,thanks to Jaiye's plea." he said,his veins poked from his neck and arms.

"You disobeyed me Janet,i wanted to make this night special for the two of us to rekindle our love." he sighed,"But what did you do? You flouted my orders,i'm so angry with you right now." he charged up again and came towards her shaking her up in fury.Jane almost fainted in shock.

"Look Jacob,i can explain everything to you,it wasn't my intention to.. ..." she cried loudly. "Oh!" he laughed,"Whose intention was it? Pls tell me,kindly explain things to your dumb husband." he mocked.

Jane was ruffled,she was lost and her heart raged with bitterness,"Do you know how much that dress cost me?"

"Jacob that dress was revealing and i.. ..."

"Go on and blab,just go on,maybe you have forgotten,perhaps i should remind you that i own you,i am your husband,i have absolute authority over you and your body." He yelled at her.

Jane was beginning to get furious too,"Pls stop all this Jacob." she said slowly,she was doing all she could to suppress her anger.

"Oh,go ahead and talk back at me,i don't even have a right to speak in my house." he laughed out loud.

Jane knew the argument was about to over boil,she wasn't prepared for a show down neither did she have the strenght,"Please Jacob Please." she wept.

"Save your tears for later woman,and get into that bed." he barked at her. "What!" Jane screamed.

"You heard me,get back into bed,he said pushing her back." She could see that her husband was so bitter,she picked a pillow and made for the door.

Jacob laughed sarcastically,"You're going no where,i'm going to make you realise that i am the man of this house." In one swift motion he pulled her back,Jane was taken in surprise and anger,"Leave me alone this moment." she barked back at him,matching his anger with hers,she couldn't accept this anymore,she didn't even know the source of her strenght,but she basked in it at that moment.

Jacob would not accept that from her and she knew it," I will not sleep with you on that bed,i won't,let me leave now." Jane shouted,as she tried to force her way."How can you even think of... ..." she couldn't bring herself to say the word,it felt heavy on her tongue,

Jacob guided the way,and Jane struggled for some minutes to get away,in the midst of this struggle she clutched the pillow while Jacob dragged her back,in one swift second,Jacob pulled her back,she lost balance,missing two steps and with a loud thud she hit the floor.

Jane let out a wild scream,she was in terrible pain,and immediately she was silent and remained still on the floor.She had passed out in a pool of her own blood.

#Namaste

4 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Shakyroh320(f): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2015
Jst hope jane wnt die .
Re: My Husband......... by Olaooni88(f): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2015
Ahh... Pls don't kill jane..abeg of you.
Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
I know dat Jane cannot die, buh am pretty sure dat she has lost d baby
Re: My Husband......... by blackmarya(f): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
hmmmmmm...back and better, jane must not die oh, bt this jacob sef should exercise patient nw
Re: My Husband......... by feyilag(f): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
hmmmn,tnx 4 d update
Re: My Husband......... by Lyoncrescent: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
No be small thing o. I have been wondering why the title of this story is My Husband. Its all starting to make sense now. Thanks for the update.
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
i really don't understand, why didn't she tell him his mum got it for her and specifically requested that she put it on for the occasion ? she should've explained first before the silly tears like a guilty barbie abeg..

weldone op!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
Husbands, they can be funny attimes. We just have to deal carefully with them.
Re: My Husband......... by olowookerekemi(f): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
i really love dis flakkygurl though am new in dis section and d first story to open was wooow..tnix for making my day dear and i pray jane wont die ooo..may God bless u flakkygurl.
Re: My Husband......... by lizbethy: 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
what is wrong with jacob self? i hope jane is save...
Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 12:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Communication is very vital in marriage,and dat is wot Jacob and Jane lacks.The approach Jacob took was very wrong,he shud have asked her calmly why she didnt wear d cloth he bought for her,and she in turn will give her reasons,but he allowed anger to lead him. I just pray dat Jane doesnt loose dat baby else sorry for him
Re: My Husband......... by omotalkie(f): 12:23am On Sep 06, 2015
zayynie:
i really don't understand, why didn't she tell him his mum got it for her and specifically requested that she put it on for the occasion ? she should've explained first before the silly tears like a guilty barbie abeg..

weldone op!

I hope u re-read the update again,becos I never saw in the update dat Jacob asked her reason why she didnt wear d cloth,and she didnt answer.Jacob didnt give her room to explain but he was controlled by anger and said terrible things to her wchich made her cry. Jacob should be a man and stop behaving like a jealous husband
Re: My Husband......... by Bb4u(f): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
Does she need a room to explain when she was wrongly accused?
Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Well done Dear,This marriage really need prayers.....
Re: My Husband......... by ernie98(f): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bb4u:
Does she need a room to explain when she was wrongly accused?
i agree wif omotalkie jacob didnt give her the room 4 explanation before accusing her wrongly
Re: My Husband......... by Bb4u(f): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
ernie98:
i agree wif omotalkie jacob didnt give her the room 4 explanation before accusing her wrongly

Ok, I just felt the time she used to say "it wasn't my intention to ....."She should have just voiced it out that his mum gave it to hern guess that would have reduced his anger. Datz wat I'm saying

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.