Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,190 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Husband......... - Literature (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719657 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
"Please mother,what has happened to me?" Rekia murmured in her sleep,she was asleep in her bedroom.she lay upward,her hands were put together like someone in prayer.
Adetoun stood glued to the door,she ran to call Hannah,"Look,i hope this is no joke,i really want to eat." she protested as Toun pulled her along.

"Ssshhh....just come." she whispered quietly,they came to an halt by the door leading to Rekia's bedroom.Toun tiptoed carefully and a curious Hannah followed suit. "Mother,do you have an explanation for what i'm experiencing,i just can't find it,its not there,why?are you aware of this problem,please tell father to ask God for a solution." Rekia continued to talk in her sleep,the girls were spellbound watching their friend rant.

Toun signalled to Hannah and they left the room,there was an awkward silence between them.After some minutes Toun swallowed hard and spoke up,"You know i have been noticing Rekia's attitude for some time now,she seems to having some serious issues that she's not willing to discuss."

Hannah sighed,"I agree with you,perhaps we should ask her when she wakes up." she suggested,yawning noisily.They had a quiet dinner and when it was time to raise the issue,non of them seemed bold enough.Rekia watched her friends exchange gestures,she hoped that everything was fine.
Jane dropped her phone,and looked over her shoulders,glad that no one overheard her conversation.She promised Toye to be there and she wasn't going back on her word.

She picked a dress,and a shoe.she really wanted to meet Toye's family,and her husband would not be an impediment.she just had her bath,she felt relieved and refreshed,she seemed to be getting back her strength.she closed the bedroom door and flung the towel on the bed,she sat by the dressing mirror and applied cream to her skin.Suddenly,the door opened,Jane quickly picked her towel and disappeared into the bathroom,why did he come home early? It was unusual. She heaved a sigh of relieve when he left the bedroom,she peeped after him,he had changed his clothes and driven off.

Jane was glad that she was now free to attend the dinner,by the time she was done dressing,Toye was at the gate to pick her.He walked her inside."When they arrive?" Jane asked curious. "Please come in,i have prepared some delicacies that you will appreciate." he said as they climbed the stairs.

He left her in the sitting room while he brought her a glass of wine,Jane accepted it and took a sip."This is a good wine,i love the taste." she complimented."I am sorry my husband couldn't come with me,he had an urgent meeting to attend." she lied expressly.
"I knew he was not going to come." he smacked his lips."You have a nice dress on,this suits you perfectly." Jane smiled like a day old sheep.

"Hhmm hmmm" Jane cleared her throat, "You still haven't introduced your family,where are they?" Toye got up,"They're on their way from the airport,lets have dinner." he said.Jane got up,she followed him to the dinning carrying her drink.They had a sumptous meal together,"Let's dance." he said. "Oh no,Toye i have to leave here before my husband arrives home."she said picking her purse.Toye walked towards her seat,"I have always admired you,but i swear your husband is a lucky man." he placed his hands on her shoulders.
Jane wasn't feeling comfortable,she shifted uneasily in her seat,"I should go now." she said getting up,as she did that,her shoulders bumped into his hands spilling the full glass of wine on herself.
"Oh no." she let out a shill cry,as the cold wine spread over her.
Toye helped her dust her dress roughly," Your dress is messed up." he sighed,glad that his plan was coming through eventually."You have to change your dress now,and that wine would make your body smell badly." he said taking her towards the bedroom. "Let me give you another dress." he pleaded.

Jane was confused,she followed him along the hall,the wallclock read 8:30.Her husband must be back by now.Toye opened the door and she went in with him.she stood in the middle of the room as he handed her a towel,"Use the towel for now." he said.
"I have an idea,let me call Aisha to bring me a dress." While Toye went to get the phone,she tried to unzip the dress,but she couldn't.Toye returned with the phone,Jane asked Aisha to go to the bedroom and bring her a dress,instructing her to be careful after the latter informed her that Jacob was home.

Toye helped her unzip the dress,and she covered her body with a towel.
Aisha prayed to Allah to keep her safe in this herculean task assigned to her,Jacob sat in the sitting room busy with his laptop.she tiptoed to the bedroom,and quickly made for the wardrobe.she selected a dress hurriedly and put it in a nylon bag.she closed the wardrobe with a thud,and ran out,she collided into someone thereby stopping dead in her tracks.
"Bravo." a hand clapped for her,Aisha's heart raced hard and she nearly breathed her last as she looked up.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pukka36:
Huh? U again? Always against the ladies...
How many of such advances has she returned
Jane just lost her child and the cold treatment is the last thing she deserves!!!
I hope Ur heart isn't made of stone cry
hahaha i knw somebody wil attack me
bt u knw am saying d truth
Re: My Husband......... by Pukka36(f): 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
Onemansquad:

hahaha i knw somebody wil attack me
bt u knw am saying d truth
Go jhoorcheesy
U r miles away from the truthtongue
Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pukka36:
Go jhoorcheesy
U r miles away from the truthtongue
jane is the architect of her own problem i have noticed that she can be deceived easily
Re: My Husband......... by Olaide59(f): 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nice one sis
Re: My Husband......... by Lyoncrescent: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
Na wa o. If toye has a taste then thats the end of the marriage o. Great writing.
Re: My Husband......... by dgholmes: 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
ok let's be honest, Jane is really behaving like a confused and eager teenager and not like a married woman that she is! how can she make such a decision because of spilled wine? Knowing how temperamental and jealous her husband is?
And this won't be her first time. This is purely idiotic angry

4 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 2:12am On Sep 15, 2015
sebi Jane no wan wise up abi..

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 2:14am On Sep 15, 2015
dgholmes:
ok let's be honest, Jane is really behaving like a confused and eager teenager and not like a married woman that she is! how can she make such a decision because of spilled wine? Knowing how temperamental and jealous her husband is?
And this won't be her first time. This is purely idiotic angry

seconded.., highly idiotic

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Sandjane(f): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2015
Nice update,na wao 4 jane and her behaviour so annoying,pls kip d story coming.God bless u
Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2015
Her husband have to use his own head because his fellow man is the one that want to bring his family down...So blaming the wife is meaningless

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 9:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Sandjane:
Nice update,na wao 4 jane and her behaviour so annoying,pls kip d story coming.God bless u
I don't really what to tell that jane but she should pray that God wl deliver her
Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2015
What u said is right but her husband is also causing it..His wife is easly deceive what he hv to do is to always give her attention...None of them knw each other...Our men shld learm 4rm dis likewise the women
Re: My Husband......... by npriscilla(f): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2015
Nice story
Re: My Husband......... by lizbethy: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
God will help this couple
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Toye couldn't help but stare at Jane's beautiful body.he wanted to have a feel of it.He held her gaze in his,while Jane fastened the towel tighter.
Jane expelled a sigh from her throat,She wondered what was keeping Aisha,time was moving fast,she tried as much she could to avoid Toye's stares. "I'm sure she'll be here soon." he got up and walked towards a fidgeting Jane."Oyin...i want to tell you something very important." he scratched his head.
"Please this is not the time for that." Her tone was firm."My husband is going to be mad at me,what do i tell him now." she looked downcast.

Toye thought for a while,things were not going his way anymore as he wasn't expecting much resistance from her.He was aware of her gentle nature."You should at least here me out." he said,holding her hands."I can't lie to you Jane" his hand came to rest on her waist. She pushed his hands away and got up,she quickly grabbed her towel.
Aisha looked up,she was scared to wits.Her fears were dismayed when she saw Nnamdi stiffling a laughter."Aisha why do you look so scared and what are you doing tiptoeing all around the house?" he asked carrying Jacob's laptop in his hand.

"Ssshhh sshhhh." Aisha covered his mouth with her palm."Shut up and keep quiet."

"What's with the bag?" he asked eyeing the nylon in his hand as he made to grab it from her,Aisha took a step back. "You didn't see anything,okay? I really need to dispose this." she said hurrying away,she was glad it was Nnamdi and not Jacob.
"Toye you know as much as i do that what you're asking of me is totally wrong,i am a married woman for pete's sake." she protested,glancing at the bedroom clock swiftly.
Toye looked her in the eye,"I am only being a gentleman about this,do give it some thought and get back to me,you can at least embrace me." he said pulling her into his arms,the doorbell sounded and Toye disentangled quickly from her,he got the dress from Aisha and dismissed her.
Toye handed her the dress,and waited for her dress up before seeing her off.

Jacob was perplexed,his gaze constantly on the giant wall clock,where did his wife go?at that time of the day? It was more of waiting for Jane than stressing his tired eyes on the Tv screen.

He tried to picture her movement,but he just couldn't fathom where she could be,for a moment he allowed fear creep into his heart,maybe she was in danger,perhaps she was with another man,that thought allowed anger seep into his mind."Jane would never dare to do that." he said aloud.

He was dozing already when he heard her come in,he relaxed and watched her from the corner of his eye as she hurried towards the stairs. "Where are you coming from?" he asked,his voice stopped her tracks,she didn't look back as she stood there starring up the stairs.
"I'm sure you heard me." he got up to her. "I am not your responsibility,i am a grown woman and where i go is my business." she answered back.

Jacob laughed,"Not in my house,not under my roof,who gave you this brazen confidence to talk back at me,i hope this is not what i am thinking." Jane was very worried now,but she was tired of their constant tirade every now and then. "I am a woman too,i have my rights,and what are you thinking that i am not." she threw back at him.

"Weldone,you are beginning to battle your rights with me,isn't it? But listen and listen good." Jane could feel the anger in his eyes,his voice and his whole being as he spoke to her,"The day i find you beings friends with another man,talk more of that useless neighbour." he pointed to the right where Toye's building was craftly erected.

"I swear,i'll tear off your clothes and cut off your womanhood and throw it to the dogs." Jane was frightened as he stormed up the stairs without as much as a backward glance.She let them flow,she wanted to be sure if this was the same man she fell in love with,the young man she married and the father of her kids.She had lost her husband she weeped.

It was quarter past two in the morning when she made up her mind,she couldn't continue to endure Jacob's habit in this way.She slept in the guest room and was up as early as possible,her husband didn't say a word to her as he arrived from the gym,freshened up and dressed up for work.

Jane had a firm believe that her plan was going to work,even though it sounded crazy should anything go wrong,but she had to stand up to him,it was her battle and she would fight it to the end.

She made sure the kids had left for school,she sent Nnamdi and Aisha to their quarters and instructed them not to come in,if she didn't call for them.Adrenaline flowed excessly in her as she discreetly watched her husband sip his tea,he didn't touch the five slices of buttered bread.He got up and adjusted his tie before ascending up the stairs to pick his suitcase.

Jane came in the sitting room,this was her chance,she didn't allow any doubt in her mind as she tiptoed towards the door..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
i think those children does nt belong to jacob
Re: My Husband......... by Molz(m): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Onemansquad:
Onemansquad:
Onemansquad:

hmmm same thought on my mind
Re: My Husband......... by roniex2(f): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Flakky, there's something I don't get, there's a new story titled 'My husband and I", are you d one posting on dat thread or wah?
Re: My Husband......... by Pukka36(f): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Onemansquad:
Not when the Author said Adam took after Jacobcry
Re: My Husband......... by Bekeebest: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2015
Onemansquad:
What made u think like that?....
Re: My Husband......... by Ziziola: 10:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Now I can say Jane is silly. She wants to ruin her marriage. Where on earth is she going
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
roniex2:
Flakky, there's something I don't get, there's a new story titled 'My husband and I", are you d one posting on dat thread or wah?
Not me dear,its somborri else with a different story.
Re: My Husband......... by moscyt(m): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
Flakkydagirl:
Not me dear,its somborri else with a different story.
When is the next update coming up? Dang!!! This story is interesting.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hannah stepped on the breaks with all her might,driving at such a high speed was something she had never done before,but the goodnews was making her go gaga.She whistled softly,turning the radio to its highest volume singing along to Niyola's Toh bad,which was one of her favorite music,she swerved dangerously to avoid a car coming by her right hand side,she felt nervous for an instant as it disappeared at the thought of sharing her new status with her friends,what a surprise!

She reduced the speed of the car as she made a bend that led to the estate gate,she stopped the car and brought out a purse as the men in uniform greeted her,she removed five clean one thousand naira notes and handed to the one who seemed to be their boss,the man in return threw her a salute and a very wide smile.Hannah waved at him,ignited the car and drove home.

She horned when she came to the gate,Toun opened for her to drive in,just as she closed the gate,Hannah got down from the car and hugged her sister from behind,screaming with joy.Toun was scared at first,"What is it?" she asked in fright.
Rekia rushed out from the house,a big stirring spoon in her hand."Hannah wetin do you?" she asked in pidgin coming closer as Hannah jumped on her too.

Hannah almost pushed them inside,laughing hysterically,she dropped her bag and brought out a bottle of champagne,Rekia soon arrived with three wine glasses."Babes i have got goodnews for you tonight." Hannah said expressing her beautiful set of dentition as she smiled,filling the glasses. "Hmmm what's the gist o." Rekia asked accepting the glass from her."Lets makes a toast now." The girls lifted their glasses."To happiness,to long life,to good health,wealth,and engagement." she shouted while the others shouted. "Cheers."

Hannah dropped her glass,and raised her hand,there was a shimmering gold ring on her third finger,"Take a look girls,Ade proposed and now i am engaged to marry him." she screamed in excitement,almost out of breath.

"What!"
"Wow" the other girls screamed in delight embracing her,they fell on the couch together with a thud. "I am so happy for you sweetheart." Rekia had tears dripping down the side of her face as she made those statement. Toun lay speechless on the couch,it was more than a surprise,Ade had broached about wanting to settle down with Hannah on a phone conversation they had about a week ago,but she didn't expect it to be this soon.
"You are now engaged to marry,so soon? Oh my God you are so lucky." Rekia continued to say. "Thank you dear." Hannah answered. "So tell us,how did it happen?' Toun said at last.
Hannah tried to calm down,she finished her drink and smiled at her friends,who were very eager to hear it all. "He told me to help him pick a house,so i followed and made a selection,it was a beautiful one storey buiding,with a garden,a pool and a playground,quite spacious i must say,the rooms were large and furnitures good,the kitchen was a great place too and the bedroom,he asked if i liked it and i said yes and just like that he went on a bended knee and told me he loved me,he wanted a family and kids from me,he didn't just want a home but a family and life with me,he brought out this ring and proposped to me,i was in shock,i had to pull myself together before saying a big yes." she laughed out aloud so happy for herself. "He put the ring on my finger and kissed it,before embracing me."

"I was floating in heaven,it was a dream come true,a fantasy become reality,i have always allowed my mind to wander back then in school on what kind of couple we would make together,a mammywater and Ade pink lips,and all of a sudden,its coming true,i am going to be married soon." she screamed again.

" So..so...so romantic." Toun exclaimed, "Please add tantalising to it jare,i wish i was there to witness the whole drama,you must have had waters running down your yellow cheeks." Rekia said,refilling their glasses. "Ofcourse i was crying because i wasn't expecting him to do that,it took me by surprise.it was so real that he had tears in his face too,truth be told,we were both in tears." Hannah explained.
"So what happened next?" Rekia asked making a naughty face at Hannah.
"See you o,bad mind,nothing happened o,actually... em em... I made him promise not to ask me for that,not until the night of our wedding,and as he has been cool about it.Can't you guys see that i am a lucky girl." She told her friends.

Toun was deep in thought,Hannah had been hiding the truth from her husband to be,too bad! "Hannah is he aware of your status?" she asked quietly.

"Status ke? Which status again now?" Rekia asked confused. "I meant her Hiv status,is Ade aware?" Toun repeated the question loudly.

Hannah flinched,then kept quiet for a while,the truth was beginning to dawn on her,she couldn't hide forever,and sooner or later her secret would be out in the open.She had to do something about it,definetly,there must be a way around it,yes.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Annstar(f): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
weldone flakky... u are doing a great job here
Re: My Husband......... by udison(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Big Ego..jealousy....would soon start visiting a counselour.at my age ave gat bad anger issues lyk Jacob..hope i can curb it b4 am ready 4 marriage..Wont want to make my wife cry..
Jane's subconcious self is feeling smtin for Toye... Flakkydagirl good job to you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by princessadeola(f): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2015
nice story, keep it up.
Re: My Husband......... by E383: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: My Husband......... by Pukka36(f): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2015
E383:

P ukka36 sad
Hi,How r U?
Re: My Husband......... by Jumizie13(f): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, na so all of dem dey get coma for dem life. Weldone flakky
Re: My Husband......... by povicky1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Next please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.