Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. (28853 Views)

$9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Northern Muslims Demand N105bn Compensation From FG For Genocide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by fiizznation: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by buchilino(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...

either u don't understand English or ur very daft
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by wittytezzy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
don.pope:
Idi.ot!! a Yoruba man made a comment about the north without a mention of Igbo and you are here with your deluded mind dragging my people into it,...shame on your generation.. Watch #Igbophobia kill you!
Bros be ye nt go hypocritical with ur own self!...i guess u wnt attempt sayin u r saints down there in the south,
ALL WE ARE CALLING FOR IS ACOLLECTIVE EFFORT TO EVENLY & HEAVENLY RESCUE NAIJAH
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by afolajohn: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
sincerenigerian:

Some of you just say sh1t to satisfy your ego. Tell us what makes Sanusi a "foremost jihadist". What an id1ot you are!
I want to believe u r educated,be objective in ur view.pls stp insulting critical and analytical reasons and views.10x

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by garamah: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: hear dis swine. And which power does lagos give any state in the north ? Mehn I hav always told many folks that majority of the so-called educated elites in the south r mere educated illiterates. Hav u ever heard of shiroro hydro station or the kainji hydro station which generates power to almost every state in nigeria!!! Kai
. Hey chronic mallo was those dams built by the northerners or by the govt and moreover these dams were there because of the inability of the ruler then to think technically so they make use of naturally available rivers for dams.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Yujin(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Cubeet: Nigeria without the North would have been great
Correction my friend!
Nigeria without the CORE NORTH would have been greater than some european countries. Uthman Ibn Hodio's Islam destroyed Hausaland and its surrounding kingdoms.
Gideon Orkar's coup was a surgical coup that would have restored life to comatose Nigeria but regretably its precision was marred by factors unknown to me(fate?).
Muslim north of Nigeria is a harbinger of retrogression and surprisingly their apathy towards this glaring observation is never comical for serious minded folks.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by 1oracle(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: Mtcheew wat nonsense frm a foolish prof.. Owkay ur own region that is filled up with profs and educationists up and down is beta than USA

Does the region the professor come from has 10 million almajiris?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nagoma(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
kwajahafiz: Me thinks the professor has innocently ascribed to the mentioned an intellectualism that might not have been there to begin with.
There still remains a crass medieval identity with thier religion, In the psyches of most educated upward appearing Northerners.....I think I can call it the Rankadede complex......No matter how cosmopolitan or exposed....They still hastily return to thier father and grandfather's views of seeing things.....shame.

Retard.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by ATMCARD2(m): 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: and ur region is more developed than usa ? U flat-head, why dnt u tell us how everything is moving fine in ur region? grin besides, hav u eaten today?
Mumu,i guez u're 1 of d almajris.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by caprini: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
A good example of great Muslim governance is Lagos State.Since 1999 till date,Lagos has been ruled by a Muslim,and yet everyone troops in from all corner of the world to have a piece of her.Its very simple ,Education is the difference, abi Fashola no be Muslim?check out developments in every corner of Lagos. I travelled and came back,went to the island,couldn't believe it was in Lagos.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Newheart: 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
pls how will I be able to create a new topic or to even comment.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by garamah: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: jst zip it dere. Now hear urself. He wants a beta north.. The so-called prof is the hypocrite, is his sw beta than the north ? The north is a 100 times beta than the sw in terms of development. The only state in the sw that is developing in the sw is lagos, and daz even bcuz the state was a former capital. U can't compare ogun to kadauna, or compare ekiti, ondo, osun states to states in the north like kano, niger, bauchi states in terms of development.

The only thing that the sw ll tell the north is they hav many profs and educationist more than the north which majority of them r mere educated illiterates jst like the prof.
I can tell u that even maiduguri that has all the boko harams in it is far better than ekiti state in terms of development. If the bokoharams thing is not there, no sane being ll like to settle in ekiti state instead he ll choose maiduguri over it... So the prof shd first think abt the devevlopment of his region.. We knw our problems in the north and we dnt need any retarded prof to tell us our problems.
. Modern fool, it is only a fool that despises correction and instruction, how many states in Nigeria that the rich take decisions for mass in terms of how they live their lives, that you only see people in govt offices only at the end of the month, education system is zero, mentality/mindset is negative and (9th century mentality) anachronistic, one rich man in a town/family we never think of how to others how to catch fish but only give them fish so they can all be under his/her subjection. The Ondo, Ekiti etc that you mentioned are far better than any northern state because the citizens have a developed and innovative mind. As I'm writing this, I'm in one of the northern state. Examine these things critically.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by obayaya(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
some ppl on this thread needs to be banned till 2107 for ethnic and religious bigotry...

where's sexkills?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by tzege: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Responses from the mentioned Northern 'leaders'
El Rufai: This ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ the work of my political detractors

Sanusi: Ȋ̝̊̅̄ refuse to be distracted

Shehu Sanni: Ȋ̝̊̅̄ cannot comment on the dealings of Allah amongst His subjects

Ribadu: The North would develop when Ȋ̝̊̅̄ become president
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Jarus(m): 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: The right question this lazy minded prof should be asking is:

[size=17pt] What brand of Islam and Christianity are Nigerians practicing that is not practiced elsewhere in the world[/size]

I hate lazy minded hypocrites and wak ppl!!
. That's my problem with PA's analysis too. I don't think the backwardness, north and south of Nigeria, has anything to do wth religion. We just have bad leaders. On Sanusi, el-Rufai, Ribadu and co, I think prof wasn't fair to them too. None of them was a state governor to turn the north into Dubai or Kuwait or Qatar. Sanusi donated to the reparation of Kano (a norther city), we called for his head. Now you're saying he is watching while the north retogresses. What else do we want? This is beyond the Sanusis and Ribadus of this world. El-Rufai as FCT minister had powers to turn Abuja into the Qatar we are talking abot, he almost did. So what else do we want? However, I understand Pius was only mentiooning those guys as sample of sane guys from the north that can effect change. But we need to understand that this beyond them. Their real, elected leaders are more accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by titoetal(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...

The prof didn't blame Islam. However, he wants to see these northern Islamic elites embrace modernity and inspire their followers just like those middle east nations. He is baffled that these mid east nations despite being Moslems, yet they embrace modernity that outpaced others and not actions that leads to retrogression
The prof might be reacting to the destruction of thousands of beer sometimes ago in one northern state cos of sharia law.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by thewarrior72: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
tongue
Islam is a ret@arded religion,practiced by retardeens....so I'm not surprised by the backwardness of the north
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nafiachi(m): 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wow, bro I really bow for your observations, actually you aren't the only one to have spotted those lapses in the way we reason in my region (Northern Nigeria), it is quite unfortunate, we have completely mixed may be traditions of the average Hausa man into Islam, and I think it is very important for us to begin to stress the need for a change.
On the aforementioned individuals, the elrufai and co, u actually can't blame them because they are all beneficiaries to those type of Mentality, that is why I would love people like YOU who have nothing to lose in the region to continue to post such, it is really welcomed, I believe a sound economically and intellectually viable Northern Nigeria would do the Nation real good.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by bb4522(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
First of all I am a northerner from north east precisely. Am very delighted and strongly concur with what Prof said. Its bizzare that we don't want to accept the fact and reality of life. Am not stunned with some of my notherners' comments here. The Prof raised some very important points which can ONLY be understood by "sound minds" and interlectuals. The north rule for long but its still looking like a dungeon except for few states. All what we do most is to critizes both religion and oppress the poor. Religion has played a major downfall of the entire north. In my state politics is viewed same as religion, its saddens my heart when due people are not placed at the right government positons unless he/she is of same religion. The second point I want to raise is lack of positive investment by our looters( senators, reps, governors etc), MAJORITY depend solely on government jobs to better our lives than to start business on our own. Our people steal our money fail to invest it in the north, build fine houses and go for luxury vacations abroad and YET we blame Mr President. My senator for 8yrs did not drill a single borehole and yet when ever his back home pple gather and chants his name like that of the Prodigal son. The truth is always bitter, some comments here sound very hilarious. Am not supporting the south bt I believe they too have their own problems. Go to saudi,dubai, qatar etc today and see for ur self or watch TV if u can't afford, to view how pple extend helping hands to the society. Am not surprise to see Dangote's invertments are mostly in the southern part of the country. My friends when educated minds like Prof Talk not every degree holder may comprehend. Not every degree holder pass tru school ooo, some na school pass tru them e.g flizznation

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by ogene70: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2013

My friend go back and point to us where he blamed islam? The Prof only blamed Northern Elites for practising unprogressive islam.
Rather than admit the truth you are here trying to derail the thread...another backward element in the house!
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by mathskill: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by klax(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: He forgot to ask what brand of Christianity is being practiced in states like Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Cross er, Anambra, Imo, Aba that is not being practiced in USA, Venezuela, Norway, Sweden, Canada etc..

I hate hypocrisy with disgust! This prof sits his dumb asss in Canada and have the guts to talk?

Mehn shut up professor!! Let's see what brand of Christianity is being practiced in East West and South of the country that is not practiced in USA, Sweden, Norway, Venezuela etc..

Fuckiing paid hack talking like he is an intellectual. Granted that Sanusi is just a too fanatical to embrace modernity which may topple his chances of emir or whatever, Sanusi has contributed to Nigeria more than this loud mouthed fake intellectual prof. Who da fuk is he?

A prof in English? lmao!!!! Negro please!! The problem is nation wide and the iddiotic prof is suppose to ask what brand of Xtianity and Islam re Nigerians practicing that is not practiced elsewhere in the world. He didnt mention Yoruba Muslim states and others.

If he is so smart, why are his ideologies not reflected in Nigerian society? Oh yeah bittchh nigga took the easy way out and became a Canadian instead of fighting for change in Nigeria.

We don't need your opinion prof, stay in Canada and die a foreigner! foool

Honestly Bro if not I dont want to insult you I would have say you are a mad man first class Goat(Ewu). God bless.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nightshift: It's not just a northern problem, but a reflective indictment of Nigeria's elites. The backwardness might be more visible in the North, but where is Dubai, Abu- Dabi or Riyadh in our southern oil cities of Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri?
We have been lacking pragmatic political leaders in Nigeria since independence, especially at the centre.

Warri, Port Harcourt or Bayelsa would have had a rapid development if Nigeria was practicing the same system of govt with UAE. Do you know that Abu-Dabhi as a province is far richer than the whole of UAE and sometimes lend money to UAE (i.e their fed govt). This is bco the UAE system allows for full regional control of resources.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by mathskill: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
ogene70:

My friend go back and point to us where he blamed islam? The Prof only blamed Northern Elites for practising unprogressive islam.
Rather than admit the truth you are here trying to derail the thread...another backward element in the house!
The Prof. categorically mentioned and blamed Islam. He is wrong and must be corrected.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Imoy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
You are so onpoint proff. Tell dem the bitter truth.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by genali(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nightshift: It's not just a northern problem, but a reflective indictment of Nigeria's elites. The backwardness might be more visible in the North, but where is Dubai, Abu- Dabi or Riyadh in our southern oil cities of Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri?
We have been lacking pragmatic political leaders in Nigeria since independence, especially at the centre.
may god bless your ancestors for giving this logical ans to that stupid prof
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by nduchucks: 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
Attempting to hold Ribadu, Sanusi, and El-rufai responsible for a region's alleged "practise of a retrogressive brand of Islam" is silly, foolish, ignorant, racist, bigoted, and smacks of phobia of the "North".

You people should start your sermons by first holding Okonjo Iweala, Alao Akala, Aganga, and others responsible for the tithe gulping, and false prophesying type of Christianity we see in the South. Nonsense!!

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by BrightCar: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
sincerenigerian:

Some of you just say sh1t to satisfy your ego. Tell us what makes Sanusi a "foremost jihadist". What an id1ot you are!
THAT IS THE PROBLEM MANY OF YOU HAVE, U ARE VERY QUICK AT ATTACKING THE PERSONALITY, AND WILL NEVER PROFFER SOLUTION OR SUGGESTIONS TO THE PRESSING ISSUE BEGGING FOR ANSWER THAT IS BEEN RAISED. THUS THE PROBLEMS REMAINS THERE UNSOLVED. ANY WAY IT ALL BOILS THAN TO THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND CIVILIZATION THAT MANY STILL ATTAIN.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Jerroryb123: 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
Well said prof
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Imoy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: He forgot to ask what brand of Christianity is being practiced in states like Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Cross er, Anambra, Imo, Aba that is not being practiced in USA, Venezuela, Norway, Sweden, Canada etc..

I hate hypocrisy with disgust! This prof sits his dumb asss in Canada and have the guts to talk?

Mehn shut up professor!! Let's see what brand of Christianity is being practiced in East West and South of the country that is not practiced in USA, Sweden, Norway, Venezuela etc..

Fuckiing paid hack talking like he is an intellectual. Granted that Sanusi is just a too fanatical to embrace modernity which may topple his chances of emir or whatever, Sanusi has contributed to Nigeria more than this loud mouthed fake intellectual prof. Who da fuk is he?

A prof in English? lmao!!!! Negro please!! The problem is nation wide and the iddiotic prof is suppose to ask what brand of Xtianity and Islam re Nigerians practicing that is not practiced elsewhere in the world. He didnt mention Yoruba Muslim states and others.

If he is so smart, why are his ideologies not reflected in Nigerian society? Oh yeah bittchh nigga took the easy way out and became a Canadian instead of fighting for change in Nigeria.

We don't need your opinion prof, stay in Canada and die a foreigner! foool
U are a mumu! Is there almajiri in bayelsa or any southern states? Do southern people reject immunization becos its from the westerners? Think b4 u post my friend.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Abuklaw(m): 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tofax: Ribadu, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Shehu Sani, etc, have failed.How can such stellar cerebral minds be there and we don’tfeel the collective impact of their presence on any kind of governance vision for the North? Where is the infusion of their thought into the vision of their society? What sort of
advice are they giving the premedieval breakers of bottles and the builders of mosques with Federal allocation?
if they didn't built mosque and modrassas with federal govt allocation; should they use it to pump champagne just like your retardeen president? atleast their is something to show for this money and moreover the dubai and indonesia in question also built mosque with federal money now

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Abuklaw(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Imoy:
U are a mumu! Is there almajiri in bayelsa or any southern states? Do southern people reject immunization becos its from the westerners? Think b4 u post my friend.
you are the best clown of the year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Enugu Procures 100 Innoson Vans, 260 others For Security Agencies / NDLEA Arrest Drug Kingpin, 5 Others, Seize 6,000kg Of Drugs In Lagos Island / President Buhari Worshiped At Al-Nabawi Mosque In Medina (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.