Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117395 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2017
Soft music filtered through the background. It was soothing. Soulish even. Every pitch and note blending into a frictionless perfection. It filled his eyes, his nose, just about everything. This was music as nature had designed, the pure unadulterated music. It didn't just come from him but from everyone else. A network of sound guiding their movements and decisions.

Dathan opened his eyes. He was standing in mid-air, like everyone else.

A young lady dressed in a flowing gown, iridescent enough to make one gape in wonder, approached him and stopped just above his head. A smile caressed her face as she poured the content of a test tube on him. As soon as the first drop touched his head, a warmth like he had never felt exploded in him and he began to feel transparent. He had a feel that he wasn't the only one that had noticed the sudden change. His thoughts and dids no longer had a hiding place. His heart began beating in an irregular pattern.
He hoped to the gods that the lady, whoever she was wasn't aware of what was happening. He looked up at her and she nodded slowly not losing her smile. She then began whistling a tune, different entirely from the harmony he had heard at first.

As if by programme, he began to drift to the right, uncontrollably. It was useless trying to turn away. Nothing of his worked with his will any longer. Everything flowed to the rhythm of the whistling.

As he drifted, he caught sight of people, different ages and sizes, drifting too in different directions. Babies, aged, skinny, obese, all were present.

What was this place?

He was channeled into entrance of a dark room. He slowly drifted in. All was still here. The silence, maddening. He could hear his heart tick and his blood trickle into vessels and capillaries. A long time passed during which everything he'd ever done began to flow into his memory as fast as a waterfall. He felt his heart squeeze at every recall of an evil action he'd done. Soon, the pain began to creep into every joints of his body bringing with them a burning sensation. The pain was unearthly. He felt his bones melt slowly. He wondered how he was still breathing when every ounce of pain felt like the last straw before his life force would fade. He tried to scream but found no outlet for his voice. There was no mouth, not anymore. Only flesh remained. And even that too began to fall apart.

Soon, all that remained was a pile of flesh. All consciousness ebbed out from his like the last bit of thread in a candle, the wax having burned out. Then it finished.

He didn't know how long it took. The only thing he recalled was the blast of a high pitched whistle. It stirred him up. Darkness was everywhere and everywhere was darkness. Still, he felt a presence.

A fresh whistling began, lilting as it blared. It came at him. His essences began to creep in from wherever they might have been. But this was different. It was as though they had been renewed somewhat. He felt an ethereal sense of pleasure, ease and satisfaction as his essence filled his fleshy form on the floor. As the last bit of his essence flowed in, every bit of flesh began to align. In a minute, his frame was set. Bones started solidifying. In minutes, his form had materialized.

For what seemed like the first time, he opened his eyes. Standing before him was Theodore Alphonux, the first Thorank king. It wasn't as if he'd seen him in all of his lively form before but a certain awareness kept bubbling up in him. It was an epiphany.

Theodore was as handsome as he'd been described in books. His eyes sparkled, the color of lapis lazuli. He had a smile plastered across his face. Every expression of his was the true definition of genuine. There was no pretense with him. He wasn't angry at him in any way. He wasn't angry he had desecrated the Thorank order, wasn't angry he had altered the line of kings, wasn't angry he had sparkled the first real transmottening. All of that was forgotten and for once in his existence he felt no shame.

Theodore opened his mouth and let out a breath. Dathan found his mouth responding, opening to let in the breath. That was the last he remembered. The visions hit him, exploding in his subconscious. It began with the decision to place the sons of Thorank roundabout the edges of the realm till the inevitable death of one he'd come to love.

A/N: This was very quickly typed as I wanted to avoid keeping y'all waiting. I will come back to edit, putting italics and all in places. Enjoy your read!

MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Make una try comment small na. Your feedbacks help me know whether or not to make adjustments, what to emphasize on and all. Don't forget I'm just uploading as I write. It's not as if the work's been completed already.

Dey with me! I'll try to update before bedtime...

May the odds be in your favor

MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Dranoid: 1:40am On Nov 19, 2017
Still following

Can't wait to see what will happen in the end
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 19, 2017
Can I come in?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 3:40am On Nov 21, 2017
jagugu88li:
Can I come in?
Why not?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
I had a very hectic last week. I could barely come online.

Expect updates to continue this week, though, I'm currently tired from the troubles of traveling by road.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by joviegghead: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
Waiting
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by itsandi(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ojusco(m): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
well done sir
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Favyo(f): 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ur story is amazing bro, and I enjoyed reading it to this extent, but now, what's up nah?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2018
Favyo:
Ur story is amazing bro, and I enjoyed reading it to this extent, but now, what's up nah?

Good morning. How did you find it? I thought by now it should hidden in the list.

I rarely come to nairaland. I just came this morning to check some stuffs and found this thread among my following list. I will continue this story. As a matter of fact I have two more chapters already but there's hardly motivation to continue. I have other stories I'm working on but I'll finsih this one surely. It's one of my favorites.

OK, you know what? Just give me few days. I'll be passing out of NYSC soon and I will then have time to continue writing this book.

Shoot me a mail on pabsolined@gmail.com. I'll inform you when I'm back with a new update.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by devilmaycry1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
Wow
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm back for good. I will begin a weekly update of this story. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Dranoid: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2018
pabon:
Hello everyone! I'm back for good. I will begin a weekly update of this story. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Welcome back.

I really hope it's for good as you said. And please try and summarize the story in a post or something so that we'll remember the characters and the plot. Thank you

Cheers.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Spiritmask: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2018
pabon:
we hope so, welcome back
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by donteanz(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
Pabon The Boss.

As A Member Of The Fictional Thorank Family, I'm Happy To Hear That Updates Will Commence As From Tomorrow
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2018
Dranoid:

Welcome back.

I really hope it's for good as you said. And please try and summarize the story in a post or something so that we'll remember the characters and the plot. Thank you

Cheers.

That's what I'm going to do. Even for myself, I need to get back the whole plot so I can fit perfectly into the head of my character.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2018
I wanted to ask a question. Do you know anyone here, I mean from Nairaland, who has made it big from writing?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by devilmaycry1(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2018
welcome back
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2018
Mr pabon....why do we like this nahhh

by december "CALL OF THE WIND" will be celebrating HER 6 years anniversary.......just imagine pikin way dem born that time.......

i don forget where i stop self,i have to start from page 1 but believe me i was captivated...imagine me reading thru out yesterday night......but biko come and finish this masterpiece

pabon:
Mr pabon...it is one month plus oooo.....i see nothing
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
rockhillz:
Mr pabon....why do we like this nahhh

by december "CALL OF THE WIND" will be celebrating HER 6 years anniversary.......just imagine pikin way dem born that time.......

i don forget where i stop self,i have to start from page 1 but believe me i was captivated...imagine me reading thru out yesterday night......but biko come and finish this masterpiece

Mr pabon...it is one month plus oooo.....i see nothing

Jesu! Six years! Abeg I must write something this night. I will finish this book before September ends.

Six years! God abeg o!

#Madeofmore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Chapter 19

There was hardly any word to describe George’s state. He was at a war of emotions. Each entity of his feelings were clashing, with panic for swords. Two, however, were more pressing. He was angry at Dathan for allowing himself to be controlled so easily yet again. This wasn't supposed to be happening to the guy who he'd thought had strong self-will. He cursed at the air for allowing himself to rely on an idiot he only recently met.

He was also afraid. He was more scared that they were losing already. Dathan seemed unreachable. It was two days closer, two days since Dathan had fainted, and he hadn't so much as shown any sign of a change. At this point, even a glimmer of hope would do. The bloke had not so much as stirred

Of what use is he then? His body should be floating on the surface of the ocean already!

He shook his head. He was losing it. You never thought that for a friend. Never. Everyone deserves their chance at life. But damn! What was he to do? Mr. Logan had told him not to blame himself for Dathan’s predicament. Easier said than done. He'd been the one putting all the pressure on him. He should have known. Not everyone can go about carrying the fate of a people. He was born for such. Dathan? The boy only recently stopped making trouble for the realm. The transformation was usually slow. George had rushed him, giving him ideas that weren't achievable.

Damnit! He was beginning to doubt his destiny again. It was becoming unbearable. Just then, he heard sounds which ebbed closer with each passing second. There was a certain rhythm to their approach. He brushed himself standing up.

They came into view at last. It was the Thorank people. Mr. Logan had advised he began training sections for the Thorank people as they had to be part of the battle. It was their duty to defend the realm. Plus, they were the only ones here who had pure magic whisking through their veins.

He hadn't seen anything this colorful, not since he left Manterror's castle. The sons of Thorank had come dressed in their regalia. There were four sons, evident in their wears, each order with its unique colouring.

Each order, he had read, had a unique ability that separated them from others.

George greeted them with a low hissing sound. He could do it so easily now. He'd come to know how it worked. No, there was no work in the real sense. You just opened your mouth, and the sounds came out in line with your thoughts. You'd have to be a Thorank though.

The four leaders of each order came out in front. They stood facing the people. Then, as if rehearsed, they began giving a cry that sounded like the blaring of a horn. The people started moving in different directions and in few minutes, had separated into groups, their colours identifying them. Their leaders stood in front of the lines they'd formed.

One of the leaders, with entirely bald head, approached George. He had a tattoo on his head painted red. He took a stance. Flapping his robes, he stirred the wind and began rotating his hand, like he was rolling something invisible. To George’s amazement, the wind turned into his path. He spun on, the way you'd spin clay to make vessels. He did this for a while and then drew it, whatever it was, close to himself. George noticed that his chest was contrasting. He was taking a deep breath. Then he released his breath into the wind as he pushed it away.

The fire that ensued was unlike any George had seen anywhere. Its edges were rimmed with blue flames but inside was red-hot. George clapped as the man bowed his way back to his line.

Another elder stepped forward. He wore green sleeveless robes. He had green bands tattooed on his upper muscles. He too gathered the wind, but his style was different. He kept dancing around with his hands and feet moving as though following a rhythm. After he had picked enough of the wind to cause a mini-tsunami, he brought it close to his mouth and in one swift motion, gulped everything down his throat.

As if that was not shocking enough, he began to grow in size. Surprisingly, his robes too grew with him. When at last he stopped, what George saw was an exact representation of a giant. He was in his own eyes as a mouse before an elephant, not that he'd seen an elephant before, but from what he'd heard, they were pretty huge. The exact words he remembered were that they stood like a wall. This guy was even taller.

George was pretty impressed. He imagined these sons tearing apart the flying creatures that were threatening to stop their existence.

An affirmative nod from George saw the elder, his belt reading Vianix, take a deep breath. He then exhaled, the air visible as a burst of wind. He swiftly deflated until he returned to size. He too made a bow and went back to his order.

The representative of the third sons, the elder, came next. He had a white robe and wore sandals that revealed flat toes. There was nothing out of the normal about him. He looked gentle even. George wondered if this one would even last ten minutes when the great battle began.

As if on cue, he began moving his hand like one swimming his way through a body of water. He then closes his eyes and waited. One of the sons from his order, a hefty guy with a build that would have rivalled the best of Manterror's men, stepped forward . He took his stand and then with a swiftness George wouldn't have ever imagined he had, he ran towards the guy who had his eyes closed. The moment he came close to within two feet, he was flung back like an invisible wall with hands had forced him back.

George was ecstatic. He wondered why they'd lose at all if these men were present. The fourth sons hadn't even given their demonstration. He smiled as the guy leading them came forward. He had yellow robes on. His head was bald and had a circle tattoo on his head.
He too, like the first son, manoeuvred the wind. He built it high till it danced around his waist. Then, with the accuracy of the time, he climbed onto it and rode away. He used his legs like a paddle and could make himself go higher. He could fly.

George thought he was going to explode from all the excitement, and from the look on Mr. Logan's face, he was sure there was mutual agreement . George, feeling very happy, led the men to the open field they had just behind the house where he allowed them take drills and perfect their skills

He and Mr. Logan walked back to the house very excited. For the first time in days, there was a glimmer of hope. Just then a scream broke out from home. It was a high-pitching scream, the like that only Cordelia could produce.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2018
Cc
Rockhillz
Dranoid
devilmaycry1
spiritmask
favyo
ojusco
joviegghead

I finally updated ooo...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by devilmaycry1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
thank for the updatd
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by tunjilomo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
This your story is really interesting. The storyline and plot is amazing and the characters are interesting ones. I like it.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
tunjilomo:
This your story is really interesting. The storyline and plot is amazing and the characters are interesting ones. I like it.

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Spiritmask: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2018
pabon:
Cc
Rockhillz
Dranoid
devilmaycry1
spiritmask
favyo
ojusco
joviegghead

I finally updated ooo...
nice update, pls do continue this beautiful story of yours
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Teehsticckz(m): 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
Please continue the story boss...Really interesting..Looking forward to more timely updates
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Cc pabon come and continue
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
I've edited the last update. You guys can help me out by pointing little errors when you see them. Let's do this'll together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.