Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117334 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Pheezie(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
repogirl:
https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Peju%2520amadi

You should be able to if you use the browser. I doubt the app would work on your phone.
I'll buy it when i repair my phone then.
Can i send you the money so you can send it to my mail as pdf?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by repogirl(f): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Pheezie:

I'll buy it when i repair my phone then.
Can i send you the money so you can send it to my mail as pdf?
I don't sell directly anymore

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Pheezie(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
repogirl:
Alright. Noted.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
repogirl:

Hmm... repogirl! Doing your thing on my story thread! I don't mind sha. It's just that it's derailing the thread. I actually like your presence here.

Wish you and yours all the best!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by repogirl(f): 8:22am On Jan 18, 2019
pabon:

Hmm... repogirl! Doing your thing on my story thread! I don't mind sha. It's just that it's derailing the thread. I actually like your presence here.

Wish you and yours all the best!
smiley Sorry about that. Keep up the good work.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by MAcSEEKER: 8:08am On Jan 22, 2019
#pabon the way the story d slow d make me ask myself wether u b one of buhari's campaign team or if u be follow atiku fly go U.S
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2019
MAcSEEKER:
#pabon the way the story d slow d make me ask myself wether u b one of buhari's campaign team or if u be follow atiku fly go U.S

LOL. I don't do politics, for now. I will find time to write here today. I never knew you were following this story. Well done!

#MADEOFMORE!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BlessedNiel: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2019
[quote author=pabon post=75000113]

I will find time to write here today.

#MADEOFMORE!!![/quomte]

Please mention me if you do.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Taniaa(f): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2019
Reminds me of Rowling's Harry Potter. Sweet.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Taniaa(f): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Reminds me of Rowling's Harry Potter. Sweet.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:12am On Jan 24, 2019
He didn’t wake to see angels carrying him to his place of reward. No, there was a certain stillness he hadn’t expected would greet his arrival to heaven. He had thought the heavens to be a place where it would all be packed filled with kids running around playing ‘catch me if you can’ and the matured checking out their fancy wagons which were plated with pure gold. Instead, there was silence, a deafening one. He opened his eyes as he heard someone calling his name. Creased brows and pale blue eyes stared into his. He sat up, the image getting clearer by the second. It didn’t make sense though. Cordelia shouldn’t be standing before him like nothing had happened. Ten hells! He had left her there all but ready to die. What had happened?

He surveyed the area to see a number of his attackers now on the floor. This included a big-headed, bug-like thing that had been most determined to quench his life. He wondered what Nora could have done that triggered the death of all of them and without much time. She doesn't have magic. There's no question about that. If she’s done this, she definitely had some help. Then he saw Harris. His features were greatly modified. Where fingers had been now sprouted tendrils and he was shooting them at the invaders with a soldier’s gravitas. Two outgrowths stood on his forehead like antennas making him resemble snails. Harris turned suddenly to look at him and he was caught staring. Harris gave him a wink and turned back to the battle. George was pleased they now had a formidable addition to their side. He watched as Harris tore the lunarlings from the sky like no man’s business.
Harris’ presence alone could have given them so much edge but the creatures just kept out point out from the sky like water cascading from the top of a cliff. He and Cordelia exchanged a look. She had her hand in Harris’. George read it as some sort of moral support as the young lad kept providing the offensive at the new lunarlings as they continued the onslaught.
They looked evenly matched now. The number of Thorank folks losing breath was proportional to the number of lunarlings going down. Their combined effort was enough to counter the attack. That was not until the ground began to shake and a new terror came to light.
Black slug-like creatures began pouring from the skies like rain and as they touched anything, they made them rot within twinkle of an eye. It was like nothing George had seen or read, not even in his vilest dreams. They hadn’t prepared for anything like this. It was happening so fast that soon, only few of the sons were standing. The others had been taken down with their flesh eroding
Nothing George could conjure, no spell he could throw could counter them fast enough. They were losing out and very fast too.
“What the hell do we do now?” Cordelia asked, her hand still tangled with Harris’ who was also lost for ideas. George looked at them and wished he could say he had an idea. This was nothing like he had ever imagined. The best thing would be for them to prevent the black daemons from touching them.

Black daemon? Where had that come from?

He had given them a name that he knew was proper. But, how was he going to defeat them? He evaluated his options. He had his magic with him. Harris could shoot tendrils and Mr. Logan had superhuman strength. From the look of things, they could forge some kind of combined attack. George tried to think up a spell that would shield them from the creatures. He needed something like a screen, a thick firm impenetrable to anyone outside. The words came to him as soon as he thought about it.

“Gather around!” he bellowed. Harris and Cordelia complied and Mr. Logan too, tearing away from the onslaught, ran towards them. He had taken a large piece of brick, no doubt debris from one of the fallen houses and had been using it to shield himself. George wondered how it was possible for him, even in his state, to have weathered the weight of the piece in lifting it up for so long.

The remaining sons alive also fell behind him. They fell in lines behind George, Harris and Mr. Logan. They were going to be leading the charge.
George told Harris to extend his tendrils as he would set fire on them and Mr. Logan should try and made sure none of the daemons got close.

“Annum Encystem!”

A thick firm like a great giant bubble encircled them, separating the rest of the battle ground. The slugs, somehow seeing what had happened, edged towards them. They approached with speed for creatures so slimy. Hideous eyes protruded from their heads like antenna. George noticed from the side of his eyes as Cordelia touched the firm to ensure it could shield them. He could smell her fear like it was acridous liquid. He saw some color return to her face when she realized it was solid.

George ordered for the remainder of the first sons with them to send fire towards the approaching back daemons. They complied and shot fire at them, Harris also using his tendrils to attack, lighting them up in fire. The fire engulfed the ugly creatures and for a moment, George thought they had prevailed. The fire drifted backwards with smoke lingering. As the smoke fog cleared, the slugs still remained, only they edged faster and with more violence.

The daemons began leaping forward like frogs, frantic rumbling filling the space. The fear is notable in their breaths. As the first set of the ugly things reach the firm, they begin poking at the firm. It didn’t budge. Soon the others joined in until they formed a big lump. They poked on the firm with a speed that was unnatural. George began to feel his hold on the firm fade.

“George please! Don’t let go!” Cordelia begged. She was already shaking, fear visible in her eyes. George wished he could hug her and tell her he wasn’t going to let go. It wasn’t true though and he knew that any moment, he would have exhausted his restraint and they’d all be vulnerable.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BlessedNiel: 7:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Thanks for the update Pabon.
Another scary one!
Will George know no respite?
Are they going to perish or will the ancestors come to their aid?
I'm patiently waiting for next update.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ojusco(m): 8:47am On Jan 24, 2019
pabon:
Cc
MAcSEEKER BlessedNiel Taniaa Ojusco Pheezie Wadewaltz Fazemood

My Oga I dey here o!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Pheezie(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2019
pabon:
Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood

Oga Pabon.
I still dey here oo but i say make i chill till you finish the story before i start reading.
The update too slow i no go lie.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Taniaa(f): 10:54am On Jan 24, 2019
pabon:
Cc
MAcSEEKER BlessedNiel Taniaa Ojusco Pheezie Wadewaltz Fazemood

Thanks for the mention looking forward to next update
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by MAcSEEKER: 12:17am On Jan 25, 2019
pabon:
Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood

biko no make me loose weight dey wait for next update oo... Thanks for d mention sha i wish i follow dey d war d help George my namesake dey fight those demons
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Two more updates guys. One this night and another tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks for following steadily. At last, it's almost over.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Reflex01(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
Waiting for the next update
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BlessedNiel: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
pabon:
Two more updates guys. One this night and another tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks for following steadily. At last, it's almost over.
I'm sitting right next to you Captain Pabon my captain
Stir the ship and take me with you on this voyage.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
George shut his eyes and said some prayers. He had no idea who was going to hear his prayers. All he knew was that they needed some serious help, one greater than his strength and his magic. His power was fading with every second as the black daemon kept poking at the firm. It was all he could do not to break down. The sheer force of the tapping alone was making him go mad already. Beside him, Cordelia leaned unto his arm with teary eyes. She, like him, knew nothing could save them if the firm gave way.
Beads of sweat lined his forehead. His muscles tensed from the strain of trying to hold the firm in place. He was losing his grip second after second and panic were spreading as everyone behind knew his grip was loosening.
I have to do something. However, there’s only so much you can do with both hands occupied. He could barely even bring himself to think. All his focus was on his hands.
“Brace yourself guys,” he said turning to Harris on his left and Mr. Logan to his right. Even as he turned to look at them, he could see that they too were scared. They had come to terms that they would have to fight their way through.
“Any moment now,” he whispered under the pain as he felt his last bit of restraint give way.

The firm finally gave way and an ear-splitting scream rent the air. George closed his eyes to take in the impact. He was too weak to do anything. Harris was already shooting tendrils as some of the sons shot fire at them. Harris looked every bit the hero George had never thought he’d attain. He was swinging around an extended tendril from his hand lit with fire. It kept the large lump of the black daemon at bay, momentarily. One positive, perhaps the only strand of hope left, was the fact that in coming together, they were confident that there’d be no surprise attack. All they needed to do was focus on the lump of them. Destroy them, and they would momentarily be free.
The black daemon suddenly shot through the fire and sprang towards them, the first one touching Mr. Logan. It met his shoes which the old man kicked off all too quickly.

Thank goodness George murmured to himself. He didn't know what he’d do if something happened to Mr. Logan.

Something approached that George hadn't seen coming. The realm, all this while wrapped in total darkness, shone with an unearthly blaze suddenly. It wasn't just any light. George's magic had produced a degree of brightness too. The enflammare spell had been no match for the darkness that had blanketed the realm. Not with this light.

It was the most radiant George had ever seen in his life. It was the kind that would rival that of the sun, the type that would usually lead to permanent blindness. They all could see through it. The light kept edging forward. Not it actually, but it's the source. As it moved, there was a confident carriage in its step. It didn't look like someone was carrying it. Instead, it looked like it was carrying something.

George wondered what this new mystery was. How would he prepare to defend himself and the others of course, from something they didn't know?

He braced himself for the worse. Maybe today's the day it ends.

As it approached, the black daemons began to melt away. They eroded and disappeared like the light was many degrees hotter than it looked.
No, it can't be. If it were that hot, we'd be feeling it already.

What then is it?

Sensing what was happening to their kind, the rest of the black daemon began to work together. Edges dissolved into edges until the lump became even thicker. They were going to string something to counter the light, their last bit of effort to string an attack. The light, whatever it was didn't feel perturbed. George wondered if it even had a direction. It just kept walking towards them like an unseen force was controlling it. It needed to see what was brewing in front of them.

The lump of the black daemon had grown in size. It was now as big as an enormous boulder and was getting bigger still. George wished the thing bearing the light would stop right then.

The lump of the evil creatures suddenly shot into the sky and disappeared. Silence spread all over the realm at once. It was the kind of silence that left a man confused.

The sons of Thorank froze where they stood, not knowing whether to be happy or to be scared. It was in that moment that the light got to where George stood flanked by Harris, Cordelia, and Mr. Logan. It dropped a package on the floor in front of George. It was a body. The light dissipated then and with it, the startling revelation of Dathan with a limp Nora at his feet.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BlessedNiel: 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Heap a big sigh of relief
First to read, first to comment

Battle with lunarlings and black daemons over I hope

Thanks for the update my captain.
More inspiration.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks BlessedNiel

Guys, it's just the last update remaining. However, I feel like I can add two more updates with new directions I'm getting. Well, I do want to get this story ended.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Fazemood(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
These two, I was just about asking "where are they?" And they appeared. Wow, great script. I was holding my breath when those deamons came swamping on them. Good work as usual OP
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
Just edited the last update. I had a tiring day. I will try to begin the last update this night.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by immacul6(m): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
ope oooo
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
God help me. I just did something to one of my characters that I've been avoiding. I feel guilty!

Updating in a bit!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
It was easy to believe that they could be creatures as ugly and terrible as the one they had faced. He could find convincing crocodiles with wings, slug-like creatures with poisonous bodies. Yet it was difficult to believe that Nora could be resigned to a position where she would be dying and unable to help herself. All the while that George has known Nora, he had only ever thought of her as vibrant and robust. She was the boss lady. She had shown no signs of cowardice and only on rare occasion had she appeared afraid. Even then, she was justified as they had all been afraid, even Mr. Logan. The vibes of the pending destruction that was to happen to the realm got to everybody.

How could this happen to Nora? What would she have thought about him?
He’d promised her that he was acting in good faith when he had suggested that she'd be the one to stay behind in the cave. He had done so not knowing what was to befall her. Even then, she hadn’t accepted and didn’t know she’d be whisked away. He wished he could change things right then. He would do anything to ensure she was safe. She would not be involved in the battle with them. She’d be somewhere where they could go to be with her after all of this was done. He couldn't help seeing her in the state she was.

All the while Dathan hadn't spoken a word. It won't be wicked of him now to think that Dathan had gone dumb from his inactivity and his time of relapse in the Thorank world. For all he knew, Dathan might have given his ability to speak in exchange for his, well, miserable life. Sometimes, that was how he saw Dathan; a guy desperate to carry on with his existence no matter the odds.
Dathan looked different. Even though the staff wasn't there for him, there appeared to be a new lease of life with which he worked and moved. He was showing this again as he turned to face the rest of the realm, his back to them as though he was expecting something only visible to his eyes.
George turned to look at Cordelia who had been squatting, like himself, looking at Nora and hoping that she would get up any moment. Their eyes met, and they exchanged a concerned look. George knew she was thinking the same thing he was thinking. Perhaps, Dathan had lost his mind. That was the kind of thing that could happen when you spend a lengthy period in the Thorank state. He remembered the few times he entered the Thorank state. It never felt normal. For Dathan, staying that long in the Thorank world must have jumbled up his mind such that he wouldn't be able to differentiate the physical world from the world that was defined by complete emptiness and a fleet of light that cannot be explained.

Something quaked from under his feet. George turned to look at the others to see if they were feeling the same thing. He first thought it was coming from Nora’s body as she resuscitated. She wasn’t getting up though. The vibration was getting thicker and thicker as though an earthquake was about to happen.
Cordelia stood up and held onto him for support. Mr. Logan too quickly held on to Cordelia not wanting anything to happen to her. Seeing the way Nora was laying helplessly on the ground, Mr. Logan wouldn't want the same thing to happen to his daughter. His wife was safe where she was. She had been summoned ahead of the battle to take charge and supervise those who would be attending to the sick and injured fighters.
They all held hands together not knowing what to do or what to expect. Dathan's body language remained indifferent. Perhaps, this was what he had been expecting.
A fierce wind broke out, becoming more violent as each second passed. Danger was coming. George could feel it. He didn’t know if he’d see anything worse than he’d seen today. Slugs that desiccated people on contact or beak-mouthed dogs, all of his wildest imaginations had played out. He knew however that a new evil was coming and it was coming fast.
Yes, evil was the feeling. It brought with it pictures of horror and death. He could see it, hear it and smell it. Damn, he could even feel it. His mind feasted, as he would with wine and savory meat, what it would feel like to die and leave the wicked world behind. He saw within split seconds the smiling image of death beckoning on him to come. With eyes blue and warm, a gaze beautiful and robust, it was enticing. Death was the best thing that could happen right now.
He opened himself up, loosening his guard for it to take charge. Death wasn't an enemy. He'd been deceived. Death was a friend. It was the friend.

All around, bodies started dropping to the floor, and even George allowed himself to be eased to the earth. Bodies fell with a thud. No cry of pain or terror followed. Only one stood.
George didn't want it to stop. The feeling of sorrowful satisfaction shouldn't end. However, something tugged at his mind. He tried to push it away, but it wouldn't leave. It kept hanging around, nibbling at the collar of the dress that was his consciousness. He managed to shrug it off sometimes, but it always came back.

Why couldn't he be allowed to die in peace?

He opened his eyes to look for one last time at the world he’d been leaving behind. The smell of ash and putrid flesh assaulted his nose. He choked from effect. He was going to cough out phlegm when he heard the sound.
Looking up, he saw Dathan’s body moving with the speed of a ghost. Yes, only a ghost could move that fast. He was beating something, blow upon blow. Then, his head sloped backward surprisingly. He might have been clobbered with an invisible club. He gave a cry as the attack continued. George couldn’t see what the assailant was.
Damn! Was it invisible?
The deathly feeling had washed off him, and now, the only priority was to get Dathan some help.

Where would he find help? What is the antidote for the evil you cannot see?

The wind was as boisterous as it had ever been that night. Dathan was already losing it as he was being propped, slammed and clobbered in the scariest ways he had ever seen. It was like evil brought its deadliest tool from its arsenal. The wind like he’d heard was the worst of all foes.

But was the wind an enemy?

George began to recall reading from the Secrets of Magic that the wind carried a neutral force. It could be a friend or a foe. It had implied that anyone could use the wind to aid his course. It was like water, the element of life. It had been called the element of choice. All it required was the summoning song, the call of the wind.
The words came to him then in a whisper. He didn’t bother looking around for its source. He knew he would see no one save for the dying folks all around that like Dathan needed saving. If anything, he needed to act fast before it became too late. Hurriedly, he began the slow commanding lines.

Let the voice of the fallen be heard
A feast of light be held for the dead
The dancers have left their footsteps behind
The drums pay heed to the signal sound
The wind arrives and saves all
The wind hears my call

As he sung, a wind, more commanding than the raging terror beating down on Dathan began to brew, and it carried everything in its wake. The bodies of the fallen, both of the Thoranks and the fallen evil were swept away. George stood where he sang, unable to get the song from his mouth. He sang on like singing was the only thing. The song was no longer words but pictures. He sang what he saw. When a glowing object came bursting from the woods, with a whoosh of wind trailing behind heading towards them, he didn’t cower in fear. He sang its welcome and when Dathan’s outstretched hand enveloped it. He knew what Dathan would do for it was his command then that everything yielded.

Dathan didn’t think twice or stop to consider. He knew the sacrifice had to be paid. George knew this too, though he only just discovered. He wished he could change that part of the song. He’d do anything to have it another way, another alternative. There was no other way. He sang on as the tears cascaded down his eyes. Dathan shouted, a mixture of anger, sadness, and pain, as he heaved it into the air. He plunged the staff into the earth, and a burst of white light exploded the realm. It ripped through the core of the land and towered into the heavens. The darkness was blown away into nothingness. A weight, like a thick blanket, lifted from the realm. It was over at last. The song stopped, and Dathan fell to the floor. The staff still glowed in his hand but was fading gradually. Two hearts slowed down in their beating. One stopped finally.

EDITED
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2019
Coming back for an edit. Then the last update. Good morning!

Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood
Reflex01
Immacul6

2 Likes

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
EPILOGUE

Two weeks had passed since the battle ended. Harris couldn’t stop crying. Nora had been everything to him. He wouldn’t be consoled. It had taken a great deal of persuasion and some magic before he let Nora’s corpse out of his sight. His anger fits usually was disastrous as he kept shooting tendrils and trying to strangle anyone who came close, sometimes beyond his control. He had spent more time out in the woods than with people. He was learning to control his woodiness. George had to spend most of the time with him to lighten the burden. They barely talked and most times, he just watched as Harris perused through books. He left one morning with a note that he’d gone a quest to discover himself.
Dathan had explained everything to them. It turned out that Dathan’s life force had drained to the point where he couldn’t live again. They’d been together, he and Nora, in the tomb and shared the visions of the events as they broke out in the realm. The battle had needed Dathan’s intervention as he only had the link with the staff that would end the war. In addition to that, Theodore had given him the rare gift of light with which he could prevail before the light came. Armed with the light and the staff, he would save the realm, but without his life force, there was little he could do.

Nora had volunteered to give him hers, but he had turned it down. Dathan never wanted to put her in harm’s way. As the battle had progressed and seen that the realm was going to be broken down and the prophecy fulfilled, Dathan had accepted to use the life force she offered but only to the extent that he needed to win the battle. He had seen that the one he’d love would die from the visions he had, but he hadn’t known it would happen like that. Yes, Nora was the one he’d come to love. He had spent a long time loathing and causing her harm. But in the few moments he spent with her, he’d grown to like her. He’d gotten to see beyond the pictures he had of her as the rumors had painted of her and her mother. He’d grown to know that she was the opposite. He regretted that he hadn’t told her his feelings before she left. He’d thought there would be enough time after the battle to have that talk, but he had been wrong. He was glad however that they had settled their differences and made sure there were no more ill-feelings while they were at the tomb.

George was doing all he could to put the guilt of Nora’s death out of his mind. He still felt he could have done something. He spent most of his evenings visiting Nora’s graveside and wouldn’t leave until it was dark or Cordelia came to take him home. He’d been presented with the Elixir of life by the watchers of the realm. It was the elixir he would use to save his people when he finally got back to Pathandra. That was supposed to be good news, but he wished it hadn’t come at the cost of Nora’s life. If there were a way to resurrect her with the Elixir, he would do it. But it didn’t immortalize the already dead.

Cordelia and himself were getting closer, and the events and mood around the realm only helped to bring them closer. A lot of people had been killed with the battle, but the majority was safe. Like Nora’s, individual monuments were being erected for the fallen Thorank sons. Their gallantry would be told and taught in schools, an indelible mark in history.

The realm wasn’t as bright as it had been in the past, but things would get back to shape. Time heals everything after all. The primary concern for George was going back to Panthadra. The dreams he’d been having alone pointed to hindrances on the way. Indeed, he knew he couldn’t just walk back to free his parents, his people. The watchers had told him something when they presented the elixir to him. They were telepathic and had told him one sentence that had he still couldn’t make out.

“To be immortal is to wage war with the dead”

The sentence was cloaked in uncertainty and confusion, and no matter how much he tried, he couldn’t decipher the meaning. The watchers didn’t speak to anyone unless they needed to and so far, they hadn’t seen a reason to call for George. The only thing he was sure of was that freeing his people would come with a consequence, one he’d decided he would face. Facing evil no longer unsettled him. He was the Thorank king after all.

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
I'm feeling very emotional right now. Aside from the events of the book, I've been working on this book since 2013. That's seven years (well, six years plus actually)!

Thanks to everyone for being there. I'll do a compilation of every single person who has made a comment whether good or bad. I want to thank you all.

I'll start another book tomorrow ( Yeah, I'm not going to stop writing just yet).

I'll drop everything about Call of the Wind for now (yes, it's a triology. Part 2 will commence towards the end of the year.)

Anticipate a new work from me.

I still am....

# MadeofMore!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Aceed: 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
oga pabon in the closing remarks of the chapter preceding the epilogue, shouldn't it be:
"...two hearts slowed in their beating not breathing"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.