Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3751536 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:58am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
Ho ho ho.... Already forgot about this project. grin grin

#LetThereBeViolence
Good luck to them and all the bros.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Which kind of radarada is this, nitori Olorun embarassed

Bros grin grin

We gotta pacify the community.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 12:06pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGqcifonvs

What's this Hulu business?

Nobody's said anything about this yet. I wonder if People here don't care about the Franchise which would be a shame as I think the premise of the Predator gives it room to tell many distinct stories, this being an example...
Whichever God you serve will bless you abundantly for posting this trailer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:16pm On May 19, 2022
Well, it all started when I was 7,8 with the movie "House of the Dead". cheesy

Movie had me seeing shït and skulls in the night. Remember the next day when I was running and slammed into the wall of the passage head on. The Koko wey comot for my head ehn. grin cheesy

Then my preteens, we use Cannibal Ferox or Cannibal Holocaust acclimatize. lipsrsealed embarassed Watching the Conjuring 2 in 2017 rekindled my interest and solidified my love.
I don't really like slashers or zombies but I'm a sucker for Supernatural horror.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2022
MJBOLT:
they are all comic book movies

Twale o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2022
★★★★☆

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:06pm On May 19, 2022
Everything Everywhere All At Once 2022

First and foremost, you must understand that if you take this film seriously, you will be disappointed. The film is not serious about itself. While I recognize that if you want to make your audience laugh there are certain techniques to follow, the comedy and crazy can only go so far in impressing me. This film piqued my interest because it was billed as a science fiction flick. However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it does not provide much in the way of science fiction.

Let's begin with the duration: 130 minutes! It's 130 minutes too arduous, and the questions I had at the end could have been answered if they had spent more time discussing specific details. Instead, they chose to lengthen it with a lot of unnecessary scenes. For a film that isn't really in the comedy category, it gets lost in it. If you don't use those extra minutes in the run time to impart detail about the film's elements, you're wasting my time.

Then there's the setting; there's nothing to see here, and it's not even impressive. While their "Multiverse phenomenon" is conveyed in a novel fashion, it is also rather messy. The film appears to have been made on a shoestring budget; if this is the case, the funds were wisely spent. The theory of the Multiverse, on the other hand, is not something that low-budget filmmakers should pursue. You will need a large budget to present that kind of story in a colorful and satisfying manner, and that is the fact.

On to the acting. The acting was excellent for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Asian acting, but I can tell when someone has put in a lot of effort to put on a good show. It's no easy feat to deliver madness on this scale, but this film has the proper personnel. The director deserves praise for a job well done. The plot moves along nicely, although there are a few flaws due to the large number of unnecessary scenes. The narrative conveyed a good message effectively, and while it, like most stories, has flaws, it is a pretty decent plot overall.

Another aspect I need to address is the dialogue. It was a disaster. It falls short of expectations for a science fiction film. I was shaking my head even when I watched passages where they used native language with subtitles. The first 60 minutes of dialogue are nearly comical. As expected, superb fight choreography and decent use of CGI for an Asian film. I can't give this movie a higher rating than a five. Not what I had anticipated. Science fiction/Adventure ugh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2022
SOZINN:

First and foremost, you must understand that if you take this film seriously, you will be disappointed. The film is not serious about itself. While I recognize that if you want to make your audience laugh there are certain techniques to follow, the comedy and crazy can only go so far in impressing me. This film piqued my interest because it was billed as a science fiction flick. However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it does not provide much in the way of science fiction.

Let's begin with the duration: 130 minutes! It's 130 minutes too arduous, and the questions I had at the end could have been answered if they had spent more time discussing specific details. Instead, they chose to lengthen it with a lot of unnecessary scenes. For a film that isn't really in the comedy category, it gets lost in it. If you don't use those extra minutes in the run time to impart detail about the film's elements, you're wasting my time.

Then there's the setting; there's nothing to see here, and it's not even impressive. While their "Multiverse phenomenon" is conveyed in a novel fashion, it is also rather messy. The film appears to have been made on a shoestring budget; if this is the case, the funds were wisely spent. The theory of the Multiverse, on the other hand, is not something that low-budget filmmakers should pursue. You will need a large budget to present that kind of story in a colorful and satisfying manner, and that is the fact.

On to the acting. The acting was excellent for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Asian acting, but I can tell when someone has put in a lot of effort to put on a good show. It's no easy feat to deliver madness on this scale, but this film has the proper personnel. The director deserves praise for a job well done. The plot moves along nicely, although there are a few flaws due to the large number of unnecessary scenes. The narrative conveyed a good message effectively, and while it, like most stories, has flaws, it is a pretty decent plot overall.

Another aspect I need to address is the dialogue. It was a disaster. It falls short of expectations for a science fiction film. I was shaking my head even when I watched passages where they used native language with subtitles. The first 60 minutes of dialogue are nearly comical. As expected, superb fight choreography and decent use of CGI for an Asian film. I can't give this movie a higher rating than a five. Not what I had anticipated. Science fiction/Adventure ugh
I haven't finished the movie...

But I will tell you this....

As far as I'm concerned...so far the entire Multiverse nonsense has not impressed me in ANY MOVIE and not just this one...
In my honest opinion, film makers are just forcing the garbage idea of the multiverse and it's limitless possibilities...
but the problem is at the core the concept of multiverse so far makes absolutely ZERO SENSE with ZERO CONSISTENCY
It is not this movie's fault about the multiverse iish...the entire Multiverse concept to me is utter crap
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2022
The moment you introduce the concept of multiverse in your story...
What you achieve is limitless plotholes and inconsistencies

Note: my issue with the multiverse is not the concept itself but the numerous plotholes and inconsistencies it brings

So far, no movie has been able to establish any clear and distinct in-world logic of how the multiverse operates...
It is just being used as a convenient way to write any inconsistent story they want

Notice I said "in-world logic" and not "real-world logic"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 3:59pm On May 19, 2022
SOZINN:

First and foremost, you must understand that if you take this film seriously, you will be disappointed. The film is not serious about itself.
No shit, it's an absurdist dramedy for fvck sake.

SOZINN:

While I recognize that if you want to make your audience laugh there are certain techniques to follow, the comedy and crazy can only go so far in impressing me. This film piqued my interest because it was billed as a science fiction flick. However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it does not provide much in the way of science fiction.
get a load of doctor comedy over here. this guy has a phd in comedy and knows more than the directors who wrote and directed this movie. I guess you must have missed the whole concept of fiction in science fiction. science fiction is a science that is not real and the multiversal jumping in the film perfectly encapsulate science fiction to a T, my guy.

SOZINN:

oh boy. my guy went straight to the 3rd base without going through the first and second. the film is a comedy drama and an absurdist one at that, which means some of the scenes are deliberately designed not to make sense in a literally sense but makes perfect sense metaphorically. it's even in the name of the film. you can't possibly be everything and be everywhere at once, but metaphorically the film is trying to tell us something, and I dare say, it executed its message perfectly. I guess everything went over your head. oops!

SOZINN:

excuse me, genius, do you honestly expect the structure of an absurdist comedy drama to be coherent? a deliberately messy film can be a masterpiece if done right, but I guess you don't know that. the cgi used in the film is suited for it, and helped make the film a colourful trip. so I don't know where you get the idea the film is made on a shoestring budget. I'm becoming more and more convinced that you didn't watch this film with every paragraph.

SOZINN:

Your review is all over the place.

Bro no be by force to dey review movie, Instead of verbosing nonsense and forming mr critic, first understand the movie wey you dey review, you hear? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:14pm On May 19, 2022
IbrahimMav:

get a load of doctor comedy over here. this guy has a phd in comedy and knows more than the directors who wrote and directed this movie. I guess you must have missed the whole concept of fiction in science fiction. science fiction is a science that is not real and the multiversal jumping in the film perfectly encapsulate science fiction to a T, my guy.

oh boy. my guy went straight to the 3rd base without going through the first and second. the film is a comedy drama and an absurdist one at that, which means some of the scenes are deliberately designed not to make sense in a literally sense but makes perfect sense metaphorically. it's even in the name of the film. you can't possibly be everything and be everywhere at once, but metaphorically the film is trying to tell us something, and I dare say, it executed its message perfectly. I guess everything went over your head. oops!

excuse me, genius, do you honestly expect the structure of an absurdist comedy drama to be coherent? a deliberately messy film can be a masterpiece if done right, but I guess you don't know that. the cgi used in the film is suited for it, and helped make the film a colourful trip. so I don't know where you get the idea the film is made on a shoestring budget. I'm becoming more and more convinced that you didn't watch this film with every paragraph.

Bro no be by force to dey review movie, Instead of verbosing nonsense and forming mr critic, first understand the movie wey you dey review, you hear? undecided

You know ball.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 4:33pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
@ AnfieldFan
Mehn, this man doesn't give two fvvks what creatives think. While it's good to assert himself, headlines like this sends alarm bells to industry players. Hope these his policies doesn't scare creatives away.

Although he does have a point. Streaming movies hardly bring any significant benefits (subscriber addition or viewership numbers) to a streaming service. I didn't even understand the point of Cry Macho project and some 2021 HBOMax movies.

Streaming services will hit a plateau at one point in time,case in point, Netflix, this doesn't mean that they are doing badly, it's just that market forces have brought them down to it's real valuation...
HBOmax needs all the content it can get for now in order to grow and reach that plateau, but if he wants to go the route he's embarking on, the mid budget movies would have to be dropped regularly so as to retain already gotten subs...

His plan of direction is good, the problem arises when there aren't enough materials to retain already gotten subs...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 4:35pm On May 19, 2022
ShaqFu:
Whichever God you serve will bless you abundantly for posting this trailer.

It's a Hulu Comanche show piece, I'm guessing it won't be heavy on action, but some good ol survival thriller...
Also, it has a female lead going against a Predator, so it might turn you off...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 4:40pm On May 19, 2022

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 4:54pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

It's a Hulu Comanche show piece, I'm guessing it won't be heavy on action, but some good ol survival thriller...
Also, it has a female lead going against a Predator, so it might turn you off...
I'm thrilled. I'm a fan of the franchise, to be precise I'm a huge fan of the Predator (Yautja)

Will love to see how the female lead will do against the Predator.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 4:55pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
The moment you introduce the concept of multiverse in your story...
What you achieve is limitless plotholes and inconsistencies

Note: my issue with the multiverse is not the concept itself but the numerous plotholes and inconsistencies it brings

So far, no movie has been able to establish any clear and distinct in-world logic of how the multiverse operates...
It is just being used as a convenient way to write any inconsistent story they want

Notice I said "in-world logic" and not "real-world logic"
what about Rick and Morty cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 4:58pm On May 19, 2022
IbrahimMav:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 5:02pm On May 19, 2022
ShaqFu:
I'm thrilled. I'm a fan of the franchise, to be precise I'm a huge fan of the Predator (Yautja)

Will love to see how the female lead will do against the Predator.

If so, very well then...
Also, it premiers on Hulu, in essence, you won't need to sail the high and dangerous seas to find your treasure, the heavy tides and waves will deliver it to you feet.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ellexy: 5:17pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Bros grin grin

We gotta pacify the community.
Bros?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:17pm On May 19, 2022
DieRich5:
what about Rick and Morty cheesy

I don't know about any Multiverse in Rick and Morty...
But were the rules and concept properly explained...

If you're creating fictional multiverse...there must be clear rules about how it work... clear fictional logic that explains it...

The problem with all the multiverse movies is there is no basis or clarity...they don't even bother to explain any logic or rules ...
They just make it work as the plot demands today ...
Make it work differently as the plot demands tomorrow...
No consistency at all ...it leads to an entire Multiverse of plot holes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:21pm On May 19, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Clam down fan boy, you are just getting worked up over nothing. I made a mistake and I admit it. I never claimed to be an expert or whatever, so I don't know where all the genius name calling is coming from. I just google movies, watch and leave a review. It's not a job and I'm not a professional OK. I google the film and I thought it was full blown science fiction/adventure and I reviewed it as such. Even at that I still gave it a 5. I saw reviews where it was given a three or four or there about. In my reviews I try to tackle all the elements in a movie as much as I can and I try to be fair. Others give low ratings below 4 or whatever without any valid reason, I don't see you crying under their posts.

I just try to say why I'm giving it a particular score.
If you love the movie so much why didn't you write your own review and profess your undying love Oh and about my reviews filling the whole place, bro, they will keep coming. If you don't like it feel free to skip or type long bullshît and be a clown in my mentions I don't give a fùck. And if this is your way of seeking attention, honestly, you no reach. I'm just replying because this is the first time I'm coming across your mention. You as a person like from head to toe, you are not relevant.

I have no issues with you being a clown trying to start fights and stuff or those praising your stupidity, because, deleting a whole âss post takes only a few clicks. So you are free to seek relevance under my mentions, I'm good with that. I don't owe you an explanation and I don't have to take down my reviews or stop posting because the don't satisfy you. I mean, why would I, you are a nobody.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 5:27pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

If so, very well then...
Also, it premiers on Hulu, in essence, you won't need to sail the high and dangerous seas to find your treasure, the heavy tides and waves will deliver it to you feet.. grin
thanks for the 411. August 5th it is then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2022
Lol, where I dey when this violence dey occur. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olayinkajnr(m): 5:40pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
**Unrelated**

Pls do anyone here know how to work around Spotify premium sub renewal. I've been trying to renew for two days now all to no avail. It's getting on my nerves already.
I cancelled my sub late February/early March. I want to renew now I'm having issues with both the site and the app. It's same card I used for paying my premium membership since last year.

I remember someone else also made a complain about it here during the Ramadan. See

You can always use my card. I only fund the account whenever I want to make online purchase.

Or better still, open a GoMoney account and request for a virtual card.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:42pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:

As far as I'm concerned...so far the entire Multiverse nonsense has not impressed me in ANY MOVIE and not just this one...
In my honest opinion, film makers are just forcing the garbage idea of the multiverse and it's limitless possibilities...
but the problem is at the core the concept of multiverse so far makes absolutely ZERO SENSE with ZERO CONSISTENCY
It is not this movie's fault about the multiverse iish...the entire Multiverse concept to me is utter crap

The Multiverse = endless possibilities
And once you have introduced it to your story you have to be very careful because it's easy to mess everything up. Ask DC and their most popular shows on the CW.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2022
Vawulence dey sleep, yanga go wake am.

A lot of us here are amateur movie critics.

Know this and know people, else, Vawulence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Multiverse isn't real or should I say it isn't something that has been proven to be real yet.

There are bound to be inconsistencies per the writer or director's bias.

Let me ask, what multiverse story line would impress you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2022
SOZINN:

The Multiverse = endless possibilities
And once you have introduced it to your story you have to be very careful because it's easy to mess everything up. Ask DC and their most popular shows on the CW.
exactly my point...
The promise is endless possibilities...
But so far all we've had is inconsistencies devoid of even the in-world logic...

None of the movies so far has explained anything on how their multiverse works...

They just use vague terms just as how movies explain inconsistencies with word like "nano tech"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:20pm On May 19, 2022
Karleb:

Multiverse isn't real or should I say it isn't something that has been proven to be real yet.

There are bound to be inconsistencies per the writer or director's bias.

Let me ask, what multiverse story line would impress you?
what I'm asking for is a set down rules on how the multiverse works...
What exactly are the rules?

E.g if spiderman gets born in verse 102, does he get born same time in all the verses?
Are the different versions the same people but with different character?
If one dies, does it affect the others? Cos if Batman dies in one early, automatically batman's son shouldn't exist in that verse...if we go that way, won't there be entirely different people by the next generation?

why are the spidermen different in the verses, but the Dr strange are basically the same people but with different character?

How do you even travel between verses?
What are the side effects?
If I even spend little time thinking I can bring about so so many more questions

I feel like they just come up with whatever is convenient for the movie...and even during the movie they just do random things for the plot without any in-world logic

That's why so far no movie has impressed me with their multiverse concept...
It's just a concept used for plot convenience without them even bothering to form up a set of rules or logic to explain it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2022
You can ignore my rant sha....
I just like understanding what I'm watching...
Not just introducing a concept without caring to even explain how the concept works...

And instead expecting me to imagine the possibilities...imagine what?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 6:58pm On May 19, 2022
Elba's beard, Hit or miss?

First poster...

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:00pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Elba's beard, Hit or miss?

First poster...
biblical movie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: johnyace(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.