Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,731 members, 7,851,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3814245 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
oyaskii:
"Thor: Love and Thunder" dropped from 86% to 74% inside a day and projections still put it at dropping further.

Modified: 71% now

Ngl....MCU phase 4 have been dodgy so far.

I was considering seeing Thor Love and Thunder at Viva Cinemas this weekend.

But when I remembered wasting money on Doctor Strange 2, I say make I wait for reviews and reconsider.

It seems I will be saving that N3500.

Thor will be out on D+ in 45 days anyways.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

You're right sha, after all said and done we watch superhero Movies to feel good but I prefer something like The Batman or Invincible or The Boys to Ragnarok cos In their own way they make you feel good too.

Those are real life emotions to me but it all boils down to preference sha.
Like me I don't joke with feats cheesy a superhero movie might be really good but if you mess up their feats it falls short for me.
I also prefer things like The Boys and Invincible

They make the superheroes feel more realistic...
Not those unrealistic ones abiding by unrealistic moral standards

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Parizz:
i cried when natasha romanoff and tony stark lost their lives in Endgame(cries again). They were suppose to come back in one piece.

That's why the movie was memorable for you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Those Moral standards can still be there and it would still feel real like In MOS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Those Moral standards can still be there and it would still feel real like In MOS
true...
Man of Steel is my fav superman movie and one of my fav superhero movies

Who directed it sef?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
Parizz:
truth hurts

So the truth hurt you soomuch that you had to label him a racist?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
Baddestguyp:
true...
Man of Steel is my fav superman movie and one of my fav superhero movies

Who directed it sef?

Zack Snyder

See Watchmen too for unrealistic Moral standards done well

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
abduleez1:
It just occurred to me few days ago the level of ignorance majority of people are of the CBM universes. People watch the movies, know the characters but hardly their individual lore or the studio's history.
I'm talking about youths. People between 25-35.
Imagine person dey tell me say whether Thor fast during Superman comparison. Dude fvvking didn't know Thor has Superspeed and one of my bros saying Wonder Woman is the number one DC character and the first comic book character. The fvvk?? grin shocked

At least these ones know the different characters between Marvel and DC. But the in-universe knowledge or politics na F9.
Imagine being hopeful and co©ksure there will be a JL 2 & 3 of Zack Snyder's Justice League. See as 7 people dey follow me drag am, say that film can't just end like that. Part two must dey. embarassed
They don't know.

It's this weekend I knew and confirmed I'm a Nerd. cry

in hagrid's voice "you're a nerd, abdul'

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
abduleez1:
It just occurred to me few days ago the level of ignorance majority of people are of the CBM universes. People watch the movies, know the characters but hardly their individual lore or the studio's history.
Imagine person dey tell me say whether Thor fast during Superman comparison. Dude fvvking didn't know Thor has Superspeed and one of my bros saying Wonder Woman is the number one DC character and the first comic book character. The fvvk?? grin shocked

At least these ones know the different characters between Marvel and DC. But the in-universe knowledge or politics na F9.
Imagine being hopeful and co©ksure there will be a JL 2 & 3 of Zack Snyder's Justice League. See as 7 people dey follow me drag am, say that film can't just end like that. Part two must dey. embarassed
They don't know.

Welcome to my everyday life bruh grin
Mine isn't only with CBM's sef cos I'm also a wrestling nerd...I still dey follow people argue if wrestling is real or fake cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
George R.R Martin on MOM..
Man's a Marvel Fanboy...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Just a reminder that GRRM was such a big comics fan that one of his book characters, Arthur Dayne, was inspired by Dane Whitman (The Black Knight).

And now that character is played by Kit Harrington in Eternals, who famously played Jon Snow in the adaptation of George’s books.

Small world.

Copied from Reddit..

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Electra...that old movie...
Funny how it was popular back in the days but see ratings

Back then, we just enjoy movies.

Besides, female led movies were few then.

I still remember Aoen Flux and Charlie's Angel (without agenda).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Avatar: The Way of Water' is currently 3 hours long...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

So the truth hurt you soomuch that you had to label him a racist?
i love taraji with all my heart. Underestimating her means underestimating me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
In the movie The Dark Tower (2017) when Jake visits his psychiatrist Dr. Hotchkiss, a picture of the Overlook Hotel from the movie The Shining (1980) is shown. Both stories are written by Stephen King.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dazzlingd(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
seanwilliam:
how far . Bro I love this movie o oooo. I don almost watch am finish … soldiers self Dey gossip grin ( when they were talking about vecchio) I don laugh tire and the time one corporal asked his oga to salute am grin grin

The movie is bloody
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
In Spider-man Homecoming (2018), MJ is seen reading Invitation To A Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov. The book is about a man in a prison cell, the only other occupant is a spider.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
In the opening scene of Fury (2014) one of the Nazi medals on display in the American tank is the Cross of Honour of the German Mother, awarded to women for having 4 or more children...

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
abduleez1:

They don't know.

point of correction: superhuman speed. They are two different things
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
abduleez1:

Still, she ain't lacing Scar Jo's shoes anytime soon. cool
can Scarlett portray cookie lion?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

You're bias which is perfectly fine, but objectively, Theron Charlize is next level. Abeg try and watch Monster (2003) in your spare time, she finished work for that movie, even won an Academy award for it.
My issue with Charlize Theron is stereotyping. It's limits the range of a good actor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
BlackManta:

I was considering seeing Thor Love and Thunder at Viva Cinemas this weekend.

But when I remembered wasting money on Doctor Strange 2, I say make I wait for reviews and reconsider.

It seems I will be saving that N3500.

Thor will be out on D+ in 45 days anyways.

you are rich. 3500 for this buhari regime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Baddestguyp:

no thanks to Superman moral standards. Loki is human
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Mine isn't only with CBM's sef cos I'm also a wrestling nerd...I still dey follow people argue if wrestling is real or fake cry
is cbm same as confused black man. clarify, some of us were born today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
°°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Zack Snyder

See Watchmen too for unrealistic Moral standards done well

Funny how The Boys everyone hypes and loves these days had a progenitor in Watchmen (2009).

Many people have forgotten that movie was the first one to give a realistic take on how superheroes would be in the real world. The dialogue, graphics, story, writing was GOATED.
Evil Superman, corrupted and selfish heroes, conspiracy theories, world domination, name it, the movie has it ALL.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Man, am so sad my 43 inch 1080p tv doesn't play mkv videos

Like I spent close to 300 dolls for a tv that I can't watch mkv format tv on

Please who knows where I can download cool mp4 clear HD movies sad

I'll be looking to upgrading to 4k tv now

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
lusid:
point of correction: superhuman speed. They are two different things

Guy rest jare. I wanted to use Superhuman speed but deemed it unnecessary. Most folks who watch CBMs definitely know what I mean without being verbose. undecided undecided if I say Super Strength, I don't think anyone who watches movies would get confused.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Man, shit ain't easy.
E just be like I dey talk gibberish that day. Everyone, only me. It was a me vs the world situation. grin

Even one dude that I might wanna say still has a better understanding of universes still dey yarn okoto. Dude said Morbius is an MCU movie not Sony's. grin grin Just cause he saw Keaton's Vulture. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

in hagrid's voice "you're a nerd, abdul'

Lol. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chibudollar:
also found it hilarious, I wonder why some Twitter people were saying the movie was bad.
Na bad belle dey worry them. The movie doesn't take itself seriously so I wonder why they are bellyaching
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Avatar: The Way of Water' is currently 3 hours long...
Na overskill kee Bruce Lee. They better edit it because there is no way I will spend three hours of my life watching ONE movie, no matter how interesting it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: OhBritannia(m), phr0nesis(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.