Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773994 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2022
Glamour Girls
So many unanswered questions. I wasn't impressed. Nollywood needs to stop this new habit of rebooting old classics as they are not there yet. All i see is packaging over substance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Humour exists to alleviate the stress of awkwardness and tragedy, allowing us to process the negative without being crushed by it.
It’s overdone and makes sensible audiences feel the producers are afraid to tell sorrowful tales. There are many movies with ambiguous endings and people love them. Marvel has gone too commercial that they believe everyone wants a happy end. See how quick they released Endgame because they felt consumers weren’t satisfied with a sad ending.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2022
meobizy:
It’s overdone and makes sensible audiences feel the producers are afraid to tell sorrowful tales.
Meh, the alternative too often becomes Snyder-esque, dwelling on tragedy and edginess, and those films are about as fun as a freshly painted house drying in the sun.

meobizy:

There are many movies with ambiguous endings and people love them. Marvel has gone too commercial that they believe everyone wants a happy end.
You should definitely watch Thor 3 then. It didn't end happily.

meobizy:

See how quick they released Endgame because they felt consumers weren’t satisfied with a sad ending.
Endgame was always intended to be the conclusion of MCU Phase 3. In fact, Infinity War and Endgame were shot concurrently and released a year apart.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Meh, the alternative too often becomes Snyder-esque, dwelling on tragedy and edginess, and those films are about as fun as a freshly painted house drying in the sun.
A balance of both styles is what I crave. Snyder’s style is the complete opposite as opposed to the only alternative.

It did with half the population of Asgardians searching for a new home safely in their ship.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2022
meobizy:

It did with half the population of Asgardians searching for a new home safely in their ship.

You must have missed the mid-credits scene. I won't ruin it for you; just watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

You must have missed the mid-credits scene. I won't ruin it for you; just watch it.
I know it and didn’t need to wait so long. That’s the equivalent of Infinity War doing the snap as the post-credits scene.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Endgame was always intended to be the conclusion of MCU Phase 3. In fact, Infinity War and Endgame were shot concurrently and released a year apart.
a lot of folks felt they didn't do justice to the time travel aspect in Endgame. Like how's the past the future and the former present the past.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Mecka:
a lot of folks felt they didn't do justice to the time travel aspect in Endgame. Like how's the past the future and the former present the past.

It's a CBM. Don't overthink it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

Yep, the change in fighting style adjusts to the type of individual she was engaging. If they were bigger, she went for the soft spots or use the surroundings to her benefit. I liked that she did get hurt and was not like she was superhuman. Her character just pushed through the pain and exhaustion.

Part 2 is currently in development with Netflix.

https://www.slashfilm.com/615723/everything-we-know-about-atomic-blonde-2-so-far/

I'm ready smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Looks like you're back from your MCU defense sabatical cheesy

Missed you man.
But are you seriously trying to put tragic and Thor 3 together?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

I'm ready smiley
have you seen Naked Weapon and Elektra?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
proud Mary is 2.5/10 for me.

At my age and years of levels of experience in watching movies and series, you can't give me a movie like proud Mary to watch and you expect me to even rate it 3.

like the movie doesn't just make sense at all, Taraj just acted an upgraded Nickelodeon action movie for kids.

like how would you just go in like that and kill off bunch of hit men and gang men like that without getting killed? Is not like she is a trained assassin like Jenifer Lawrence in red Sparrow or a trained international assassin like the actress in atomic blonde, is not like she is black widow or something.

Even Jenifer Lawrence with all her experience as an assassin in red Sparrow took the beating of her life and almost lost her life in the movie, now that's what we call when something is realistic.
let us not even talk about the near death experience Charlie theroz got in atomic blonde coupled with many beatings that almost disfigured her face.
Proud Mary had so many plot holes i can't even begin to count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Looks like you're back from your MCU defense sabatical cheesy

Missed you man.
But are you seriously trying to put tragic and Thor 3 together?

I just felt compelled to speak up in response to an unwarranted disparagement of one of my favorite MCU films. cheesy

Thor Ragnorok is a tragic film at its core. Loads of tragedy befell Thor, namely...

* His dad, Odin died and ascended to Valhalla
* Mjolnir was obliterated by Hela
* Many key Asgardians died
* His home, Asgard was destroyed.
* His brother, Loki died
* He lost an eye

Etc...

It's undeniably a depressing film, but the brilliance of the film is it sold you the tragedy with a smile. smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
The man from Toronto is one funny action packed movie. I highly recommend if you have not seen it. Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson finished work

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chibudollar:
The man from Toronto is one funny action packed movie. I highly recommend if you have not seen it. Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson finished work

Kelvin Hart is a simple man.

Do comedy.
Please the audience.
Get the bag.
Gerrout.

Wetin concern am with plot. The audience is the plot. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I just felt compelled to speak up in response to an unwarranted disparagement of one of my favorite MCU films. cheesy

Thor Ragnorok is a tragic film at its core. Loads of tragedy befell Thor, namely...

* His dad, Odin died and ascended to Valhalla
* Mjolnir was obliterated by Hela
* Many key Asgardians died
* His home, Asgard was destroyed.
* His brother, Loki died
* He lost an eye

Etc...

It's undeniably a depressing film, but the brilliance of the film is it sold you the tragedy with a smile. smiley

One can also argue that it didn't take those tragedies seriously.
Another film would have really immersed you into all those tragic events and made you feel what the protagonist was feeling too.
Not everyone wants comedy at every turn, some people actually want to feel depths of emotions while seeing it on screen.
The way it was portrayed there would make all the tragedy just fly over your head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Mecka:
have you seen Naked Weapon and Elektra?

Yes I have
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:

At my age and years of levels of experience in watching movies and series, you can't give me a movie like proud Mary to watch and you expect me to even rate it 3.

like the movie doesn't just make sense at all, Taraj just acted an upgraded Nickelodeon action movie for kids.

like how would you just go in like that and kill off bunch of hit men and gang men like that without getting killed? Is not like she is a trained assassin like Jenifer Lawrence in red Sparrow or a trained international assassin like the actress in atomic blonde, is not like she is black widow or something.

Even Jenifer Lawrence with all her experience as an assassin in red Sparrow took the beating of her life and almost lost her life in the movie, now that's what we call when something is realistic.
let us not even talk about the near death experience Charlie theroz got in atomic blonde coupled with many beatings that almost disfigured her face.
Reminding you of this fallacy from months ago...Brother Britania. wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chibudollar:

I loved this one grin
Got many laughs out of me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
oyaskii:
How una take dey keep records like this? grin
Hope say I never fork up for this thread before, una even keep records pass Angel Gabriel grin

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mecka: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Yes I have
Naked Weapon will make you shout Oh my God! Blood of jesus! Elektra will make you say wow! she's incredible.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

One can also argue that it didn't take those tragedies seriously.
Another film would have really immersed you into all those tragic events and made you feel what the protagonist was feeling too.
Not everyone wants comedy at every turn, some people actually want to feel depths of emotions while seeing it on screen.
The way it was portrayed there would make all the tragedy just fly over your head.

We watch superhero films to feel good, not to entertain suicidal and homicidal thoughts, chief. grin

Marvel doesn't want you to wallow when you could simply laugh in the face of tragedy.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
oyaskii:

This is a polite vawulence. grin grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
oyaskii:
But i have not said Teraji is a bad actress.
i am Just not impressed with the movie called Proud Mary but that doesn't mean teraji is a bad actress.
So are you telling me scarlet Johanson do not have any bad movie she has acted? but will the bad movie take away the fact that she is still a good actress? definitely No
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:

Well, she's Mary, full of 'grace' grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chibudollar:
Very very funny movie. The ending was HILARIOUS. Gruesome, but hilarious cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
oyaskii:
Yes bro.. especially movies shot in "IMAX detail" of which a long theatrical run is main reason they bother with it.

I think it is part of the reason Christopher Nolan walked away from WB.

As fellow pirates, we just have to wait it out till "Top Gun: Maverick" is ready to sail grin
I don't know why I have zero interest in seeing Top Gun. Maybe because the first part did not interest me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
seanwilliam:
Pls make una recommend war movies for me,

All AMERICA and Russia sweet sweet war films wey dem use tanks and snipers, and war plane . Also war movie with history like the fury ., pls

Full Metal Jacket.

Greatest war film ever...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
BankyGee:

How una take dey keep records like this? grin
Hope say I never fork up for this thread before, una even keep records pass Angel Gabriel grin
If I see any major fallacy, i dey always keep receipts grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:
But i have not said Teraji is a bad actress.
i am Just not impressed with the movie called Proud Mary but that doesn't mean teraji is a bad actress.
So are you telling me scarlet Johanson do not have any bad movie she has acted? but will the bad movie take away the fact that she is still a good actress? definitely No
The stand you were on inkling on, on the said day was that Taraji P Henson was a better actress than Scarlett Johansson which is remotely not true.

And Taraji has a butt load of bad movies than Scarlett.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ishilove:

I don't know why I have zero interest in seeing Top Gun. Maybe because the first part did not interest me.
Really? I recently saw a "remastered" version of it and i very much liked it. Maybe see it again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

Yep, the change in fighting style adjusts to the type of individual she was engaging. If they were bigger, she went for the soft spots or use the surroundings to her benefit. I liked that she did get hurt and was not like she was superhuman. Her character just pushed through the pain and exhaustion.

Part 2 is currently in development with Netflix.

https://www.slashfilm.com/615723/everything-we-know-about-atomic-blonde-2-so-far/

The fvvk... So Netflix got their hands on Atomic Blonde?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: codedstan(m), Illusioneffect(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.