Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753685 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:51am On Jun 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
He already told you nobody reads your epistle, yet, you're still shalayeing.

This is you who is quick so call someone a simp, when you fail to look in the mirror and realize your reflection in that mirror is that of a wimp.
I can see that you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

I won't entertain your màdness...
Find someone else to play with
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 8:04am On Jun 04, 2023
The mother is a 6/10 for me.

Well well well it's actually an average movie and not your normal top of the notch action thriller but be it as it may.
We have to give Jenifer Lopez her flowers.
Like her or not, we can't deny the fact that she is the most successful mainstream female musician and actress in history.

No one comes close to her in the industry when it comes to music and movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2023
Guy Richies the covenant is a solid 8.5/10 for me.

Absolutely fantastic movie, not a dull moment at all.
Kudos to the casts and everyone that made it possible.

It was an absolute fantastic watch. ✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2023
The pope exorcist is a solid 8/10 for me.

One of the best horror movies in recent times.
The conversations between the demon and the father was top notch and kind of funny.

So many real life revelations were revealed in the movie.
Demons traps you with your sins and this is why we must pray for forgiveness.

I still say it that there is more to the Catholic church in Rome that meets the ordinary eyes.

And i like the fact that the movie is a true life story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:28am On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I can see that you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...

I won't entertain your màdness...
Find someone else to play with
WIMP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 10:05am On Jun 04, 2023
Blackberry: 7.5/10
Genre: Biopics, Comedy, Drama

An in-depth insight into the rise and fall of one of the world's first smartphone.

Change in life, they say is constant, Mike Lazaridis, was so comfortable and stuck in the past that he failed to recognize the potential threat of the iPhone disrupting, or rather, redefining the smartphone market after its entry in 2007, this invariably buried Blackberry 6fit under the ground. I think the same thing also happened to Nokia .

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrmxyzpltk12: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2023
BlackManta:
I can't believe that WB is still doing fan screenings at this point.

This movie is over_exposed.

They are showing it off to thousands of fans in every city in North America every fvcking week.

It's crazy.

They should stop abeg. E don do.

I hope it works out for them in the end at the box office.

Calm down bro... DC haven't had it great with general audience recently so this is a way to win the casual movie fans over. It's meant to build word of mouth for the film before it debuts.

Even if WB do free screenings of 100,000 fans and we say $15 is the average ticket price, it only amounts to WB losing $1.5mn. Which is nothing compared to the expected money for this movie.
Do you know the impact of 50k ppl telling their friends, associates and family that the film is great two weeks before premiere? Also with the film being the major tentpole film of the month? Final marketing is yet to ramp up as it's getting a boost next week.

The movie for fan screenings is still missing key scenes in the final theatrical version as well as old CGI.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrmxyzpltk12: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023
BlackManta:

I'm glad that SONY kept the rights to Spiderman instead of selling to Disney.

Best decision they ever made.

I swear.... We know Disney won't ever make this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrmxyzpltk12: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2023
I thought the same "experts" predicted Across The SpiderVerse to gross $80mn domestic opening weekend??

Why $113-120mn now??
Fellow DC fans, now it's time to relax and let naysayers have their fill. We strike next week when review embargo is lifted and preview sales picks up.

Conflicting reports all through which shows "experts" can still get it wrong even with data and information on opening day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrmxyzpltk12: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2023
Presales is going up.... 😎

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
°°

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by finallybusy: 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Do Nigerian cinemas give the option to pre-book tickets? I'm still iffy on going to watch The Flash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
finallybusy:
Do Nigerian cinemas give the option to pre-book tickets? I'm still iffy on going to watch The Flash.
yes

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
"Spiderman-Man: Across the Spider-Verse" 2023

This might be the best sequel in the CBM sub-genre...No, Scratch that...The best Sequel across all genre verses!"

When i saw GOTG Vol 3 last month, i thought i couldn't find another as good as it was in a while, nay in less than a month. This completely blew me away and without doubt one of the best movie experiences ever. The euphoria of just seeing this beauty was the best high ever, so lucid, so trippy, so so Good, even Walter White can't cook a high this good!

Into the Spider-Verse (2019) set a very high standard back then, and some animations after then like "Mitchell and the Machines" tried to copy the template albeit with less perfection, this took all the good things that made the first part good, added some spice and made it even better.

Visually and Colorfully stunning, made for a truly immersive journey, it literally felt like one was right inside the comic book, page by page, going through it, all in real time.

The story was the recent "multi-versal trope" that CBM have been flirting a little bit too much these days but this was so on brand and good. The writing was of the finest quality, The characters were much more than the first part, but were well paid off with brilliant arcs. They also fiddled brilliantly with little easters eggs that has become part of the Spider Man brand across all media, including the "3 Spiderman pointing at each other meme". Brilliant brilliant stuff.

The OST was okay, but the predecessor set such a huge standard in that department and this couldn't beat it. I mean "Sunflower" is basically a GOAT OST. One of the very very best in cinema music history.

Probably the only snag is that, it ended on a nasty nasty Cliff Hanger, that will continue in "Spiderman: Beyond the Spider-Verse" that painfully releases next year, I mean left to me i would have wanted it to release next Friday 😩😩. The thought that one of this goodness still exist beyond is a good thought to have whilst we wait.

The Tinubu economy looks like it's gonna be a real pain in the ass 😩, if not i would have loved to see this like 3 times more, it was really that good..an easy easy A+ 💯👍.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
He already told you nobody reads your epistle, yet, you're still shalayeing.

This is you who is quick so call someone a simp, when you fail to look in the mirror and realize your reflection in that mirror is that of a wimp.
Comrade, happy Sunday 😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyaskii:

This might be the best sequel in the CBM sub-genre...No, Scratch that...The best Sequel across all genre verses!"

When i saw GOTG Vol 3 last month, i thought i couldn't find another as good as it was in a while, nay in less than a month. This completely blew me away and without doubt one of the best movie experiences ever. The euphoria of just seeing this beauty was the best high ever, so lucid, so trippy, so so Good, even Walter White can't cook a high this good!

Into the Spider-Verse (2019) set a very high standard back then, and some animations after then like "Mitchell and the Machines" tried to copy the template albeit with less perfection, this took all the good things that made the first part good, added some spice and made it even better.

Visually and Colorfully stunning, made for a truly immersive journey, it literally felt like one was right inside the comic book, page by page, going through it, all in real time.

The story was the recent "multi-versal trope" that CBM have been flirting a little bit too much these days but this was so on brand and good. The writing was of the finest quality, The characters were much more than the first part, but were well paid off with brilliant arcs. They also fiddled brilliantly with little easters eggs that has become part of the Spider Man brand across all media, including the "3 Spiderman pointing at each other meme". Brilliant brilliant stuff.

The OST was okay, but the predecessor set such a huge standard in that department and this couldn't beat it. I mean "Sunflower" is basically a GOAT OST. One of the very very best in cinema music history.

Probably the only snag is that, it ended on a nasty nasty Cliff Hanger, that will continue in "Spiderman: Beyond the Spider-Verse" that painfully releases next year, I mean left to me i would have wanted it to release next Friday 😩😩. The thought that one of this goodness still exist beyond is a good thought to have whilst we wait.

The Tinubu economy looks like it's gonna be a real pain in the ass 😩, if not i would have loved to see this like 3 times more, it was really that good..an easy easy A+ 💯👍.
Can't wait to eat this cooking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Weekend Movie

- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2008)

Getting back to my Ghibli watch fest with Miyazaki's take on The Little Mermaid.

During a forbidden excursion to see the surface world, a goldfish princess encounters a human boy named Sosuke, who gives her the name Ponyo. Ponyo longs to become human, and as her friendship with Sosuke grows, she becomes more humanlike. Ponyo's father brings her back to their ocean kingdom, but so strong is Ponyo's wish to live on the surface that she breaks free, and in the process, spills a collection of magical elixirs that endanger Sosuke's village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
🎥 Air (2023) = 7/10 ✔️

Enjoyable but Blackberry was better.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (2018)........ 8.7/10

Felt like it was animated right from a comic book. The style is pretty creative.
They understood the level of versatility animation grants you...and they used it to the fullest

Personally I'm not a fan of the animation style but I gotta give credit where it's due

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GreatAchiever1: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Matt Walsh documentary on WhatIsAWoman on the Daily Wire Twitter handle.

Mehn the Western world is something else. I hope this nonsense doesn't enter Nigeria or even Africa at large

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saw a thread on Twitter where people were asked their best movies of the decade.

Noticed a lot of people chose these two movies:

Aftersun (2022);
And
Decision to Leave (2022)

Never heard of Aftersun before today. Decision to Leave is great tho

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
Matt Walsh documentary on WhatIsAWoman on the Daily Wire Twitter handle.

Mehn the Western world is something else. I hope this nonsense doesn't enter Nigeria or even Africa at large
You're one of the poorest countries, your inflation rates are rising, your democratic process is under attack and human & civil rights are consistently trampled on. It'll be a long time before you have to actually worry about trans issues.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RevolverOcelot(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyaskii:

Any link to clear pirated copy?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (2018)........ 8.7/10

Felt like it was animated right from a comic book. The style is pretty creative.
They understood the level of versatility animation grants you...and they used it to the fullest

Personally I'm not a fan of the animation style but I gotta give credit where it's due
I'm of the opinion that comics should be made in animation not live action
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Octopusssy:

Comrade, happy Sunday 😂😂
bitch (no offence) Roger Moore or Sean connery?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
mirinder:
I'm of the opinion that comics should be made in animation not live action

The billions that Avengers made in the box office disagrees with you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Kaycee7:
You're one of the poorest countries, your inflation rates are rising, your democratic process is under attack and human & civil rights are consistently trampled on. It'll be a long time before you have to actually worry about trans issues.
are you a trans?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by finallybusy: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigerian cinemas are for-profit businesses? What is happening?! So I have to wait for The Boogeyman to enter streaming instead of enjoying it in Big Picture Mode? It came out on the same day as the new Spider-Man, why wasn't it among the offering?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.