Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754342 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
abduleez1:
Air..... 8.5/10

Not a biopic per se of an iconic figure but a historical recap of a mammoth premium brand "Air Jordan". Well produced, well written, well paced and premium piece of acting from all involved. Ben Affleck is a great director and actor and his acting choices in recent years has been interesting.

The movie had funny moments especially with Jordan's agent played by Chris Messina and some good Nostalgia from Chris Tucker. Matt Damon is a super duper actor and one to depend on when it comes to biopics; man has basically hacked the game. Love his acting choices too. As always, Viola Davis doesn't seem not to provide "class and elegance" on-screen as she always disshes us. Beautiful woman to watch perform what she loves to do best.

This is arguably one of the best movies for this year. 😎

And with "Tetris" and this movie, this style of biopics about top brands that means big deal to people will start seeing more exploration in Hollywood. It's an ingenious move and somewhat original tweak in Hollywood's retellings in recent years.
You'll definitely love Blackberry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
SOZINN:
The Fast & Furious movies are notorious for growing more overtly outrageous with each entry. The Fast Saga has become a mix of sci-fi absurdity and family, and whatever logical hurdles there may have been to time travel are a thing of the past for the series. 😂
They wanna suck this franchise dry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nonny1212: 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
JOHN Freaking WICK - 9.2/10. Just beautiful.

The best thing I love about this movie is how Jonathan speaks and responds, "YEAH"

How he will simply tell you "I WILL KILL YOU" No matter the long granmer you speak and the odds

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
majesticguy:

Detroit
Greater
Mosul
Rush
12 years a slave
Sometime in April
Fruitvale Station
Escape From Mogadishu
The Siege of Jadotville
The 24th
Devotion
Father Stu

Add the following to the ones abduleez1 gave you they're all biopics and everyone of them is a hit.
Thank you very much
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
Highway to the Grave

Hahahaha...horror fans will like this

A hot sexy chick is sent to torment randy men on earth.

My take: As far as am concerned, this is one of those scary films that got me afraid of sleeping in the night. I had to take refuge in a nearby church for one week.

Goofs: A car appears on a busy road and nobody notices. And by the way, why will a ghost need a car? And why will a ghost appear in a busy expressway where people will see her?

You meet a gal for the first time and you are already rubbing her laps. Serves you right she's a ghost.

Curious: Was she a spirit or a mortal? Becos when the pastor defeated her, she didn't disappear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
Fool's Paradise.....6/10

Very funny comedy movie.... Keeps you laughing all through with Charlie Day's performance and Ken Jeong. They both had great chemistry. Nice seeing Kate Beckinsale once more. Adrien Brody too is a nice addition. Seems dude just loves this kinda films. RIP to Ray Liotta.

Not a movie with much storytelling as the story mainly just hovers around without a central story. The writing is it's weakest link which good acting does well enough to hide. Since the film ain't taking itself too seriously and a comedy film, you don't expect much. Just watch, switch off your calculating brain and enjoy the laughs.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
phr0nesis:

Thanks bro

Steve Jobs and Stalin downloaded
Hope Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't have gay romance in it?

A few gay scenes, not really explicit. Albeit that, it's great premium of storytelling and superb music.
That film influenced me in loving and going back to old 80s-90s songs. I became open minded to that era after watching that movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
abduleez1:

As it should be.... 😎😎
What you did there didn't pass me by any means 😆
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
BlackManta:

Spiderverse is not Disney

I was referring to Elementals
Okay
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
SOZINN:
The Fast & Furious movies are notorious for growing more overtly outrageous with each entry. The Fast Saga has become a mix of sci-fi absurdity and family, and whatever logical hurdles there may have been to time travel are a thing of the past for the series. 😂
It seems we haven't seen the end of fast and furious franchise, now they are bringing time travels too? ridiculous and hilarious at the same time, Vin and the producers should give it a rest, it's now getting so boring. enough of family crap. 🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
Since almost everything written about "The Little Mermaid" movie or its box office earnings is utter nonsense, I can't even bear to read any articles or posts about it. Why the fûck are people lying? Why do the majority of reports try to convince people that it's bossing when that's obviously not the case? There are currently just two sources I rely on: @TheDeadline and The Box Office Mojo. Because it appears these fúckers are ready to risk their reputations rather than call TLM what it is: another Disney garbage 💩 that appears unlikely to even break even. 🙆🏾‍♂️👀😂

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2023
BankyGee:

What you did there didn't pass me by any means 😆

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer: 8/10
Genre: Biopics, Drama

A gripping and taunting true story about the heinous, unspeakable horrors and atrocities committed by renowned American abortionist Dr Kermit Gonsell. An exceptional biopics, highly recommend.

NB: If at the end of the movie, you decide to check out the picture of one of the aborted kids used during the trial, do make sure you have the stomach for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
phr0nesis:

Thank you very much

You're welcome. You can also check out the recent one i posted, it's very good too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
abduleez1:

Selma has always been on my watchlist for 6 yrs now if not more.
You can check out "BlackBerry" which just came out.

Also check out oldies of you haven't like:

Steve Jobs
Weird Al Yankovic
Ali
Elvis
Bohemian Rhapsody
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Selena
The Death of Stalin

Weird Al Yankovic was one of the biopics i enjoyed so much. Daniel Radcliffe really finish work for that film i swear😁. I loved all his parody songs, for me, they were actually a big hit.

I am currently humming the My Baloney song😁. I have searched online for the song but can't get it for free to download.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
majesticguy:

Weird Al Yankovic was one of the biopics i enjoyed so much. Daniel Radcliffe really finish work for that film i swear😁. I loved all his parody songs, for me, they were actually a big hit.

I am currently humming the My Baloney song😁. I have searched online for the song but can't get it for free to download.

Downloaded it since last December and Whitney's I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Ain't watched them yet. I know I'd have a good time since biopics especially musicals hardly miss.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
📰

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
Do you have a download link??

majesticguy:
Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer: 8/10
Genre: Biopics, Drama

A gripping and taunting true story about the heinous, unspeakable horrors and atrocities committed by renowned American abortionist Dr Kermit Gonsell. An exceptional biopics, highly recommend.

NB: If at the end of the movie, you decide to check out the picture of one of the aborted kids used during the trial, do make sure you have the stomach for it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
nani667:
📰

I'm glad that SONY kept the rights to Spiderman instead of selling to Disney.

Best decision they ever made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
I can't believe that WB is still doing fan screenings at this point.

This movie is over_exposed.

They are showing it off to thousands of fans in every city in North America every fvcking week.

It's crazy.

They should stop abeg. E don do.

I hope it works out for them in the end at the box office.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
Terrible idea.

It will be better for everyone if he just stayed at home.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
BlackManta:
Terrible idea.

I got confused with the "They", this gender affirmation brouhaha is one of the silliest thing ever, makes absolutely no sense and causing unnecessary confusion.

The PR optics for this movie has been a disaster even since DC decided to stick with they, thier antics is enough to knock any actor from a low budget movie, let alone a high profile flick as this. I am surprised you lot are still confident that the movie will do good numbers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
MJBOLT:
Do you have a download link??

No I don't, but it should be on FZ ......movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
What is this?? This man must be on some major drugs. Many viewers of the film will go to watch it because of Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, or Sasha Calle not because of this shithead. There's a whole petition against his stûpid ass, y'all should focus on clearing his name first. 🙄

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
abduleez1:
Fool's Paradise.....6/10

Very funny comedy movie.... Keeps you laughing all through with Charlie Day's performance and Ken Jeong. They both had great chemistry. Nice seeing Kate Beckinsale once more. Adrien Brody too is a nice addition. Seems dude just loves this kinda films. RIP to Ray Liotta.

Not a movie with much storytelling as the story mainly just hovers around without a central story. The writing is it's weakest link which good acting does well enough to hide. Since the film ain't taking itself too seriously and a comedy film, you don't expect much. Just watch, switch off your calculating brain and enjoy the laughs.
Link please
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
It seems we haven't seen the end of fast and furious franchise, now they are bringing time travels too? ridiculous and hilarious at the same time, Vin and the producers should give it a rest, it's now getting so boring. enough of family crap. 🤣
You don't need logic when you have family

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
[quote author=Broskyjames post=123556121] I got confused with the "They", this gender affirmation brouhaha is one of the silliest thing ever, makes absolutely no sense and causing unnecessary confusion.

The PR optics for this movie has been a disaster even since DC decided to stick with they, thier antics is enough to knock any actor from a low budget movie, let alone a high profile flick as this. I am surprised you lot are still confident that the movie will do good numbers.[/quote

The movie is barely 2 weeks away. We will see how things turn out soon enough
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
BlackManta:
Terrible idea.

This they/them shít is fūcking irrítating and confusing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blackberry..... 9/10

A very engrossing movie from start to finish. Great acting, great storyline, great writing and great pace. The movie chronicles the rise and fall of the famed Blackberry brand. From the incubation stages of the company, the growth, it's peak, to its demise.
Beautiful acting from all involved. Decent score.

But I can't help but noticed the poor Cinematography work on the film. The camera was too shaky and the resolution was below par. The editing didn't even do much to fine-tune it. Seems they had to make do with a single low budget camera for most of the scenes.
Can't fault the film much as it's evident it was produced on a VERY LEAN budget. I won't be surprised if they didn't spend past $10mn.

Nonetheless, the technical failings of the film can't outshine it's brilliance. Definitely one of the best films to come out this year and easily recommendable.

One key thing the movie reinforces to viewers is for brands or corporations be open to change and adaptation. Things are not always going to remain the same over time. It's a cautionary tale to people who resist change. Move with the flow the best way you can adapt lest you get swept by the wave of change.

Blackberry was at the top of the world but refused to change to new consumer realities when serious competition came from Steve Jobs' iPhone.
I remember being very critical of the brand back then with their refusal and wont to stick to buttons while other phone manufacturers were pivoting towards touchscreen.

Over here in Nigeria or Africa we usually say it's Blackberry's decision to allow android devices use it's BB Messenger service and lose exclusivity to BB devices that caused it's demise; but it seems the emergence of iPhone and other touchscreen smartphones was it's "Waterloo" (pun intended). Imagine crashing a business that had 45% market share of the global phone industry only to drop to 0% today.
Similar fate befell NOKIA with its reluctance to join the ANDROID™ ecosystem and choosing Microsoft's Windows OS.

Lesson: The iPhone of today that everyone wants to kill for can become the BlackBerry of tomorrow. If it doesn't adapt.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:23am On Jun 04, 2023
Now highest rated Superhero movie of all time on IMDB

Score will most likely drop massively once it comes out on Blu-ray and the cinema scales fall off - plus more general audience watch....

DC fans will contribute in review bombing too. The Dark Knight is 9.0

Still a very impressive score...

It has convinced me to finally download the first movie and get into the verse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:25am On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I honestly didn't know it was that long until I posted it.
I think the spacing made it look longer than it actually is.
He already told you nobody reads your epistle, yet, you're still shalayeing.

This is you who is quick so call someone a simp, when you fail to look in the mirror and realize your reflection in that mirror is that of a wimp.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Flamez01 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.