Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,435 members, 7,958,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (4004787 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) ... (3917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
seankafor:
are you a trans?

Wrong question...shows you didn't get the point.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
mirinder:
I'm of the opinion that comics should be made in animation not live action
with how big comic book blockbusters have been in the box office?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
with how big comic book blockbusters have been in the box office?
NaijaMemes:

The billions that Avengers made in the box office disagrees with you
I know but animation gives a natural depiction
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
So today, I was privileged to watch a 30 minutes pre screening of The Flash movie courtesy of being an IGN staff and volunteer, also I watched Spiderman Across the Spider Verse and Fast X and this is my honest review

The Flash (30 minutes): This could be by far the most entertaining first 30 minutes of DC movie. I first of had my doubts going with tiny Flashpoint Paradox Innuendos, but after some while I was immersed by the story and stunning Camera work that went into this movie, not sure of the visual effects tho but it was entertaining all the same. I really can't wait to see this in 3d
First 30 minutes is an easy 9/10 for me

Spiderman Across the Spider Verse: The first movie is by far the most beloved spider man movie of all times beside Spiderman 2 (I still believe No Way Home was trash) and I had my revulsion for Multi verse movies so I didn't know what I was getting into. I think this sequel is way better than the first. Pen and sketches animation has been my best animation style for a while now and if u are watching this in theatres you'll be amazed by the amazing visuals and amazing colours and rigging ❤️❤️😭. This is a movie I'll totally rewatch over and over again....... It's definitely a perfect comic animation movie to me
9.5/10

Fast X: I used to love the FF movies but this movie just went overboard brooo🤦🏽‍♂️ unrealistic action sequences as usual and very boring and unrealistic dialogue but some parts were fun to watch nonetheless
6/10

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mirinder: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Illusioneffect:
So today, I was privileged to watch a 30 minutes pre screening of The Flash movie courtesy of being an IGN staff and volunteer, also I watched Spiderman Across the Spider Verse and Fast X and this is my honest review

The Flash (30 minutes): This could be by far the most entertaining first 30 minutes of DC movie. I first of had my doubts going with tiny Flashpoint Paradox Innuendos, but after some while I was immersed by the story and stunning Camera work that went into this movie, not sure of the visual effects tho but it was entertaining all the same. I really can't wait to see this in 3d
First 30 minutes is an easy 9/10 for me

Spiderman Across the Spider Verse: The first movie is by far the most beloved spider man movie of all times beside Spiderman 2 (I still believe No Way Home was trash) and I had my revulsion for Multi verse movies so I didn't know what I was getting into. I think this sequel is way better than the first. Pen and sketches animation has been my best animation style for a while now and if u are watching this in theatres you'll be amazed by the amazing visuals and amazing colours and rigging ❤️❤️😭. This is a movie I'll totally rewatch over and over again....... It's definitely a perfect comic animation movie to me
9.5/10

Fast X: I used to love the FF movies but this movie just went overboard brooo🤦🏽‍♂️ unrealistic action sequences as usual and very boring and unrealistic dialogue but some parts were fun to watch nonetheless
6/10
who send you message?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
finallybusy:
Nigerian cinemas are for-profit businesses? What is happening?! So I have to wait for The Boogeyman to enter streaming instead of enjoying it in Big Picture Mode? It came out on the same day as the new Spider-Man, why wasn't it among the offering?
All cinemas are for profit

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Hi bro

the black clover to be released o netflix, is it the continuation from the last season?

Or is it a movie/filler?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sentee(f): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
10 Nigerian Actors in Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rQBSNnMLM
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AdisaOwala: 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
mirinder:
bitch (no offence) Roger Moore or Sean connery?

How you go compare na??

Sean Connery is the father of all James' Bond actors...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
Blueelf:

Hi bro

the black clover to be released o netflix, is it the continuation from the last season?

Or is it a movie/filler?
I have no idea.

I don't watch Black Clover
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Blackberry (2023).....7/10

Watching Mike talk about their signature click was so heartbreaking and pathetic to hear. I understand where he was coming from tho.

He understood tech but didn't understand the consumer market. He failed to see what consumers wanted. He failed to innovate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I have no idea.

I don't watch Black Clover

Now I really want to hoot you

shocked shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:53am On Jun 05, 2023
Blueelf:

Now I really want to hoot you

shocked shocked
hoot?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

Wrong question...shows you didn't get the point.

I'd rather be in US with all the LGBT wahala than spend another day in Africa.

We are a shithole country because of corruption but we think we are moral.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:31am On Jun 05, 2023
Karleb:

We don't think we are Moral, we just don't have the time to concentrate on those kind of things with everything that's going on.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2023
Baddestguyp:
hoot?

I meant to say shoot you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2023
Karleb:

I'd rather be in my own country. However, you are right to air the hypocrisy.

Imagine a Nigerian politician shouting against gay rights but he is sleeping with 17 year old runs girls and funding his escapades with public money.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
RE:What is a Woman? 20222

if you let one in, you got to let the others in to balance the scale, but can the boat contain all without capsizing?

This docu has been heavily censored ever since it came out last year, i was lucky enough to lay my hands on it, and E.musky okayed it to be uploaded on Twitter last week and i got to see it again.

Matt walsh who did the interview spoke from a very religious and moral standpoint, and he landed some clear and rationale points, some queer folk he interviewed also spoke some "truth" that could be construed as rationale thought.

I may never fully understand the choices people make or are seemly born with, but I'm glad these choices gives them solace and relief in a world riddled with unspeakable evil and uncertainties, as long as these choices aren't breaking any fundamental human rights , so criminalization people for these choices is a No No, and African countries where the English common law is what is been practiced shouldn't be enshrined this into thier constitution, at least middle eastern countries criminalizing the Queer folks are doing so because they practice a religious law and are relatively stable enough not to need assistance from west, unlike Africa who needs Western aid, for the basic of necessities, they have no moral,social or economic high ground to be doing such.

Nigeria is a deeply religious irreligious state, There is this faux sense of morality card we play here that makes absolutely no sense to me, because there's no act of unspeakable evil or debauchery that is not in vogue here, so there's absolutely no moral right hand to play here against these folks.

Having stated that, Nigeria is still a "conservative" Nation. Extreme poverty, low level of exposure and religious fanaticism is a bad mix in accepting a new "alien" idealogy, and so the queer community might wait little while for this inclusivity they crave. i mean, the perceived "hate" is less these days, i have seen people openly saying they are a member of that community in this Lagos without repercussions, they even hold open meet and greets now.

Finally, The major fear of this inclusivity most people in this clime fear, which is also my fear also is that once one part of the community is accepted, other perversity that is straying towards borderline insanity and mental illness will want to jump on the ride of acceptance too., I mean, As open minded as i am there's no logical basis that you will tell me that you identify as a "cat" or a grown man saying he's identifying as a 6 year old girl, all in the name of been queer that i will t take such fellow serious. This is a major problem now in western clime, everybody wants acceptance, not matter how despicable it is, if you don't, you are quickly cancelled and termed an enemy of the community.

The docu is a good watch tho, gives a clear perspective on the subject matter

B+.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
oyaskii:
RE:What is a Woman? 20222

if you let one in, you got to let the others in to balance the scale, but can the boat contain all without capsizing?

This docu has been heavily censored ever since it came out last year, i was lucky enough to lay my hands on it, and E.musky okayed it to be uploaded on Twitter last week and i got to see it again.

Matt walsh who did the interview spoke from a very religious and moral standpoint, and he landed some clear and rationale points, some queer folk he interviewed also spoke some "truth" that could be construed as rationale thought.

I may never fully understand the choices people make or are seemly born with, but I'm glad these choices gives them solace and relief in a world riddled with unspeakable evil and uncertainties, as long as these choices aren't breaking any fundamental human rights , so criminalization people for these choices is a No No, and African countries where the English common law is what is been practiced shouldn't be enshrined this into thier constitution, at least middle eastern countries criminalizing the Queer folks are doing so because they practice a religious law and are relatively stable enough not to need assistance from west, unlike Africa who needs Western aid, for the basic of necessities, they have no moral,social or economic high ground to be doing such.

Nigeria is a deeply religious irreligious state, There is this faux sense of morality card we play here that makes absolutely no sense to me, because there's no act of unspeakable evil or debauchery that is not in vogue here, so there's absolutely no moral right hand to play here against these folks.

Having stated that, Nigeria is still a "conservative" Nation. Extreme poverty, low level of exposure and religious fanaticism is a bad mix in accepting a new "alien" idealogy, and so the queer community might wait little while for this inclusivity they crave. i mean, the perceived "hate" is less these days, i have seen people openly saying they are a member of that community in this Lagos without repercussions, they even hold open meet and greets now.

Finally, The major fear of this inclusivity most people in this clime fear, which is also my fear also is that once one part of the community is accepted, other perversity that is straying towards borderline insanity and mental illness will want to jump on the ride of acceptance too., I mean, As open minded as i am there's no logical basis that you will tell me that you identify as a "cat" or a grown man saying he's identifying as a 6 year old girl, all in the name of been queer that i will t take such fellow serious. This is a major problem now in western clime, everybody wants acceptance, not matter how despicable it is, if you don't, you are quickly cancelled and termed an enemy of the community.

The docu is a good watch tho, gives a clear perspective on the subject matter

B+.
saw the movie since last year...no surprise it blew up during Pride month

Anyway, saw this wonderful tweet by a woman in response to the controversy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rarre: 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sisu 4/10
Man was hanged over night and didn't die grin how did he survive the mine field, sucked someone oxygen from under water, his gold and dagger was intact after the plane crash. Those nazi's had different opportunity to kill him but!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kion: 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Rarre:
Sisu 4/10
Man was hanged over night and didn't die grin how did he survive the mine field, sucked someone oxygen from under water, his gold and dagger was intact after the plane crash. Those nazi's had different opportunity to kill him but!!
na just movie rest lol

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
The Captive 8/10
Hmmm...hmmm....hmmm....hmmm.... hmmm.... hmmm
Omni the master....omni the power....omni forever
Water turns blood... Pestle pounding by itself.... Shoes climbing the stairs...occultist resurrecting the dead....Ritualists drinking victims blood after cutting their flesh...heart cut out
So scaring one will shit in his pant. The Conjuring franchise, Drag me to hell, Saw, Insidious, The Exorcist weren't this frightening.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
Rarre:
Sisu 4/10
it was funny how the Nazis kept making the worst possible choice when trying to kill him grin grin

So many times, I was like: "just shoot this dude"

But no, they chose to stand there looking at him, or to send dogs after him at close range...or to hang him and walk away after a minute...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
I don't understand the stupid ban I've been suffering for two days now. angry angry

Octopussy, since I tried to send you link, I just dey chop ban ever since. 3 accounts banned back to back for two days. Now, If I quote anybody on something else na ban. If you get mod connect, yarn am now cos I don dey vex.
Just check on net _naija_ to get "Fool's Paradise".

Seun better resolve this issue cos it's getting annoying. If someone attached a picture to a post, you get redirected elsewhere. You'll battle with the system for two minutes before making a single post with pictures.

angry angry angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CoolUsername: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
We are gonna make it...

Top: Lars and the Real Girl (2007)
Bottom: Barbie (2023)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
Matt Walsh's Documentary "What Is A Woman?" - A

I found it very difficult to digest some of the topics that were discussed. What started off as a humorous, entertaining documentary quickly turned dark and revealed some barbaric practices that certain people are reluctant to confront due to the fear of bad publicity.

Since this is an unrestricted environment and I have the leisure, I want to address two issues that I found intolerable and unjust to get them off my chest. Here they are:

1. Why Are Transgender Women Allowed In Cisgender Women's Sports:

To the best of my knowledge, even women who were discovered to possess some inherently biologically male characteristics that might provide an edge when competing were disqualified for reasons over which they had no control. We can all agree that having specific biological male traits would nullify the concept of "fairness" in the game, hence there were no protests or riots in response to a good number of these rulings.

Now we have transgender women (biological men) who have lived as cisgender men all their lives competing with cisgender women just because they now identify as women. Why is addressing the biological advantage demmed transphobic or bigotry. Shouldn't we consider the hectic and extended training cisgender women have to go through just to take on transgender women (biological men) without a hormonal imbalance when they have about 50% less upper body strength than them. Where's the fairness?

Why can't transgender women compete with other transgender athletes in another division while cisgender women continue to partake in their own sports where true equality and fairness are upheld? Consider it this way: If a man with the physique of Mike Tyson decides to identify as a woman, the sporting organization will put him in the ring to compete against a cisgender (biological) woman. 😱 Crazy.

2. How Is It Possible That Children Can Consent To Advanced Surgical Operations Or The Use Of Drugs That Are Known To Cause Long Term Irreversible Damages?:

I don't get why these physicians and pharmaceutical firms will literally take a child's word for it and inject them with hormones and chemically or surgically castrate them even though youngsters aren't allowed to consume alcohol, possess firearms, or even consent to sex. These procedures are also quite as dangerous. It's also noteworthy to highlight that these drugs haven't even completed enough testing to determine the extent of harm they can cause, so these kids are being used as experimental subjects.

You're telling me that impressionable children can somehow give assent to the use of medications that have been used in the past to punish sex offenders. It doesn't sound logical. Furthermore, these kids are not even being taught about these possible damages and side effects they will encounter so that major pharmaceutical corporations can wheel in millions. So the right should stay silent to avoid coming off as transphobic whilst 15-year-olds utilizing artificial cross sex hormones will develop cancer before they turn 26. That is absolute crap in its entirety, a transgression towards kids.

A lot more was uncovered in the 1 hour, 33 minute cut I watched, I only wanted to draw attention to a few unsettling findings. I concur with his wife's definition of a woman, which is an adult human female. In response, I would like to inquire why affirmation is considered as the sole option for treating gender dysphoria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sozinn

1. Transwomen aren’t allowed to compete in women sport, World Athletic and I think the WTA too have put a stop to that.

2. Children can’t consent, parents allowing their kids go through that gender surgery stuff are just stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
I don't understand the stupid ban I've been suffering for two days now. angry angry

Octopussy, since I tried to send you link, I just dey chop ban ever since. 3 accounts banned back to back for two days. Now, If I quote anybody on something else na ban. If you get mod connect, yarn am now cos I don dey vex.

Seun better resolve this issue cos it's getting annoying. If someone attached a picture to a post, you get redirected elsewhere. You'll battle with the system for two minutes before making a single post with pictures.

angry angry angry angry
Sorry I'm just seeing this. I didn't get the mention because the name wasn't spelled right.

Don't try to quote anyone for now or post special characters because your account has been flagged so you go dey collect steady.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
Sozinn

1. Transwomen aren’t allowed to compete in women sport, World Athletic and I think the WTA too have put a stop to that.

2. Children can’t consent, parents allowing their kids go through that gender surgery stuff are just stupid.
I believe children could take hormone blockers without the consent of the parents...I don't know about surgery

But it seems now some people and even states are kicking against LGBTQ agenda on children...

Several stores advertising LGBTQ clothing for children got massive boycotts and their stocks dropped massively

Plus states like Texas seem to now be passing laws restricting children from the surgeries and all that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by freezyprinzy(m): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Octopussy, since I tried to send you link, I just dey chop ban ever since. 3 accounts banned back to back for two days Now, If I quote anybody on something else na ban. If you get mod connect, yarn am now cos I don dey vex.

angry angry angry angry
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) ... (3917) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: SOZINN and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.