Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726282 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Oyaskii you remember back then we had discussions about HBOMax 4K content? Now see the titles for Max relaunch and you'd see HBOMax was never serious with 4K for the past 3 years.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Deserved.... cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:19am On Jun 02, 2023
Imagine Evil Dead making more money than Fury of The Gods.... 😭

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:41am On Jun 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

Wow you added Inception to the same sentence with this trash. Nice

I can bet your left balls you haven't even seen the movie yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2023
Hobbs is back! 🚗

#DwayneJohnson has announced his return to the "Fast and Furious" franchise and addressed his feud with Vin Diesel.

“Last summer Vin and I put all the past behind us."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2023
abduleez1:
Time to watch this and see her transformation.... 👀
Documentary?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2023
SOZINN:
Hobbs is back! 🚗

#DwayneJohnson has announced his return to the "Fast and Furious" franchise and addressed his feud with Vin Diesel.

Haters will attack in 3 2 1...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by finallybusy: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2023
Cinemas are not an easy business. Whether people purchase tickets or not, screens run. What a business of loss as electronics depreciate quicker from use. Sha, it was good as I viewed ATSV alone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Octopusssy:

Documentary?

Not really.... The trailer gives a docu vibes of some sorts but it's probably drama.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
kushercain:

I can bet your left balls you haven't even seen the movie yet.
Actually I have 😒
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
pu7pl3:

Be calming down
Try and understand what he is saying first
Comparing Inception with Rodriguez's movie is a scandal. I don't see the similarity at all because I recently rewatched Inception, nothing can be compared to Inception except another Nolan movie imp.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMdXEtAse8
Another scandal will be watching Oppenheimer on your phone only
Nolan actually created a new camera, set and cinematic device just for this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
Mecka:
In Avatar 2, how come the water people speak english? Can sb explain to me? We are here to learn
It's actually another language, it was said in the beginning of the movie

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
abduleez1:
Time to watch this and see her transformation.... 👀
Yooo I loved her in Euphoria🧘‍♂️
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMdXEtAse8
Another scandal will be watching Oppenheimer on your phone only
Nolan actually created a new camera, set and cinematic device just for this movie
Thankfully, I'm not new to scandals. On MxPlayer shall it play

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kaycee7:
Comrade 🤝🏾

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kaycee7:
Pirate of the Carribean 🙌

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
SOZINN:
Hobbs is back! 🚗

The hierarchy of power in the family universe is about to change… again grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
That was fast sad

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
BlackManta:
That was fast sad

As it should be.... 😎😎

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
The hierarchy of power in the family universe is about to change… again grin

Dem never see anything.... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

Yooo I loved her in Euphoria🧘‍♂️

Apparently, it's now a trend for people to trash Euphoria and call it bad in the echo chamber that is "Twitter". grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
👀👀

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Damn, she's stupendously rich!! shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
The quality of films and directors Robert Pattinson has been getting shows an actor who cares about his craft. cool
Good to see him back on the menu after years of going underground with indie films and developing his acting chops.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tom Holland has revealed in a recent interview that meetings about the next Spider-Man film are "on pause in solidarity with the writers," adding: "There’s been multiple conversations had, but at this point it’s very, very early stages."

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
BarbieHeimer owns July.... grin

Man shouldn't expect theatres to not heed Nolan especially after he entirely shot Oppenheimer all on IMAX 70mm film.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
Why do I find this funny.
I was always suspicious of WB keeping Barbie on that release date. 😂

July will be an interesting month....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hypnotic ..........6.8/10

Watching this movie, I can see why some rated it very low and some others felt it was okay.

I think most of the people who gave this movie like 2/10 didn't get past the 40 minutes mark.

The first 40-50 minutes or so felt like the worst movie I'd seen in 2023...
I knew there had to be a twist, cos the movie couldn't be that bad...

I had several ideas for the twist including the Rourke being the bad guy or that Lev Dellrayne didn't exist...etc

I hoped the twist would somehow explain the bad writing decisions and make everything make sense

The twist came and everything did make sense

However this movie still suffers from an execution problem. The idea isn't bad, but the execution had problems. A lot of the plot points were set up earlier...a lot was foreshadowed but when it came to the execution, it wasn't done well

A major plot issue here is how hypnotics powers work. I believe it was said that they manipulate through the brain...i.e make people see a different version of reality.
For some weird reason this hypnosis seems to work on someone miles away even before they were in any close proximity. For example the division agents were under the hypnosis of Rourke's daughter right from miles away in Helicopters even without them being anywhere near contact.
It's even likely that she hadn't met many of them ever in her life, yet they were already under her hypnosis.
Things like this break the entire rules and power system set up previously

For the twist, while the twist could be said to be good, everything that came after was badly executed and mostly predictable. The plan of Rourke had many holes in it...same as that of the division
E.g Rourke being allowed by the Division to take his daughter away. For someone they were grooming that way with so much plans, there was no reason to let her out of their sights. Anything could happen, her parents could hide her, she could be involved in a random accident, a third party with spies in the division could take her etc

It makes no sense that an agency like that with their high tech didn't have a decryption AI to decrypt a code like Lev Dellrayne being very similar to the name of a street?
That they somehow had no info about his past that he lived with surrogate parents for many years?

Rourke's plan to lure every division agent out to kill them was laughable

He somehow bet that an entire agency would send every single agent out to get him? And they wouldn't have any more agents at their base?
If he killed the ones that came, shouldn't they have more to send after him?

He somehow bet that they wouldn't snipe him out of their helicopter or car? But instead all would come out in the open like idiôts against a hypnotic?

The after-credits scene didn't even make any sense. The division leader foôled Rourke, his wife and his daughter (the strongest hypnotic alive) easily.
Then why did they need the daughter in the first place

The division had hypnotics on their teams but couldn't use another two to breed and form another child as a backup plan?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Can't believe I typed all that in about 15 minutes.

Didn't even know when the review became that long lmao grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

Comparing Inception with Rodriguez's movie is a scandal. I don't see the similarity at all because I recently rewatched Inception, nothing can be compared to Inception except another Nolan movie imp.

Added imp at the end of your trashy post so you think you have 1 up on me. You must be deep in illusion brah

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m), agbeke16 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.