Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774075 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
Calibrator:
E get some kind movies respect for my ancestors who fought wild animals with bare hands and crawled so I could walk will never allow me to watch.

Why will I carry my hairy balls and download *Barbie* to watch?

Abeg when will Heimer be out on the high seas? cheesy
Make I find trouble small

Why can't you watch it though? Is it a threat to your masculinity? Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Calibrator:
E get some kind movies respect for my ancestors who fought wild animals with bare hands and crawled so I could walk will never allow me to watch.

Why will I carry my hairy balls and download *Barbie* to watch?

Abeg when will Heimer be out on the high seas? cheesy
haba grin

I downloaded the first version that came out on the high season weeks ago...

Till date I never watch am...been postponing since

But I will someday
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
ShaqFu:
ah okay. I been think e go enter high sea sharp sharp because I never hear say e dey do well for cinema. Lol

Actually, the opposite. It's doing well in theatres actually.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
I know say this werey go hoard him film die.
Ppl wey dey wait for Oppenheimer, na to wait taya till November at least as per Christopher Nolan.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
The overdose continues.... ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฒ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
abduleez1:

Actually, the opposite. It's doing well in theatres actually.
wow. This is very comforting. Na to wait am out.

Na among the reason I miss Lagos be dis. Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
Every piece of art has its target audience
Palehair:

Make I find trouble small

Why can't you watch it though? Is it a threat to your masculinity? Lol

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
Calibrator:
loool Maaann. I have never seen a more apt response than this in a while on this thread. Should be framed and hanged up, in the louvre tbh....too elite ๐ŸŒŸ

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
abduleez1:
I know say this werey go hoard him film die.
Ppl wey dey wait for Oppenheimer, na to wait taya till November at least as per Christopher Nolan.
The werey signed a 100 days cinema exclusive run with Universal ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ, which elapses on Oct. 29th, so you are correct, November is the earliest date for the VOD.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
Calibrator:
Fair enough
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Calibrator:

This should be your sig
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 12:50am On Sep 13, 2023
It's almost 1am and I just finished watching Barbie. I'd give the story line a 6/10 and costuming 8/10. The Kens were really hilarious especially Ryan Gosling. It's a light hearted movie, like it's not that deep but I get why some men are mad lol, the movie made men look dumb.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CoolUsername: 1:22am On Sep 13, 2023
Kaycee7:
Imagine inventing and pushing lies just so you can perform outrage at feminists. Una go dey alright las las

Inventing stuff to get angry about is literally just becoming the very thing you claim to hate.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2023
nahr:
It's almost 1am and I just finished watching Barbie. I'd give the story line a 6/10 and costuming 8/10. The Kens were really hilarious especially Ryan Gosling. It's a light hearted movie, like it's not that deep but I get why some men are mad lol, the movie made men look dumb.
Anyone angry at this has probably never seen a Barbie media in thier life prior, i bet you, if this movie came out , let say 10 years ago, people will have absolutely no qualms with it, but now, movies are being watched with big microscope to see which silly thing they did wrong, and that's why we have many bad movies now in ratio to Good ones, Film makers are simply afraid to express thier "art" properly, they expect them to please, the rainbow gang, racial mafias, misguided feministas, egotistical misogynists and even the disabled (more recently)!, all in a 2hrs movie!. Now tell me how this kind of flick would come out good.

I use to enjoy Family Guy but not anymore because of BS like this, if S1 - S5 came out in this period, these people would have probably convulse and have a stroke. Nobody and Nothing was out of bound in thier butt of jokes and they engaged hot topics in thier gags, 9/11, the Christian "God", Jesus, The Prophet SAW, LGTV folks, i mean nothing was out of bounds. It was now left for the audiences to decipher how to interpret this art.

If one's takeaway from the Barbie movie is that "Men are dumb", then that person has no business seeing movies, and as the movie is PG-13, if your 13 year old child sees it and concluded that, he/she/their Father is dumb?, Then that person is probably failing as a parent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2023
oyaskii:
The werey signed a 100 days cinema exclusive run with Universal ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ, which elapses on Oct. 29th, so you are correct, November is the earliest date for the VOD.
VOD is coming out December
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2023
oyaskii:
Anyone angry at this has probably never seen a Barbie media in thier life prior, i bet you, if this movie came out , let say 10 years ago, people will have absolutely no qualms with it, but now, movies are being watched with big microscope to see which silly thing they did wrong, and that's why we have many bad movies now in ratio to Good ones, Film makers are simply afraid to express thier "art" properly, they expect them to please, the rainbow gang, racial mafias, misguided feministas, egotistical misogynists and even the disabled (more recently)!, all in a 2hrs movie!. Now tell me how this kind of flick would come out good.

I use to enjoy Family Guy but not anymore because of BS like this, if S1 - S5 came out in this period, these people would have probably convulse and have a stroke. Nobody and Nothing was out of bound in thier butt of jokes and they engaged hot topics in thier gags, 9/11, the Christian "God", Jesus, The Prophet SAW, LGTV folks, i mean nothing was out of bounds. It was now left for the audiences to decipher how to interpret this art.

If one's takeaway from the Barbie movie is that "Men are dumb", then that person has no business seeing movies, and as the movie is PG-13, if your 13 year old child sees it and concluded that, he/she/their Father is dumb?, Then that person is probably failing as a parent.
Actually youโ€™re right in a sense, the issue was itโ€™s a blockbuster and they took themselves seriously it should have been a satire, especially when they called the real world a patriarchy which is not in the West
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2023
nahr:

You get mind to watch that woke nonsense undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2023
oyaskii:

Ugh, I enjoyed the movie and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Get a grip dude.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2023
blingxx:

You get mind to watch that woke nonsense undecided

It's actually fun.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Actually youโ€™re right in a sense, the issue was itโ€™s a blockbuster and they took themselves seriously it should have been a satire, especially when they called the real world a patriarchy which is not in the West
"Took themselves seriously" in what context? Because it was billed as a "Fantasy comedy" and nothing in that sub genre screams seriousness tbh. Greta Gerwig just wanted to make a "simple " live action of a popular merchandise and make many people's childhood fantasies come true, the promotion just went out of whack, as many brand didn't want to waste a once in a lifetime "PR goldmine" by not tapping into it, Heck if i was a marketing lead at a big firm, i would probably fear for my job if i didn't"tap into the Barbie hysteria". The whole promotions had a very strong satirical undertone, so what gives??

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2023
nahr:

Ugh, I enjoyed the movie and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Get a grip dude.
lol relax, i did enjoy it too, i just wanted to address the the whole "Ken is dumb" shenanigans and coincidentally you brought it up. My rant wasn't an attack on your opinion or how you perceived the movie, apologies if it seems so.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

VOD is coming out December
It might actually get to December because Christopher Nolan is such a stubborn "cinema freak", him and Tom Cruise, i don't know who is worse, left to these lot, VOD releases for movies should be scrapped. They both favour a long cinema run and them Direct to Blu Ray copy.

The movie is still guaranteed IMAX screens for a while because CN actually use IMAX cameras and so the wait for the VOD will be rough ๐Ÿ˜”.

Shame i passed up the opportunity to see it on the first weekend, and i thought the wait for the VOD will be normal, till i read his contract with the Distribution Company ๐Ÿ˜”. My freetime with the showtime of it where i am, never did sync up, so it's a long wait ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2023
oyaskii:
lol relax, i did enjoy it too, i just wanted to address the the whole "Ken is dumb" shenanigans and coincidentally you brought it up. My rant wasn't an attack on your opinion or how you perceived the movie, apologies if it seems so.

Alright then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2023
oyaskii:
"Took themselves seriously" in what context? Because it was billed as a "Fantasy comedy" and nothing in that sub genre screams seriousness tbh. just wanted to make a "simple " live action of a popular merchandise and make many people's childhood fantasies come true, the promotion just went out of whack, as many brand didn't want to waste a once in a lifetime "PR goldmine" by not tapping into to it, Heck if i was a marketing lead at a big firm, i would probably fear for my job if i didn't"tap into the Barbie hysteria". The whole promotions had a very strong satirical undertone, so what gives??

Lol, looks like you don't have much to do today,
Come let's watch NXT together instead grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:53am On Sep 13, 2023
pu7pl3:

And NXT women's champion be like Barbie sef grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:29am On Sep 13, 2023
With all the box office numbers that people were throwing up and down, you would think that such people would be watching those movies at the cinema.

So, it is pirates that majorly grace this thread?

Barbie landed on the high seas and now, people have an opinion.

Sha, here is my opinion-

BARBIE REPRESENTS THE WORST KIND OF FEMINISM- CAPITALIST FEMINISM

Feminism is not a problem- women deserve equal rights. The issue is that feminism has been diluted to support modern hypergamy and capitalist structures which are ironically oppressive to both men and women.

For instance, Barbie is a market product. A representation of the sexual appeal of the average american consumer- a white, able-bodied, slim blonde woman. This is not representative of many women. This is why a scene of different barbies was incorporated into the barbie movie- so that the criticism of "whiteness" and a lack of intersectional feminism would be abated.

Barbie is heavily marketed with pink. Pink- the capitalist colour marketed to little girls and thereby conditioning them to gendered norms. The same gendered norms that feminists wouldn't want forced on women.

I could go on and on. But it seems that people here prefer the nonsense written by shalaye masters from hyping box office numbers to writing anachronistic reviews of movies.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2023
pu7pl3:

grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
The graduate 1967 7/10

The movie needs a redo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
nahr:

Them for use Nicki Minaj as Barbie not Margot Robbie

Na Nicki be the real Barbie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
One thing I love about art is how malleable and flexible it can be, everyone can form their own opinions to fit their own narrative ,just look at people adding their own spin to the message in barbie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ValeeLove(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kaycee7:
And NXT women's champion be like Barbie sef grin

Haha grin true
But she just lost it to Tha man cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Laycon1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.