Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773426 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
have you seen the movie?
It's a movie I religiously watch once in a year plus a third of Tarantino movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

It's a movie I religiously watch once in a year plus a third of Tarantino movies
Cool.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
Se7en.

Now this is a movie. Given the year the movie premiered, I'll say it is one of the best movie of that century. The acting was near perfect, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt nailed their roles.

The pacing, tension, thrill and gun fight is captivating. The plot was godtier and 7 Hallelujah Aye Hosanah for Kevin Spacey, dude more than killed his role.

I recommend it 100%. You won't waste your data watching it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
Se7en.

Now this is a movie. Given the year the movie premiered, I'll say it is one of the best movie of that century. The acting was near perfect, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt nailed their roles.

The pacing, tension, thrill and gun fight is captivating. The plot was godtier and 7 Hallelujah Aye Hosanah for Kevin Spacey, dude more than killed his role.

One of the god tier films from my man David Fincher. It's that film I stopped doubting Morgan Freeman.
It's easily one of my best films of all time and my favourite from Fincher.
The Batman (2022) is somewhat influenced by this movie.

You should check out Zodiac from the same director. Somewhat similar to Se7en but has a lil bit crazier frenzy demystifying the Murder mystery.
In fact, check out the man's whole Cinematography. He's premium tier. One of the few directors that can compete with Chris Nolan pound for pound in storytelling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
Se7en.

Very true
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
Until I watched the flash 2023, I never for once understood the hype behind Batman. Because dude has no super powers, neither does he have exceptional fighting skills.

But I kind of fell in love with the character after the Flash movie.

Someone should recommend a batman movie for me to watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
abduleez1:

One of the god tier films from my man David Fincher. It's that film I stopped doubting Morgan Freeman.

You should check out Zodiac from the same director. Somewhat similar to Se7en but has a lil bit crazier frenzy demystifying the Murder mystery.
In fact, check out the man's whole Cinematography. He's premium tier. One of the few directors that can compete with Chris Nolan pound for pound in storytelling.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
Never let man cook again.... lipsrsealed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Rubbish!!!!

I hate all these pretentious fvvks. ๐Ÿšฎ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Another W for WB...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
Something's cooking... ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
abduleez1:

Which year is the movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Sprints3: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Miracood2:
Until I watched the flash 2023, I never for once understood the hype behind Batman. Because dude has no super powers, neither does he have exceptional fighting skills.

But I kind of fell in love with the character after the Flash movie.

Someone should recommend a batman movie for me to watch.
Batman Begins the best batman if you want to laugh watch the star studded one very useless but funny batman and Robin gorge clooney and Jim carry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
Which year is the movie?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
abduleez1:

Cool. Downloaded it already. I'll see it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
abduleez1:
Something's cooking... ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ
the sequel to the passion of the Christ would have been best release around next year Easter, to encourage christian faithfuls to go out en masse to watch it.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Pinkeyes: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
SRK latest movie JAWAN doing wonders at the box office.

Hope it won't be delayed on high seas. Na him get Bollywood box office this year, next is dunki.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
The Truman Show 10/10

Now, this is what I call creativity not the garbage and copy copy Hollywood is giving us these days. Who could have thought a film like this was made in the past in an era when ideas were limited. Compare this movie and Barbie and it's like two worlds apart, each from distinct timelines. This is a movie for the future but came ahead of it's time. it's a trailblazer. The concept is alien and insane. Not of these world. No wonder, it's yet to be remade by the so called big studios because its strange. I've searched everywhere, this is the only movie of its kind. Maybe only Eddie Murphy films come a bit close to this genre. Hollywood wake up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by milann: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
ShaqFu:
the sequel to the passion of the Christ would have been best release around next year Easter, to encourage christian faithfuls to go out en masse to watch it.
I've you seen Risen? This is what Mel Gibson wants to replicate
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Star Wars IV - A New Hope (1977) 7/10
I decided to rewatch this movie after years, I watched it first when I was 10 or so - remembered it being boring asf and couldn't find all the hype with Star Wars ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธand its billion dollars shite.
Even now I'm still not impressed seriously. The movie is still boring to me but I'm just intrigued. I'm sure just like the Avatar franchise, the star Wars movie did well not because of the story but the visual effects and world building๐Ÿ˜’ at that time.
Star Wars made 770 million dollars from a less than 20 million dollars budget but the franchise is just sucked dry already none of the new star Wars series apart from Andor is any good๐Ÿ˜’

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
ErenXSatoru:
Star Wars IV - A New Hope (1977) 7/10
I decided to rewatch this movie after years, I watched it first when I was 10 or so - remembered it being boring asf and couldn't find all the hype with Star Wars ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธand its billion dollars shite.
Even now I'm still not impressed seriously. The movie is still boring to me but I'm just intrigued. I'm sure just like the Avatar franchise, the star Wars movie did well not because of the story but the visual effects and world building๐Ÿ˜’ at that time.
Star Wars made 770 million dollars from a less than 20 million dollars budget but the franchise is just sucked dry already none of the new star Wars series apart from Andor is any good๐Ÿ˜’

Lol, no let them come for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Barbie is out on the high seas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
samistry:
Barbie is out on the high seas.

Downloaded yesterday night along with Talk To Me. Na time to watch am be problem.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
milann:
I've you seen Risen? This is what Mel Gibson wants to replicate
Nope, I'm not really a fan of Jesus movies. I've not really watched The Passion of the Christ. The only movie I've seen that bore resemblance to Jesus is Ben Hur.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
abduleez1:

Downloaded yesterday night along with Talk To Me. Na time to watch am be problem.
Is Equalizer 3 out on High Sea?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
ShaqFu:
Is Equalizer 3 out on High Sea?

For where you wan see am Bros... ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Film wey just come out last week. ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
abduleez1:

For where you wan see am Bros... ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Film wey just come out last week. ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ
ah okay. I been think e go enter high sea sharp sharp because I never hear say e dey do well for cinema. Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Feminists Evil coven witches from hell.

Hand go soon touch them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
WriterNig:
Feminists Evil coven witches from hell.

Hand go soon touch them.
Imagine inventing and pushing lies just so you can perform outrage at feminists. Una go dey alright las las

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
E get some kind movies respect for my ancestors who fought wild animals with bare hands and crawled so I could walk will never allow me to watch.

Why will I carry my hairy balls and download *Barbie* to watch?

Abeg when will Heimer be out on the high seas? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sweeney Todd

I am always protective of Broadway adaptations especially when it's a Sondheim classic but attach the king of today's fantasy and gothic horror Tim Burton (sorry Del Toro and Columbus) to add his whimsical and creepy spin but still stays true to the original story,then it's a hit

Johnny Depp shines as usual but live it to Burton's ex wife/then muse Helena Bonham Carter to steal the show, she's the definition of "I don't need to learn acting to become an amazing actress". The late Alan Rickman brought his snape-esque style and crushed it as the stone-hearted villain with Sascha Baron Cohen not far behind. The actors all showed their voice range with Rickman impressing me the most,him and Depp's version of Pretty Women is one of my favorites from the musical that is far better than the Broadway adaptation,HBC's rendition of "God, that's good" was as playful as I imagined it

Dariusz Wolski's cinematography portraying dark and grimy Victorian england was such a depressing setting that fits the movie perfectly but I expected nothing less,this is the same cinematographer for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies

My only gripe with this was Sondheim agreeing to them to remove the opening song "The ballad of Sweeney Todd" from the movie, it's like removing "The bells of Notre Dame" from Disney's "The hunchback of Notre Dame",the song was really haunting and an introduction to the mind of the tortured protagonist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Palehair: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kaycee7:
Imagine inventing and pushing lies just so you can perform outrage at feminists. Una go dey alright las las
Watch the soyboys call you a simp,e no dey pass their go to insult

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: thaiwo05(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.