Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3734086 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) (3822) (3823) (3824) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by teebell90: 9:27pm On Apr 11
Thanks Bro ..
abduleez1:

Many websites.... Depending on your preferences.

Pahe dot ink
Tfpdl dot com
Lightdl dot xyz
Nkiri dot com
Animepahe dot com
Fzmovies dot net
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 9:24am On Apr 12
blingxx:
I don't mean to be religious but Denis vellenueve knew what he was doing here
. grin grin

Very funny..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tonnyray: 10:07am On Apr 12
WAR (Wrath And Revenge).

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick9(m): 1:02pm On Apr 13
teebell90:
Thanks Bro ..
In anything you do avoid that TFPdl website...
Very useless site filled with ads and bugs

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 1:36pm On Apr 13
I have two questions that is burning my heart. marvel fanatics, DC fanatics come around

Why is it possible for madame webb to relive moments and see the future and spiderman cannot?

How was madame paramedic partner able to locate and rescue her alone from that ill fated plunge?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:52pm On Apr 13
Arizoner:
I have two questions that is burning my heart. marvel fanatics, DC fanatics come around

Why is it possible for madame webb to relive moments and see the future and spiderman cannot?

How was madame paramedic partner able to locate and rescue her alone from that ill fated plunge?

Bro is really trying to make sense of the Madame Web movie grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13
Arizoner:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚sweetie, there are many burning questions in madame. You just have to switch of your brain to enjoy it, sweetie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:26pm On Apr 13
Wicked Little Letters

Thoroughly enjoyable watch, no propaganda or inclusiveness. Just enjoyable.

7/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14
The absolute dire state of cinema culture mann 😫. The wait time for blockbusters to hit VOD shelves is like one month!. At this despicable rate, no movie is clocking 1bn greens anytime soon, even gulping 500 mil, would be an absolute miracle fgs.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14
oyaskii:
The absolute dire state of cinema culture mann 😫. The wait time for blockbusters to hit VOD shelves is like one month!. At this despicable rate, no movie is clocking 1bn greens anytime soon, even gulping 500 mil, would be an absolute miracle fgs.

My Omo is omoing.....

Although the movie did perform slightly poorly. So it's kinda understandable for me. There was a movie going apathy towards the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14
Things looking good for A24....

Can't believe this is Alex Garland's highest opening. Director of Annihilation (one of the most weird mind fvvk movie I ever watched).

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14
abduleez1:

My Omo is omoing.....

Although the movie did perform slightly poorly. So it's kinda understandable for me. There was a movie going apathy towards the movie.

DUNE part 2 had movie going apathy too? That was supposed to be, arguably the biggest blockbuster out this year, and Zaslav had that shii out on the streets, barely a month into it's cinema run, in full HD 😭.

The bitter fact is, generally, distribution companies might no longer rate cinema and all it's allure. Football and other pieces of media have already sold thier souls to VOD platforms, and maybe movies are slowly following suit.

I haven't studied the numbers, but it seems distributing via VOD platforms, have a better harmonised financial return these days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14
NeoWanZaeed:

4 days grin

Almost 4 days now
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14
Baddestguyp:

Almost 4 days now

A never started to download xef lol

No data
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 5:07am On Apr 15

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:48am On Apr 15
oyaskii:
DUNE part 2 had movie going apathy too? That was supposed to be, arguably the biggest blockbuster out this year, and Zaslav had that shii out on the streets, barely a month into it's cinema run, in full HD 😭.

The bitter fact is, generally, distribution companies might no longer rate cinema and all it's allure. Football and other pieces of media have already sold thier souls to VOD platforms, and maybe movies are slowly following suit.

I haven't studied the numbers, but it seems distributing via VOD platforms, have a better harmonised financial return these days.

Guess I was banned.... 😩

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dacool1(m): 10:53am On Apr 15
DyingFetus:

Lovely movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 12:47pm On Apr 15
This is not funny. Marvel will not finish us. In the film, Madame web can relive moments as well as see the future. In the comics and wikipedia, she has visions and can see the future but cannot relive moments. I dont get it. Is it that there are two versions of madame webs that we dont know. Someone should explain to me. I'm lost
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15
Arizoner:
This is not funny. Marvel will not finish us. In the film, Madame web can relive moments as well as see the future. In the comics and wikipedia, she has visions and can see the future but cannot relive moments. I dont get it. Is it that there are two versions of madame webs that we dont know. Someone should explain to me. I'm lost
There is a reason this movie tanked and it is a miserable 12% on RT. It is bottom barrel low quality garbage. Stop stressing your head over it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 1:36pm On Apr 15
DyingFetus:

I enjoyed this movie back then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15
IngeniousLeez:

Guess I was banned.... 😩
What i can deduce from your write up is that, WB has probably seen that DUNE: Part 2 has hit set targets and it's probably the highest grossing flick this year even, so they will rather slow thier roll on it by releasing the home media early, so that GxK can have a soft landing at the B.O.

But generally speaking the ease at which home media drops after theatrical release is baffling, Kung Fu Panda 4 is doing decent numbers at the B.O and yet within 2 weeks, the Home Media is already available...like...back in the day, when VOD wasn't really a thing, a true blockbuster blu ray release was an upwards of between 3 to 5 months after the cinematic run and so the wait was killing, that's why most people just opt for Camrip or TS because they couldn't just wait.

In hindsight, bro, i ain't even complaining cuz ngl, it's a Big W for my pocket 😩 but cinema culture, especially, in improvished places, like our clime will die down. On release day for DUNE part 2, standard ticket was going for like 7k!. My friend went to see it, last 2 weeks at prime time, and could you believe, he was the only one in the Cinema room, that could seat 1.5k people at a least. Back in the day, blockbusters were like 1.5k flat to see, at that time sef, i could use my UNI ID card to see films for 500h, even at then, people were reluctant to even come out, except maybe on weekends or public holidays, compared to now, when the economy is even in worst shape than then.

Almost nobody is paying that high to see films now, when they know there is a high chance the VOD/PVOD/Home Media drops within weeks. Folks will just be refreshing PSArips, Pahe and the likes, playing the waiting game with keen interest and just keep sailing away ☠️

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:00pm On Apr 15
πŸŽ₯ Fallout S01 (2024) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:00pm On Apr 15
πŸŽ₯ Damaged (2024) = 5.3/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:08pm On Apr 15
Argylle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15
cao:
Argylle.
don't know why I've only watched about 15 mins of this movie...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblem2: 11:43pm On Apr 15
no movie have crossed 1bn this year, Deadpool might be the first
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:14am On Apr 16
oyaskii:
What i can deduce from your write up is that, WB has probably seen that DUNE: Part 2 has hit set targets and it's probably the highest grossing flick this year even, so they will rather slow thier roll on it by releasing the home media early, so that GxK can have a soft landing at the B.O.

But generally speaking the ease at which home media drops after theatrical release is baffling, Kung Fu Panda 4 is doing decent numbers at the B.O and yet within 2 weeks, the Home Media is already available...like...back in the day, when VOD wasn't really a thing, a true blockbuster blu ray release was an upwards of between 3 to 5 months after the cinematic run and so the wait was killing, that's why most people just opt for Camrip or TS because they couldn't just wait.

In hindsight, bro, i ain't even complaining cuz ngl, it's a Big W for my pocket 😩 but cinema culture, especially, in improvished places, like our clime will die down. On release day for DUNE part 2, standard ticket was going for like 7k!. My friend went to see it, last 2 weeks at prime time, and could you believe, he was the only one in the Cinema room, that could seat 1.5k people at a least. Back in the day, blockbusters were like 1.5k flat to see, at that time sef, i could use my UNI ID card to see films for 500h, even at then, people were reluctant to even come out, except maybe on weekends or public holidays, compared to now, when the economy is even in worst shape than then.

Almost nobody is paying that high to see films now, when they know there is a high chance the VOD/PVOD/Home Media drops within weeks. Folks will just be refreshing PSArips, Pahe and the likes, playing the waiting game with keen interest and just keep sailing away ☠️

True man. Cinema culture is somewhat dieing due to economic headwinds impacting the entire industry worldwide.

Remember seeing AQUAMAN 2 in January and we were like 10 I'm peak holiday period ooo. I'm not thinking what weekdays would be although it's box office collection in Nigerian cinema says it was a huge box office draw. So it was probably frontloaded in the first few weeks in December.
Similar experience with The Batman in March 2022.

As you rightly said, the insane rate at which premium content drop on VOD platforms makes it even worse for people to go to cinema. But I feel it's economics that's the biggest pain point. If one really wanted to see something in theatres and the cost is favourable or negligible, no matter, they'll see it in theatres. NGL tho, early VOD release has eased one's pocket and the pressure of watching it in cinemas.
There's the feeling of watching something in theatres then 2 weeks later it's out in the high seas... shΓ―t be making you feel some type of way. πŸ˜‚

Funny trend I noticed is that normal standard theatres in North America or Europe are not even the ones benefiting from the high performing movies this year. It's IMAX Cinemas reaping the results with about 40% and above gross coming from it for films such as DUNE 2, GxK and co. The hardcore franchise watchers are opting for the premium experience while average cinema goers are showing more apathy. That's a huge problem for cinema chains like AMC, Cinemark and the likes.

And shit like this is looking to continue with upcoming franchise films like Furiosa, Kingdom of the Planet of Apes, Alien: Romulus and co.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:22am On Apr 16
Ballzproblem2:
no movie have crossed 1bn this year, Deadpool might be the first

Dey play.
That movie no fit hit 1bn. The best if can do is $850-900mn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:27am On Apr 16
Based on this release date, December this year is shaping up to be a bloodbath.

We have two beloved franchise films coming out, two legacy movies and a growing and promising videogame franchise. 😩😩

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblem2: 11:23am On Apr 16
IngeniousLeez:

Dey play.
That movie no fit hit 1bn. The best if can do is $850-900mn.
I go quote you when e happen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:47pm On Apr 16
Ballzproblem2:
I go quote you when e happen

No wahala...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) (3822) (3823) (3824) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Bryan12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.