Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? (13329 Views)

Acquire Skills To Earn An Income - Build Your Own Jumia Or Konga - / Pls Stop Searching For Job And Acquire This Good Skill / 10 Ways To Be Great This Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Just one, how to woo girls n get them to ♍Ɣ feet
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Acidosis(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmm...
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by oluwasola01(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
So many; writting, software programming, enterprenual, effective communication....

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Ibime(m): 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
I acquired many skills. I finished my CIMA, started flirting with IMC, increased my speed on spreadsheets through widening my use of shortcuts, learned how to manage people effectively especially sideways management where colleagues are not directly under you, but have a sideways reporting line, developed socially in my interactions with the very top execs, partly helped by gaining a mentor at the very top. And I still managed to indulge in many of the things I love ie football and HipHop. What I did lose out on was sleep and holidays and keeping up with current affairs. For next year, my goal is learning to manage my time. Everything must be faster, faster, faster without losing accuracy.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by EmemGeeInc(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
well dis yr i learnt hw 2scam,asin im a certified G-boy nw..i wire alot,&also dating pays me @least 70-80Bar errr'2wks...xmas go bad gaan,enuf clubbing&shankin'...paying ma skool fees outta yySh!t,YBNL Gang..as a 9ja bwoy ah gatto hu$$le hard on d internet..enuf kudi

3 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Keemy88(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
I learnt how to drive shift stick.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by portable11: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Well as for me I learnt how to make Bag and shoes with Ankara fabric and leather,also learnt how to organise trainings,also I can now make hair though not yet perfect but I dey try sha lol

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Soso990240(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
alpha conde: I got trained as a banker, that training turned my entire life around.

BTW
For those ladies claiming they must get married this year. Its just 2 saturdays left.
lmfao..bros,why u de hassh like dis?
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Contumely: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
Psychedelia: 1. My teenage cousin taught me knitting this year, as a little something I could use to pass time. I can now knit living room sofa headrests grin

2. This year, I also fully mastered the art of ambient occlusion and sub-surface scattering on Maya2013, a 3-D rendering and animation software. For those of you who are a little confused... Sub-surface Scattering is the ability of matter to both absorb and scatter light beamed directly at it. A common example is the bright-red light seen on your neighbour's ear when light is beamed from behind it. Phew! Basically, I just mastered how to fully simulate it using a 3-D software. Nerdy stuff grin

3. I finally grasped the art of cooking Egusi soup. Jehovah! Clap for me naau! After 14 tries, no be small thing oooh. I know I got it right this time because my guests didn't quickly rush to scatter my toilet with hot shhitt as was the case before.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

4. I FINALLY learned how to do the tongue-roller, bitcches!!! Yes! In your faces! Who's the man?! cool

=
How did u get it right?
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Contumely: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tuntheycr7:

You must be High on watery beans. Nonsense

infact go and sleep.
So because you failed means others would be like you ? I pity ya future children in advance.

I dont have confab with simpletons and dolts that can't indite logically.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nomski0(f): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2013

My baking and icing skills improve. I'm ready to make extra cash when the strike's called off.

I learnt how to kick serious äss in chess. Wasn't easy, but I'm pretty confident of holding talented chess players to a draw.tongue

Improved on video games too, especially soccer, and need for speed; rivals. I'm not totally worthless in Pes these days grin
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by GentleFrank(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Blogging and other computer/internet skills !
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Hardheolar(m): 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
donnypool: .
space booking! no meaningful contribution. We know ur type.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by GboyegaD(m): 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
I learnt to be a more effective reader, to be more assertive, take charge of my situations, and above all, to be happy no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Ilodigweudoka(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
am a second class upper graduate that work on contract basis with one firm. but i still believed in my great talent which is soccer playing and i use my leisure time to work hard on the pitch and master some tricks during playing the game as God may have it i will be leaving the country feb next year to sign into a club thru an agent that picked interest in me during my determination and will also continue my masters over there and also do one or two professional courses abroad to cum-develop my cognitive, affective and psychomotor domain as an individual. thanks to my God. winners are SLEEPERS that never stopped dreaming. talent pays more than lazying around in the office. tell me which successful banker earns more than an upcoming athlete, musician, or other lucrative handiworks. you can just be OK but not to your satisfaction. DISCOVER IT.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by mystical10: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Just finished learning networking(CCNA), but still need to practicalize it in a real life. ...looking for a group or individual to follow. I am ready to follow u to site in any state in southern naija pls. Contact me 08020998100 or add whatsapp

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Feraz(m): 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Psychedelia: 1. My teenage cousin taught me knitting this year, as a little something I could use to pass time. I can now knit living room sofa headrests grin

2. This year, I also fully mastered the art of ambient occlusion and sub-surface scattering on Maya2013, a 3-D rendering and animation software. For those of you who are a little confused... Sub-surface Scattering is the ability of matter to both absorb and scatter light beamed directly at it. A common example is the bright-red light seen on your neighbour's ear when light is beamed from behind it. Phew! Basically, I just mastered how to fully simulate it using a 3-D software. Nerdy stuff grin

3. I finally grasped the art of cooking Egusi soup. Jehovah! Clap for me naau! After 14 tries, no be small thing oooh. I know I got it right this time because my guests didn't quickly rush to scatter my toilet with hot shhitt as was the case before.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

4. I FINALLY learned how to do the tongue-roller, bitcches!!! Yes! In your faces! Who's the man?! cool
Really? I mean maya? Pls, any videos on that? I wanna improve. I'm still learning how to manipulate vertices starting with the popular cow image...hehehe
Nomski0:
I learnt how to kick serious äss in chess. Wasn't easy, but I'm pretty confident of holding talented chess players to a draw.tongue
Chess you say? Hopefully, you'll come participate next year for games during Engineering week. For baking, gonna learn that this christmas since we do that at home every christmas (chinchin mainly)

Topic, learnt mainly the art of boat making using fibres, also got a certification in Energy from UT via edx (an MOOC company), improved my cooking skills in some soups...hehehe....
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
T

5 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nomski0(f): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Feraz: heheheChess you say? Hopefully, you'll come participate next year for games during Engineering week. For baking, gonna learn that this christmas since we do that at home every christmas (chinchin mainly)

Engineering week? Are you a Uniben student?
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Eseose9(f): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Baking,interior decoration, also learnt how to use beads to make bags,purse.ASUU una weldone o.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
I don't know if this qualifies for a skill, but I learned python (programming language) this year. While learning the language I was able to pick up the following abilities.
1. Patience
2. Analytical/critical thinking
3. Persistence (Semantic errors frustrated me a lot)
--------------------------------
Was reading through comments, and I discovered that my conclusive reasoning ability improved a lot this year, my reading skills improved too, lest I forget, my vocabulary database increased, all thanks to a word per day delivery in my email box.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Lilimax(f): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
I've learnt how to make clothes. Currently designing my clothes myself. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
I got my PMP certification in July this year after all my lame excuses and procastination. It was well worth it. Next year, probably an Msc.

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by obc: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nashville: Bull-shitting and fluffing. Seriously, its the most important. Just sounding confident in conversations is key. Even if you saying BS people will believe you! Saying things in a confident, convincing and passionate way is very important.

Many kids are here...
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Feraz(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nomski0:

Engineering week? Are you a Uniben student?
Yeah....
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Obizee316(m): 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Omooh ,I learnt so many things this year ranging from communication,office applications without official training,good internet searching skills for helpful result,software management skills.and a whole lot more.but my problem is which one will take me to d next level and will help me grow in my Career path,as in I started with engineering background but nw into sales with little Technical skills involved .pls Advice.

1 Like

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Sircj(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
hmmmmm God is good to me . Road,piping designing with C3D. I cant just image wat i av learnt. Still on PM
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by BlackHuman(m): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
I learn't how to drive. I also want to learn how to swim. This are survival skills.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by Gentlesniper(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Though there was really no time for me to get other major skills, I tried improving on the skills I already have making me the best in what I do.
Re: How Many Skills Did You Acquire This Year? by girlsupersonic(f): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Learnt how to sew dresses and made some to give out as gifts to children this Christmas, volunteered my time with an NGO interested in education, did an Ict course with Huawei, shout out to girls in ict! I also started learning Italian through you tube lol hopefully my skills shall grow. Joining Aiesec to also gain some useful skills. I also want to learn to build an app. But I have no ideasad help. And yes, I'm a student.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alison: 100 Courses Offered Free Of Charge + Certificate / Photo: Cripples Serve As Street Sweepers In Kaduna State / Nigerian Photographer Receives Getty Images Creative Bursary Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.