Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54261 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
GEJ,I can confidently can never survive the coming avalanche.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by osmog: 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
The message is wat we need
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by debbleopto: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
sincerenigerian: I expect movers and shakers to let GEJ, Tukur and few others have PDP while they move elsewhere to defeat PDP in the North and SW. We shall see clearly by April. PDP is about to implode in front of our eyes.

As I look at the mighty PDP, I. REMEMBERED THE GREAT SOVIET UNION FALL
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ as a ex-military strategist will never make this move as a grand strategy if the dispersal of Jonathan's govt has not been effected already.I'm sure Jonathan's just playing for time for 2015,he'll be pushed out.He has no bargaining chips.My worry?I just pity Jonathan.But I'm happy.The nationalists will rise up again to save my beloved country from parochialism,a state of one-sidedness.Similar interests will coalesce for the rescue-another doctrine of necessity,by hook or crook but Nigeria'll remain one,once again.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Omadachi(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
A LETTER TO NELSON MANDELA
Dear Dr. Nelson,

Please, when you get to the world beyond, tell Herbert Macaulay that the
party he found has been turned to People Destroying Party

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that we now pay school fees without going to
school

Help me tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to democracy that he
built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands

Tell Chief Anthony Enahoro that the independent nation he fought for is
no more

Tell Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now favours the rich.

Tell Muritala Muhammed that we still use kerosene to cook and candles to see.

Tell King Jaja of Opobo that we are still slaves in our country

Please, tell Dele Giwa that Nigerian press has been bought with money

Tell Chinua Achebe that things has fallen apart

Tell Yaradua that we are back to zero point agenda

Tell Fela that his prophecy has come to reality. NIGERIANS ARE SUFFERING
AND SMILING!

..... And please don't forget to tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal government paid
200 billion into ASUU account but they have not seen alert.

Tell them that we need quick reply to this letter.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by maximas(m): 10:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ lets search ourself first
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
mikeansy:

some of you are living in a bubble

so the President who controls the head of the army and all the Generals no follow for the owners of Nigeria?
It is good to keep your enemy stupid,do not try to educate him.Just let him become ripe and pick the ripe fruit.WHAM!Your eye'll open.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by hamisu747: 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
4get abt wt transpired during obj admtn, bt is he saying d truth ?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by aquabeing: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=kettykin]Jonathan is a weak president other wise this fool called Obj who squandered N16b tax payers money on a fluke power project, who used his office to organise the worst set of rigging in Anambra where Andy Uba was declared winner in an election that didn't hold, whose daughter was caught in embezzlement of N10b health fujd, who used EFCC to victimise governors he doesn't like, who closed down businesses of igbo men for no meaningful reasons, who issued oil blocks to all manner of people as he was the minister for petroleum should be behind
bars[quote

you are dumb for this ,even though u are entitiled to your opinion .The meaningful deduction in your statement shows with PDP Nigeria is doomed
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

That was a typo, I was typing from my phone. You should be smarter.
I'm not Igbo FYA.

That aren't a typo ....if that was a typo...is the one below also a typo?

Seriously these guys are delusional.
Why do you think Aliyu and Lamido are having a had time leaving PDP.
PDP is still the main party in the North.
The only thing for GEJ is to strike a deal with the North for 2019 (that's if GEJ intends to go for a 2nd).
I have friends from Kaduna, Plateau, Gombe, Taraba, Adamawa, Bauchi who will die for GEJ and they are all Northerners.

Are you always in a hurry to submit your post that you can't read through before hitting the submit button...or you just simply have an issue with the English words..am inclined to believe the latter to be true.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by aquabeing: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Malawian: i am waiting for the day obasanjo will join APC so that it will be clear to Tinubu's okpolo eyes.

why is it that these yoruba have an ingrained slave mentality in their DNA? the level of "defection" by these northerners from PDP to "our saviour" APC should raise some concerns to tinubu if he was smart.

we see Fulani strategy on play here again, yet our "sophisticated" yorubas cant see it.

Peole like you need to be eradicated from our beloved country because of your sentimental reasoning.Now the Yoruba race and the Fulanis are your problem because you come from a divided ethic group.Tell me if you know anybody as sincere as the late Gani (someone from the race yours can never match up to)try to think from a liberal point of view before you post comments .

we saw the same strategy from them with a certain GOWON .

when the time comes, the fulani would suddenly become a majority in APC - even though they dont need a majority to chance the lily-livered yoruba into leadership positions.

i am still waiting for that yorubaman that can speak up when a fulani is talking.

how can these sophisticated people be working overtime to send the whole country back to slavery?

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by vicenteze: 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
www.indigenouspeopleofbiafra.org. 7:10pm listen to radio biafra london
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by willibounce: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
If any normal, honest, intelligent and educated human being listens to Jonathan's impromptu conversation/prepared speech, he/she will agree honestly that Jonathan is not an intelligent man. He is far from being average.

I just wonder how he got a PhD. It's quite funny how we can't fine anyone in nigeria who was a student of Jonathan while he was a lecturer. It's sardonic.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire: OBJ wants GEJ to "disobey" the constitution which mandates him to run for second term, and honor a brotherly agreement to hand over power to the North. Is that Democracy ?

OBJ wants GEJ to use carrot and stick methodology to handle Terrorists, when the world over, use of force is what is advocated; and we are warned never to negotiate with terrorists. OBJ himself murdered thousands at Odi and Akanu Ibiam. That was against natural justice, but what do we expect from a man who led the mercenaries in the Nigerian Army to kill during the civil war.

OBJ channeled billions of dollars meant for Electricity into Sahara Oil, which is currently worth about $100b even though evidently the company is just too young. OBJ is a thief.

The release of Al-Mustafa scares the hell out of these cabal that have secrets in their cupboards, so it is essential for OBJ to be scared. The soldier is now scared of death. Shame!

OBJ was privy and approved the fractionalization of PDP thinking it will be a negotiating ploy for the President, but his antic has been hijacked, first by Atiku, then by Amaechi and finally by Tinubu, a man whose State allocation freeze for 2yrs, which was later released to Tinubu, which turned him instantly to a multi-billionaire in dollars, this is OBJ's autocratic legacy.

Let truth be told, OBJ knew Yaradua was going to die, and he also "thought" GEJ was a better choice than Odili, cos he mistook GEJ for some smiling novice that will allow him control Aso Rock from the Farm. Whoo Sai, GEJ isn't a push over, he is a true fisherman's son, from the family of canoe makers, he understands the pains of the poor and he is ready, to once and for all scatter the gang in PDP who group themselves to steal our common wealth. PDP will never be the same again, and what remains of it, will be clean, youthful and answering to the masses.

GEJ makes friends within and without PDP, he allows LP, APGA and even APC have a smooth win without blinking an eye, because he has friends in all parties.

I can assure, at the right time and place, Satan will meet God, and so shall it be in 2015.

GEJ will win again and heavens will not fall.

GEJ is going to lose woefully.It is not my wish,it will just happen.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
aventura: we have three groups in The Nigeria political structure.

1. The GEJ Loyalists - Sincere 9gerian and co..

2. The Opposition loyalists _ Ilungoy and co.

3. The Neutrals - myself and a multitude of detrabilized Nigerians.

Truth is GEJ is corrupt and inept when it comes to governance, but that does not make the opposition any better. Let's call a spade a spade.
What is this one writing?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Spray(m): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: No I doubt this.
Talking of the devil calling a demon, an agent of darkness undecided
let he without sin shud cast d first stone, fairytale is rare broda, but some are still beta dan d others! Obasanjo on point dis time around.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Spray(m): 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chiefpriest1: Jonathan has not only failed himself and his admirers, he has failed the nation. But this letter should have come from a more credible source. Obasanjo is/was no saint and in fact did some worse stuff. The message is good,but the messenger is tainted
dont dare commit fallacy, i mean fallacy of letter writing
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

It seems you are now ready to learn but you have to convince me you are ready.
I have worked and lived in the North, I have worked in government parastatal.
I have friends who have done same.
I know what you don't. I'm done with you, I can't keep schooling you on these ABC facts. Go ask an elder one of yours. Run along.
With your ABCD english,matured people are talking sense,you decide to be counting the number of hairs in your beards.How else do you want us to know of your insecurity?You too,run along.It's past your bedtime.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Spray(m): 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.
the difference btw gej and obj is clear clown? Durin obj tenure so many commisons was set up 2 tackle corruptn in d country, dat realy reduces coruptn imensly,, while gej tenure coruptn increases uninteruptdly, thank u!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Spray(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2013
stebell: Who de f.uck is OBJ. After Baba (gida) who institutionalized corruption, OBJ is de master himself. Most of the corrupt cases that hv been revealed now were actually encouraged during OBJ's tenure. Instead of using the EFCC properly, he OBJ used it to hunt everyone and anyone oppose to his govt.

when i hear corruption, i think of OBJ.

kettle calling a pot black.
ethnic bigot
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by pmc01(m): 12:01am On Dec 12, 2013
niceeric:
how else does a clueless person look when faced with
responsibilities?

This is Classic! grin
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Waspy: I don't think writing a lenghty letter is part of ObJ's styles.... Niggas pls don't crank his style.
If he wants to do as the letter said.... Obj would pick the media esp the T.V
That too might happen.Letter first.Then documents.etc
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Kc3000: 12:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Was ObJ broke as a joke when he came out of prison? You bet.

Is he now a multi-billionaire? Sure is.

Did he spend eight whole years enriching himself and his cronies through privatization scams, and awarding oil blocks like Nigeria was having a liquidation sale? No doubt.

Should such a fool even show his ugly mug in public, or insult the masses he so willfully impoverished, by turning around to give a lecture on corruption? Hell no!

Should he be back in prison whence he came? Yes, lock him up and throw the keys away.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 12, 2013
Kc3000: Was ObJ broke as a joke when he came out of prison? You bet.

Is he now a multi-billionaire? Sure is.

Did he spend eight whole years enriching himself and his cronies through privatization scams, and awarding oil blocks like Nigeria was having a liquidation sale? No doubt.

Should such a fool even show his ugly mug in public, or insult the masses he so willfully impoverished, by turning around to give a lecture on corruption? Hell no!

Should he be back in prison whence he came? Yes, lock him up and throw the keys away.

but send Gej and stella with him,to carry his bag for him.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Urine: 12:42am On Dec 12, 2013
There's a strange thing about the comments I've read, why are people overlooking the points raised. Why is nobody talking about the "sniper training" accusation? For an ex- president to accuse a sitting president of this is a very serious issue.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Urine: 12:46am On Dec 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.

What's the relevance of "Tinubu slaves" in this issue? Even if you have to hustle for bread, please do it with common sense.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by okoolori(m): 1:05am On Dec 12, 2013

The Big problem we have with someone like and some of these southners/
eastners is biasness,egocentrism and abatement
of fellow in criminal or cruel act. They neva See
anything wrong wit Oduah, Maduke, Iweala,
jonathan, nd even wen Okadigbo was accused of
financial misappropriation in his days in
senate,they celebrated his life well spent. Faruk
lawan was stoned in his own state for being
involved in the malicious corrupt practices, we
booed Dimeji ,ette nd even Obj was once stoned wit
sachet water around his otta farm. We detest
Immorallity nd Indiscipline.
What is their problem for good christ
sake..haaahaah!
It high time u stop this nonsense nd embrace
attitude worthy of emulation.
Anyway... not all Igbos shield these
immoralites...Apology to the good ones.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ddeola: 1:49am On Dec 12, 2013
Obasanjo speaking...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by DerideGull(m): 2:04am On Dec 12, 2013
This is apparent fear of disintegration of Nigeria. Those people who continuously milk the deranged Nigeria do not want it to become sane via disintegration. Of course, Obasanjo would want Nigeria to continue its aimless course to nowhere. If Jonathan Goodluck’s constitutional observance will lead to the disintegration of Nigeria, I say let it be tomorrow.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by DerideGull(m): 2:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Spray:
the difference btw gej and obj is clear clown? Durin obj tenure so many commisons was set up 2 tackle corruptn in d country, dat realy reduces coruptn imensly,, while gej tenure coruptn increases uninteruptdly, thank u!

Do you actually know the meaning of corruption? Femi Fani-Kayode was minister of aviation under Obasanjo and he had publicly owned up to corruptive practices. The meaning of corruption does not emanate from the front pages of Punch Newpapers or Osundefender.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by nduchucks: 2:10am On Dec 12, 2013
Has Asari-Dokubo reacted to OBJ's letter, or is he a coward that is loud mouthed only when warning harmless Junaid?

At the rate things are shaping up GEJ's handlers will kill him, enemies may not be needed. May God protect the man and open his eyes to see that his next step should be retirement - Oga sir, go and enjoy your billions in peace while the opportunity is stll there. I take God beg you, you be decent man.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by DerideGull(m): 2:19am On Dec 12, 2013
PointB: So why did Obj nominate GEJ as Vice President in the first place? Didn't he see GEJ primarily as an Ijaw man who will calm the militancy in the Niger Delta or did he see him as a 'weakling' he could easily manipulate?

I am constrained to believe that Obj is angry because he couldn't get what he want - control of the presidency. Obj supervised the worst elections in Nigeria history, under the notorious 'do and die' politics. It is this same Obj who came out from prison with less than N20000 in his account, only to own multi-million business concern soon after. Was it not same Obj who gave Nigeria $16 billion worth of darkness after 8 years?

The argument on polarisation of the country along ethnic line is true, but it if Nigeria has been a united country where equity and fairness has been long enthrone, this so-called polarisation wouldn't have had the ground to breed. Personally, I prefer a country where everyone who has a grudge is allowed to express them, rather than one which pretends all is well.

Truth be told, GEJ is not perfect, he has many flaws, and could have done a few things in different way. But on the balance of things, he is a much better President than all past presidents - Obj included.

Bros the moronic Olusegun Obasanjo thought Goodluck Jonathan is the brand of Ijo men he and Gowon used during the Nigeria/Biafra war.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Caption This Emefiele's Posture As Buhari Passes (pic) / Murray-Bruce Announced Bianca Ojukwu As Miss Intercontinental In 1989 (Video) / IPOB Members Burn Passenger In Imo For Flouting Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.