Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (25855 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Keluong(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is the kind of mindset that only religious brainwashing can do.

-Studies show that atheists are actually more knowledgeable than theists/religious people when it comes to religious knowledge
-Studies show that secular countries are generally more peaceful than religious ones
-Studies show that christians are more likely to hold racist views than non-religious people
-Christians divorce more than atheist

People commit genocides despite believing in God. Morality is not a function of God or religion. People like you can not see facts before your own eyes. Atheists have no reason to do good, as you believe. Do you as a christian have any reason to do good? Afterall, your bible tells you to do evil.....slavery is accepted, subjugation of women in churches, murder/discrimination against gays.....all in the bible. Think before you talj
For a second thought. The idea of forgiveness and not judging our fellow man is even more ridiculous.
Christianity tells us not to judge. If not for the secular laws which ware under, people will be committing crimes because using the bible objectively, we have been told not to judge. So one can commit mass genocide, and go freeely, and lucky enough, while on the death bed, all you need to do is confess and give your life to christ, be born again. No purnishment for offences and another round of eternal happiness in heaven. So silly.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by twogood: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Atheists KNOW God exists. Some of them BELIEVE on their death beds.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

My Only Oga..
U too like to dey tackle me..
Shoo..

I said Hoeloshi not Oloshi..
It's a jokey slang..

Lol. OK o. If you say so
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Continued from Top..
Please scroll up a little.

A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?
Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God: “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” ( Romans 1:20).
People claim to reject God’s existence because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once they admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from Him ( Romans 3:23, 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable to Him for our actions. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. That is why many of those who deny the existence of God cling strongly to the theory of naturalistic evolution—it gives them an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.
How do we know God exists? As Christians, we know God exists because we speak to Him every day. We do not audibly hear Him speaking to us, but we sense His presence, we feel His leading, we know His love, we desire His grace. Things have occurred in our lives that have no possible explanation other than God. God has so miraculously saved us and changed our lives that we cannot help but acknowledge and praise His existence. None of these arguments can persuade anyone who refuses to acknowledge what is already obvious. In the end, God’s existence must be accepted by faith ( Hebrews 11:6). Faith in God is not a blind leap into the dark; it is safe step into a well-lit room where the vast majority of people are already standing

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by sarutobie(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists: “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” ( Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” ( John 20:29).
That does not mean, however, that there is no evidence of God’s existence. The Bible states, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” ( Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset—all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men.” Deep within us is the recognition that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and all around us is still obvious. Despite this, the Bible warns that some will still deny God’s existence: “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” ( Psalm 14:1). Since the vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God, there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.
In addition to the biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “a being than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.
A second argument is the teleological argument. The teleological argument states that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer. For example, if the Earth were significantly closer or farther away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, nearly every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243(that is a 1 followed by 243 zeros). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.
A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” cause is God.

They claim they are wise,that the intricate detailings of the solar system,the milky way the endless galaxies just came about of sheer luck and chance?? It was by sheer luck and chance that earth is the most habitable planet in our solar system,it is by sheer luck and chance that the sun's distance has not changed drastically which will lead to a complete anihilation of all life for millions of years??..luck and chance..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Keluong:
For a second thought. The idea of forgiveness and not judging our fellow man is even more ridiculous.
Christianity tells us not to judge. If not for the secular laws which ware under, people will be committing crimes because using the bible objectively, we have been told not to judge. So one can commit mass genocide, and go freeely, and lucky enough, while on the death bed, all you need to do is confess and give your life to christ, be born again. No purnishment for offences and another round of eternal happiness in heaven. So silly.

there are sins which cannot be forgiven at all..

When u ruthlessly kill somebody in ur right mind..

U urself go know say God no go fit forgive u..
Because the blood of the innocent will rise up from the ground n cry against u in Judgement..

Someone like Hitler praying for God to forgive am..

U forget that the devil will also com n state reasons why u shouldn't b forgiven..

Wen next u want to gbagaun think first..

Oloriboorookoo..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

The big bang isnt false. It is the besxt explanation scientists can come up with. It is just that any creation or universe origin theory will ever be complete....we just have the big bang as the most sensible one and the bible creationism as one of the most ridiculous ones

smh...your 'so called' logic is showing...
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ahn ahn
even imagine the moniker..

Logicboy..

More like Illogicbonobo..cheesy

atleast they av ur common ancestors..
Ur DNA n theirs is 97.5% Closer n Unique..
Which means ure relatives..

It explains ure logical level of reasoning..
cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

smh...your 'so called' logic is showing...

3 gbosaa for this sexymama..
Ayenty ure too much..

We reason alike sha..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
Woh
'm true here..
Sorry for d insults n bashings but i can't seat back n watch miscreants call my God a joke..

I'll fight for him even when the battle is His..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by pattycakeman: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
It will never cease to suprise me how many times poeple will have this debate. It will seem to me that atheists enjoy telling christians/muslims how stupid thier beliefs are and while christians/muslims love telling atheists how their soul will burn in hell if they dont believe in the existence of GOD. I think one common thing to all people whether they belive in a supreme being or not is that we have freedom to believe what we want and that freedom is yours alone. As a Christian i dont try to force my belief on atheists rather i tell them i respectfully disagree with thier contention that there is no GOD. i do this because if i were to step outside the box of my beliefs i could see why a rational mind would say there is no GOD. I believe that even GOD knows this and that is why he asks us to have faith, faith in something as unbelievable as the existense of a supreme being who sent his son to the world to die for our sins. That being said the only problem i have with atheists is the fact that they act like believing in creationism is so stupid (i believe someone on this thread already said that) without realizing that evolution is just as stupid (i mean they call it the theory of evolution). How can you expect me to believe your theory as to how all this things came to be when right after you tell me how, you attach a disclaimer that says "oh we dont know it all yet but this is our best guess" (The OP said this as well). Science is so incomplete because as we all know there are many things science cannot explain or reproduce. The theory of evolution has so many flaws i couldnt even begin to name them all, so in conclusion your beliefs are just as unbelievable as mine but it is your GOD given right (see what i did there lol) to believe whatever floats your boat. Peace

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
Dont force your religion and beliefs on anyone. At birth everyone automatically was given freewill to do whatever he pleases.

Atheism is wisdom whether anyone agrees with me or not.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

3 gbosaa for this sexymama..
Ayenty ure too much..

We reason alike sha..

grin grin grin

umm...that guy in your profile pic...you? or not? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by anselm791(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
I like these atheists, they are pretty intelligent and I like smart people, but after having my fun and laughs with them and logic, I still end up in church on sundays, cause honestly my life would be meaningless without religion(christianity), and that have to count for something, but please don't stop your arguments with the uptight religious people, its's a real comic relief for me. grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Kelvin4224: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
undecided
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

grin grin grin

umm...that guy in your profile pic...you? or not? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

me of course grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

me of course grin

um...I...um...well...I...um... shocked...just... shocked grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
I sometimes hate this smiley grin
som people com to Nairaland to claim Face Of Maclean..

When their teeth is not even close to white..

Say the truth n The truth will set u free..
So when we finally get to meet u so we can know if a gas mask n a tinted spectacle is appropriate
mmttcchew

someone like Anselm n Logicboy..

I can swear that their teeths are not white yet they keep using this smiley grin

when people like me that av pure white teeth use this cheesy

angry
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
With or without religion u will see good people doing good evil people doing evil, but for a good man to do evil, that takes religion
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Oluwaseytiano(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mr Troll: why do you guys always assume that if left alone, man will not be good? Maybe that is the doctrine you guys have been taught, the total depravity of man. For your info, there is also no obligation to do evil. Its a 2 way street.

all morality is relative. Theists just use special pleading.
you are still living with ur head in the sand
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

A link from a christian think tank disguised as scholarly?

The other is a random journal from a non-peer reviewed source

=========================================

You couldnt find proper scholarly work from accredited historians or researchers? huh?

Abeg, just accept that slavery of the worst kind was in the bible. Slaves were properties....I not talking of bondservants.....talking about slaves

So you wouldn't read it because it was written by a Christian scholar? Wow.

Also, slaves in OT were not seen as property but as humans. It's sad that you won't evil look at the evidence before making brash statements. In fact, the type of slavery (capture and sell) that was practiced in colonial America, the kind most people think of, was forbidden in the OT.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by unmask: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

The entire record of human history shows that the propensity for evil is greater than the propensity for good. You ever ask yourself why that is? Countless studies have shown that humans will naturally try to get away by cheating others if they know they can get away with it.

There's no obligation to not do evil.

"all morality is relative" - this is exactly the point. Under a certain set of circumstances, if you subscribe to an atheist mindset, you can justify anything.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

um...I...um...well...I...um... shocked...just... shocked grin grin

Thankz
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: I sometimes hate this smiley grin
som people com to Nairaland to claim Face Of Maclean..

When their teeth is not even close to white..

Say the truth n The truth will set u free..
So when we finally get to meet u so we can know if a gas mask n a tinted spectacle is appropriate
mmttcchew

someone like Anselm n Logicboy..

I can swear that their teeths are not white yet they keep using this smiley grin

when people like me that av pure white teeth use this cheesy

angry

There are no teeth in that pic. How do I know they are white. As for LB's teeth, what do I care if his teeth are white or not. I don't judge people by their appearance. I was commenting on your pic. That is a good looking guy. From this post, I have to wonder if the beauty is only skin deep.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Why do u use Is instead of do..
Most True atheists who make sense to an extent are Nobel Laureates or Harvard Graduates..
Who've burnt their brains black from over reading..
They also burnt out d part for common reasoning which explains the gross stupidity..

Plis o no fex..
Emabinu..
I just dey ask..
Which school u finish from abi ASUU still dey hold u captive

U dey Naija dey form awon nde ocha..
I pirry u..angry
E b like say e don tay wey better sickness hold u well well and ur mama run carry u go church..

No worry..
U go hear am..

Awon hoeloshi..

Everybody thinks they can wake up 1 morning n become Atheists..

God don suffer..

Kudos to you Brother- God Almighty have seen you have really tried to teach these 'fools' as the bible clearly states in proverbs chapter 10 vs 8 " The wise of heart will heed commandments but a prating FOOL will come to ruin"
even Verse 14 still calls 'em fools, " Wise men lay up knowledge, butthe babbling of a fool brings ruin near"

Proverbs 8 vs 1v says " I love those who love me, and those who seek me delligently find me"

If only atheist will open their hearts to Jesus, am sure by this night, they will testify that truly there is A Supernatural Force called God who created everything out of nothing that we all are enjoying and God even give us the free will to choose to worshop Him or Not- To me and ,y family, I Donald and my unborn children will always worship God whether i have seen him or not, By his Intellgent creation and perfect design, we are what we are today- May His name be Glorified

Have the atheist ask 'emselves where scienctist like Charles Darwin are today, Where is Newton today? Why didn't they discover something that will make man not to die? Why?
Are they not dead, many years ago?
- Who created a perfect timing for life and dead! The process of a child growing and later becomes old? The Answer is God.
Whether atheist believe it or not, all living things must die at the appointed time but where will you go to'Heaven or Hell- It's your choice to make not God, Perhaps if the atheist will still argue even till in their grave is a question for them.God will not force you to believe in Him..na na na- It is your exclusive preserve

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
@ OP if i have a pen on my hand showing it to an athiest and i say its a book definately he will say its a pen because for him to know dat he must know what a pen or a book is. For an athiest to believe that God doesnt exist he must know who God is. So to the athiest who is God ? B4 u can deny his existence

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: Woh
'm true here..
Sorry for d insults n bashings but i can't seat back n watch miscreants call my God a joke..

I'll fight for him even when the battle is His..

They aren't just calling him a joke, he is a joke.

Do me a favour, when next your phone spoils, pray to him to return it to its functional state.
texanomaly:

There are no teeth in that pic. How do I know they are white. As for LB's teeth, what do I care if his teeth are white or not. I don't judge people by their appearance. I was commenting on your pic. That is a good looking guy. From this post, I have to wonder if the beauty is only skin deep.

I assure u ma'am it goes beyond the Skin n into every Organ n every Crevice..
Atleast people are not complaining..
They love what they see..

Beauty Is in the eye of the beholder..
Every has d right to ponder n wonder..

But
idgaf what anybody thinks..
16) NEVER TELL AN ATHEIST THAT HE NEEDS JESUS.

That $hit is funny as f$%k. cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
When the missionaries came to africa, the had the bible and we had the land and the said let us pray and when we opened our eyes,we had the bible and the had the land-Desmond tutu
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sheykul Islam: @ OP if i have a pen on my hand showing it to an athiest and i say its a book definately he will say its a pen because for him to know dat he must know what a pen or a book is. For an athiest to believe that God doesnt exist he must know who God is. So to the athiest who is God ? B4 u can deny his existence

So kool
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

They aren't just calling him a joke, he is a joke.

Do me a favour, when next your phone spoils, pray to him to return it to its functional state.

It might b silly but it works..
Like when i mishandle my battery contact area..
I try it doesn't work take it to phone repairers 'm advised to get a new 1..
I won't give up..

I just say a little prayer n with a little faith i put it in n it works that is Proof of God...

No prayer is too small..
That's what my momma thought mean n even till now I'll never forget her words..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

World's Famous Freemasons / Apostle Suleman: Why I Won’t Take COVID-19 Vaccine / Armed Robbers Attacked Me! I Declared Myself A CHOSEN! They Left Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.