Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (25900 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
onetrack: If you wonder why there is so much insanity and misery in the world, look no further than the Bible:

"for the LORD your God, who lives among you, is a jealous God. His anger will flare up against you, and he will wipe you from the face of the earth."
Deuteronomy 6:15

"For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice." James 3:16

cool

U are living in the dark ages..
Open the New Testament properly n u'll see that God has nothing but love n keeps giving us a chance to change..

Have u n ur kind been wiped off d earth..
He's merciful..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ok but Its okay if I can tell you that God loves you right? because He does!! He loves you so much and he is still waiting for you and he will never give up on you no matter what.
Don't forget dear atheists.. Don't forget. Jesus says I love you still! He is waiting. kiss

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

all ur points av been countered n defeated..
Give it a rest..

Be an Atheist nobody knows..
Supposing u were Albert Einstein or Ben Carson..

Both great men believed in A Creator..
The Later is my Role model n a Christian..

Give it up n accept it once n for all..

Let that cloud of uncertainty..fear..disbelief..purposelessness..
Disappear..

Acknowledge..
The Lord Our God Created the Heavens & The Earth..
He's One..
He's True..
He's I Am..
He Is Alpha n Omega..
Exists outside our time..

He Is God...
I was once an active Atheist after reading all of Dan Brown's Novels..

But After sometime..
The same book of his that misguided many Brought me back to Christ..

Angels & Demons..

It depends on which way u see thing..

Even on my Sick bed..
My dying bed..
My dying day..
My last moment..

I'll forever acknowledge The Lord God Of Israel is True & One..
so how does God help u believers, u read to pass your exams same as i do, u work to eat same as i do, u fall sick same as i do and u will one day die same as i will?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by unmask: 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
atheist don't say they necessarily believe in evolution or big bang, they are only saying of the three big bang, evolution and creationism, the latter is the worst/unbelievable theory.......a lot has been said about the shortcomings of science, but a lot of what we enjoy today were also shortcomings so many years ago, or do you think it is a miracle that you all have phones now? Which surely wouldn't have been possible if scientist of old stuck with the bible, probably most of us would be holding fort somewhere .............That a lot of things cannot yet be explained by science does not mean it won't be....atleast there was a time when the world being a sphere was considered heretic by the church, that piece of information is already primary knowledge now...........like a scientist would say, questions and not answers create knowledge, there are a lot of questions still begging for answers an I am sure science will provide the answers before the sun uses up all it's fuel supply......if you guys can stick around for the next 1thousand years, I am sure you would be further enlightened
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: Is God willing to prevent
evil, but not able? Then he
is not omnipotent. Is he
able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent. Is
he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor
willing? Then why call
him God?-epicurus /freud

*rolls eyes*

Here we go again....

Here is my response to that...

https://www.nairaland.com/1328270/god-does-not-allow-things#16305388

Now you come back with the same response I hear every time this debate comes up. Then someone else chimes in with another 'canned' response....and the cycle begins again.

There has got to be a better way.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

This is a false statement. Jewish history predates the Greek. Please point to where the Jews became exposed to Hellenistic philosophies. Was it the Greek concept of monotheism that the Jews took from them?

Which Christian values were taken from Hellenistic philosophy?

History is not the same as a philosophical view of the world and god. Sure Jewish history predates that of the Hellenistic world, but a fair amount of Greek philosophy entered Jewish thinking beginning with Philo of Alexandria and continuing on up to the 10th century when Greek philosophy began to be studied again in the Arab-Persian world. But no, the Greeks were definitely not monotheists.

For the Hellenstic influences in Christianity, a look at this page might shed some light on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_philosophy_and_Christianity
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma:
so how does God help u believers, u read to pass your exams same as i do, u work to eat same as i do, u fall sick same as i do and u will one day die same as i will?

I Ask & He gives Unto me..
I Seek & I find..
I Knock & He opens the Windows of Heaven..

His Word is Yes & Amen..
He's my Father who cannot give me stone when i ask for bread..

I am better n different from u cos his thoughts for me
are Of Good & Not of Evil to give me an Expected End..

He's made the Apple of his eyes..
Hid me in the hollow of his Palm where no one can pluck..

Above all his name is A strong tower i run into n 'm saved..

N I am blessed because 've not seen yet 've believed..

All he asks is The Goodness of our heart..Faith..n worship him in spirit n in truth..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:

*rolls eyes*

Here we go again....

Here is my response to that...

https://www.nairaland.com/1328270/god-does-not-allow-things#16305388

Now you come back with the same response I hear every time this debate comes up. Then someone else chimes in with another 'canned' response....and the cycle begins again.

There has got to be a better way.

Well then if your god allows us the free will to do great evil (for example kill a child in cold blood), then he is not good. He is something else. If he allows a super-powerful creature like 'satan' to exist and tempt people then he is probably on the side of evil.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I Ask & He gives Unto me..
I Seek & I find..
I Knock & He opens the Windows of Heaven..

His Word is Yes & Amen..
He's my Father who cannot give me stone when i ask for bread..

I am better n different from u cos his thoughts for me
are Of Good & Not of Evil to give me an Expected End..

He's made the Apple of his eyes..
Hid me in the hollow of his Palm where no one can pluck..

Above all his name is A strong tower i run into n 'm saved..

N I am blessed because 've not seen yet 've believed..

All he asks is The Goodness of our heart..Faith..n worship him in spirit n in truth..

Since you ask and he answers, help us ask him for the cure of HIV. You might win yourself a nobel prize cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by king94(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
JustifiedChild: Ok but Its okay if I can tell you that God loves you right? because He does!! He loves you so much and he is still waiting for you and he will never give up on you no matter what.
Don't forget dear atheists.. Don't forget. Jesus says I love you still! He is waiting. kiss
I love this comment. She respects odas opinion evn though she doesn't agree with it. This simple post can melt some minds rather than the fire and brimstone that have been threatened in some oda posts.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Since you ask and he answers, help us ask him for the cure of HIV. You might win yourself a nobel prize cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
unmask: atheist don't say they necessarily believe in evolution or big bang, they are only saying of the three big bang, evolution and creationism, the latter is the worst/unbelievable theory.......a lot has been said about the shortcomings of science, but a lot of what we enjoy today were also shortcomings so many years ago, or do you think it is a miracle that you all have phones now? Which surely wouldn't have been possible if scientist of old stuck with the bible, probably most of us would be holding fort somewhere .............That a lot of things cannot yet be explained by science does not mean it won't be....atleast there was a time when the world being a sphere was considered heretic by the church, that piece of information is already primary knowledge now...........like a scientist would say, questions and not answers create knowledge, there are a lot of questions still begging for answers an I am sure science will provide the answers before the sun uses up all it's fuel supply......if you guys can stick around for the next 1thousand years, I am sure you would be further enlightened

please dis is a closed chapter don't pull us back..
We've survived 2000 years where we were been fed to Lions choi beautiful Virgins who refused to renounce Christ fed to wolves..Hundreds broken on Catherines wheels who was also broken on a first wheel of that sort for d same reasons..thousands burnt at the stake..drowned..

Now we are free don't u think we can survive more..

N Please the Sun has a few more billion years before it expands to where our earth is now n depletes it's Hydrogen reserves n starts burning on Helium a more costly n not too efficient fuel then it discards it's outer layers n becomes a white dwarf..

We know all that..

We're only lucky our Sun is a Medium sized star n not a giant if not probably by now our beautiful milky galaxy would have ended in a bright Supernova..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
onetrack:

History is not the same as a philosophical view of the world and god. Sure Jewish history predates that of the Hellenistic world, but a fair amount of Greek philosophy entered Jewish thinking beginning with Philo of Alexandria and continuing on up to the 10th century when Greek philosophy began to be studied again in the Arab-Persian world. But no, the Greeks were definitely not monotheists.

For the Hellenstic influences in Christianity, a look at this page might shed some light on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_philosophy_and_Christianity

The content of that page is stating that some of the Christian fathers used Greek philosophical thinking to make their own philosophical arguments about the Judeo-Christian God. Again, this has nothing to do with Judeo-Christian values/ethics. There are no Hellenistic influences on Judeo-Christian values/ethic. Those were already well defined before the Greeks came on the scene.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Diseases would always ravage the earth..
When the Black Death ravaged Europe n Asia wiping out a 3rd of the earth's populace..
Who ever thought it would go..
Soon HIV would exist only in books n cannisters..

No wonder it was called d dark ages cause Christians really saw hell..
Yet we survived from an entire world population of 450million now we have 2billion+ Christians..

Isn't the Lord marvelous..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

When the Black Death ravaged Europe n Asia wiping out a 3rd of the earth's populace..

Yet we survived from an entire world population of 450million now we have 2billion+ Christians..

You are a joke just like your God. You claimed he answers you when you ask. I asked you to ask him for the cure for HIV and then

The boring epistle begun.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Soon HIV would exist only in books n cannisters..

those guys were right when they said that religion does three things effectively, divide people, confuse people and delude people, u are a living example

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
@RationalMind..
Biko u won't kill me..
Please drink Sniper..

Na me be to ask..
've asked n he said A Cure is coming soon..before 10years time..

Between newly acquired abi infected HIV is quite curable..
But not cheap..

If ure infected..
Take ur drugs..
N wait angry

if u can't stop taking ur drugs or drink rat poison..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
aManFromMars:

Agreed. Though you'd be making a mistake if you'd identify loving your neighbor, caring for the sick and lowly as 'Christian' morals. Truth is they aren't. Atheists, despite their lack of belief, understand the value of these roles in creating a peaceful society.

On the other hand, what would you say about Christians who have no respect for these values? Nigerian Pentecostalism has created a new brand of Christians that are easily provoked by opposing voices, and care little for that which concerns society. It greatly undermines the role a Christian should play in building a society rather it perpetuates a 'if God be for me, who can be against me' mentality that only breeds selfishness and contempt for those who do not see things their way. It also substitutes hard work for prayer and basically renders most incapable of sound reasoning. When you live in a society such as this as an atheist, it's hard to be apathetic and ignore the bs that occurs daily in the name of religion.

Once again...pic and chose the parts that give you a supposed advantage. You conveniently left this part out when you quoted me...
texanomaly:
Some may choose to disregard what they have been taught, but it is there none the less.
People who act and believe the way you described are not true Christians.

aManFromMars:
Not sure I quite get you here.
Yeah. I figured.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: those guys were right when they said that religion does three things effectively, divide people, confuse people and delude people, u are a living example

Ogbeni gbenu soun..
U nor dey tire..

Please let me rest..

What happened to the ladies.....Viewing this topic: Meklex(m), Ocutegan(m), mekatroniks, Zoest(m), yawkusi, king94(m), denniece1(m), niyo_zanl(m), iconoclast(m), itop21, NativeBoy, Parrotpal(m), socreations(m), Glan, Nigellus_Hosan(m), ebamma(m), rationalmind(m), willchild(m), $hady¤J, Javanian, stepo707(m), lilbabyak, teblu(m) and 36 guest(s)
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: Is God willing to prevent
evil, but not able? Then he
is not omnipotent. Is he
able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent. Is
he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor
willing? Then why call
him God?-epicurus /freud

Imagine what this one is babling about-couldn't even comprehend what he said.. Keep deluding yourself instead of seeking help..ride on, no be you qet mouth to talk, ride on
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: @RationalMind..
Biko u won't kill me..
Please drink Sniper..

Na me be to ask..
've asked n he said A Cure is coming soon..before 10years time..

Between newly acquired abi infected HIV is quite curable..
But not cheap..

If ure infected..
Take ur drugs..
N wait angry

if u can't stop taking ur drugs or drink rat poison..

cheesy cheesy God must be proud of you
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Quatermaine: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Op, I am coming for you and all other atheist on this thread..

I will refute you on some points and agree with you on others.

I need to attend THE OVERFLOW!!!
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nna ehn..
My hand dey pain me o..
Chai Olohun..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

The content of that page is stating that some of the Christian fathers used Greek philosophical thinking to make their own philosophical arguments about the Judeo-Christian God. Again, this has nothing to do with Judeo-Christian values/ethics. There are no Hellenistic influences on Judeo-Christian values/ethic. Those were already well defined before the Greeks came on the scene.

Then you didn't read the link I sent. The Judeo-Christian values were defined at a time when Hellenistic philosophy was the dominant viewpoint of that part of the world. These people did not live in complete isolation of what was around them. There is a significant influence of Hellenistic philosophy on Christianity. Even the idea of the Trinity itself is probably no more than an imitation of the Greek mystery cults that were flourishing at the time of Jesus.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

cheesy cheesy God must be proud of you

yes o
'm is belof shide in whom he is well plis
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

yes o
'm is belof shide in whom he is well plis

Yess ooo. You insult just like him. The only difference is, he only insults peoples intelligence cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Goodnight..
To the xtians on this thread may the Lord watch O'er us..

Eri ama se olorun ni Jarogun Ekun
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:
People who act and believe the way you described are not true Christians.
Actually, I did that on purpose. I just needed to hear you say this. grin

NB: you never got back to me on that modified post. still confused as to what went wrong there. angry
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by castielo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: Woh
'm true here..
Sorry for d insults n bashings but i can't seat back n watch miscreants call my God a joke..

I'll fight for him even when the battle is His..

You're doinq just the right thing bro.. wud av done same buh diz clowns got me so vexed i had to ignore and let them glory in their folly

Obviously sending this morons to school with hope of developing better humans ain't playing out well.

I have been careful to observe that this guys thrive on 'arguments' ..ignore them and you av won! The book of proverbs said something about giving a fool advice, he will hate you for it. Teaching a fool wisdom is like setting valuables before a swine.

Go read the book of proverbs you'll find out u shudn't be arguing wit these guys or better still learn from Paul and our Lord Jesus.. wen pilate asked him "Are you the messiah?", he knew wat purpose he had to fulfill so didnt waste time to argue wit him or try to convince him. Not everyone can be saved.. If you they don't believe God exist how will they even believe he had a son who died for their sins?

]"A fool says in his heart, there is no God".

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
castielo:

You're doinq just the right thing bro.. wud av done same buh diz clowns got me so vexed i didnt know what to say to them

Obviously sending this morons to school with hope of developing better humans ain't playing out well

I have been careful to observe that this guys thrive on 'arguments' ..ignore them and you av won! The book of proverbs said something about giving a fool advice, he will hate you for it. Teaching a fool wisdom is like setting valuables before a swine

Go read the book of proverbs you'll find out u shudn't be arguing wit these guys or better still learn from Paul and our Lord Jesus.. wen pilate asked him "Are you the messiah?", he knew wat purpose he had to fulfill so didnt waste time to argue wit him or try to convince him.

[color=#990000]"A fool says in his heart, there is no God".[/b] ..these ones are greater than fools undecided

[b]You're doinq just the right thing bro.. wud av done same buh diz clowns got me so vexed i had to ignore and let them glory in their folly

Obviously sending this morons to school with hope of developing better humans ain't playing out well.

I have been careful to observe that this guys thrive on 'arguments' ..ignore them and you av won! The book of proverbs said something about giving a fool advice, he will hate you for it. Teaching a fool wisdom is like setting valuables before a swine.

Go read the book of proverbs you'll find out u shudn't be arguing wit these guys or better still learn from Paul and our Lord Jesus.. wen pilate asked him "Are you the messiah?", he knew wat purpose he had to fulfill so didnt waste time to argue wit him or try to convince him. Not everyone can be saved.. If you they don't believe God exist how will they even believe he had a son who died for their sins?

[color=#990000]]"A fool says in his heart, there is no God".

Godbless ur heart kind sir...
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
Actually, I did that on purpose. I just needed to hear you say this. grin

NB: you never got back to me on that modified post. still confused as to what went wrong there. angry

grin grin no true scotsman fallacy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
grin grin some people are really butthurt here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

World's Famous Freemasons / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle" / Cleric Meets Man Above 130 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.