Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (25899 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Enjoyment1(f): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
May GOD have mercy on all Aetheists. Its just another avenue to distract people from the Gospel of Christ...
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
moderatorr: Education teaches us the laws of probability and chance. its just impossible to believe that someone can look at 7 billion homo sapiens alive on earth today and call it 'chance'.
"Even the hairs on your head are counted" - Bible
if you dont believe in God, its your problem. God is not affected.

Natural selection is the opposite of chance.
I'm sure that you werent taught this at the seminary

Carry on with your ignorance.......

oh and by the way, God is affected by my disbelief- he gets agitated and angry then promises to throw me in hell for not bowing down to him. Megalomaniac!!! grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Who calls it chance?

What do atheists n darwinists call it ?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Enjoyment1: May GOD have mercy on all Aetheists. Its just another avenue to distract people from the Gospel of Christ...

Oh, because YOUR religion is the ONLY RELIGION.......

Why is atheism not an avenue to distract people from the message of Allah?

Why is atheism not an avenue to distract people from the message of Buddha?

Why is atheism not an avenue to distract people from the message of Zeus?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Natural selection is the opposite of chance.
I'm sure that you werent taught this at the seminary

Carry on with your ignorance.......

oh and by the way, God is affected by my disbelief- he gets agitated and angry then promises to throw me in hell for not bowing down to him. Megalomaniac!!! grin grin

he should if he wants he created u from dust n Ash..
#CarbonBasedLifeForm...
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

he should if he wants he created u from dust n Ash..
#CarbonBasedLifeForm...

Its truly funny how
-on one hand, God is a marvelous creator
-on the other, he chooses to use primitive tools like stone tablets to write on and chariots for movement

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Since the beginning of time we Blacks generally loved blaming someone else for our misfortune, and there came religion, we didn't have to find someone else to blame no more satan was always available.

5 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: Since the beginning of time we Blacks generally loved blaming someone else for our misfortune, and there came religion, we didn't have to find someone else to blame no more satan was always available.

Religious people, please think about the truth in this comment!
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

What do atheists n darwinists call it ?

NATURAL SELECTION
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Riclord001(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lolz. Do u rili think dat without Religion we‘ll have a perfect society? Den, u, bein a microcosm of a society(without ur religions) must be perfect.
God has nothin to lose by not bein worshipped.
Man has nothin to lose by bein moral/godly.
Atheism is just an xcuse for d lapses one can‘t make up for religiously.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its truly funny how
-on the other, he chooses to use primitive tools like stone tablets to write on and chariots for movement

No he should have Used Ipads n Androids..

Then he should av use Limousines for Locomotion..

God is a Person too..
He has sense which u should av since u were created in his image but d devil has eaten urs..

Like cars did not com out from Chariots..

He follows d trend..
He doesn't jump..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its truly funny how

grin grin grin

When he could use tablets, ipads, laptops and move with a jet
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

No he should have Used Ipads n Androids..

Then he should av use Limousines for Locomotion..

God is a Person too..
He has sense which u should av since u were created in his image but d devil has eaten urs..

Like cars did not com out from Chariots..

He follows d trend..
He doesn't jump..

Good. I like your honesty. Now that uve conceeded God is a person too,
Tell God to open a nairaland acount and convince us once and for all. cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
atheists thread on front page?
*wipes eyes with acid* shocked
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: Since the beginning of time we Blacks generally loved blaming someone else for our misfortune, and there came religion, we didn't have to find someone else to blame no more satan was always available.

Why not..
The devil has hear am..
Even when he's only partially guilty..

He's d one that pushed LB to open this thread..
He's d one that makes an Employee still huge sums from his place of work betraying trust..
He's d one that makes someone lust n leads to raping..
He's d one that says wipe out all jews from d face of the earth..
How can they b God's chosen ones..

Just do it only take small..nobody would notice..
Ure not d only one..

There're more people like u..
Just do it..

Why shouldn't we blame him..
He's d badside in our minds..
D dark side.

Don't u find it funny that after praying n asking God to com dwell in you again..

His lodge in ur mind is vacant..
Then 30 minutes later in comes back again slowly in a different guise..

Please d devil is very guilty..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by PrettySpicey(f): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Such prideful reasoning.
Anyhoo, thanks for the info, but you know claiming to be an atheist in a world where religion thrives is like repeating emphatically that you are hungry when people are at d dining table. It just says: 'feed me plz, I need food for my soul'.
Give it a rest brother. Atheism is a result of Pride, Fear and/or Anger.
Enjoy ur state of oblivion, it won't stop or change anything.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Tell God to open a nairaland acount and convince us once and for all. cheesy cheesy
lol, the lord works in mysterious ways bro, u never can tell maybe he already has a nairaland account which only a few anointed ones know about
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Why should he..
When he's using me n Other Christians like Olaadegbu..

God is not material but he flows in d trend..

God nor dey twitter but 4.5billion people dey follow am..

Please my God is just too much..

Go n schop shiit n die if u won't believe it.. cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: lol, the lord works in mysterious ways bro, u never can tell maybe he already has a nairaland account which only a few anointed ones know about

grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
PrettySpicey: Such prideful reasoning.
Anyhoo, thanks for the info, but you know claiming to be an atheist in a world where religion thrives is like repeating emphatically that you are hungry when people are at d dining table. It just says: 'feed me plz, I need food for my soul'.
Give it a rest brother. Atheism is a result of Pride, Fear and/or Anger.
Enjoy ur state of oblivion, it won't stop or change anything.
calm down girl, me who beliefs in what i see and u who beliefs in what she doesn't see, who is the oblivious one?,

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Before i stop arguing with the so-called unbelievers, here is the last bullet-take it or leave it

" Evidence of the Bible's Authenticity can be seen here"
first off, the Bible are as valid today as they always been.when we are willing to look at the matter objectively rather than be swayed by our preconceived ideas,we find that any objections can be overcome in a reasonable manner.The answers atheist are looking for are there, if only they willing to search for 'em delligently but if you can't, be humble and ask God if truly you are, please open my eyes. Jesus said, " Keep on seeking, and you will find." Matthew 7:7, Acts 17:11
It should be noted that down the ages, probably No other book has been unjustly criticized,abused,hated, attacked than the bible. Yet, It has survived all of that and turned out to be the most widely translated and circulated book-But there is abundant proof,convincing eveidence,that the bible is a book inspired of God and worthy of our belief- even though many people have more or less assumed that the bible is unscientific,contradictory,out-of-date,the facts still show otherwise.It's unique authorship,its unerring prophesies all point to one inevitable conclusion;The Bible-

Now, lets role a little okay,
-Talking about Scientific accuracy; like the laws on quarantine and hygiene were given to the Israelites in the book of Leviticus when the surrounding nations knew nothing about such practices.The cycle of rain and evaporation from the ocean,Unknown in an ancient times, is described at Ecclesiastes 1 :7 " That the earth is spherical and suspended in space, NOT CONFIRMED BY SCIENCE until the 16th century, is stated at Isaiah 40:22 which says and i quote "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain"
-And Job 26:7 says He stretches out the north over the void,and Hangs the earth upon nothing"

Now can you see now,*talking to @atheist people, please pay absolute rapt attention to what am writing here
ALSO, MORE THAN 2200 Yrs before William Harvey published his findings about the circulation of blood, Proverbs 4;23 pointed out the role of the human heart which says " KEEP YOUR HEART WITH ALL VIGILLANCE; FOR FROM IT FLOW THE SPRINGS OF LIFE"
now, Nobody can explain where do these blood come from? Or does anybody in the world knows that if Not only by a Divine supernatural being 'GOD" even me, i don't know how bllod take enter our body but i know it is done by a perfect Creator, God

May i remind you the atheist that,the bible is not a science textbook,where it concerns matters relating to science.it displays a depth of understanding far in advance of its time"

lemme answer the question why natural things like earthquake happens, Casting your mind back earlier, God appointed a time for all living things walking under this earth to live and to die, all these things must come to pass, as we all know, both the righteous and the unrighteous,all of them shall die at any time so that the word of God shall come to pass.Just like animals die, same must be applicable to us, moses was a righteous man, yet He died- David was not perfect but he was a man after God's heart, He acknowledges his weakness and yet God forgives and still he must die so he can meet God in heaven

same as all scientist, all of 'em must die, the president,poor or rich, all must die whethr we all like it or not..All these things must come to pass so that we shall live everlasting life In heaven,
i rest my case:make i qo switch on Generator abeg

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
I take it none of u atheists guyz av Listened to..

Hillsong's Lead me To the cross..

I know Atheists are very Inquisitive i once was but my Life has a purpose..

Just google it..
Download it..
Listen to the lyrics..
D devil would try to discourage u..
But for once just believe somtin..

Or u could add PM me so i could send d Video to u..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Why should he..
When he's using me n Other Christians like Olaadegbu..

God is not material but he flows in d trend..

God nor dey twitter but 4.5billion people dey follow am..

Please my God is just too much..

Go n schop shiit n die if u won't believe it.. cheesy

He is not material but can use stone tablets and chariots yet can't use nairaland.

cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
When u are born, your parents thank God
And when u die, your parents curse satan, isn't the man who is responsible or is claimed to be responsible for bringing u into this world supposed to be held responsible for taking u out of it?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes: Before i stop arguing with the so-called unbelievers, here is the last bullet-take it or leave it

" Evidence of the Bible's Authenticity can be seen here"
first off, the Bible are as valid today as they always been.when we are willing to look at the matter objectively rather than be swayed by our preconceived ideas,we find that any objections can be overcome in a reasonable manner.The answers atheist are looking for are there, if only they willing to search for 'em delligently but if you can't, be humble and ask God if truly you are, please open my eyes. Jesus said, " Keep on seeking, and you will find." Matthew 7:7, Acts 17:11
It should be noted that down the ages, probably No other book has been unjustly criticized,abused,hated, attacked than the bible. Yet, It has survived all of that and turned out to be the most widely translated and circulated book-But there is abundant proof,convincing eveidence,that the bible is a book inspired of God and worthy of our belief- even though many people have more or less assumed that the bible is unscientific,contradictory,out-of-date,the facts still show otherwise.It's unique authorship,its unerring prophesies all point to one inevitable conclusion;The Bible-

Now, lets role a little okay,
-Talking about Scientific accuracy; like the laws on quarantine and hygiene were given to the Israelites in the book of Leviticus when the surrounding nations knew nothing about such practices.The cycle of rain and evaporation from the ocean,Unknown in an ancient times, is described at Ecclesiastes 1 :7 " That the earth is spherical and suspended in space, NOT CONFIRMED BY SCIENCE until the 16th century, is stated at Isaiah 40:22 which says and i quote "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain"
-And Job 26:7 says He stretches out the north over the void,and Hangs the earth upon nothing"

Now can you see now,*talking to @atheist people, please pay absolute rapt attention to what am writing here
ALSO, MORE THAN 2200 Yrs before William Harvey published his findings about the circulation of blood, Proverbs 4;23 pointed out the role of the human heart which says " KEEP YOUR HEART WITH ALL VIGILLANCE; FOR FROM IT FLOW THE SPRINGS OF LIFE"
now, Nobody can explain where do these blood come from? Or does anybody in the world knows that if Not only by a Divine supernatural being 'GOD" even me, i don't know how bllod take enter our body but i know it is done by a perfect Creator, God

May i remind you the atheist that,the bible is not a science textbook,where it concerns matters relating to science.it displays a depth of understanding far in advance of its time"

lemme answer the question why natural things like earthquake happens, Casting your mind back earlier, God appointed a time for all living things walking under this earth to live and to die, all these things must come to pass, as we all know, both the righteous and the unrighteous,all of them shall die at any time so that the word of God shall come to pass.Just like animals die, same must be applicable to us, moses was a righteous man, yet He died- David was not perfect but he was a man after God's heart, He acknowledges his weakness and yet God forgives and still he must die so he can meet God in heaven

same as all scientist, all of 'em must die, the president,poor or rich, all must die whethr we all like it or not..All these things must come to pass so that we shall live everlasting life In heaven,
i rest my case:make i qo switch on Generator abeg

please don't make me cry already..

I acknowledge The Lord Is One..The Lord Is True
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
onetrack:

Christian values and, to a lesser extent, Jewish values are themselves largely based on pagan Hellenistic philosophies such as the Stoics, as well as the thinking of Plato. Judaism and Christianity are not exclusively the beginning of 'modern' moral values.

If you will read my statement and the post I was referring to, you will realize I was talking strictly about the atheists raised in a Christian home. I was referring to the fact that their value systems were created as children, and can not be uninstalled. So to speak. Some may choose to disregard what they have been taught, but it is there none the less. You can't claim that you would have had good moral character despite your upbringing, if it is all you know. No amount of study and history can negate those core values. They will always be there. All I am saying is that a child's upbringing is undoubtedly the foundation for the building of his character. In the case of the atheist raised as a Christian, he has a moral center established by those parameters. I am not here to debate where or when Christianity came about.

Something else I find interesting is the fact that atheist condemn superstition, witchcraft and the existence of any God(s), Yet they are not opposed to using them, when they feel it gives them an advantage.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Is God willing to prevent
evil, but not able? Then he
is not omnipotent. Is he
able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent. Is
he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor
willing? Then why call
him God?-epicurus /freud
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
If you wonder why there is so much insanity and misery in the world, look no further than the Bible:

"for the LORD your God, who lives among you, is a jealous God. His anger will flare up against you, and he will wipe you from the face of the earth."
Deuteronomy 6:15

"For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice." James 3:16

cool
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: When u are born, your parents thank God
And when u die, your parents curse satan, isn't the man who is responsible or is claimed to be responsible for bringing u into this world supposed to be held responsible for taking u out of it?

all ur points av been countered n defeated..
Give it a rest..

Be an Atheist nobody knows you..
Supposing u were Albert Einstein or Ben Carson..

Both great men believed in A Creator..
The Later is my Role model n a Christian..

Give it up n accept it once n for all..

Let that cloud of uncertainty..fear..disbelief..purposelessness..
Disappear..

Acknowledge..
The Lord Our God Created the Heavens & The Earth..
He's One..
He's True..
He's I Am..
He Is Alpha n Omega..
Exists outside our time..

He Is God...
I was once an active Atheist after reading all of Dan Brown's Novels..

But After sometime..
The same book of his that misguided many Brought me back to Christ..

Angels & Demons..

It depends on which way u see thing..

Even on my Sick bed..
My dying bed..
My dying day..
My last moment..

I'll forever acknowledge The Lord God Of Israel is True & One..

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
onetrack:

Christian values and, to a lesser extent, Jewish values are themselves largely based on pagan Hellenistic philosophies such as the Stoics, as well as the thinking of Plato. Judaism and Christianity are not exclusively the beginning of 'modern' moral values.

This is a false statement. Jewish history predates the Greek. Please point to where the Jews became exposed to Hellenistic philosophies. Was it the Greek concept of monotheism that the Jews took from them?

Which Christian values were taken from Hellenistic philosophy?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
texanomaly:
They will always be there. All I am saying is that a child's upbringing is undoubtedly the foundation for the building of his character. In the case of the atheist raised as a Christian, he has a moral center established by those parameters. I am not here to debate where or when Christianity came about.

Agreed. Though you'd be making a mistake if you'd identify loving your neighbor, caring for the sick and lowly as 'Christian' morals. Truth is they aren't. Atheists, despite their lack of belief, understand the value of these roles in creating a peaceful society.

On the other hand, what would you say about Christians who have no respect for these values? Nigerian Pentecostalism has created a new brand of Christians that are easily provoked by opposing voices, and care little for that which concerns society. It greatly undermines the role a Christian should play in building a society rather it perpetuates a 'if God be for me, who can be against me' mentality that only breeds selfishness and contempt for those who do not see things their way. It also substitutes hard work for prayer and basically renders most incapable of sound reasoning. When you live in a society such as this as an atheist, it's hard to be apathetic and ignore the bs that occurs daily in the name of religion.

texanomaly:
Something else I find interesting is the fact that atheist condemn superstition, witchcraft and the existence of any God(s), Yet they are not opposed to using them, when they feel it gives them an advantage.
Not sure I quite get you here.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

please don't make me cry already..

I acknowledge The Lord Is One..The Lord Is True

Yes oh! I know,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

World's Famous Freemasons / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle" / Cleric Meets Man Above 130 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.