Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? (11296 Views)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Tyche(m): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
He will change

To a wife beater
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by andyanders: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
sapien: I decided to post this topic here because I know I'll get mature responses.
I have a high school 'girlfriend' who is engaged and about getting married to her fiance of a year and half in a couple of months, precisely April, next year. She is 25 years old. The problem, however, is that the guy hits and slaps her at the slightest provocation and she is really getting worked up and pondering on calling off the wedding. Though, she says the guy is generous and highly caring but his bad temper is the only turn-off in him. She really loves him. She also doesn't have the guts to tell her parents about the constant slapping and hitting from the guy as it is apparent that they will support calling off the marriage. Her aunt, however, is encouraging her to go into the marriage since the guy is caring and generous. The aunt says the guy might change after the wedding, especially if the lady(my friend) can get pregnant as early as possible. Moreso, they have spent a whole lot of money on the wedding preparation and other miscellaneous. Please, Family section married folks, what advise should I give her? Does she call off the wedding or go ahead and marry the guy with the hope that he'll change? Would a fiancee beater not turn to a wife beater at the end of the day?

History has it that no woman beater changes with time rather, end up killing his partner and ending up in jail. Love is not when you shower someone with wealth of substance but when one takes his partner as himself.
The act of having to have such an anger issue can only be removed through deliverance if the man is a Christian willing to undergo such because anger is a demonic issue. If he is not a Christian, let him seek marriage counselor if that can work for them. Going into that marriage with the above issues you have raised, we expect that you will be coming back here for your friend's obituary if you let her get into the marriage.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Malachy27: 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
after googling d issue....

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by mrperfect(m): 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
There is possibility he would change, but the chances are narrow.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Aspetta(f): 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
I doubt it. It can only get worse because the oppressor would have the oppressed close at hand. Except by divine intervention...,no.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
ITbomb:
Call off the wedding and wait for all these jobless boys to get job ? NEVER!!!

Girl go ahead, love is kind and forgiving, endure the beatings at least for the sake of ur unborn children, abi u no wan ur child to go to the best school?
Any beating that may result in injuries will be promptly treated by the best hospitals or you will be flown abroad.

If you no marry this guy, remember how house dey?
Omo I'd rather dey house than get maimed by one maniac in the name of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
I don't know why people equate financial generosity with being caring.

Please abeg. They are two different things entirely. Can you call a rich man who lavishes money on a lady but has done juju to take her womb, destiny, etc away from her "caring"

Please money is just one of the ways of showing that you care. A man who cares about a woman does not even want to see her hurt, not to talk of being the cause of her pain!

Ladies get that into your skulls!

9 Likes

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by bukkylicious: 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
undecidedOnce Ą̸̸̸ beater, always Ą̸̸̸ beater. He can NEVER change. Ą̸̸̸ broken relationship Iڪ better than Ą̸̸̸ broken head.......[color=#990000][/color]. Caring Ãήϑ generous ♍Ɣ foot kiss kiss
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by emekaxy: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yes, he can change.
If only he seees a woman that can handle him and let d reverse be d case, else Nwa baby you are on a looooooooooooooong thing.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Misbee(f): 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Change my foot,i just hope her case would not be like Arowolo.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by andyanders: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sweetlemon: I don't know why people equate financial generosity with being caring.

Please abeg. They are two different things entirely. Can you call a rich man who lavishes money on a lady but has done juju to take her womb, destiny, etc away from her "caring"

Please money is just one of the ways of showing that you care. A man who cares about a woman does not even want to see her hurt, not to talk of being the cause of her pain!

Sweetlemon, well spoken. Money can only buy debt and not love because the person will be imprisoned to the wealth to her own detriment. How can a man be caring by giving money and at this same time kicking and beating same person and too, planning a wedding? At the end, he will sacrifice the same lady for selfish reasons. I still put it that love is not blind in this computer age. Shine your eyes ladies.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Chinyeresandra(f): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
I know dat ur friend wont call off the wedding but ds is my verdict:The guy wont change and it would take nothing short of a miracle if the guy doesnt condemn her body due 2 beatings and battery.My take tho.....

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yes he can change to a wife killer.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
yes of course

he can change into a wife beater
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by curtain: 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Never! Beating of women is demonic and requires deliverance. This is mostly caused by dating satanic girls that can force you to beat them, ones you have started with them your mom can even become a victim. My only advice is that you part ways with any girl that lured you into women-beating and go for deliverance before getting a wife........ A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE!!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by farolee(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
sapien: I decided to post this topic here because I know I'll get mature responses.
I have a high school 'girlfriend' who is engaged and about getting married to her fiance of a year and half in a couple of months, precisely April, next year. She is 25 years old. The problem, however, is that the guy hits and slaps her at the slightest provocation and she is really getting worked up and pondering on calling off the wedding. Though, she says the guy is generous and highly caring but his bad temper is the only turn-off in him. She really loves him. She also doesn't have the guts to tell her parents about the constant slapping and hitting from the guy as it is apparent that they will support calling off the marriage. Her aunt, however, is encouraging her to go into the marriage since the guy is[b] caring and generous[/b]
[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. The aunt says the guy might change after the wedding, especially if the lady(my friend) can get pregnant as early as possible. Moreso, they have spent a whole lot of money on the wedding preparation and other miscellaneous. Please, Family section married folks, what advise should I give her? Does she call off the wedding or go ahead and marry the guy with the hope that he'll change? Would a fiancee beater not turn to a wife beater at the end of the day?

Run and run for your dear life.That your aunty is giving you wrong advice cos of what she is getting from the caring and generous man.That guy must be very very arrogant person.If you rush in you will rush out.Generosity, might not be true test for true love, there are other factors to be considered.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by curtain: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Never! Beating of women is demonic and requires deliverance except if you are short-tempered which also requires deliverance. This is mostly caused by dating satanic girls that can force you into beating them, ones you have started with them, the spirit sticks and your mom can even become a victim. My only advice is that you part ways with any girl that lured you into women-beating and go for deliverance before getting a wife........ A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE!!!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
andyanders:

Sweetlemon, well spoken. Money can only buy debt and not love because the person will be imprisoned to the wealth to her own detriment. How can a man be caring by giving money and at this same time kicking and beating same person and too, planning a wedding? At the end, he will sacrifice the same lady for selfish reasons. I still put it that love is not blind in this computer age. Shine your eyes ladies.

Exactly! See me see trouble o!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by curtain: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Never! Beating of women is demonic and requires deliverance except if you are short-tempered which also requires deliverance. This is mostly caused by dating satanic girls that can force you into beating them, ones you have started with them, the spirit sticks and your mom can even become a victim. My only advice is that you part ways with any girl that lured you into women-beating and go for deliverance before getting a wife........ A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by saved: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
There is FIRE in the RELATIONSHIP, RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! It is better for you or your friend to run away from the MONSTER inside the guy. He is using her for training now, it will graduate into full bout after saying "i do". Please, do not come back to nairaland after marriage to post about Domestic violence against your friend if she decides to marry the Mike Tysonish guy. If she wants to enjoy his money, then , let her be prepared for Jabbings, Uppercuts, Straight punches & Technical finishing and knockout. If i have made offensive statement, please forgive me. Thanks
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by andyanders: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Only a mad man marries a mad woman. If your friend is not mad too like the man, then advise her to have a rethink and com out of the marriage because domestic violence leads to murder.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by henryboff(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
One thing you have to note is that once you start beating a lady it only gets easier to justify beating her more often. So the probability that he will change is next to zero. It will only take a life changing experience to change such a man.
It's like pointing a gun at a human being and pulling the trigger. It only gets easier after the first time. That is why we have the saying "once a killer always a killer"
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Pearlvictory(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
You will find over and over in the Bible "make no friend with an angry man..". You're having the worst nightmare ever if u think that a girl beater will change when he's married. If u think you can endure thro till death, ask those single moms. Broken courtship is better than broken marriage. Or preferably order for a casket now that it's cheap so that when you're married and he murders you, ur burial won't give him tough time.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Temismith(f): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yes, he will change aπϑ be best at beating grin
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by yagbaboy1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
" generous and highly caring" God punish devil. Becos he gives u money, he is generous abi? ur fada dia. beta run for u life while u are still alive

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by covenantBabie(f): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
My dear sister, the guy is already made and cannot change even after marriage. I'll advise you call off whatever you are planning. Life have no duplicate, Be wise.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by raffite: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
If it is true that the only constant thing in life is change. Then I will say, he can change. However, you also need to sit down and talk (when you guys are in your happy mood). Start the discussion with how you guys started and proceed tactfully to some of the accomplishments and most joyful moments you have had in the relationship. Then move on to recount some of his past actions and the things that makes you see him as your ideal man. At this stage, praise him and caress his ego. Then pause for a while and say something like, "but there is just one thing that makes me very sad and I fear if we can make a good husband and wife." Wait for him to ask what it is. Then tell him about the beating. Don't add any other thing like blaming him about the what happened: just the slapping and beating. Then wait for his reply. Hear him out. Then ask him what he thinks can be done for you guys to be "mature and happy" living without beating and fighting. On the girls' part she must try to work on her attitude. When a man is in a angry mood, it is the wrong time to try and argue or make any point. Wait till he is out of that mood. You can still get the right response. Lastly, never forget this: a man is the head and he is egoistic. Wise women appreciate this and they use it positively to build their homes.

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sweetlemon: I don't know why people equate financial generosity with being caring.

We need to stick this beautiful post somewhere permanent

But the affinity between ladies and money (esp. money they did not work for) is an epidemic

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by crox4gunners: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
A man dat beat his girlfriend, lack dignity, honour and respect and that wil not change even in marriage its a character and it wil reoccur nxt time, once between twice shy
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by lambertjonah: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Let him without sin cast the first stone!

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by jpphilips(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
maureeno: Hmmm.very obvious.A man då̝̅† beats up his fiancee,why won't he beat her up after payin her bride price.Ƅŭţ dere's nothin prayer can't do.if she goes ahead with the weddin,she shud be prepared to amend her ways so as not to offend the guy to warrant beating,then add prayers.he will even beat the pregnancy out

if you need prayer to stop someone from assaulting you, what then do you use your brain for?
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Wahala90: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
crox4gunners: A man dat beat his girlfriend, lack dignity, honour and respect and that wil not change even in marriage its a character and it wil reoccur nxt time, once between twice shy

What if she beats up the man's innocent mother? grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. / If Your Name Have A Negative Meaning, Will You Change It? / Woman Gave Birth To Twins By Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.