Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,529 members, 7,847,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? (24473 Views)

She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? / "I Only Stuck With Him Because Of His Money" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by segzicres(m): 2:35am On Dec 12, 2013
This babe is confused. As far as the relationship goes, he has no obligation to buy stuffs for ya or sh it! if you cant tell him simple sh it thatbothering you then teres a problem. Abeggi dont come n sugar coat your side of te story feining angel floating inr the sky.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 12, 2013
As much as I don't subscribe to the school of 'your boyfriend should be your atm machine', I also don't subscribe to marrying a stingy man. Personally, I cannot cope with such a man.

However, a stingy man is not the one who doesn't spend on you, a stingy man is a man who doesn't help pple around him. What is his giving attitude towards siblings, friends, neighbours etc like? If he cannot part with N100 without reciting an epistle, even if he buys a car for you in the process of dating, he's just trapping you!

Watch the way he gives to people around him, a giver would always be a giver, even if he doesn't have. Meanwhile, let a stingy man be as rich as dangote, he'll still be stingy!

11 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by jaybee3(m): 5:51am On Dec 12, 2013
adepink: Huh? How can he be ready 4 marriage wen he's nt ready 2 part with a little cash My advice 2 pple is alwaz tell ur partner what's troubling u about him/her bcz until u share it, it will keep bothering u.
Give him a test jor, cook up a story abt u needing a specific amt of money 4 sometin urgent, watch how he will react 2 it. If he gives u, gud; but if not, OYO when u guys get married. Project or no project, so wen u guys r married, u will be using feeding money 2 do project ba
I was reading your post, nodding along and was ready to click like until i got to the point where you advised her to lie.

Just talk to your man since you aren't comfortable with his stingy ways. He would probably make the right adjustments if he truly loves you.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 12, 2013
Big.game:

Why? Don't you love him enough to settle down with him, or are you evaluating his said stingy attitude with money towards you? which in that case makes you more concerned with his money not how he treats you, not how you guys are compatible with each other or even if you truly love him and vice-versa .
Op no offence but i think you are more concerned about his Owoh, ask me why and i will show notable points from your first post.
God knows am not after his 0woh but just want him to change his attitude.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 12, 2013
adepink: Huh? How can he be ready 4 marriage wen he's nt ready 2 part with a little cash My advice 2 pple is alwaz tell ur partner what's troubling u about him/her bcz until u share it, it will keep bothering u.
Give him a test jor, cook up a story abt u needing a specific amt of money 4 sometin urgent, watch how he will react 2 it. If he gives u, gud; but if not, OYO when u guys get married. Project or no project, so wen u guys r married, u will be using feeding money 2 do project ba
I told him last year that I needed some money to start up a business but he hasn't given it to me. That part about feeding is very true oh my sister! How can I get married to man and visitors will come and I will tell them there is no food in the house or a situation where myself and kids will be complaining of no food or shopping money because am married to a stingy man,that is what I am thinking. I don't want my kids to suffer because of my mistake of marrying the wrong person.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 12, 2013
jmoore: Before you call him stingy you need to know the answers to the following questions.

1: Do you know the amount he gives to his siblings?

2: Do you know the amount he gives to his parents?

3: Do you know the amount he gives to others that are not related to him?

A stingy man cannot be stingy to only you.
His parent and sibling are not in lagos but he doesn't give to his friends. Sometimes they complain and ask me to talk to him
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 12, 2013
segzi cres: This babe is confused. As far as the relationship goes, he has no obligation to buy stuffs for ya or sh it! if you cant tell him simple sh it thatbothering you then teres a problem. Abeggi dont come n sugar coat your side of te story feining angel floating inr the sky.
Am not sugar coating here and have tried talking to him severally. If it wasn't the truth he would have commented ever since I posted this thread to counter my allegations or even defend himself. All he does is to plead and am not ready to put my future or the future of my kids at stake because of his attitude.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nuzo1(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2013
I've come to realize that most women live a delusional life of thinking that any man who sleep with them considers them their girlfriend.

On the other hand, why do some of our ladies feel it's the obligation of their bfs to take care of them financially even when these ladies are doing well for themselves?

And then he finally gave you the money you are greedily yearning for and you hypocritically refused it.

What do you want?!!

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Nuzo':
I've come to realize that most women live a delusional life of thinking that any man who sleep with them considers them their girlfriend.

On the other hand, why do some of our ladies feel it's the obligation of their bfs to take care of them financially even when these ladies are doing well for themselves?

And then he finally gave you the money you are greedily yearning for and you hypocritically refused it.

What do you want?!!
Do you know how much he gave me?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by ochon: 7:39am On Dec 12, 2013
faakay:

common that's too harsh on her

she just felt she stood by him when he was still hustling and since he bucks up..

he should give her some nice treatment!

Since the guy wants to propose atleast he should start showing some attitude

I think the poster is feeling unsecured like is this how this guy would be behaving after we get married I mean you have got cash and you don't want to spend even she's not demanding as prescribed

are you guys saying you don't spend for your babes? so because she's not your wife so you don't want to spend to make her happy atleast

you guys are bunch of hypocrites, I bet some of you have spent recklessly on babes!!!

On point

Gob bless you. So so, on point. That guy is defo stingy. I'm not saying he should spend the world, or buy things for her recklessly, but a guy whose lady stood by him when drinking garri(I'm giving an example) was the status quo, now he's got money, living well and building a house(and we know to build house in naija no be beans), he can't spend for his chick?. C'mon, that's stinginess. I bet you, if he loves and care about this lady so much, she won't complain before he buys things for her. The buying shouldn't be a one way thing though, the lady should reciprocate once in a while according to her pocket's size. When a lady receives only and thinks she's giving back through sex/in kind, most times, the guy demeans her and pride sets in. That's what some ladies still haven't figured out.

Once again, nice post bruv, you killed it. wink

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nuzo1(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: Do you know how much he gave me?

How much my dear?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by ochon: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2013
jay bee:
I was reading your post, nodding along and was ready to click like until i got to the point where you advised her to lie.

Just talk to your man since you aren't comfortable with his stingy ways. He would probably make the right adjustments if he truly loves you.

Gbam!!. No need of cooking up a lie. Just talk to her man, communication works wonders. if after talking and things doesn't change, she can consider another option.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by scribble: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2013
faakay:

she just felt she stood by him when he was still hustling and since he bucks up..

I think the poster is feeling unsecured like is this how this guy would be behaving after we get married I mean you have got cash and you don't want to spend even she's not demanding as prescribed

are you guys saying you don't spend for your babes? so because she's not your wife so you don't want to spend to make her happy atleast

you guys are bunch of hypocrites, I bet some of you have spent recklessly on babes!!!

On point

i spend recklessly on my parents, and my girl. I know. Just did their xmas allocations. point here is she should exercise patience, maybe he's planning for a wedding. she shouldnt be throwing tantrum on NL because ole' boy never sanwo
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 12, 2013
Nuzo':

How much my dear?
An unreasonable amount
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nuzo1(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: An unreasonable amount

Now, you've confirmed that you might actually be the problem in that relationship.

You asked if I knew the amount he gave you as if you were going to tell me if only I had asked. And when I asked, you still came back to square one. grin

You have to be decisive and straight forward sometimes.
Speak with your dude one on one on your fears should you guys get married. He might have a different opinion.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by mecussey(m): 8:09am On Dec 12, 2013

Her boyfriend could be testing her as well, what if this money seize to come tomorrow? Op if you love your boyfriend, stop asking for a dime, one day he will ask you what happened. My ex babe changed when I got a car suprisenly, she said so i had been underspending on her..WTF. Op you are wrong for rejecting the money. Dont compare what he is giving you with his assets. Try to be one of his assets and not a liability. Let us look at it this way. No matter how much he gives you, there are bigger spenders and no matter how much you want to collect, there are better collectors. If I were you, i will concentrate on how he would love me more and how do you achieve that? By been different from other girls. Almost all girls are money consious, do not be money consious. I was suprised when you said, you are rejecting his proposal because, you are not sure if he will spend on u in marriage. This is how dumb you are, how can you use such a myopic thought? If I am the guy, i may start having double mind...i would not like my children to be so dumb. If you becomes his wife, automatically, everything becomes yours including the cars and the house. So what are you worried about? What do you need money for in the first place, if not jeweries and Brazillian hair. Park well jo

17 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2013
mecussey:

Her boyfriend could be testing her as well, what if this money seize to come tomorrow? Op if you love your boyfriend, stop asking for a dime, one day he will ask you what happened. My ex babe changed when I got a car suprisenly, she said so i had been underspending on her..WTF. Op you are wrong for rejecting the money. Dont compare what he is giving you with his assets. Try to be one of his assets and not a liability. Let us look at it this way. No matter how much he gives you, there are bigger spenders and no matter how much you want to collect, there are better collectors. If I were you, i will concentrate on how he would love me more and how do you achieve that? By been different from other girls. Almost all girls are money consious, do not be money consious. I was suprised when you said, you are rejecting his proposal because, you are not sure if he will spend on u in marriage. This is how dumb you are, how can you use such a myopic thought? If I am the guy, i may start having double mind...i would not like my children to be so dumb. If you becomes his wife, automatically, everything becomes yours including the cars and the house. So what are you worried about? What do you need money for in the first place, if not jeweries and Brazillian hair. Park well jo
thanks for the advice but you can as well pass your message across without insulting me by calling me dumb.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by mecussey(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: thanks for the advice but you can as well pass your message across without insulting me by calling me dumb.

Sorry babe...but that was so dumb, it's good you feel it. Sometimes I call myself foolish as well, especially when I read my 2007 posts.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2013
scribble:

i spend recklessly on my mom, and my girl. I know. Just did their xmas allocations. point here is she should exercise patience, maybe he's planning for a wedding. she shouldnt be throwing tantrum on NL because ole' boy never sanwo

OK. But you spend for ur girl recklessly and u accusing the poster cos her guy never sanwo abi... Shey bi iwo se ma se fun baby ti ni yen, but u don go rush by xmas collection when xmas gan never reach.

Exercise patience for aw long? When its wasn't rosy she was now its getting beta so she should keep been patience till when?

Cos he's planning for wedding he shouldn't show some concern? Have you heard of the word proof of concept?

Things are not done that way.

Except she just a fling aka fuuucckmate

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Snoggy(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: An unreasonable amount
Which one be unreasonable amount? undecided Tell us the exact amount jorh. angry Because to me, 50,000 naira is unreasonable. So tell us.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Snoggy: Which one be unreasonable amount? undecided Tell us the exact amount jorh. angry Because to me, 50,000 naira is unreasonable. So tell us.
that means you are very rich oh for 50,000 to be an unreasonable amount to you. cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 12, 2013
faakay:

OK. But you spend for ur girl recklessly and u accusing the poster cos her guy never sanwo abi... Shey bi iwo se ma se fun baby ti ni yen, but u don go rush by xmas collection when xmas gan never reach.

Exercise patience for aw long? When its wasn't rosy she was now its getting beta so she should keep been patience till when?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by adepink(f): 9:44am On Dec 12, 2013
jay bee:

Its called A TEST. We should all test our partners sometimes to know how strong our relationships are.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by adepink(f): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: I told him last year that I needed some money to start up a business but he hasn't given it to me. That part about feeding is very true oh my sister! How can I get married to man and visitors will come and I will tell them there is no food in the house or a situation where myself and kids will be complaining of no food or shopping money because am married to a stingy man,that is what I am thinking. I don't want my kids to suffer because of my mistake of marrying the wrong person.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by adepink(f): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2013
arcbabe: I told him last year that I needed some money to start up a business but he hasn't given it to me. That part about feeding is very true oh my sister! How can I get married to man and visitors will come and I will tell them there is no food in the house or a situation where myself and kids will be complaining of no food or shopping money because am married to a stingy man,that is what I am thinking. I don't want my kids to suffer because of my mistake of marrying the wrong person.
When I say cook up a story abt sometin urgent, I mean ask 4 money pertaining ur welfare bt make it look urgent and necessary. Not bizness money oo, bcz he might not like d idea of u goin in2 dat bizness and its his way of stopin u 4m going in2 it. How he respond 2 ur needs matters alot.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2013
faakay:

On point
Most sensible comment so far.
cool
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2013
ochon:

Gob bless you. So so, on point. That guy is defo stingy. I'm not saying he should spend the world, or but things for her recklessly, but a guy which his lady stood by him when drinking garri(I'm giving an example) was the status quo, now he's got money, living well and building a house(and we to build house in naija no be beans), h e can't spend for his chick?. C'mon, that's stinginess. I bet you, if he loves and care about this lady so much, she won't complain before he buys things for her. The buying shouldn't be a one way thing though, the lady should reciprocate once in a while according to her pocket's size. When a lady receives only and thinks she's giving back through sex/in kind, most times, the guy demeans her and pride sets in. That's what some ladies still haven't figured out.

Once again, nice post bruv, you killed it. wink
cool cool
The guy is stingy that's all. @OP what re you going to do? Cos its obvious this dude stinginess is astronomical.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by mecussey(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2013
gcfr.com:

Most sensible comment so far.
cool

If she gets the nice treatment, he is already paying her back. I like it when someone is owing me.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2013
mecussey:

If she gets the nice treatment, he is already paying her back. I like it when someone is owing me.
huh? So he shud starve d poor lady to death? Lol
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by mecussey(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2013
gcfr.com:
huh? So he shud starve d poor lady to death? Lol

The lady was not starving when they were in a room apartment.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2013
mecussey:

The lady was not starving when they were in a room apartment.
bros haba na, showing your gf some love won't hurt.
undecided
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by lertee(f): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2013
Some guys can really be funny with advices. When a girl refuses to stay with a guy when he has nothing,she will get insulted,now she stood by him and he is earning little change but he isn't spending for her,she complains and she still gets insulted that she is still his gf and not his wife,whew,can a woman ever please the world NO.
To make matter worse,he is cheating on her and she keeps enduring wtf.
OP,if your boyfriend is stingy now,that is how he will remain forever,he can never change,if he cheats on you now and you keep forgiving him,he will continue doing it because he knows you will always forgive him. The ball is in your court.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naija babes Are stronger than guys even in their almighty beds . ..true or false / Please Your Girlfriend Should Come First Before Football / How To Treat A Lady!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.