Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? (24451 Views)

She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? / "I Only Stuck With Him Because Of His Money" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by omajali2003(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I think the real problem here is the issue of cheating on you. As for his being stingy, if God opens a financial door for you ther will be no point depending on him for money. But how do you address the problem of him cheating on you after marriage. Think twice before making a marriage leap. May God be with you and guide you
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by seangy4konji: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2013
make u nor go work and get your own money...be calling someone stingy...Nairaland deh give me better brain almost everyday...Even phd counsellors nor fit put me through for life like NL...U nor get brothers,uncle or fatherO boy,if oyin disturb me or even call me stingy again or demandI go break up with am sharp.forget introduction self.GO AND GET YOUR SELF BUSY WILL BE MY ANSWER...Oyin na my woman.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2013
Guys should stop behaving like cows when they call you morons!

You should be able to differentiate a materialistic girl from a non-material girls.

Case of study: I & friend was on date with 2 babes, we asked chick A what will u like to take? A said anything. We asked chick B the same Q. Chick B said rice & chicken. My friend was angrily whispered to me that chick B is playing smart, that she's a theif grin. I told him yeah I know don't worry pay we pay d bills but she's a bad one.

Do you think chick A doesn't want to eat rice & chicken? She's the smart one cos she doesn't know how our pocket is like and she doesn't want to look like a hungry monger.

Chick B was just ready to buy everything.

You can now see, you guys should take your time to fish out the good ones.

This is Africa, Nigeria. You can never compare it with the ladies in US or UK who are gainly employed unlike the ones here. Do you really think if they are they would be bugging you?

If this is the case here in Nigeria then you guys needs to deal with situation and stop behaving like nuisance!

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2013
Guys should stop behaving like cows when they call you morons!

You should be able to differentiate a materialistic girl from a non-material girls.

Case of study: I & friend was on date with 2 babes, we asked chick A what will u like to take? A said anything. We asked chick B the same Q. Chick B said rice & chicken. My friend was angrily whispered to me that chick B is playing smart, that she's a theif grin. I told him yeah I know don't worry pay we pay d bills but she's a bad one.

Do you think chick A doesn't want to eat rice & chicken? She's the smart one cos she doesn't know how our pocket is like and she doesn't want to look like a hungry monger.

Chick B was just ready to buy everything.

You can now see, you guys should take your time to fish out the good ones.

This is Africa, Nigeria. You can never compare it with the ladies in US or UK who are gainly employed unlike the ones here. Do you really think if they are they would be bugging you?

If this is the case here in Nigeria then you guys needs to deal with situation and stop behaving like nuisance!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by katordidi(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2013
Missmossy: Your type is kinda rare! You seem patient and stood with him in his trying periods and how does he make it up to you? The ball is your court.
how did she contribute to his new found wealth? She should keep up the patience tho am sure de guy has pressing needs

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Emeralddeee: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2013
I laugh at some comments yet those same guys are the ones who come here to post my girl left me for a richer guy. Some even say she is not his wife bla bla bla and he is not oblige to assist her financially I disagree with that am sure when op's bf was broke she had other options yet she sticked to him, if at that time she dumped him for another guy she will be called names that's why I don't blame some girls who will rather date an already made guy, a girl who sticks to a guy through thick and thin deserve an applause especially cuz her type is rare . Take it or leave it every girl wants a stable relationship it includes financial stability especially in marriage, the best way a guy can show he loves his woman is by being there for her in all areas of her life including assisting her when need be vice versa . I blame you for ignoring the warning signs from the unset this Is not an issue you would have discarded, this also goes out to everyone you need to be smart never take little things for granted it wasn't an issue before why bring it up now Perhaps you thought he will change right Let me tell you a guy who out of the little he has does nothing for you will not change over night deal with it or live with it. Also can't you fend for yourself or what As a lady the best way to gain respect from your man is to be financially independent gone are the days were a girl will just sit at home hoping prince charming will come and rescue her it only happens in romantic novels and movies, perhaps is time to build yourself financially it will do you a whole lot of good.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by okewumi: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2013
They have said it all.
Let me ask some questions about your guy
1. Is your guy from well to do family (a) Rich (b)Average,mummy teacher and daddy teacher (c)poor
2. what is your guy education profile? (a[b]) Attempted waec or Jamb several times, Carry-over during undergraduate and extra year,third class [/b](b) genius, Scholarships when he was in school, first class.
3. Any professional certification presently (a) yes, ICAN, Autocad etc (b) No, I rely on anointing oil (c) No, The race is not for the swift.....
4. Where is your guy working presently (a) Private companies e.g Banks (b) Self employed (c) Federal Gov job
5. Is your guy the first child (a) Yes and they are four in numbers (b) No and nobody request for support from his family
6. Status of his parent presently (a) Retired, still expecting pention (b) Mummy has retired but dad is in service (c) they are dead.
7. Number of interview he went for before getting the current job (a) uncountable interviews and online CV submission (b) Got job after NYSC

If your answers are the bolded response, you have to take it easy. if a guy struggle to find his way to the top in Nigeria hmmm, the first thing is to build security around himself and that is why he is building his own house. In case he loses his job, atleast the issue of shelter is sorted. It is not easy to marry "aterofo dide". Your guy is not stingy, you will enjoy him when they start calling you landlady. Only God knows the number of online application he submitted b4 he got his current job. Struggling sometimes affect thinking. pls don't be offended, l am just talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by kalimera101: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2013
@OP, the best advice I can give in this situation (although I suspect u might have already come u with a decision urself) is to keep loving the guy as u always did, do the things u always did with and for him.
But, find and do or involve urself in things that will keep u busy, happy and still earn you some money some how.
If u want to look good, do it for urself not anyone else.
Don't expect anything from him. Maybe when he starts feeling the air of indepence around you, he will change.
Abeg, put marriage on hold for a little while and watch how ur relationship is going.
But if after all this he doesn't change. Then bear it in mind u are no longer in a relationship.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Blessyn042: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2013
She did right by rejecting his money. Let him eat alone and die alone. He dnt knw wat he av until he loose it, he wil nw realize his mistake. Oh girl be urself he dnt love u.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by repogirl(f): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Put marriage on hold ke? And be waiting for what? They need to air out issues, either she can live with it or she moves on.

she's not getting any younger neither is her age in pause while she waits.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by kokolet007(f): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2013
Emeralddeee: I laugh at some comments yet those same guys are the ones who come here to post my girl left me for a richer guys. Some even say she is not his wife bla bla bla and he is not oblige to assist her financially I disagree with that am sure when op's bf was broke she had other options yet she sticked to him, if at that time she dumped him for another guy she will be called names that's why I don't blame some girls who will rather date an already made guy, a girl who sticks to a guy through thick and thin deserve an applause especially cuz her type is rare . Take it or leave it every girl wants a stable relationship it includes financial stability especially in marriage, the best way a guy can show he loves his woman is by being there for her in all areas of her life including assisting her when need be vice versa . I blame you for ignoring the warning signs from the unset this Is not an issue you would have discarded, this also goes out to everyone you need to be smart never take little things for granted it wasn't an issue before why bring it up now Perhaps you thought he will change right Let me tell you a guy who out of the little he has does nothing for you will not change over night deal with it or live with it. Also can't you fend for yourself or what As a lady the best way to gain respect from your man is to be financially independent gone are the days were a girl will just sit at home hoping prince charming will come and rescue her it only happens in romantic novels and movies, perhaps is time to build yourself financially it will do you a whole lot of good.
You are so reasonable wiv ur post!
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2013
kokolet007: @OP this is a very delicate matter,Marriage is not a joke and I believe money goes well with love,there's nohow ur so called BF will loves u so much dat he will not want to show it by giving out a susbtancial cash or gift despite wot u guys has been through, am not saying HE MUST bt since the OP said he's financially okay then he has to care for his heart if truly she's his heart, I can't even imagin myself in such relationship,2face has been thick nd thin wiv annie bt now she's enjoying her husby wealth even bfor they were married, u dnt have to marry him bfor u enjoy him, when u marry the rite person Ur money is jus a plus!
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Blessyn042: She did right by rejecting his money. Let him eat alone and die alone. He dnt knw wat he av until he loose it, he wil nw realize his mistake. Oh girl be urself he dnt love u.
cool
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by sweetdude001(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Madam itz called a relationship nt a bizness venture, d problem. With 9ja ladies is dat most r lazy, n u d Neva earn a guy's respect, work make ur own money den no man d treat u like shit and quick question, av u impacted is life in anyway, sticking with alone doesn't just cut it n mayb u stuck with him coz u Neva had any other offer,
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Blessyn042: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2013
[i disagree d guy doesnt love d girl. Hunger wil kil her b4 she answer landlady.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by troy20(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2013
kokolet007: @OP this is a very delicate matter,Marriage is not a joke and I believe money goes well with love,there's nohow ur so called BF will loves u so much dat he will not want to show it by giving out a susbtancial cash or gift despite wot u guys has been through, am not saying HE MUST bt since the OP said he's financially okay then he has to care for his heart if truly she's his heart, I can't even imagin myself in such relationship,2face has been thick nd thin wiv annie bt now she's enjoying her husby wealth even bfor they were married, u dnt have to marry him bfor u enjoy him, when u marry the rite person Ur money is jus a plus!
"money goes well with love" sadly its true.thats what its truely worth aftarall.you see guys getting bitter you gurls only respond to bills flashed in your face and your ilk quickly getting defensive about true love.i would think a mutual loving union would be least concerned with deep pockets but i must be s..h..i.t.i.n.g my self right now.whoever said love dont cost a thing.sadly yours and o.p's does...or maybe they all do.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Emeralddeee: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2013
okewumi: They have said it all.
Let me ask some questions about your guy
1. Is your guy from well to do family (a) Rich (b)Average,mummy teacher and daddy teacher (c)poor
2. what is your guy education profile? (a[b]) Attempted waec or Jamb several times, Carry-over during undergraduate and extra year,third class [/b](b) genius, Scholarships when he was in school, first class.
3. Any professional certification presently (a) yes, ICAN, Autocad etc (b) No, I rely on anointing oil (c) No, The race is not for the swift.....
4. Where is your guy working presently (a) Private companies e.g Banks (b) Self employed (c) Federal Gov job
5. Is your guy the first child (a) Yes and they are four in numbers (b) No and nobody request for support from his family
6. Status of his parent presently (a) Retired, still expecting pention (b) Mummy has retired but dad is in service (c) they are dead.
7. Number of interview he went for before getting the current job (a) uncountable interviews and online CV submission (b) Got job after NYSC

If your answers are the bolded response, you have to take it easy. if a guy struggle to find his way to the top in Nigeria hmmm, the first thing is to build security around himself and that is why he is building his own house. In case he loses his job, atleast the issue of shelter is sorted. It is not easy to marry "aterofo dide". Your guy is not stingy, you will enjoy him when they start calling you landlady. Only God knows the number of online application he submitted b4 he got his current job. Struggling sometimes affect thinking. pls don't be offended, l am just talking from experience
All you mentioned up there is immaterial if her bf is naturally a stingy person, the op confirmed he is stingy because even his friends are complaining. Even if he has responsibility of which am certain he does if he is the generous type his generosity would be extended to her and everyone else, generosity is a virtue, she has every right to be worried.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2013
kayceemadug: I perfectly understand the Op .I'm in her shoes....she is not a gold digger....every girl needs a guy that would spend on her.... no matter how little it is
.....I feel bad that Ive never been spent on...I feel so bad.......I just need a guy to treat me like a lady that I am...
where are the good guys in the house? Pls come treat her right. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Emeralddeee: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2013
kokolet007:
You are so reasonable wiv ur post!
thanks dear
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2013
phlame: @OP... Sharrap... LIAR!!! In short... U are an IDIOT!!! FOOL!!! HE IS RIGHT!!! U COME HERE TO DO THE MORE WE LOOK THE LESS WE SEE... EWU... ANIMAL... WHEN U DEY INSULT THE GUY U NO REASON SAY EM GO MAKE AM... IN SHORT I DEY VEX... GERRAWAY... FOOL...I KNOW UR KIND... GOAT... GOLD DIGGER LIKE U !!!!
who let this dog out you need a permanent room in yaba left grin

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Blessyn042: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2013
[GOD BLESS U darling]
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Culiarme(f): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Most of d guys here r sayin dis babe has no ryt 2 her boo money cos she aint his wife mind u dis r d same guys dat wil *** der babe kwin she aint der wife.
My Question is, is she okay 2 *** as a galfrnd but aint worthy of ur cash because she aint ur wife?

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by aemmy: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2013
SMH at some comments some men have made here...I hate it very much when a man/woman is stingy and will never marry a stingy man while my two eyes are open unless am blindfolded(God forbid).... not for my sake as I so much hate dependence but I can't stand to see the person I call my husband to be telling people that need from him he doesn't have(coz of stinginess) while he has enough to give out from(such breaks my heart)...above all other qualities,he must have a generous heart towards people including strangers ......my question is,are those times this woman has spent with the man not enough to prove to him that she's not after his money? my dear,look well before you enter
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2013
I sincerely think guys should be appreciative,she was there for you when you had nothing and it shouldn't be a problem spending for who you truly love. You might also need her help someday and how will you feel when she decide not to help you or even spend a dime on you when you know she has the money? undecided and if she break up with the guy he will say she is wicked cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2013
aemmy: SMH at some comments some men have made here...I hate it very much when a man/woman is stingy and will never marry a stingy man while my two eyes are open unless am blindfolded(God forbid).... not for my sake as I so much hate dependence but I can't stand to see the person I call my husband to be telling people that need from him he doesn't have(coz of stinginess) while he has enough to give out from(such breaks my heart)...above all other qualities,he must have a generous heart towards people including strangers ......my question is,are those times this woman has spent with the man not enough to prove to him that she's not after his money? my dear,look well before you enter
you have said it all grin
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Culiar@me:
Most of d guys here r sayin dis babe has no ryt 2 her boo money cos she aint his wife mind u dis r d same guys dat wil *** der babe kwin she aint der wife.
My Question is, is she okay 2 *** as a galfrnd but aint worthy of ur cash because she aint ur wife?
and it those type of guys never get satisfied when fuccking their babes cheesy some men are wicked oh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Mina98(f): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Blessyn042: [i disagree d guy doesnt love d girl. Hunger wil kil her b4 she answer landlady.
grin grin grin
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:12am On Dec 18, 2013
So u r stil wit this guy?. I tot u said u 've dumped him...considering what u said in ur other thread, abt u meeting one handsome shy pastor like dat?...chai..naija girls sha.

....Una no dey tire for hustle.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by magictouch: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2013
@Op my advice to you is that you should be careful and try to also build some financial independence for yourself otherwise you will be very sorry.

talking from experience, that man is not likely to be there for you financially even when you marry. pls ensure you hold your side too
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Sunglow: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2013
dayokanu: That's the problem with these hungry I never chop girls. Why should he spend money on you? How much have you spent in him since you started dating? Are you disabled or crippled that you can't work for your own money that your bf has to be your atm
Its obvious you are poor.Try harder to make it OK so that you can spend your hard earned money on your wife cos with this your post it is very clear that your wife go suffer wella even you have the cash.sstingy Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Sunglow: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2013
dayokanu: That's the problem with these hungry I never chop girls. Why should he spend money on you? How much have you spent in him since you started dating? Are you disabled or crippled that you can't work for your own money that your bf has to be your atm
Its obvious you are poor.Try harder to make it OK so that you can spend your hard earned money on your wife cos with this your post it is very clear that your wife go suffer wella even youhave the cash.sstingy Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Sunglow: 10:23am On Dec 18, 2013
phlame: @OP... Sharrap... LIAR!!! In short... U are an IDIOT!!! FOOL!!! HE IS RIGHT!!! U COME HERE TO DO THE MORE WE LOOK THE LESS WE SEE... EWU... ANIMAL... WHEN U DEY INSULT THE GUY U NO REASON SAY EM GO MAKE AM... IN SHORT I DEY VEX... GERRAWAY... FOOL...I KNOW UR KIND... GOAT... GOLD DIGGER LIKE U !!!!
Fool!!!!!!Broke a55 nigga

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giveaway To Ease The Covid-19 Situation. / I've Found Love On Nairaland! / How Did Your Last Relationship End And Who Was At Fault?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.