Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25729 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
Deepzone. international miles are invisible line drawn to determine where a nation boundary limit is . The line is drawn with the help of a compass( scientific equipment)    The UNITED NATION (UN) uses this nautical miles to tell where your country ends. This is the reason why BAKASSI IS NOT IN NIGERIA BUT CAMERRON. bakassi falls into Camerron nautical miles zone.

This is how the miles work. Look at the map below. the red square is an oil field called bonga which produces about 200,000 barrels a day.  THIS IS JUST DRAWING. let says  it is about 20 miles from bayelsa and 90 miles from ondo state. The first line to your left is ondo state, the 2nd line is delta state, 3rd line is bayelsa state.  but if you look at the miles LINE, you discovery it falls into ondo state nautical miles and not bayelsa state. but the people of bayelsa are more closer to it .  MEND have been claiming they own those oilfield. That is not true. Most of the offshore oil field delta and bayelsa state lay claim to, today belong to ondo state.  Delta and bayelsa have been collecting money for this oil field and we want them to stop. They do not own them.

And for many years the people of delta and bayelsa have always claim they own the oil field which is not true. Above is just an example.
So if the Yorubas leave Nigeria today. And we take away out nautical miles, all the oilfield , the nigeria govt is claiming that it belong to delta and bayelsa state really belong to ondo state , under international law and please verify with the UNITED NATION(UN).

see all oil field

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by rasputinn(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
They are right and wrong
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1, why were you calling my name everywhere.

This history you're claiming from 1957. A lot of things happened back then, and it was before Nigeria's independence anyway. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since that time.

Texas used to belong to Mexico. There are some who would like the US to return the state to Mexico. Along with California, and some other US territories. It's part of history, and the US can choose whether to go back to ancient borders or continue as they are now. I hope you're getting my point.

Each Nigerian tribe still has their ancient enmities even among themselves. its not like they still get along anyway, with or without Nigeria. There's a reason the Fulani were able to colonize Kwara- severe infighting within the Oyo kingdom gave them the avenue they'd been looking for all along. Abeokuta was founded for a reason- to escape slave traders and intertribal wars. Same story all over western Nigeria and beyond. And as the political turmoil of the 80s showed (especially in the west), we need to work on being more tolerant of each other even when we have different political orientations.

We're supposed to assess and learn from history, not blindly repeat it.

and werent you the one calling for more states on another thread? What's this tune you're singing now?

Are you from Ondo state by the way. The maps are interesting but you skipped Delta state and moved directly from Bayelsa to Ondo state. Isnt Delta supposed to be in between that region? pardon me if I'm wrong- I'm not too sure about the location of bayelsa.

Besides, putting the oilfields in Ondo state is only like transferring the problem- Ijaws control most of the riverine areas there, don't they?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by MrCrackles(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
vicade:

i love them Northern girls. believe it or not, they are the best. Hausa gatemen are also very very loyal. i also like dankwa and kuli kuli. Hausa people are very cool. After yoruba, it is edo,then hausa, then fulani, then ijaw, then ,
Lastly Igbo.
This is my own personal opinion and i might be very very wrong but this is based on my own personal experiences.

true dem girls fiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnne, my best mates are MALO peeps and my gateman Musa, is the most loyal dude ever! grin

if they decide "to hell is the deal" then i would miss yarinyas, suya, dokwa, kunu and nama!

They are nice tho, maybe the message has been blown out of proportion, u know naija media naw! grin
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by ubest1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
not just hausa people only the yorubas are the biggest parasit, to hell with there nama, coco, all there two N5 product to hell, how many kulikuli and coco would they sell to build road,development.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
tpia the first line to the left is ondo state and the  second line is delta portion of the zone.

On the case of mexico and texas, i do not know the sorry. I think your information is not correct. And i know in this part of the world. issue like that is resolve with a referendum. You ask the people in yoruba land through the UN or INTERNATIONAL BODY to conduct a yes or no vote, if the yorubas want to be carve out off nigeria. if the majority say yes. You have a new country. kosovo , sudan would have that in 3 years,  it is not new. if the yorubas want it. then a referendum is the option to present to the them.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
please go and read up on the history of Texas.

What does the UN have to do with a tribe wanting out? And kindly mention better place besides Kosovo abeg. No be refugee full there? You think say na UK?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
i only use the UN as an example. Eritrea, Montenegrin use referendum
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by khufu: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
let them go! let them depend on their groundnut and cows, let them drink kunnu, nunu, and sleep in their tatched huts. let them start now. when they get the UN's attention, the UN would help them seceed, just as Eritrea was sliced out of Ethiopia with the UN's aid. i still feel bad that Gideon Orkar's plan then did not work out, they wouldn't be saying this now. they insist on sharia and they collect proceeds from breweries taxes, so they can spend alcoholic money! they are like a muslim cleric who wouldn't lend his knife to cut pork because it is haram but would rather prefer to use his teeth. who says one Nigeria? LET THEM GET THE Bleep OUT!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

i only use the UN as an example. Eritrea, Montenegrin use referendum

eritrea and montenegro?

na only refugee torn areas you fit mention? na wa oh.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're even Yoruba at all. undecided
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2008
My brother i live abroad.  this map below  better explain it,  you see ondo nautical mile line.  I do not want to call you people names but some uneducated  doing the calculation that is given delta and bayelsa money that is not their own. Those oil field falls under ondo state. and from picture  here are the oilfield output.

ondo oilfield  production of 800,000 bbl/d
which is 32% of nigeria crude oil production. comes from yorubaland under international law,

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by emmydee(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Nigeria 1:
You are just ranting!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by biggjoe(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2008
By geographical definition of southern Nigeria, I believe every southern region (south south, south east and south west) has oil. But it is not every state in this region.

As it is not every state in this region that has oil, I believe it will still come to a point where if u come to the west for instance, Ondo will call other western states Parasites and in the east, Imo and Abia (and Anambra?) will call other Easterners Parasites.

My point Is: None of our economic woes will end with North's seccesion. I am begining to believe in this thing called oil curse.

Let me advise this Nigeria 1, to stop all his UN and nautical mile lectures, he is sounding like hes out from the '50s.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by PiMpjUiCe1: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
9ja's problems is like a cas of parents(Federal Govt) with 36children(states) who all depend on 3 or 4 of their rich brothers. Its is comon sense that no matter the depth of wealth of the 4, they will soon be wrecked. the earlier the parents use the money sent home by the four rich ones to educate and empower the others, the better for them all, and if the rich ones send money home andd d money is squandered by the poor ones, is that not parasitic? monkey dey work baboon dey chop, imagine say poor educated egbon dey rake for rich aburo say if not for money e for no dey talk to am like dat, den u go work for ur money too. oloriburuku somebody
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by trulyopal(f): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
O Nigerians.
It is a fact (though)hard to chew, that the northerners are better leaders and most organised people in Nigeria. the stability of Nigeria is maintained simply because the northerners have been in control, the yorubas are always ranting on how intelligent and developed they are, we gave them a chance.Along came OBJ cry. I NEED NOT SAY FURTHER).
What are the so called educated southerners good for? running away to europe or United states to SLAVE on a white man.All u southerners are waiting for an oppurtunity to desert nigeria and become 2nd class citizens in someones land.they constitue the most unpatriotic citizens of nigeria.

And are the Igbos talking too. are u not thesame people that hav found a second home and economic boost from the noth, with out the north u are nothin.Why do u always come back running no matter how many tribal crises occurs in the north, why have u not developed ur busines in your states and stay there?

As uneducated as the northern populace is, they are better off without the the south and east.the supposed oil money is only touching the elites.an average northerner doesnt benefit from oil in any way.Is it our fault that oil allocations given to Northern states are [i][/i]partially[i][/i]used for what they are allocated for as against the south and east that throw everything in their pockets.

BEWARE, A hausa/fulani man is always miles ahead of u in perception. if the north should exit, that will be the end of nigeria. cry
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Thor(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
Maybe the shit poor North should try and swap some sand for a few barrels of oil with the south cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Queenisha: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2008
i love them Northern girls. believe it or not, they are the best. Hausa gatemen are also very very loyal. i also like dankwa and kuli kuli. Hausa people are very cool. After yoruba, it is edo,then hausa, then fulani, then ijaw, then ,
Lastly Igbo.

This is my own personal opinion and i might be very very wrong but this is based on my own personal experiences.

And i believe my generations have always been yorubas. We only became nigerians after the white men did their stuff but a yoruba man has always been a yoruba man and an igbo man has always been an igbo man so yet again i stand corrected if i say i am first a yoruba boy then a nigerian boy not the other way around

Vicade,one of these days you'll mention the word Igbo and your nyash will immediately migrate to your mouth. grin
Do you think any Igbo man cares what you say and how you feel.?
efulefu
man of proper descent.
This your jealousy will kill you one day.
Even a disabled ,castrated, deaf and dumb Igbo man is more desirable than you anyday anytime.
woman wrapper
you better go grow some balls and stop wearing iro and buba
Jegede shokoya
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2008
emmydee (m)

International line , it is done base on a compass. You have a compass that have north and south. My father use to sail. so i know how compass work and i was in the boy scout.  A compass is a scientific instrument use to determine direction.

What they do is they take a compass and use it determine how it works. that why even why perpendicular BAKASSI look part of nigeria. the world court says no way. If you use the north and south of a compass. Bakassi is in camerron. I am sorry. please find out . read more story. you can have a large coast but own nothing.

Bakassi is not part of Nigeria. perpendicular wise, Bakassi is in nigeria, but using international law. And the world court have told nigeria that and you people keep fighting over it. when they use a compass bakassi is in camerron. So you wonder what people in the senate are doing. they should hand over bakassi like the president want them to.

emmydee do you know what a compass look like , here is a picture below.

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Queenisha: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
I love this Nigeria1 fellow.
Very detailed,with maps and all
I love smart men.
keep it up bro.

I still remember the census thread where you proved  with aerial maps that Kano and Sokoto cannot be more populated than Lagos.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by santony2k(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
Ok Nigeria1, No offence, I think we all get what you're saying - The oil fields belong to Ondo. The real issue isn't about who it belongs to, it belongs to the fed gov't for now. We all get almost an equal amount of money from it. So please enough picture, it gets to a point where even a good point is beaten to death and it becomes annoying. Talk about the issue, i.e re-read the topic and talk about that.

@ topic,
maybe all the governors whould have meetings and attack each other more often, lets see if that'll help. They might be up to something this time. We should start a paper/online publication - take the pictures of the worse place, state by state and take it to the Governor. Tell them - "THIS IS WHY THEY TALK SH*T ABOUT YOUR STATE".
Out of order but related, I saw an episode of HBO:The Wire, they did this and it was effective in cleaning up the city of Baltimore. True story though.

My 2 Cents (again)
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by xpensiv: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hop una we de yan bad sabi say aboki vexation no sexy O grin
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DRANOEL(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2008
its funny how when it comes to the north its referred to as north and when its south it is south south,south east and south west,the benue and kano man are as different as the oyo and abia man but alas the educated south doesnt know this, only about 0.1% of the north actually benefits from the niger delta oil (or do you think that without oil the poor suya man will be affected)

lets face it the niger delta people were also once parasites (before oil). northerners now are parasites along with the easterners and westerners. and as we have oil parasites so do we have food parasites and vat parasites.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1,,

You are so obsessed with this your maps, that you can use it to perform magic. Am i am talking about magic that even great patriotic Yoruba leaders of the past had not been able to perform. You draw a line perpendicular to the furthest point of Ondo and claim any thing left of your imaginary line to Lome belongs to Ondo State. Then you claim that Bonga field, which according to your Map is 80 miles from the most eastern part of Ondo, belongs to Ondo rather than Bayelsa which is only 20 miles from from the fields, bypassing Edo and even Delta.

I am sure this must be a divine revelation because the government of Nigeria, which had been ruled by the Hausa in collaboration with your kinsmen had not realized their oil wealth for the past 48 years. All the Yoruba ministers of petroleum we have had gave out all your Oil fields. The most puzzling thing is that you gave all the oil blocks to Ondo, you did even dash Ogun or Lagos a Little.

To buttress your twisted logic, you go on to rewrite history and give us the most absurd information that The UNITED NATION (UN) uses this nautical miles to tell where your country ends. This is the reason why BAKASSI IS NOT IN NIGERIA BUT CAMERRON. bakassi falls into Camerron nautical miles zone..

Are you telling us that the UN used your Maps to tell which country the Bakassi people belong to? Are you saying that Senator Ita-Giwa and her people are now "Mammy Water" and live in the middle of the Atlantic ocean in order to conform to your Nautical miles.

From Information available Bakassi was handed over to the Cameroons based on an Anglo-German agreement entered into during the colonial period, and Britain decided to hand over some part of Nigeria and southern Cameroon to Germany. And also on the supposed ceding of the Island by Gowon during the War. So also Get your information correct and stop making assumptions to conform to your theory.

I am happy that even most Yorubas do not see the sense in your stupid assertions.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Blackcat(f): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
144 + million citizens
250 + languages
over 1000 dialects

I think it's about time Nigeria splits up
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet,  which yoruba ministers of petroleum gave your so call oil away. My brother, na compass take your oil.  It is the standard used all over the world. So it is not obasanjo who gave bakassi to camerron.

I know it is difficult to speak the truth in nigeria, because this militia would bomb your place. but it is the hard truth. Bakassi is not part of nigeria. the same goes for those oil field. No be cause it, na compass. Go and buy a compass, where you think is the north sometime, would not be. The international court have made their decision based on that same equipment and other information. give camerron their land. any of them who wish to remain a nigerian can move back to nigeria. Look there are many nigerian living in the USA. should we now claim USA as part of nigeria, NO.

The world court look at map and compass. Compass is the standard use and not the story your great grand father have told you, that we use in nigeria.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Olaolufred(m): 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2008
I think it will be very good if This HAUSAS, IGBOS, YORUBAS and the NIGER DELTANS

could be bold enough to part as a proof of their non-parasitic living.

What happens next will be the truth and reality.

Anyone who shouts to hell with another parts without spearheading the seccesion of the entities

would only be paying lip service. That means insincerity of the highest order.

North, i appeal that you are bold enough to declare your independency and see if others will
argue it.

If the north talks always about rotation of power btw north and south, let them also declare today
their independency out of anoyance.
However, If they dont, that means they must truly be confirming what the man called them.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2008
Blackcat:

144 + million citizens
250 + languages
over 1000 dialects

I think it's about time Nigeria splits up

Splitting up is not an option. If we split up, we will pulverized economically, socially and militarily. In todays world you need to be big to be an active player in the world. See Europe and China. The little influence and respect the "Green Pkali" still has is because of our size and oil (of course).

The main problem we have is that of the oppressive privileged few against the very poor masses of the population
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1,,
Get it into your head, this is post Berlin 1886, the world court cannot just take a compass and a Map and decide which country belongs to where. The main point of the Bakassi Dispute was the Anglo German agreement
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Blackcat(f): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet:

In todays world you need to be big to be an active player in the world.  

Thats not true Austria is a tiny winny country but well respected. Splitting up will help this country enormously ( "economically, socially and militarily"wink.

Nigeria is by no means "an active player in the world" .

With these numbers below, there will always be disunity and without unity we are nothing.

"144 + million citizens
250 + languages
over 1000 dialects"

My dear, quality is always better than quantity.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DRANOEL(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2008
@wirinet

thats about the only intelligent thing anyone has said on this thread
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet , do you want the united nation, to use our great grand father story which they claim bakassi is part of nigeria or use international law. o buy a compass.

how many of our grand father would nigeria carry to court. the people are nigerian but the land falls into cameroon. So because yorubas lives in republic of benin, is that also part of nigeria.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by dudubobo1: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet:

Splitting up is not an option. If we split up, we will pulverized economically, socially and militarily. In todays world you need to be big to be an active player in the world. See Europe and China. The little influence and respect the "Green Pkali" still has is because of our size and oil (of course).

The main problem we have is that of the oppressive privileged few against the very poor masses of the population

Please tell me where the green kpali has any respect. The only thing you get for carrying a green kpali is looks of suspicion and disdain; you also get serial exhaustive searches at every port

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Is Absent At Ongoing NEPAD Session At AU Summit - Newswirengr / Ministerial Nomination: Dickson, Sylva’s New Found Love In Bayelsa / Forces Plot Osinbajo’s Exit; Mull ‘Onnoghen’ Treatment - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.