Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25758 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2008
The blacks mans curse: disunity amongst themselves. We will continue to stay in bondage by our own doings
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2008
Blackcat
Blackcat:

Thats not true Austria is a tiny winny country but well respected. Splitting up will help this country enormously ( "economically, socially and militarily"wink.

Nigeria is by no means "an active player in the world" .

With these numbers below, there will always be disunity and without unity we are nothing.

"144 + million citizens
250 + languages
over 1000 dialects"

My dear, quality is always better than quantity.

The example you used (Austria) is a poor example for you and a good example to buttress my point.
Austria is one of the "weak States" in Europe compared to bigger and more populous neighbours e.g Germany, Britain and France. During the second world war Austria was taken by Germany without even a fight.

Imagine how we will fare if we split up and all our surrounding Franc-Phone countries should integrate (they already have a common currency), couple with the help of a foreign power (France), we will be sitting ducks.

Even if we split to individual clans, the problems will still be there as long as we do not have Justice and fairplay. The main cause of conflict in the world is not Race, tribe or gender. It is Ignorance, injustice and poverty, as a result of oppression by a powerful few.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

wirinet , do you want the united nation, to use our great grand father story which they claim bakassi is part of nigeria or use international law. o buy a compass.

how many of our grand father would nigeria carry to court. the people are nigerian but the land falls into cameroon. So because yorubas lives in republic of benin, is that also part of nigeria.

The international court operates like a regular court, especially in land disputes. It takes evidence according to the historical background of the land in dispute.

Now the UN cannot use a compass and a map to determine whether Alaska belongs to USA or Canada.

Also if you are strong enough you can forcefully take over another country and there is nothing the UN can do.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Blackcat(f): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet:

Austria is one of the "weak States" in Europe compared to bigger and more populous neighbours e.g Germany, Britain and France. During the second world war Austria was taken by Germany without even a fight.

Austria of yesteryear's during the 2nd world war is not Austria of today.

Austria was the head of the European union until recently when France took over. Austria is respected all over the world. Has a population of 8 million, it is a first world country and one of the ten richest countries in the world.

Nigeria will be better-off if we split into six countries. These six countries can make an oat or part to unite and assist each other during war. Just like what the U.K and U.S and during.(Watching each other's back.)
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2008
By geographical definition of southern Nigeria, I believe every southern region (south south, south east and south west) has oil. But it is not every state in this region.

[size=20pt]As it is not every state in this region that has oil, I believe it will still come to a point where if u come to the west for instance, Ondo will call other western states Parasites and in the east, Imo and Abia (and Anambra?) will call other Easterners Parasites.[/size]

My point Is: None of our economic woes will end with North's seccesion. I am begining to believe in this thing called oil curse.

Let me advise this Nigeria 1, to stop all his UN and nautical mile lectures, he is sounding like hes out from the '50s.

@bold, true talk.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
I love this Nigeria1 fellow.
Very detailed,with maps and all
I love smart men.
keep it up bro.

I still remember the census thread where you proved with aerial maps that Kano and Sokoto cannot be more populated than Lagos

Me too; It remains for him to post the map of hell fire here.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
Blackcat,

Please tell me how splitting into six countries would solve our problems. How is it going to be better than operating a TRUE FEDERATION, composed of six regions controlling their resources and their destinies, while the center control defense, foreign affairs and monetary policies.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by keba(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
well said wirinet.
@ nigeria1
pls comment on the thread rather than commenting on which state owns bonga field
or not even if it belongs to ur ppl, there is NO way the yoruba man would give out what HE truly
believes is HIS to another yoruba man of another dissent let alone another tribs man.
@ topic
the threat by the northern governors is a very big goof. they know they cannot stop depending
on oil allocation that comes from the federal govt. to th states. too bad that they could not sustain
the groundnut pyramids they were known for after the advent of crude oil in the south which was
due to their greed for the money hence the sit tight syndrome. after all, during the era of cocoa,
groundnuts, etc, , they earned everything and payed taxes to the fed. govt. so what stops them
from allowing proceeds of oil to go to the producing states and let them pay taxes
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2008
Also if you are strong enough you can forcefully take over another country and there is nothing the UN can do.

That an idea , i have never knew was possible. So what you are saying is that president yar adua should go and  force all our children into the army and make them face cameroon. Nosense bakassi is not worth killing people over. Cameroon also gave back land to nigeria in the north. what is the big deal about bakassi. ""the oil "" we have many oil field cameroon as little. one small piece would not kill us.

keba. if we use the oil derivation nigeria govt is using at the moment. where they claim bonga oilfield is part of delta and bayelsa. Then all the oilfield in River,akwa ibom , bayelase , crross river are all part of cameroon. which is not true. we use international law.

see map

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Blackcat(f): 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
wirinet:

Blackcat,

Please tell me how splitting into six countries would solve our problems. How is it going to be better than operating a TRUE FEDERATION, composed of six regions controlling their resources and their destinies, while the center control defense, foreign affairs and monetary policies.

My dear, we have tried TRUE FEDERATION for 48 years it is not helping. Nigeria need's to move to plan B.

By splitting into 6 countries one of the biggest problems of Nigeria will be taken care of, that is tribalism. (Most of the world nations speak one language)
Secondly the resources will be more available to the citizens of each nation. The resources that would have been shared by 144+ million will be shared by 20 million or less as the case maybe. There will be a sense of purpose and loyal service by the citizens of each nation and there leaders. This will in the long term bring development and progress. More jobs will be created, a lot more will be educated e.t.c
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2008

My dear, we have tried TRUE FEDERATION for 48 years it is not helping. Nigeria need's to move to plan B.

By splitting into 6 countries one of the biggest problems of Nigeria will be taken care of, that is tribalism. (Most of the world nations speak one language)
Secondly the resources will be more available to the citizens of each nation. The resources that would have been shared by 144+ million will be shared by 20 million or less as the case maybe. There will be a sense of purpose and loyal service by the citizens of each nation and there leaders. This will in the long term bring development and progress. More jobs will be created, a lot more will be educated e.t.

My name is Funmilayo and i endorsed this response.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
That an idea , i have never knew was possible. So what you are saying is that president yar adua should go and force all our children into the army and make them face cameroon. Nosense bakassi is not worth killing people over. Cameroon also gave back land to nigeria in the north. what is the big deal about bakassi. ""the oil "" we have many oil field cameroon as little. one small piece would not kill us.

keba. if we use the oil derivation nigeria govt is using at the moment. where they claim bonga oilfield is part of delta and bayelsa. Then all the oilfield in River,akwa ibom , bayelase , crross river are all part of cameroon. which is not true. we use international law.

see map

Do we also have oil in Osun state abi we no dey for any radii? What is the quantity abeg?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by igboitalo: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2008
blackcat austria was ran by well meaning people, not by a bunch of idiots
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ Nigeria1,,

I never said we should go to war, i was only emphasizing how a country can acquire land. Nigeria cannot afford to fight a war right now, we are too internally unstable.

Deepzone,
We did not try TRUE FEDERATION for 48 years, we tried true federation for about 6 years and operated TRUE UNITATION for 42 years.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1: are you Yoruba, or are you Ijaw (whole or mixed) from Ondo state.

because all this one that you're allocating the lucrative oil blocks to Ondo state no understand me oh.

I know oil was discovered in Ondo state, (also some parts of the east like Abia), and I'm enjoying your maps. However, some of your assertions seem far fetched.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Orikinla(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
Map reading will not answer the question of the Nigerian anomie.
The state of the nation from the Niger Delta to Lake Chad is enough evidence of the misappropriation of oil revenues by the political contractors in the barracks and Presidency since 1979 to date.

If the Northern leaders have used the oil revenues to develop their people, I would be glad and grateful to sing their praises, but as a tour of all the local governments in the Northern states can show you and I, they have cheated, exploited and raped their poor majority. The irony of the Nigerian crisis is the poor majority are actually the ones feeding us, because they are the rural dwellers growing the food crops and cash crops from Abia to Katsina. Most of them do not rely on the petroleum or kerosine to farm and produce the food crops we have been living on all these decades.

The major beneficiaries of the oil revenues are only 20% of the population of Nigeria, the urban dwellers in our towns and cities. Who are engaged in the rat race of the oligarcgy.

Dr. Aliyu and his fellow Northern leaders are members of the Nigerian political plutocracy in the public and private sectors.
They are the exploiters of the poor majority and they are the major shareholders in the banks, insurance companies and other companies being used to perpetuate the exploitation of the poor majority from the Niger Delta to Lake Chad.

The peasant farmers in the villages are actually the real heroes of Nigeria and without them, most of us would be eating sand and sipping crude oil.

The oil revenues have not been used to help these peasant farmers and they are still engaged in crude methods of farming and their children are not given equal opportunity in education, because their public schools have been either abandoned or neglected and the best teachers have been snatched by the plutocrats to teach in their private nursery/primary schools, private secondary schools and private universities. Lest we forget, the plutocrats set up these their private schools with the same ill-gotten millions of naira they stole from the revenue allocations meant for the development of the states. Go on tour of the public schools in the Northern states and see the horrible and terrible state of education and the deplorable living conditions of the peasants and their children and then go on tour of the private schools of the plutocrats and see the imitation of modern Western education they are giving to their own children and they can also send their children to the best private colleges and universities in the UK and the US.
They are bent on the perpetuation of corruption in their strongold on theplutocratic leadership of Nigeria and give their own children undue advantage to secure their future at the expense of the future of the poor majority.

We must hold them accountable for the underdevelopment of Nigeria.
We must prosecute them to make them pay for their crimes of public corruption and exploitation of the poor majority.

The above crisis is what we should address and not contesting the geographical location of our oil.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by wirinet(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2008
Orikinla,
God will never remove from your fountain of knowledge. That is what i have been trying to tell them, it is not Ijaw against hausa or Yoruba against Igbo. The real parasites are the few oppressive elite, hausa, yoruba or Niger deltan, who want his children yet unborn to be slave masters of the others. (sometimes of even his blood brothers)
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Orikinla(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
They have used religion to deceive and mislead the poor majority for decades and turn them against themselves.

If you go on tour of the rural areas in the Northern states, you will break down in disbelief of how these same Northern elites distracting the attention of their poor majority from the crimes they have perpetrated could be so heartless and ruthless.

Ask them what they have done with the oil revenues?

Remember that they have been paid these revenue allocations in dollars for years until recently.

I know them all, from 1979 to date.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by igboitalo: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2008
Blackcat:

Secondly the resources will be more available to the citizens of each nation. The resources that would have been shared by 144+ million will be shared by 20 million or less as the case maybe. There will be a sense of purpose and loyal service by the citizens of each nation and there leaders. This will in the long term bring development and progress. More jobs will be created, a lot more will be educated e.t.c
    how would that end tribalism,are all the tribes united among themselves many nations don't speak one language our problem is our mentality and our culture of dependance
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Uche2nna(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
Orikinla:

[b]If you go on tour of the rural areas in the Northern states, you will break down in disbelief of how these same Northern elites distracting the attention of their poor majority from the crimes they have perpetrated could be so heartless and ruthless.[/b]Ask them what they have done with the oil revenues?

Having lived in the North, I would have to agree with u there.

However, the average northerner would quickly give u the impression that they like the status quo like that.  I spoke to a couple of them during my NYSC sojourn and it was an eye opener what thier opinions were.

However, that should not detract from the issue. Whatever the Norther elite was/is doing with the revenue that was allocated them should not obscure the fact that the National cake has been unevenly distributed.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by alexleo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2008
It was Asari Dokubo, the freedom fighter from the Niger Delta that made the statement that if the north is starved of oil money for one week they will die because they are lazy people. That was what angered their governors and they reacted the way they did. It wasnt soludo that made the statement like someone mentioned here. But again, come to think of it, what Asari said about the north is definitely not far from the truth. Their attitude portrays them as people who will perish without oil money. That was why during the constitution reform conference of Obasanjo, it was proposed that the 13 percent oil derivation being given to the niger delta be increased to 50 percent and the north vehemently opposed it. Infact they reacted like someone who had scorpion attack. Its not enough for those northern governors to "say to hell with your oil", let them tell Yaradua to increase the derivation  to 50 percent. If they cant do that, then what Asari said is 100 percent right.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2008
In fact, all this brouhaha just because some gun toting fellows called the rest of Nigeria parasites?

We are all parasites, including the Niger Delta militants themselves.

If oyibo no discover the oil nko? And provide drilling and logistic assistance to extract it?

If na olden days, no be oyibo go own that oil?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
It was Asari Dokubo, the freedom fighter from the Niger Delta that made the statement that if the north is starved of oil money for one week they will die because they are lazy people

Are northerners lazy? I don't think so because they feed the nation and you can do that through laziness.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by igboitalo: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2008
alexleo:

It was Asari Dokubo, the freedom fighter from the Niger Delta that made the statement that if the north is starved of oil money for one week they will die because they are lazy people. That was what angered their governors and they reacted the way they did. It wasnt soludo that made the statement like someone mentioned here. But again, come to think of it, what Asari said about the north is definitely not far from the truth. Their attitude portrays them as people who will perish without oil money. That was why during the constitution reform conference of Obasanjo, it was proposed that the 13 percent oil derivation being given to the niger delta be increased to 50 percent and the north vehemently opposed it. Infact they reacted like someone who had scorpion attack. Its not enough for those northern governors to "say to hell with your oil", let them tell Yaradua to increase the derivation to 50 percent. If they can't do that, then what Asari said is 100 percent right.
so that child kidnapper is a freedom fighter, freedom from what hausa brutality to child kidnapping and raping women
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by igboitalo: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Are northerners lazy? I don't think so because they feed the nation and you can do that through laziness.
lets be truthful my brother,no lie notherners r lazy don't get me wrong i don't want nigeria to break up but for that not to happen we must accept the truth the north must contribute to making nigeria better
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Blackcat(f): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
igboitalo:

how would that end tribalism,are all the tribes united among themselves many nations don't speak one language our problem is our mentality and our culture of dependance                                                                                              

It definitely will end tribalism. The 6 countries could be something like this:

North - All Hausa speaking states including the Tivs .
North Central- All none Hausa speaking states  
East- All Igbo/Ibo speaking States including Delta Igbos/Ibos
West- All Yoruba speaking states including Yoruba speaking tribes in Edo/Delta/Kogi States
South - All Efik/ Ibibio speaking states
South South - All Ijaw speaking states including Ijaw speaking tribes in Edo/Delta States

The rest can join which tribe the feel most comfortable with

I totally agree "many nations don't speak one language" but the strongest and the most respected speak one language e.g Each country in Europe speaks one language , upcoming world power China  to name a few. Our culture of dependence might not be completely erased but will change to some extent. It will no more be the north will die in one week without oil or the east give's us a bad name abroad. It will  be every tribe for itself. It will bring competition, it will bring progress.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Uche2nna(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2008
If this country is to adopt a true federation system of governance, it might as well be carved up.

In the Nigerian context, what is the essence of having a weak center with strong regional dominance. Who is going to be benefitting from the so called center? What do the different regions have in common that would warrant a weak center in the face of strong geographical regions? Is it culture, religion, language or ideology that would make us still want to associate at the level of a weak center. Lets face it, the only thing that Nigerians have in common at the federal level at this mooment is the National cake. Once the center is deprived of that, then it becomes redundant.

Me thinks practising true federation (in the Nigerian context) is just a way of over looking the issue and pretending that we dont have a problem.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by keba(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
igboitalo:

so that child kidnapper is a freedom fighter, freedom from what hausa brutality to child kidnapping and raping women
accuse one of what you know and not what you don't know.
abi the guy rape your sister
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2008
19 state of the north got less than  6 state of the south south in may.

40 million Yorubas get N14,560 billion  while river state get N15,097Billion in may, Including kwara state.

Igbos got  10,431 compare that to akwa ibom state with very very few people of  N8,055Billion

This can not continue. What i purpose is a constitution amendment to allow other state, mostly the northern state  to balance up the financial gap created by derivation. By changing the constitution to allow state to collect taxes ,  the follow taxes directly  not  through the federal inland board(NOWAY), but  through their own state tax board system.  

1 personnal  taxes,
2 Education Tax,
3 . companies income tax,
4 . Value Added Tax,
5 import and excise fees
6  Customs Special levies
7  the FIRS PAYE
8. PTF

This way the north and other state can make up for the wide disparity in revenue. If not in 4 or  5 years the 19 northern state would go into bankruptcy.

http://.com
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by igboitalo: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
Blackcat:

It definitely will end tribalism. The 6 countries could be something like this:

North - All Hausa speaking states including the Tivs .
North Central- All none Hausa speaking states  
East- All Igbo/Ibo speaking States including Delta Igbo's/Ibo's
West- All Yoruba speaking states including Yoruba speaking tribes in Edo/Delta/Kogi States
South - All Efik/ Ibibio speaking states
South South - All Ijaw speaking states including Ijaw speaking tribes in Edo/Delta States

The rest can join which tribe the feel most comfortable with

I totally agree "many nations don't speak one language" but the strongest and the most respected speak one language e.g Each country in Europe speaks one language , upcoming world power China  to name a few. Our culture of dependence might not be completely erased but will change to some extent. It will no more be the north will die in one week without oil or the east give's us a bad name abroad. It will  be every tribe for itself. It will bring competition, it will bring progress.
will the same leaders that lead the yorubas,igbos,hausa, be any different i don't thing so it will still be the same corruption,who is ur connection type of system
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by viclee009: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
What do you expect in a country where nothing works?
The Northern states are right, in the absence of oil, what will be the next bone of contemption?
labeling other Nigerians as parasites is plain wrong because the issue is not the northern states but the mis-management, theft and corruption of the so called Nigeria leaders to say the least.
All nigerians despite our ethnicity must see other Nigerians as our brothers and sisters. We must unite as one because we are all in the same boat.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Uche2nna(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2008
viclee009:

What do you expect in a country where nothing works?
The Northern states are right, in the absence of oil, what will be the next bone of contemption?
labeling other Nigerians as parasites is plain wrong because the issue is not the northern states [b]but the mis-management, theft and corruption of the so called Nigeria leaders to say the least.[/b]All nigerians despite our ethnicity must see other Nigerians as our brothers and sisters. We must unite as one because we are all in the same boat.

The question is " where did the majority of those leaders come from"? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Abuja-kaduna Rail: We’re Excited Buhari Has Commissioned Our Project- PDP / Six University Of Calabar Professors Join APC Over Vice Chancellor Contest / Nabena: Lai Mohammed, Gang Will Be Exposed. Whatever He Says Is Considered A Lie

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.