Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52156 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ladiva49(f): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Till you prove this with bible reference, I will stick to Heb2V 5and7
bobo,incase you werent tot,the bible referd to us as gods,yea! I am a god in the likeness of my father,the bigger God so weda you acept or not,angels are our messengers,meant to pass info,bear prayers and bring answres btn gods and GOD.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by jamngr84(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Well the bible says "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I The Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments" (Exodus 20:4-6 KJV)"
Na bible write am no be me
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alobright1010: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
God never accept bowing down to any crafted image of whatsoever he condemned it outrightly,if none of you has seen it in the bible I myself has seen it.I follow what is writing in the Bible not a certain church doctrine,it's about time we open our mind and reason well.because at the end the church doctrine will never save you from the judgement of God.if you are bowing down to any crafted imagine my dear I am sorry to tell you that you are going against the commandment of God and Mary whom you committed the sin will never be held responsible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
laplace19:

Bro,we are greater than the angels for those that are faithful to God.

Has an angel be tried with temptation in heaven?......but here on earth we are faced with a lot of temptations and challenges of which most born again overcome.......

Angels are not tried in heaven,no challenges,no distractions....they are just there praising God and serving as messengers.....

If most of us can withstand all these temptations here on earth then are we not more than the angels?
Na wao I thought you guys say you read the bible more yet you tell me stories here without a single bible proof.

We are tempted here angels are not and all these crinkum crankum.
Just give me a bible verse that says we are greater than angels "now"

Is that too much to ask?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JayneStephanie: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: nice definition by oxford. And u still honour ur mum and dad. Is that not worship too? I know ur hypocritical nature wont allow u to answer this. *grin*

I can answer it for him. Going by his definition, people honor their mum and dad, not worship them. Cos i'm yet to see somebody that gathers his friends together and they start saying things like "Holy Father Mr. Tony, pray for us...

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ChykG(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2013
If d reason u catholic worship Mary is because an angel called him blessed then u should also worship Abraham because God himself(not an angel) called Abraham blessed. Gen 12:2
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Ladiva49: bobo,incase you werent tot,the bible referd to us as gods,yea! I am a god in the likeness of my father,the bigger God so weda you acept or not,angels are our messengers,meant to pass info,bear prayers and bring answres btn gods and GOD.
So because we are gods, we are greater than angels? What about the gods your forefathers worshipped are they greater than angels too?

Just give me a bible verse that says we are greater than angels 'now'
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ladiva49(f): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2013
eagle,eye:

My brother I tire for these so called Pentecostal Christains ohh...... they aree always fighting the Mother Church.
Why not do your thing and allow God Almighty to be the Judge on the Last Day.
thats y i tire for the op o. Wetin concern us concern bitter truth about mary# very funy topic i must say# op,run your race the way u want it,serve,worship or honour any human being or spirit you like and leave jugdement to God. We are al jus here making a big FOOL out of ourslfs, i wonder what an unbeliever or muslim wud think of seeing this tread# look at this foolish pple dey cant evn agree on one thing# hw dn are we sopose to win souls to God when we are divided....i attend a new generation church and derein av found the truth that has lead me to salvation,the truth that i believe would take me to the end of this race,if u found urs in a catholic church,fine serve God dre and LETS STOP EXPOSING OUR DIVISION TO THE PREYING EYES OF THOSE SEEKING OUR DOWNFALL AS CHRISTIANS in other words lets stp washn our dirty linen outside. We are al one body in christ! Am a proud christian

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: The trinity is God the father,Jesus the son and the holy spirit,he said me and my father are 1 and with christain understanding the trinity is 1 cos the work hand-in-hand, my question why dont catholics refer to the Holy spirit as God or why cant you call Jesus as holy spirit? Or tell me mary is the mother of the holy spirit? dont be confused dude,the Father in Heaven is Different to Jesus and Jesus is diff from the Holy spirit
We have,
God the Father
God the Son, and
God the Holy Spirit.
Please have an open mind and you will learn. But your bias against the Blessed Virgin Mary will not allow that.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
@Sal c read Hebrew 1:1-14
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lordibem(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
this protestants, atimes i wonder the level of una intelligency. Go and read about the trinity, God the father, son and holy ghost. Just look at how you people reason; if you humans adore and woship presidents mother or wife, even governors wife them and mothers, how much more the mother of God. Though catholics dont worship mary, but even we do, take it or leave it, she deserves more than that. You can go and huge the wheel of a moving train!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Wsdm: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2013
uchez2:

Do u believe in Holy Trinity? If u do then u will know why Jesus is God.
That will be very fantastic of BBC who claimed that Jesus could be a Nigerian. Going by your assertion, God is a Nigerian then.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by 44: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Let us start 4rm d begining, Genesis1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
Who do U think God is referring 2?

Matthew 11:11, Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding, he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Wit what criterion do U think Jesus pronounced this?
For who think they r greater than Angels. See also Heb 2:7.

Luke 1:48, For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
"All generations shall call her blessed". R U part of that generation? Do U call her blessed?

John 2:4, Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come.
Y do U think Jesus did what Mary asked, even when his time has not come? Do U think he would ve done that if another had asked? Y did Jesus do it? Jesus broke protocols for his mother. Now what do U call that?

Also look up John 19:26-28. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Note, after that saying, all things were now accomplished. Jesus started with his mother and He ended with her.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by tiwasiaife(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
ewu who compilled the bible u claim to be using? Hv u askd urself how did the bible came to be.? Lastly do u knw what scroll is and who is keeping those scrolls?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by joeekuns(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Oh I thought Heb2V7 said God made us for a while lower than the angels.

Don't be too fast, you are only going to be greater than the angels in the world to come.

For now, they are greater than you.

My broda don't get your understanding of the bible twisted...study and understand the bible before your make statements that are untrue and questionable and possibly cause degradeable situations. Now your bible reference Heb2v7 was talking about our lord Jesus christ and not human beings or when did humans become the "Son of Man"
Please read the whole bible and stop picking verses that suit you thereby misleading people of little understanding.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2013
Neatboy: There's one fact about Christianity that so many people don't understand. Every denomination is fulfilling a ministry in this world. There is alot of Christian cultures that the catholic church is helping to preserve. And if not for the Catholic church Christianity would have been totally americanized. And if not for this new generation churches Catholic church would have been so archaic and too ancient. My parents are not Catholics but I am a Catholic. What most Christians don't know is that the Holy Spirit still dwells both in the Catholic Church and in other good Pentecostal churches. I am not here to criticize any denomination, but I am here to tell us that we are all one body (church) and Jesus is the head. I know of a Pentecostal pastor that always browses through the Catholic archive for research all the time. It is high time we started seeing each other as one, doctrine apart. I think critically and I study the bible. I am a charismatic member of the Catholic church and I also attend Dominion City at times, I have never seen a Catholic worshipping Mary or any statue. Praying infront of an object is entirely different from praying to the object. Afterall, anything can be an object. Even in heaven we have objects--read Revelation. Even when you face the wall and pray it is still an object. Moreover, churches this days have altars. Mary is a saint because she is the only woman mention in the bible that was in the upper room with Jesus' disciples when the Holy Spirit came, that means she also preached and spoke in tongues. And we all know that our mother has alot of role to play in our life, even Jesus' first miracle was highly influenced by his mother. If it was possible for his mother to have little influence on him on earth will heaven be exceptional? I believe it is ok for we to ask the physically dead but spiritually alive to pray for the living to the Son who is our Great intercessor. At his dying moment on the cross, he (Jesus) looked down and saw his mother and John. He said "mother behold thy son and son behold thy mother." It is crystal clear that John was not Mary's biological son. But the fact is that John represented the other disciples which made up the church and Mary represented the mother of the church while Jesus is the head (father) of the church. Let us tell ourselves the truth. Even the idea and mystery of the Holy Trinity was developed in the Catholic church and inspired by the Holy Spirit which most Christian churches have adopted. My brother, the list is endless...
A very good point!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alobright1010: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: nice definition by oxford. And u still honour ur mum and dad. Is that not worship too? I know ur hypocritical nature wont allow u to answer this. *grin*
God condemned bowing down to any crafted image wether for Mary or Jesus wether in honor or in worship,the earlier you know this simple and gospel truth the better for you.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2013
beatsbug: NO NO NO NO, Jesus is Lord, not GOD. this catholics are soooo f++ked.....lmao!!!
Read Heb 1V8 bro
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alobright1010: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2013
DEGREE2466: 1. JESUS IS GOD

2. MARY IF THE MOTHER OF GOD

3. WE HONOUR AND NOT WORSHIP MARY

4. BELIEVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
God condemned bowing down to any crafted image wether for Mary or Jesus wether in honor or in worship,the earlier you know this simple and gospel truth the better for you.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by PedroAmada(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2013
anybody can form a church and call himself a pastor or rev. But Catholics are such a wonderful people and I so respect and admire them. St Peter in the Bible who was Jesus appointed leader of the rest 12 Apostles. From Peter to the present Pope there has being an unbroken successions of Popes... Catholic is the symbol of Christiandom and all its denominations
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2013
joe_ekuns:

My broda don't get your understanding of the bible twisted...study and understand the bible before your make statements that are untrue and questionable and possibly cause degradeable situations. Now your bible reference Heb2v7 was talking about our lord Jesus christ and not human beings or when did humans become the "Son of Man"
Please read the whole bible and stop picking verses that suit you thereby misleading people of little understanding.
Did you read Heb2 at all?
V6 clearly state he it was refering to human beings.
V7 made use of "THEM" not son man.
Even to V8
Read again bro you are mistaken.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Matildachinyere(f): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2013
we are higher dan d angels because we are d combination of flesh and spirit, dats y we send dem to accomplish our request. Am new here o, dis is my first tym so pls don't yab me cheesy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2013
Jayne-Stephanie:

I can answer it for him. Going by his definition, people honor their mum and dad, not worship them. Cos i'm yet to see somebody that gathers his friends together and they start saying things like "Holy Father Mr. Tony, pray for us...
ahaa *bursted* shebi i was the one that called Angel Gabriel that he shuld go and say hail Mary, full of grace. Errmmm, u dnt nid to sing holy tony pray 4 us 'cos it's the same tin wen u tell ur mum to pray 4 u while traveling. Hehe...
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alobright1010: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2013
Boyoorisha:

...the word was made flesh and dwell among us...God is the word....God(the word) came to the world through Mary...Mary is the mother of God...All generations shall call her blessed(may be you are not part of the generations)...We honour marry and worship God the father, the son and the holy spirit. Case closed
is only ignorant that made you to honor Mary By bowing down to a crafted imagine which you and I know very well that God himself condemned it
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by naijafury: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Emusan:

Just a question pls
What will happen to those who didn't honour Mary?

They can "Go and Die". grin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alobright1010: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2013
chincent: Exodus 20 vs 4 to 5,
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,...........
This part of Ten commandment is not in Catholic ten commandment that we are thought, why was it omitted? Why will someone be praying and you knee down in front of statue which is an image and you think God is happy with you? I Am GOING TO OPEN THREAD ON THIS ISSUEM
Can any Legionary member in Catholic church that is in this forum tell me what they do on a special occasion they call LEGiON PROMISE?
They hide it because they clearly want to mislead people of little faith with that,some people believe in a certain father than the Bible itself which is very very wrong

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Dave008(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
[color=]
fijiano202: even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
[/color]
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Dave008(m): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Try nd read John1 vs 1-3. God is a spirit nd shouldn't be taken in d form of man being flesh
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by noblementor: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2013
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and fail to notice the plank in your own? (Luke 6:41,42; 18:11)
God knows his people!!
Please, let Catholics be. God bless.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by PastorAji(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2013
Mary Mary Mary............... that's the core reason why I left the Catholic Church grin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2013
Matildachinyere: we are higher dan d angels because we are d combination of flesh and spirit, dats y we send dem to accomplish our request. Am new here o, dis is my first tym so pls don't yab me cheesy
If anybody yab you just tell me make i give am knock for headgrin

to your view, our flesh even made us lower than the angels who are purely spirit beingswink
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly No Bible on earth said God told marry she will be blessed in all generation,Mary was just singing.Secondly am still trying to get the actual verse that Jesus said to mary and john,meet ur mother and son meet ur mother,Do you know even Jesus refer to mary as that Woman
you are telling lies. When did Jesus reffered His mother as that woman. Mary who gave birth to Jesus Christ by the incarnate of the Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.