Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52265 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ogbronx(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2013
let me start by telling you op that i was a catholic and there is nothing new here. leaving the church wasnt easy and finding one who isnt polluted and economical with the truth is hard- God ll help me.
The book of revelation u qouted is a dangerous place to go. Do u know that the woman could be symbol for Israel? Go see the flag of israel.
For me, i ve come to knw that God wants us to worship him in truth and spirit cos He is Spirit. location and church means nothing. He knew the end frm the beginning and saw how false doctrines and pastors would arise but promise still to give salvation to members who heed but punish fake pastors or teachers.
Catholics do worship Marry, they call it honour but really dont knw where to draw the line between honour and worship.
We all ve to be careful in this last hours bcoa satan is smart. lets Study the Bible for by ourselves under the guide of the Holy Spirit that reveals all truth to us.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by spotmataz: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC.

@OP making a point does not warrant calling ppl fools especially when buttressing ur facts with Jesus Christ as The example. No matter the mysterious teachings u speak about it must be solely on the Word of God and the Word does not support or teach us to address other as such, as a matter of fact the consequeses are clearly stated.

Jesus explained quite alright even over and over but he didn't call them fools.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by chincent: 9:28am On Dec 17, 2013
Exodus 20 vs 4 to 5,
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,...........
This part of Ten commandment is not in Catholic ten commandment that we are thought, why was it omitted? Why will someone be praying and you knee down in front of statue which is an image and you think God is happy with you? I Am GOING TO OPEN THREAD ON THIS ISSUEM
Can any Legionary member in Catholic church that is in this forum tell me what they do on a special occasion they call LEGiON PROMISE?

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: I gave bible verses to prove my point.

Give me the one that said we are greater than angels "now"
Don't mind them.... that is how they go about decieving the gullibles.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Crystal3214: it stil amazes me dat in dis century som pple dnt knw dey re greater than d angels.anyway sha d angels re d servants of God nd we re his sons nd daughters so pls be sure of wat u write b4 postin
Till you prove this with bible reference, I will stick to Heb2V 5and7
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2013
ogbronx: let me start by telling you op that i was a catholic and there is nothing new here. leaving the church wasnt easy and finding one who isnt polluted and economical with the truth is hard- God ll help me.
The book of revelation u qouted is a dangerous place to go. Do u know that the woman could be symbol for Israel? Go see the flag of israel.
For me, i ve come to knw that God wants us to worship him in truth and spirit cos He is Spirit. location and church means nothing. He knew the end frm the beginning and saw how false doctrines and pastors would arise but promise still to give salvation to members who heed but punish fake pastors or teachers.
Catholics do worship Marry, they call it honour but really dont knw where to draw the line between honour and worship.
We all ve to be careful in this last hours bcoa satan is smart. lets Study the Bible for by ourselves under the guide of the Holy Spirit that reveals all truth to us.
Give me the English definition of the two words Honour and Worship. Maybe we should start from there.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Till you prove this with bible reference, I will stick to Heb2V 5and7
And Mathew 11:11
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by xyuche: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2013
great insight
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2013
victorlexa: nd I also wonder y d church accepts gay marriages nd odas... U wud always hear of gay ppl doin dia weddings der
Please give me just one instance of gay marriage in the Catholic church.

Do you even know that some anglicans returned to the Catholic church because they were against gay marriage in their church?
Don't lie if you are truly a christian.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by hsquare79: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2013
Why all these debate?
Our focus should be how we can reign with God at the end our journey on this planet. Enough is enough.

if trumpet should sound today can you go with Him. we should be careful of what we say.
God bless you all.
Ammen

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2013
chincent: Exodus 20 vs 4 to 5,
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,...........
This part of Ten commandment is not in Catholic ten commandment that we are thought, why was it omitted? Why will someone be praying and you knee down in front of statue which is an image and you think God is happy with you? I Am GOING TO OPEN THREAD ON THIS ISSUEM
Can any Legionary member in Catholic church that is in this forum tell me what they do on a special occasion they call LEGiON PROMISE?
are you sure that you have ever attended a Cathecism Class? Smh
And who says that Catholics bow down to images?
Please if you must know, Catholics genefulet or bow when they enter the church because the Blessed Sacrement is there.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2013
christians are fighting chriastians .....lobatan....
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
I.cud.kill:

And d angels wer created in the image of sheep abi?
Arrant rawbitch
Let us make angel man in our own image
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by CGKing(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
“You shall have no other gods before me.
“You shall not make for yourself [b]a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, [/b]or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

God no send una message. Honour God and His Son Jesus Christ. Leave Mary alone.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by hsquare79: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2013
azeezlateefah: christians are fighting chriastians .....lobatan....

it shows how foolish some people are.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2013
See what's trending........ US BLAST MARIAH CAREY FOR COMING TO NIGERIA https://www.nairaland.com/1557844/us-blast-mariah-carey-performing#1557844.8
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Please give me just one instance of gay marriage in the Catholic church.

Do you even know that some anglicans returned to the Catholic church to because they were against gay marriage in their church?
Don't lie if you are truly a christian.
My brother I tire for these so called Pentecostal Christains ohh...... they aree always fighting the Mother Church.
Why not do your thing and allow God Almighty to be the Judge on the Last Day.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2013
thepo:

You tried a bit with your answer but here is d bible passage to further explain. Psalm 8:5 says God made man a little lower than angels(kjv) but the angel(hebrew) mentioned there originally in hebrew is elohim which is God. But d writer could not comprehend the power God bestowed on man. So David said God made man a lil lower than angels. You are greater than any angel. They are supposed to run errands for you because they are ministering spirits.
Throw more light here, it seems you are contradicting yourself.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ogbronx(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2013
eagle,eye:

Give me the English definition of the two words Honour and Worship. Maybe we should start from there.
Am not here for IQ test or argument of scriptures . Until we ll be made perfect by God as promised, we are fallible so the best thing i have done while writing this is pray for God‘s Holy Spirit on us all.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2013
chincent: Exodus 20 vs 4 to 5,

EVEN THE QURAN ALSO SAID WE SHOULD NEVER BOW OR KNEE DOWN FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT GOD .....CATHOLICS OPEN UR EYES.WISE UP...INSHA ALLAH
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2013
femi4: Let us make angel man in our own image

You all are quick to pull out the Old Testament Texts whenever it suits your fancy. But you will discard it at other times, when it doesn't.
Smh. Read Mathew 11:11.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2013
@Fijiano
I agree wit u dat humans are higher than angels. But I am highly disappointed @ ur reply with the words, "I am highly disappointed with the way catholics interprete the bible".
Firstly, I want to inform you that the bible originated from the catholic church. The catholic church is the oldest institute in the world without a human founder (Jesus is the founder). You cannot claim that u kw d bible more dan catholics do as this church had scholars that analysed the bible before the protestants broke away and accepted only a few teachings from the church. We have seen and heard in the church.
For ur info, the Catholic church teaches that Jesus is the way, truth and life and no one goes to God except tru Jesus.
Catholics do not worship Mary. Jesus is God and asking Mary to intercede for our sins through her Son Jesus to God is no offence. I can also ask you to pray for me. Mary is a spirit and we are also spirits. A spirit can communicate with a spirit.
We donot worship Mary but honour her for the role she played in my salvation and urs by denying herself pleasures and passing through pains with her Son to save us from sin. An Idol is an object of worship but we donot worsip Mary except God but I thank U mother for accepting to bear Jesus for mY salvation.
Lastly and for ur info, Mary was a virgin before and after the birth of Jesus. The bible made mention of Jesus's brothers. This brother means relatives as there was no word 4 cousins, uncle, aunty, or watever even in ur language. The church that started from time tells you what it witnessed and you who came up in the 16th century or even less than 100 yrs of establishment is doubting.
In summary, the catholic church is the one holy, universal and apostolic church of Christ. Apostolic because it is the only church that can be traced in an unbroken line of succession down to Peter (the first pope and head of the church).
Thanks.But remember that "I love you".

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lordibem(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2013
OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given. You are a complete fool and the highest ignorant and confused mumu that ever existed. Just keep your toilet mouth close and dont say what you dont know!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by joeekuns(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot:
Firstly, Jesus reffered himself as the Son of God. So the Son is the same as the Father.
Jesus said, "I am in my Father and My Father in Me."
For Example.
Your name is Emmanuel James and your father's name is Emmanuel Ben.
If you wants to be addressed, you will be addressed as Mr. Emmanuel.

My broda even if you and your father answer the same name you would be addressed as junior...so dnt get it mixed up.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2013
ogbronx: Am not here for IQ test or argument of scriptures . Until we ll be made perfect by God as promised, we are fallible so the best thing i have done while writing this is pray for God‘s Holy Spirit on us all.
Then focus on what you know and stop making statements that leads to arguement.
Shallom.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lordibem(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
You are a complete fool and the highest ignorant and confused mumu that ever existed. Just keep your toilet mouth close and dont say what you dont know!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JayneStephanie: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2013
swazee: ur getting it wrong .....in at dat tym there was no exact words and interpretations for relations as cousin anty nephew uncle in law an stuff like dat so brother and sister was like the generic term for relation ....Jesus also said any one dat do the will of my father is my brother and sister .........

Jesus myt have said dat anybody dat does d will of his father is his brother or sister...but those people of whom dey're are referring to as saying "are those not his brothers and sisters and mother..." did not even believe in his being d son of God and being sent by God...so they couldnt have been talking about the people that does the will of his father. In otherwords, that doesnt prove he had no brothers and sisters...
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by decision01: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
i'm pissed cos of your iq level..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by paulworld(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Make una take am easy b4 God go vex with us all

MayGod forgive us all brethren let me see a like somewhere
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Fellow Christains pls Join me in singing this Wonderful song- I WILL NEVER WORSHIP MAN-MADE god MAN MADE god,I WILL NEVER WORSHIP MAN-MADE god MAN MADE god note: ''man-made'' god is a statue been worship which was made by humans like mary statue and ''man made'' means worshipping ur pastor or someone dead or alive like G.O's,mummy G.O's,Mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by phatasschick(f): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote
author=foleyx]angel gabrel said mary was "full of grace" and grace from
the biblical perspective means an unmerited favour. back then mary was
not the only virgin around, the only reason she was chosen was because
of her blood line, if honour of Jesus' birth is to be given to anyone it
should be david. mary received the Holy spirit just like all the other
belivers and there is a part in bible where Jesus was told that his
mother and brother was waiting 4 him outside and Jesus told them that
only those that follow his words are his mother and brother. these are
the real bitter truth about mary [/quote] but u forgot to rembr dat he tld us in d cross bfor he died dat we shuld take her as our mother wen he said to john his belovd disciple son behold thy mother and said to her woman behold thy son , and frm dat moment john took her in as his mother. My questn to u now is are u a belovet of jesus? If yes den obey d last command he gave bfor he died.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: guy Catholies are dwelling on a long thing...Jesus no appear to you all,all the twelve diciples no Appear to u all,them Elijah,Moses no appear to u all,you are seeing Mary and u think shes from God,i pity u all.Satan dey use Mary image deceive una .All Catholies should try to read book of HEBREWS
What happened to the book of Hebrews

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.