Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,307 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52278 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ground zero: Dear Pastor,let's stop talking with full ignorance and talk academics here with facts. The catholic church is over 300years older than the bible we all read today. The catholic church gave the world the book that is called the bible. It was at the last council of Cathage held in 418AD presided over St.Augustine that Pope Gregory signed these compilations of books into law and from thence henceforth,it became a Christain archive.

When Martin Luther King,the father of Penticostalism,a German,that formed The Lutherian Church,felt the holy spirit was upon him,he altered some versions and books in the complete bible. He argued mathematically(stupidly) that the Glory of God had departed from Israel as of the time he calculated with his miniature brains the books of Meccabees,Tobith etc was written. He sited the birth of Eckabod in the bible,that means the Glory of God had departed from Israel. The scripture said of God,My spirit shall Never depart from you,o Israel until the end of time. To cut this long story short,When Martin Luther King wanted to die,while on his dying bed,he made a remark that was in record ..OH,MY GOD,FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE MISLEAD MANY. These were men that twisted the word of the scripture to suite their life styles. They omitted the Purgatory aspect of the Bible and many other things. That is why when people especially some of these uninformed pastors and their ardent followers say things like The Catholics don't read the bible,I wonder their level of ignorance. Or when they say THESE ONE IS A CATHOLIC BILBLE. I laugh at such wave of ignorance. Both the bible your pastors use in the church and the one you put under your pillow are Catholic product. It was St.Jerome of the Catholic extraction that compiled the bible from Genesis unto Revelation and Guthenberg,the German Printer,printed the bible in his factory,a Catholic. So,I wonder,who is the greatest and who understands the bible better? The builder or the house built?

Many good number of these Protestant church's doesn't even know the origin of these things they read and call bible. It took the Mother church over 300years to compile,edit,proof read,harness,omit and suggest before we signed into law and today you can boost that St.Paul said this and Timothy and Revelation said these and that without even knowing who took sleepless nights to bring these together.

Finally,Jesus Christ is God. For the sake of clarity,God is not a Name. It's an office these Supreme beings occupy. That's the English word that many of us don't understand. When you say THE PRESIDENCY SAID....It's either Ruben Abati,Pius Anyim,Arch Namadi Sambo etc. that's the office they occupy.The Presidency. The God persons are enclaved in the word.. THE BLESSED TRINITY. THREE IN ONE GOD. A mystery that is beyond your comprehension. For instance,a man begets a man. A lion begets a lion. My names is not a man. My Dad begot me. My Dad is a man and begot me,a man. My own name is Nonso. God begets a God. His name is Jesus. The personality they assume is called God just as the personality we assume is called humans. Ok now,more clearly put,am an Igbo man. The word,God, in my dialect spells CHINEKE. It means The CREATOR. Did Jesus not creat together with God the Father? He did...let's creat man in our image after our own likeness. The scripture all said of Christ THERE WAS NOTHING CREATED THAT WAS NOT CREATED THROUGH HIM. If through him all things were created,then he is a creator in it's entirety and hence,CHINEKE comes to pre-intimacy. I don't know your local names you call God. You can go through it and see.

So,the word God,doesnt mean a name. It's just an office they occupy and Christ and the holy Spirit occupy these office. However,there are three distinctive aspect to their personalities. God the Father is the greatest. God the Son(Jesus) is co-eternal with the Father,co-Majesty with the Father but not Co-equal with the Father. That's the simple analogy. That's why we call the former,Father and the later,Son. It means you can Majestically worship Christ because He is God..Co-Majesty. They are co-eternal because Christ will live forever as God...Co-eternal but they are not Co-equal because one is Father and the other Son.

I rest my case.

baba tuale
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vascey(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Luke 1V48 said "all generations will call her blessed"

All generation did not start and end within the nine months span of her pregnancy,

It's just amazing how people have chosen to be blind about Mother Mary.

All the verses are contained in their bible too.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by sylvok: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
nwajoshua: Shut d Bleep up,,,you are blunt,blind,decieved,and inflated with false doctrine,,,mary was a vessel used and John said free u recieve and free u shall give...mary recieved d grace free of charge not of any effort of her own, afterall she already had a fiancee Joseph, although not like fiancee of nawadays, and later she got married and had children...if u say No.. wot do married pple do? They tie there hands and look at each other,, we are not made to honour marry instead d Bible said Honour d lord thy God...Mary is an Icon in d Bible but not to be moulded and honour, rember God is a jelous God.. Mary has been used to do a marvelous wk and God shuld be praised not mary,, are u mad ....sory.... pls be guided
But you should honour tithe more than anything according to your pastor? If your pastor don't use these excuses on you they won't be able to get followers they will use to make money. If the issue of Mary has to do with making money, pastors would have defended it with every twist to ensure steady stream of income. Let the Catholics be they are better than Pentecostals as far as am concern.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
femi4: Where in Mat 11 did God created Angels in his image?

Heb 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Jesus had to surrender his will, might and attributes just to save mankind.

Does that mean Angels are above Jesus too? No!
The moment Jesus took flesh and became man, he was lower than the angels but the moment he defeated death and ascended to take back his glory, he became a complete spirit being again and greater than the angels.

When we too become family of God in the world to come, being completely transformed, we become higher than the angels and even judge the angels.

But now we are still flesh and blood running the race to be crowned later, we are still. In that state where we are lower than the angels.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by God1stson(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=JENMAUCY]Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt i

On point,whata about Rev:12 vs 17
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Yungbitz(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....
what else did u expect d angel to tel her?? Dat she was cursed 4 being d 1 2give birth to Jesus Every1 ws 1ce a virgin and jst lik every oda adult mary had a husband and equally gave birth to oda children afta Jesus...so if i make an image of jesus' father and genuflect,am stil rite and worshipin God?....
Lastly u av no idea hw mary look lik so dat tin u are genuflectin to is certainly nt mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Oyebee5(f): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
@op,ur indirectly telln us dat d essnc of ur religion is honourin mary..mary a mortal,dat receivd favour honour 4rm God...she was a vessel dat was used 2 brng d human jesus...n am sure dat any1 cn b used by God....so ma qus is y den are u layn so much cliam on honourin mary n 4getn abt God?..all glory,honour,worshp n adoration mst b given 2 God nt mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by God1stson(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ladiva49: bobo,incase you werent tot,the bible referd to us as gods,yea! I am a god in the likeness of my father,the bigger God so weda you acept or not,angels are our messengers,meant to pass info,bear prayers and bring answres btn gods and GOD.
Ye are gods,but u're lesser than d the angels psalm 8 vs 5
Ladiva49: bobo,incase you werent tot,the bible referd to us as gods,yea! I am a god in the likeness of my father,the bigger God so weda you acept or not,angels are our messengers,meant to pass info,bear prayers and bring answres btn gods and GOD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
dozai:
Now u have lied, ill prove you wrong. I know where u will quote from, but u are wrong[b].Mark 6:3[/b] " Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” and Matthew 13:55 “Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?” The scripture is for all to be read. Pray that the Holy Spirit leads you to the places where the truth will be revealed to you.
In the original Greek the words used are adelphoi (“brethren”) and adelphe(“sisters”). The words adelphoi and adelphe can refer to actual siblings. However,the Bible also uses these words to describe people who are not brothers, but cousins or relatives or step brothers or close neighbors.
Going further..... The scripture described Abraham as Lots brother but in actual LOT was the nephew. Gen. 11:27 “Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; andHaran begat LOT.”

Now let me hit the mace on the head. During the crucifixion, There were three women at the foot of the Cross: 1) the Blessed Virgin Mary (the mother of Jesus); 2) Mary the wife of Cleophas (who is said to be the Blessed Virgin Mary’s sister); and 3) Mary Magdalene.
John 19:25 “Now there stood by the cross of Jesus [1] his mother, and [2] his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and [3] Mary Magdalene.”
Mary, the wife of Cleophas, is also described as “the other Mary” in Matthew 28:1. The Bible tells us that James and Joses are the children of this Mary:
Matthew 27:56 “Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.”
Thus, James and Joses (who are called the “brothers” of Jesus) are not His siblings, but at least His cousins. However, they are probably not even first cousins. This is because Mary of Cleophas (the mother of James and Joses), who is said to be the “sister” of Jesus’ mother (John 19:25), is also named Mary. It’s extremely unlikely that two siblings in a Hebrew family would be given the same name. Most likely they were not sisters, but members of the same clan who were called “sisters” in the same way that James, Joses, Simon [/b]and [b]Judas were called “brothers” of Jesus. All of this shows that none of the statements in the Bible about the brothers and sisters of Jesus disproves, in any way, the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Now we must look at the proof that Mary had no other children and that she was perpetually a virgin.

JOHN 19:26 PROVES THAT MARY HAD NO CHILDREN BESIDES JESUS
While dying on the Cross, Jesus entrusts His mother to the care of St. John the Apostle.
John 19:26-27 “When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple [John] took her to his own.”

Sorry for taking much of your time. But let the right spirit lead you.

menhh av reali learn a lot from dis post ,thnx jare
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Missonas(f): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wonderful write up Macellot.God bless you brother!Mother Dearest whilst I'm still pleading for your powerful intercessions I'm declaring here and now that I won't stop till I cease to be.Amen
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Atmosfear: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
The Mary delusion continues. Her worshipers are rallying to defend her not Jesus.

Chieftaincy title---queen of heaven

sexual status------virgin

transition---------assumed (or assumption!)

This crown no too heavy for the statue head?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: The moment Jesus took flesh and became man, he was lower than the angels but the moment he defeated death and ascended to take back his glory, he became a complete spirit being again and greater than the angels.

When we too become family of God in the world to come, being completely transformed, we become higher than the angels and even judge the angels.

But now we are still flesh and blood running the race to be crowned later, we are still. In that state where we are lower than the angels.
That is where you got it wrong, you don't need to die to operaate in the spirit. That's why he said "ye are gods".
We ve acquired such authority through him.
Paul that did not even see Jesus face to face performed tremendous miracles by keying himself into the Authority

"Whatever you allow on earth shall be allowed in heaven"

Tell me an angel that can say "By my word, there won't be rain for 3 1/2 yrs"

No, wonder, James saidsadJm 5)
17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.

18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
chincent: Exodus 20 vs 4 to 5,
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,...........
This part of Ten commandment is not in Catholic ten commandment that we are thought, why was it omitted? Why will someone be praying and you knee down in front of statue which is an image and you think God is happy with you? I Am GOING TO OPEN THREAD ON THIS ISSUEM
Can any Legionary member in Catholic church that is in this forum tell me what they do on a special occasion they call LEGiON PROMISE?

am a legionary n d legion promise is a promise we make to d holy spirit (not to Mary) to help us in our struggle to bring salvation ( the good news of Jesus ) to d world under the umbrella of our mother Mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by bankyblue(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your womb, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? [b]Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.

young man, point of correction, we human re greater than angels ok read ur BIBLE MORE! HEBREWS 1 VS 4.
and again when u talk about something been mysterious am not that please with it>>>i just pray we all make HEAVEN
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by saintfaculty(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
My Fellow Christians... I urge you guyz to Talk Less and Pray More...

SILVER!!!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ksolo2: 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....
guy cme it z in d byble dat mak no img of me, nd also dz rmanz were d perccutorz of d xtianz nw we av dm as d largst church wt dr own doctrne.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Freddestiny(f): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
I am an UNREPENTANT CATHOLIC if the protestant refuse to accept the BLESSED VIRGIN MARY please it is not by force and seriously for me i dont have the time to start explaining to prostestant who SHE is to the catholics because when we do, they start quoting bible all though we give them quotation from the same bible and they stand on their ground refusing to bulge. So protestant please salvation is personal s

o continue in serving GOD and pray for us catholics since u all feel that we are not on right track and also pray for the holy spirit to direct us and you peopl should concentrate on your church

and do the will of God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by God1stson(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
vislabraye:

Agreed with everything U said except calling the Op a fool.
Mary did not remain a virgin after giving birth to Jesus. She mothered other children. As far as Jesus is concerned, it is those who hear his Word and does it that is his mother or brethren!! QED
[color=#006600][quote author=vislabraye]

Agreed with everything U said except calling the Op a fool.
Mary did not remain a virgin after giving birth to Jesus. She mothered other children. As far as Jesus is coWHAT U SAID IS CONSISTENT WIT REV 12VS 17b "then d dragon was enraged at d woman and went off to make war agaist d rest of HER OFFSPRING -those who obey Gods commandement n hold to the testimony of Jesus.miracles are still happening in catholic church as it happens in protestant churches.God have reasons for making us com 4rm diff religious n biological backgroung.i 'm a catholic but i love RCCG, Christ emb,living faith.if u really undstand d bible u will knw dt we re one b4 God n d yard stick for his approval is agape lov 4 man n GOD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by elbulk(m): 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
Most times we loose focus...For every1 do what works for you as long as you believe its your gateway to God,none is superior to the other,we all seek God and when you do with truth you will find him,so whether or not you use a rosary...seek God the best way you know
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by nattyGENT: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
....If 1 of the 10 commandments says, honour your "sinful father & mother" so that you'll live long, hmm! I wonder what the reward that follows for honouring the Holy Mary, mother of the Saviour of the world & a blessed virgin.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by PrettySpicey(f): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
It really scares me each time I read about these debates concerning the Blessed Virgin Mary because I think to myself: 'here they go again, another way to expose Mary, the Mother of Jesus, Our Lord and God to ridicule, insults and total disregard and dishonour'.
And indeed that is what happens.
It is truly sad and thoughtless of us as Christians to have such little regard for the Mother of Him who we call Lord, God and Saviour.
How do you guys do it? How do you feel doing it? How do you DARE speak so carelessly and thoughtlessly about the Virgin Mary without remembering She is the mother of your Lord and Master?
Have any of you wondered how Jesus feels about this disregard and insults upon His mother? Have you?
How many of you would dare insult GEJ's mother or Obama's mother or even your Pastor's and Church Leader's mothers? How many of you would do so? And continually bring them to ridicule?
And how much comprehension do you really have of God if you truly believe that God would allow His Mother to be so ridiculed and welcome it? And maybe thank you for it?
And again, you honour Prophets of old till tomorrow because you read that God honoured them first. But did you not read of how God honoured Mary - 'Hail, Full of Grace'. The word HAIL is used to salute Kings and Men of honour and valour.
And for those of you who think that God will share the same route He used in coming into this world with any other (saying Mary had other children), you have true no comprehension of who God is.
I want everyone of you to know that you are breaking Jesus' heart by dishonouring His Mother. But He understands because this is a battle set up by Satan.
Think and Think real hard. And if you love Jesus, even if you have no understanding about the place of Mary in our Salvific history, give Her respect because She is the Mother of Jesus, your Lord and God. Do it for him.
No one has yet asked you to pray the Rosary or even show any form of devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, but we as Catholics only ask and teach that She deserves honour and respect for Her role in the Mission of Salvation. A role She is still playing.
Next time you have something nasty to say about Mary, remember you are about to say something nasty about Jesus' Mother.
And if any of you will truly humble their hearts and ask God for enlightenment you might just learn a thing or two about Her.
Finally, no need for panics and fears and fights, trust me, Jesus is not in any way whatsoever threatened by the honour and love accorded to His Mother. He honoured Her first and honours Her above all else.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
femi4: That is where you got it wrong, you don't need to die to operaate in the spirit. That's why he said "ye are gods".
We ve acquired such authority through him.
Paul that did not even see Jesus face to face performed tremendous miracles by keying himself into the Authority

"Whatever you allow on earth shall be allowed in heaven"

Tell me an angel that can say "By my word, there won't be rain for 3 1/2 yrs"

No, wonder, James saidsadJm 5)
17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.

18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
Read V 8 of that chapter to see that when we became higher than the angels all things will also be subjected to us, but the later part of that verse made it clear that we are not incharge of everything yet.

Therefore we are not greater than the angels yet. Verse 5 made it clear that that portion is talking about the world to come.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
bankyblue:

young man, point of correction, we human re greater than angels ok read ur BIBLE MORE! HEBREWS 1 VS 4.
and again when u talk about something been mysterious am not that please with it>>>i just pray we all make HEAVEN
Heb 1V4 was talking about Jesus not you dear.

Read again.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vanvino(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
when i say dat d One Problem with Christianity is d subjective interpretetion of d Bible....& dat d Bible is contradictory, i get so many attack, if u are 2sit & Analys it, many Will say dont read or Analyz D Bible 4rm human perspective fine, my question: our we Animal, Robot or Spirit, wat is our Brain/Mind meant 4? If we are 2follow it Blinely/Faith, oh yes i get it, let d Spirit interprete, yes bt there are Bad/evil &good/God, Spirit, they are all Spirit, how do u knw dat d interpretation u hav now is 4rm God, Devil, or ur conscience/Mind...most of u are Right in ur point of View Supported by Bible Passages, bt d Contradiction are Theire...look at Qur'an, since its Original form in Arabic is still there & potray diract & same Massage, in our own case,can we say d same wit all dis diff king James & Queen James Translation?....followd by diff partan/typs of Churches?..we need help, if nt Naitive Doctor may even mk Heaven while we ar here celebrating church Buildings
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by babsalux09(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Why are you people fighting over imaginary friends and stories in a book written by Jewish cave men?

You all need to repent from your ways and realise God does not exist

and how do you come into existence?,and if you are gonna talk about a source...what created that source?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Malawian(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
for those saying that Mother Mary had other children after Christ, i want to ask a question: why did Christ need a surrogate to take care of His mother when he was about to give up His Spirit on the cross?

also, do you realize there is no separate word for "cousins" in the Hebrew language? that the same word used for "brothers" is also used for "cousins"

what happened to the rest of "Christ's siblings" ? why couldn't they take care of their "mother" in the absence of Christ?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Cnachy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nso-nso:
@ fijiano202
Pls dear where is it written in d bible dat u are greater than d angels?
Its written in the book of Hebrews 2:5-16. Read it.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
Matthew 13: 53-56 >>

"(53) Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed from there.

(54) When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, "Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works?

(55) "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And HIS BROTHERS JAMES, JOSES, SIMON AND JUDAS?

(56) "AND HIS SISTERS, ARE THEY NOT ALL WITH US? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (GoodNews Bible)

MY POINT >>

Since Mary had other children with Joseph, through sexual-intercourse, would it be reasonable to continue calling her a virgin? Capital NO! Mark 3: 31 - 35 also made reference to his brothers.

Concerning the issue of Mary being the mother of God >>

Hebrews 2: 14 & 17 "Since all the children share the same blood and flesh, he too shared equally in it . . . It was essential that he should in this way become completely like his brothers." Would Jesus have been "completely like his brothers" if he had been a God-man while on earth?

The belief of the "Mary the Mother of God" thing according to the Catholics would be true if two conditions are fulfilled: that she is really the mother of Jesus and that Jesus is really God. The Bible did say that Mary was the mother of Jesus, but did it say that Jesus is God Almighty (Isaiah 43: 10. . .)? Note that the expression "Mother of God" didn't even occur in the Bible (perhaps, yours may be paraphrased)

Concerning the "Holy Mary" thingy >> Romans 5: 12 says "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, an thus death spread to all men, because ALL SINNED" Mary inherited sin and imperfection from Adam therefore she's a sinner just like you and I therefore calling her holy is blasphamey, take it or TAKE IT.

Concerning prayers addressed to Mary >> John 14: 14. . .

Addition >> Mary humbly accepted Jesus' correction at John 2: 3 & 4, would it have made sense for a God to correct his mother? No!. . . .

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by 49cents(m): 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
First of all I don't like the title of this thread: "Bitter Truth" I understand where the OP is coming from but my dear that phrase sounds as if you wanna force something unpleasant down another's throat

I still find it tragic and sad that people allow the writings and mere words of their religious leaders to make them stop the application of reason and commonsense in living out their God-given religious impulse when they can search on their own and verify things for themselves

I can't understand why many who say that have an encounter Jesus still feel upset that His mother is being highly regarded; it only tells me how inadequate your Christian experience still is!

If Christ is a daily experience for you then you won't have only high esteem for the Mother of Christ but all the great cloud of witnesses that have come to belief in the fact that that "Mystery" that made and sustains creation, that whom we call God, intervened in human history, in the Person of the man, Jesus of Nazareth!

The issues I see here is a confusion of Faith, some posters objecting that Mary cannot be addressed as the Mother of God because Jesus himself is not God!!!
Sorry sir you are not a Christian o!

Christianity is not a religion of the book because Christianity (which is basically hinged on that God became Man in the person of Jesis, ultimately revealing Himself to Mankind as a fulfilment of His revelation with the Jewish people) is not about quoting and quoting scripture and end up confusing yourself and having no true faith in Jesus as God's revelation to Man; Did Peter quote the bible to convince anybody about the Messianic Mission of Jesus, definitely in trying to point out to his jewish contemporaries he quoted the Torah, Peter only announced what he has encountered; even Jesus did the same when He quoted the Prophet Isiah when He declared that "the Spirit of the Lord was upon me and He has sent me to bring Liberation to prisoners....."

The Truth about Jesus is communicated from person to person through the Working of the Holy Spirit, not by arguments and logic!
I risk deviating from the issue of this thread so I stop here!

Mary is a believer in the Divinity of her own Son, whom she took care of as any mother would take care of her baby; that Woman saw so many things that many of us did not and still run our mouths without a thought! Things that made her "pomder in her heart" as the gospels put it

As each of us are born to fulfil a task in this world, her task was extra-extra special thus God prepared her exceptionally to conceive, bear and nurture Christ, the Son Of God, True God from God, Light from Light, con-substantial with the Father, not made, He who through all things were made; yet she had the freewill to say No to the great call of God on her life and she said Yes, with all the humility she could muster: "Behold the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done to me according to thy word" and thus gave the world its Redeemer!"

Mary was not a surrogate mother and baby-sitter to Jesus, She is a woman of great Faith who, Elizabeth praised by saying "Blessed are you who believed that what the Lord promised you would come to pass". And sharp-sharp this gorgeous woman would re-direct honour to God when she said "My soul glorifies the Lord who has done great things for me, my spirit rejoices in the Lord my Saviour".......and she even foretold that under the unction of the Holy Spirit " that all Generations shall call me blessed" .....if you wish keep on resisting the Spirit by not acknowledging and honouring the Mother of the Redeemer!!!

It was at an Owambe at Cana, when the drinks ran out suddenly, Through her absolute Faith in her Son, she even "compelled" Jesus to work His very first Miracle which signalled the beginning Jesus' Messianic Ministry!

A mysterious dialogue would ensue between Jesus and His Mother, for a moment we thought Christ would ignore her request appearing so banal but she went ahead and told the servants to 'do whatever he tells you" (note the confidence, she knows her Son would never refuse her nothing!!!)

Later Six stone jars were filled with water by the stewards at Jesus' command and the water blushed at His command into premium wine......

If you truly know Jesus as the Love of your life and as the Light of your world, if you know Him as the Joy of your heart and as that presence that completes and fulfils your human structure for happiness and freedom you would not be able not to regard and thank not only Mary for saying Yes to God, you would salute her great courage for risking her life of being stoned to death for concieving outside wedlock and her trust that God will take control

Christianity is not about buying Jeep and shouting praaaaaaaaaaaaaise the Looooooord in your church (God blesses all of His children Atheists and all!) or mot dying until you are a 140 years or dealing with witches and casting imaginary demons.....

Can we dare to ask, seek and knock for more?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Cnachy:
Its written in the book of Hebrews 2:5-16. Read it.
That portion said we are lower than the angels, but in the world to come we will be greater than them.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.