Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52277 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
alotofgrace:

have u ever heard a christian named god? nope
a christian named jesus? nope
but we know mary...some mary are nice girls....others are ..i dont know what to call them...but they carry mary as mother MARY that u so honour
in ad...no religion is supreme...just know God spiritual and chemical properties personally.....
smh for u. Is she the only Mary in the bible?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by WhiteNiccur(m): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
#TeamCatholic F#*k yo religion!!!!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by myOGAonTOP: 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony: revelation 12. Indirectly to her sir!
indirectly? Hmmmm. Thats a good one. Very interesting. I would have loved you to explain the CONTEXT of that passage (lets assume am a real novice to the whole thing). Cos other denomination MIGHT interprete the 'woman' as the church (just as they did in song of solomon) Thank you sir
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alotofgrace(m): 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony: smh for u. Is she the only Mary in the bible?

chai....Gos bless thee.... now u can answer this question

oga do u know what sacred means?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by 9jamynation4lyf(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response

Bro, me still think dia are three persons in one God... God the father, God the son (Jesus) and God the holy spirit. If dats the case. Mother Mary is still the mother of God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by peedeeasobie(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
the bible said blessed are u among women not blessed are u above women.
The bible said blessed are u among WOMEN not blessed are u among women and men. read ur bibles well.
The only two people that eulogised Mary in the bible are Elizabeth (a woman) and Angel Gabriel (a messenger).
Angels are not higher than a Christian at all. the church is the body of Christ, if angels are higher than the church than they are higher than Jesus Christ.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Bukingg2: 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
now are you God to judge if is wrong or right coz I still remember that Jesus said don't judge so that you won't be judge. .
Emusan:

@bolded-But what if the choice is wrong in the sight of God? because the will of Man can't prevail against the will of God.

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by emmayoc: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?
My broda Jesus is God. The trinity xplains that they are one. God the father, God the Son and God the holy spirit. But I still think it is clear in that jesus is the only channel to reach God and not pleading to Mary to beg Jesus on our behalf. If we have to first meet mary to beg Jesus to 4give our sins then why did Jesus come to die. Jesus died so that tru him and not mary all men might be saved. Pls undstnd ur bible
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MrAladin: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
My Blessed Mother
queen of Heave
plz intercede on mY behalf
so that i can conquer my worries.

O Mary Conceive Without Sin.

To Learn More About Our Blessed Mother

visit www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=4967
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by daverebranded(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
if the apostles hailed Mary in their ministry, I would....if they held stations of the cross, I would, if they used rosary's I would, if Jesus at the end of in time commanded them to always reverence his earthy mum they would and I would too..if in all the doctrines that Paul by the spirit of God did I find the honour of Mary stipulated I would.... if the apostles made images of Mary I would......but since they didn't and since it wasn't in the teachings of Christ....... what can I say let him that lacks understanding ask of the father in the name of Jesus and ye shall recieve
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by sureteeboy(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Once I get a good phone, I'll create a thread titled 'HAIL MARY, HAIL SATAN'
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: even though the work as one,They are totally different.Jesus was in heaven during Moses,Abraham,Elijah Era,those people worship only the God the father and God spoke directly to Moses and Elijah but during matthew,mark,paul and peter we worship God thru Jesus,the Clear difference between them was at the River when John the baptist wanted to baptize Jesus,God spoke from heaven-This is whom am well pleased in,Holy Spirit Came Down like a Dove and Decended on Jesus
This fuji abi fijiano is a clown......its clear u dont get the Holy Trinity
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MrAladin: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
peedeeasobie: the bible said blessed are u among women not blessed are u above women.
The bible said blessed are u among WOMEN not blessed are u among women and men. read ur bibles well.
The only two people that eulogised Mary in the bible are Elizabeth (a woman) and Angel Gabriel (a messenger).
Angels are not higher than a Christian at all. the church is the body of Christ, if angels are higher than the church than they are higher than Jesus Christ.

why u dey confuse urself
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MrAladin: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
sureteeboy: Once I get a good phone, I'll create a thread titled 'HAIL MARY, HAIL SATAN'

People Like U should be kept somewhere in the zoo.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
As funny as it may sound but Catholics were seriously misguided. How can u honour a woman who was previously unknown likewise later.She was a gud woman, likewise many in pre-Jesus era. But can u (Catholics) point any significant account of her life, apart from giving birth to our LORD JESUS. "mind u many women were virgins at the time, while some women lived and died virgins. Point to note: She only find favour in God's sight.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by splashbaby(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony: who said she can save? Must u lie to get noticed.
No vex ooo...What is the meaning of that senseless hail mary stuff you guys recites more than the Lords prayers...is it not in a bid to get saved. If she can"t save like you said, what is the meaningless apparitions of Mary some senile people see all over the place. I no sabi english oo

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ladiva49(f): 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
[quote author=[/quote] hmmmm,op!op! And as a well brougt up catholic who honours mary,u were tought to insult pple of contrary believes to butress ur point? This is wat the bible refred to as hypocricy,bros dnt sin against God in a bid to please him,its an individual race,run your own the way u wana run it evn if u wana lie down b4 the moulded image of angel gabriel and leave evry other person to run his......always kip this in mind bro: ITS AN INDIVIDUAL RACE.......serve ur God in any way u think pleases hm. In my own personal view sha,i dnt want it to afect urs o buh acording to what i tink: do not bow to any graven image in the comandments dint exempt mary's image,am surprisd to find people bowing to mary's image this days so vigorously, the bible also refered to jesus as the ONLY way ,no one gets to God save thru hm, ths leaves me wondering how a few pple have devised a way of geting to God thru mary,funny isnt it. And bet me,if only we had the fournity....ie GOD,JESUS,HOLYSPIRIT AND MARY,natin would have stopd me from joining the catholic believe.my view sha
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by semmypat: 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mary should never be honor or worship i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ anyway! After Jesus she gave birth τ̅☺ 7 other children read ur bible very well. †ђξ bible says Jesus Ȋ̝̊̅§ d way, †ђξ truth and †ђξ light no one cometh τ̅☺ father except thru him! Going thru mary Ȋ̝̊̅§ J̲U̶̲̅§τ̲̅ a waste of tym! Mary Ȋ̝̊̅§ lyk ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ and ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊, she find Favour before God τ̅☺ be use. Esther too found favour before God and Men and she was also used τ̅☺ deliver her people! God can use ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ and ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. If am used τ̅☺ do something Fø̲̣̣я̅ †ђξ Lord doesn't mean I should be honored or ull start seeking God thru! When U̶̲̥̅̊ say U̶̲̥̅̊ are honouring her U̶̲̥̅̊ bow same thing U̶̲̥̅̊ do Fø̲̣̣я̅ Jesus! My people wake! Seek God Fø̲̣̣я̅ understanding his Word not imagination of his word! Don't J̲U̶̲̅§τ̲̅ do with †ђξ bulletin or lectionary, pick ur bible and read! Don't be contented with what ur priest or ur pastor says, take †ђξ Holy bible and read τ̅☺ Ħª√ę more understanding of His word! God will guide us
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Jeflox: 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
PLS THERE IS NOTHING TO ARGUE ABOUT HERE!. LISTEN..CATHOLICS ACTUALLY ARE WORSHIPPING GOD, SOMEONE CAN MAKE HEAVEN IN CATHOLIC CHURCH BUT THE DOGMA OF HONOURING MARY SHOULD OUTRIGHTLY BE DISBELIEVED, MY DEAR CATHOLICS, READ THE BIBLE, U WILL NOTICE DAT MARY WAS ONLY PRIVILEGED TO BE USED AS A CHANNEL TO BRING THE SAVIOUR OUT TO THIS WORLD IN HUMAN FORM. U TOO CAN BE ALSO PRIVILEGED TO BE USED BY GOD TO DO ONE THING OR THE OTHER DOES NOT QUALIFY U TO TAKE THE PLACE OF GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS "I WILL NOT SHARE MY GLORY WITH ANY MAN SAYS THE LORD. THAT KIND OF HONOURING MARY IS ACTUALLY TAKING THE PLACE OF GOD IN U PEOPLES HEART AND IT MAKES THE WORSHIP OF GOD LOOK ARTIFICIAL. JESUS SAID NO ONE WILL COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME !. EVEN IN THAT JOHN 2:4, JESUS ASKED MARY "WHAT HAVE I TO DO WITH U?. MEANING THAT HE DOESN'T ALLOW HER THAT POSITION OF SOLICITING FOR HELP ON OTHERS BEHALF. JESUS DID NOT APPROVE DAT METHOD. SO WHY ARE U PEOPLE ASKING MARY TO PRAY FOR UR SINS. JESUS AND JESUS ALONE IS THE PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS. See, according to the book of Hebrews ,angels are errand spirits for YOU. you are God's focus not the angels. so u are greater than the angels. pls embrace the word of God. Thanks!!!.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
the Catholic doctrine is full of blasphemy. they pray the rosary saying Mary pray for us sinners plead unto God for our sins! and is it not clear that Christianity is not some religion its believing in Christ and living by the spirit. its doing what Jesus instructed . by the way "Christian" means christ like. When Jesus was on earth He obeyed His earthly mum but didn't give her the place of God. eg: when Joseph and Mary finally found him in the temple Jesus was not sorry. He said to marry these ones here listening to me are my family, u get that? The story of Jesus can't be told without mentioning Mary isn't that an honour! She was chosen by grace all glory to God Almighty.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
daverebranded: if the apostles hailed Mary in their ministry, I would....if they held stations of the cross, I would, if they used rosary's I would, if Jesus at the end of in time commanded them to always reverence his earthy mum they would and I would too..if in all the doctrines that Paul by the spirit of God did I find the honour of Mary stipulated I would.... if the apostles made images of Mary I would......but since they didn't and since it wasn't in the teachings of Christ....... what can I say let him that lacks understanding ask of the father in the name of Jesus and ye shall recieve
Guy am with you 97%. The downside is that they were deceived for so long, telling them the truth will only infuriate them.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Divineliberty(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
[color=#550000][/color][code][/code]
my brothers and sisters i greet you all but my special greetings goes to the presenter of this topic my brother may the almight god bless you.
My brother want i want you to know is that even if you say it to tomorow there are some people who are deaf in the world of god instead of them listen and here you they chose to talk any how and insult you any how. Those people they don't want to listen, they dont want to here, eg. Somebody said that mary that time because she is carrying jesus, another said that she was virgin when she is still carrying jesus that after the birth she is no more a virgin, while another one said that he and his farmily is greater than all the angle in heaven i would like to help him put God addition, so my brother when you here all those things you know that some people are like thomas. Some people don't know how to read bible. There read it like ordinary book while some don't never even think of opening a page in the bible. That is why they put mount any how in what ever the see. Am Sorry if i have insulted any body
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Dbboy(m): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
I smell stupidity, what kind of morons believe that a ghost visited a woman to announce the coming of Christ and also the woman immaculately concepted to give birth to a Devine being and as a result of this immaculate event I should continuing wasting MB to argue what religion is the best as if the two being give a Bleep abt what you think, eat wear or even Bleep no wonder Marx says religion is the opium of the masses and the sigh of the oppressed.you my friend are all bleeped up go get a life and stop wasting time over unproven event written by drunks and fishermen I guess you are all educated all you need do is to just read the bible and ask your self this question so humanity started with a Man, Woman and a talking Snake grin and Noah actually built a boat that actually contained all he beast of earth only an ignorant fellow would believe all animal is within Noah walking distance how pathetic this what happen when fishermen write the bible and gain inspiration from wine which my religious brethren refer to as holy spirit.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by theripper3: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Catholics and their headstrong nature. Mary was only an an instrument to bring the messiah. Catholics agree to honour mary yet u build graven images of her in ur churches and grown-ass men kneel down , grovelling and wailing for intercession. And the "mother of God" phrase is nothing but pure ignorance. Mary cannot save u, she couldn't even save herself, yet u want her to intercede on ur behalf when u have an advocate in the father in person of Jesus? We as born- christians today have what Mary herself would have so much covetted and that is the Holy Spirit. We have been bestowed with so much power,grace and love from God, u don't need a Mary to validate that.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MrAladin: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: if God didnt use mary he would have used another virgin to Manifest his Glory

ur post are highly provocative.

who God Wan use ur sister or ur babe.

For ur information the blessed virgin Mary Was Created for a Sole purpose.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Vokito: 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
For me, love the Lord ur God with all ur heart and being. If u love someone, u do everything to please him. And no1. Nothing should come between u two and Mary is one person coming inbetween God and some so called Christian. Watch it!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by bukatyne(f): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
My Blessed Mother
queen of Heave
plz intercede on mY behalf
so that i can conquer my worries.

O Mary Conceive Without Sin.

To Learn More About Our Blessed Mother

visit www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=4967

O Mary conceived without sin?

I guess we are reading different bibles.

Those that talk about honoring ones parents would have made point if Joseph is half as reverred as Mary is.

If you tell me that Jesus's father is also reverred, that means you are equating Mary to God

P.S. : Jesus the son of Mary (in the flesh) is different from Jesus the son of God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by MrAladin: 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
the_ripper3: Mary was an instrument to bring the messiah.
this is the only part wey make sense for ur post the rest na jagoons!
The more u discriminate us
the stronger our faith becomes.
If Una say we dey worship the most blessed virgin MARY then make una free us to worship her in peace.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by XLR8(m): 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
And whats bitter about this?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by oluxy(m): 12:00am On Dec 17, 2013
tobillionaire: she was a virgin b4 she gave birth to Jesus... BT after d birth of Jesus Christ,, she's no more a virgin... abi she no born 4 Jesus no God can use anybody, our body is d temple of d living god.. js make urself a living sacrifice, holy, touch not d unclean finz

Not every body is d temple of d Lord mister.. Witches, babalawo, antichrist etc, is dia body temple of d Lord?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vanstanzy(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.

Great teaching. I love the explanation. Even some Catholics are confused as to whether Mary is being worshipped or Honoured. This couldn't have come at a right time. But bro u for at least proof read this article to correct some of the grammar.
All the same, THUMBS UP!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vanstanzy(m): 12:06am On Dec 17, 2013
XLR8: And whats bitter about this?

Very correct, this topic is not supposed to be "bitter truth". But maybe he used it that way to draw more readers. U know people love reading negative things for some reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.