Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52282 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by hoblot: 7:38am On Dec 17, 2013
Did Jesus Christ have brothers or sisters?
What does the Bible say about Mary being a perpetual virgin? How many siblings did Christ have?

Answer:
Yes, the Bible says Jesus Christ had brothers and sisters. When the Jews of Jesus' hometown heard Him speak, they were indignant. Matthew records their contempt for Him, born of familiarity: "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56

).
Jesus Christ: The Real Story Jesus' neighbors knew His family intimately. From their comments, we know that Mary had four other sons and at least two daughters (because the Bible says "sisters" instead of "sister," we know there were at least two). This also shows that Mary was not a "perpetual virgin."
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by hikmoj(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Even she stil lost her virginity tru normal process,after d birth of jesus she started doing dat tin which women sabi do wit dia husband &gave birth 2 several children.so stil refering 2her as virgin mary is a honour 2 d great birth of jesus

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2013
My God!

The Bible is such a wonderful book

Mark 7:9,
“Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.”
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Akuneshiobike(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2013
This Catholic people and their Mary amuses me sometimes. I dont know why this guys should allow themselves to be deceived by such an irritating doctrines of honouring Mary instead of God as the holy Bible instructed, believing in pulgatory, which nothing of such is written in the Bible, bowing down to an image made of just sand and cement which the Bible restricted us in one of God's commandment not to. Any church that goes against what God's scripture says is an ANTI-CHRIST church. I owe no apology to that.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: nice question. Was i the one that formed hail mary. The 1st stanza is in the bible. About the apparition, she appears just like an angels 'cos God is a spirit and can't be seen by anyone. So, Mary helps.
guy Catholies are dwelling on a long thing...Jesus no appear to you all,all the twelve diciples no Appear to u all,them Elijah,Moses no appear to u all,you are seeing Mary and u think shes from God,i pity u all.Satan dey use Mary image deceive una .All Catholies should try to read book of HEBREWS
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kossyablaze(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
U are a souless and brainless creature...You can't even read!We keep telling fools like you itz not worshipping buh honouring!!!!!Gadamn it you riffraf!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by seansifo(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2013
brus you dont have to call him a "fool" you've already made the point
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2013
myOGAonTOP:
indirectly? Hmmmm. Thats a good one. Very interesting. I would have loved you to explain the CONTEXT of that passage (lets assume am a real novice to the whole thing). Cos other denomination MIGHT interprete the 'woman' as the church (just as they did in song of solomon) Thank you sir
If we interpret the woman to be the church, what will her son be then? Certainly not Christ for the church did not give birth to Christ instead Christ instituted the church when he said " on this rock I will build my church"
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by PastorOluT(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2013
try69:

Adenuga would do those if people choose to start telling him he is not the c.e.o of his own company, that he's not of his own tribe and cannot even relate in his own dialect..

I expect you to be teaching your clients on a holy day as this and not be looking for pecks in a system older than the book you teach from.

That's the problem with u guys, "a system older than the book u teach from" just listen to urself. The fact that the system is aged makes all they do right, and also the same book they claim to believe nullify what they are now doing?

I know u guys are die hard believers, no matter what the book says u will just still believe the system. At the end of the u people would know if its the system that saves or the book (the word of Jesus/God)
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis:
and this is the bitter TRUTH

not some basic, sweet lies from a Nigerian catholic (who doesn't know a thing about his acquired Roman religion).

What more can be disgraceful & degrading than hear a so called christian say ANGELS are greater than HUMANS (Believers)? Lol
Whatever happens to the book of Hebrews 1:4-14.

If only these people can spend half the rosary and graven images 'time' with the word.

I only pity the 'Christians' who do not know the right and the wrong...
The lies here are too big to be digested grin grin

Why do you people always look for a portion of bible, twist it, and expect catholics to accept them.. All you know is bashing catholics, and simple bible you no know

Matthew 11:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 “I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is!

also mind your tongue

2Pet 2:10-12
.... These false teachers are bold and arrogant, and show no respect for the glorious beings above; instead, they insult them.
Even the angels, who are so much stronger and mightier than these false teachers, do not accuse them with insults in the presence of the Lord.
But these men act by instinct, like wild animals born to be captured and killed; they attack with insults anything they do not understand. They will be destroyed like wild animals.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nomswilli(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Wow I must say DAT it was really funny reading through this tread,,but hey! Wat are we all draging here,THE WAYS OF OUR LORD IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM OURS.I read where some of us were busy insulting and passing jujment on others,in the name of getting there message passed......... For figiano. And co....no one said u need to honour Mary(the mother of my lord) for u to make heaven.where d problem comes is wen u condemn Catholics....den I say,u have issues to settle Witt God......I will like u all to also knw DAT not only Christians would make heaven,,, like it or not(but if u don't like it DAT way,deres still plenty space in hell) dose u refer as Buddhist(who live a MORALLY upright life would also be deer,)but DAT dose not mean we would stop evangelising cos DAT is wat we have been charged to do by Christ......and for d records. AM Catholic

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2013
kossyablaze: U are a souless and brainless creature...You can't even read!We keep telling fools like you itz not worshipping buh honouring!!!!!Gadamn it you riffraf!
Bro please take it easy on the insults.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2013
The image below is one of the many satanic hoax..

This image is believed to bring luck and charm to catholics..
The name of the idol is Fatima.

Roman Catholics claim that a supernatural event occurred in 1917 in which the “Blessed Virgin Mary” appeared repeatedly to 3 children in Fatima, Portugal. Supposedly, the Virgin Mary gave a message to the 3 children. The Message of Fatima consists of an alleged number of precise predictions, requests, warnings and promises concerning the Catholic faith and the world, which were conveyed by the Blessed Virgin Mary to 3 shepherd children— Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco—in a series of ghostly apparitions at Fatima, Portugal from May to October 1917.

Other graven idols include;
Our lady of Guadalupe
Image of sister Faustina
etc...

I will try and get their images

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lonelydora: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2013
My 1 cent
1. We r made lower than the angels.
2. Go to Pentecoastal churches and see how they worship their pastors.
You will see they are worse than catholics.

I am not a catholic neither am I a Pentecoastal, but I am a christian.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Drizzyjusti(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?
Nope God sent his son Jesus BUT Jesus is also God..read Genesis 1:1 In the begining was the word(Jesus) and the word was with God,and the word was God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Crixie(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
GOD BLESS YOU,THANKS FOR TELLING THESE PEOPLE THE TRUTH
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ibrutex(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: U dnt knw d bible. Jesus is God n dats y catholic cald mary mother of God. John 1:1

If jesus is God as u claim, and mary gave birth to him at a certain period of time. It means mary and quiet number of people are living before his birth (if i'm right) .. Where was he before his own birth? And which God has been on the thrown before Jesus birth ...........stop reasoning with your nose CHRISTIANS ARE DUMB A*S*S
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: guy Catholies are dwelling on a long thing...Jesus no appear to you all,all the twelve diciples no Appear to u all,them Elijah,Moses no appear to u all,you are seeing Mary and u think shes from God,i pity u all.Satan dey use Mary image deceive una .All Catholies should try to read book of HEBREWS
dear,didn't hear from you again
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ogaju007(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2013
I just love it when Africans quote and argue about a book written by people miles away that can't stand them. Ironic.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis: The image below is one of the many satanic hoax..

This image is believed to bring luck and charm to catholics..
The name of the idol is Fatima.

Roman Catholics claim that a supernatural event occurred in 1917 in which the “Blessed Virgin Mary” appeared repeatedly to 3 children in Fatima, Portugal. Supposedly, the Virgin Mary gave a message to the 3 children. The Message of Fatima consists of an alleged number of precise predictions, requests, warnings and promises concerning the Catholic faith and the world, which were conveyed by the Blessed Virgin Mary to 3 shepherd children— Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco—in a series of ghostly apparitions at Fatima, Portugal from May to October 1917.

Other graven idols include;
Our lady of Guadalupe
Image of sister Faustina
etc...

I will try and get their images
smh. Her name is not fatima but Our lady of fatima 'cos she appeared to them in fatima. Understand things!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2013
In the Oxford Dictionary Advance Learner,Honour means great respect and admiration for somebody While Worship means the pratice of showing respect for God or a god by saying prayers,singing with others etc.my question is CATHOLIES With this defination do you WORSHIP OR HONOUR Mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2013
philkamby: Like apostle Paul wrote in 2TIM 2:20-21 quoted below '2Tim2:20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Tim2:21.If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work' mary was just a vessel for the assignment and thank God she was found faithful , bacuse the criteria was avirgin shall give birth, if Joseph had touched her she would have los the opportunity to be the vessels in God's hand.Likewise all of us have an assignment to accomplish for God and the earlier we realise it the better. Also in Act 1:13-14 quoted below mary was among the brethen waiting for the baptism of the Holy Ghost Acts1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Acts1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
So Mary was just a vessels and that was why she also waited and was abptised in the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost
Haba guy..do u think D disciples together with Mary went to d upper room to receive d holy spirit ..dey were hiding there because dey were scared ...dey were looking for people closely assosiated with Jesus and of course Mary was highly associated with Jesus so she joined the disciples in hiding ......if men r hiding her wey b woman no go follow hide ......it was now der d holy spirit descended on dem to b bold and stop hiding ......besides if u son sends a message when u might see him ..u will surely receive the message ....to be comforted for his loss......and yes the holy spirit was the comforter
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2013
Jdesilentkiller: As funny as it may sound but Catholics were seriously misguided. How can u honour a woman who was previously unknown likewise later.She was a gud woman, likewise many in pre-Jesus era. But can u (Catholics) point any significant account of her life, apart from giving birth to our LORD JESUS. "mind u many women were virgins at the time, while some women lived and died virgins. Point to note: She only find favour in God's sight.
Oh yes we honour her more because she was chosen out of thousands of virgins in the world.

She is blessed among women.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ravensckar(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2013
Ds Christianity self is a mysterious religion. I read Rev. Omolade's response to Rev Chris Okotie whr He claimed dt Jesus is d Arch-angel Michael. Nw,d OP is claimin Jesus is God again. Som wil stil say He's a mortal. Nt 4getin d controversy sorroundin d story of Mary magdalene. Som1 shld plz elaborate b4 a believer turns into an atheist wit all ds conflictin stories.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2013
philkamby: Like apostle Paul wrote in 2TIM 2:20-21 quoted below '2Tim2:20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Tim2:21.If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work' mary was just a vessel for the assignment and thank God she was found faithful , bacuse the criteria was avirgin shall give birth, if Joseph had touched her she would have los the opportunity to be the vessels in God's hand.Likewise all of us have an assignment to accomplish for God and the earlier we realise it the better. Also in Act 1:13-14 quoted below mary was among the brethen waiting for the baptism of the Holy Ghost Acts1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Acts1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
So Mary was just a vessels and that was why she also waited and was abptised in the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost
Haba guy..do u think D disciples together with Mary went to d upper room to receive d holy spirit ..dey were hiding there because dey were scared ...dey were looking for people closely assosiated with Jesus and of course Mary was highly associated with Jesus so she joined the disciples in hiding ......if men r hiding her wey b woman no go follow hide ......it was now der d holy spirit descended on dem to b bold and stop hiding ......besides if u son sends a message when u might see him ..u will surely receive the message ....to be comforted for his loss......and yes the holy spirit was the comforter
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by laplace19(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Oh I thought Heb2V7 said God made us for a while lower than the angels.

Don't be too fast, you are only going to be greater than the angels in the world to come.

For now, they are greater than you.

Bro,we are greater than the angels for those that are faithful to God.

Has an angel be tried with temptation in heaven?......but here on earth we are faced with a lot of temptations and challenges of which most born again overcome.......

Angels are not tried in heaven,no challenges,no distractions....they are just there praising God and serving as messengers.....

If most of us can withstand all these temptations here on earth then are we not more than the angels?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mindyourword: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2013
please for clarity, I am not here to support or oppose anybody just
to make a comment. JESUS IS NOT GOD, believe that and why?
Jesus pray to God.
John 3:16 states For God so Loved the world
when Jesus was batised by John the baptist A voice came down from Heaven
the bible says I am the way truth and Life nobody cometh to the father except thru me.
Jesus always says LET YOUR WILL BE DONE after all his prayer.
with this you should be able to know that Jesus is not God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by chuks8660(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Spend Your Time On Rich and educative ebooks that will be of benefit to you,that will change the way you think,your perspective,your intellectuals and your ego.

Reading can help you achieve your goals, not just through learning, but by inspiring you. If you read stories about business success or people who have lived their dreams, you’ll be more inspired to reach for you own goals.

Click this link to Download Our Cheap Priced Educative and inspiring ebooks http://

ORDER ANY BOOK NOW AND GET IT IN THE NEXT ONE HOUR
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by EmperorSpecie(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Bt ah hear say one man tlk say al catholicz go go smwhr! Nd i alxo hear say one of una oga at d top dy dt same place. Na wa o
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Icudkill: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: honestly all humans are greater than all angels,reason is we are created in Gods image
And d angels wer created in the image of sheep abi?
Arrant rawbitch

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.