Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (489111 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Manuelmarvyy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2018
Got this message from Edinburgh. I applied for Umdergraduate.
Thank you for completing the eligibility assessment, we are sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
 I applied for my sister. she got 4A's and 4B2. I applied for Accountancy and Finance for her and I answered yes in all the questions for eligibility. why was she not eligible.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Manuelmarvyy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2018
the subjects she got A, I filled A while the ones she got B, I filled B+. and she her result was this year current waec that came out...I even had to say she plan writing the general SAT test next year March.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Teemenzo: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2018
McGill University replied me today. It's a NO SHOW. Good luck to you all. As for those looking for answers of my ineligibility, they told me that second class upper division candidates are the only ones who have a shot at it. All the best guys.

3 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2018
Teemenzo:
McGill University replied me today. It's a NO SHOW. Good luck to you all. As for those looking for answers of my ineligibility, they told me that second class upper division candidates are the only ones who have a shot at it. All the best guys.

Alright, kudos to you.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emekaike(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2018
drhammed:
Congratulations...

I also got admitted to M.Sc Bioresource Engineering at McGill.

Let's pray for the best.

Would like to have a chat with u.... nwanebu.ck@gmail.com
may I have your email address?

Need info from you...

Thank you for your kind respond
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 1:58am On Oct 21, 2018
You can send me email via drhammed@outlook.com
emekaike:

Would like to have a chat with u.... nwanebu.ck@gmail.com
may I have your email address?

Need info from you...

Thank you for your kind respond
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 21, 2018
Manuelmarvyy:
Thank you for completing the eligibility assessment, we are sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
 I applied for my sister. she got 4A's and 4B2. I applied for Accountancy and Finance for her and I answered yes in all the questions for eligibility. why was she not eligible.

It's possible their Accounting course is very competitive and again, what development can an Accounting grad bring to the African Continent? Her results are OK, but the course mightn't be eligible
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by forty7(m): 1:02am On Oct 22, 2018
Manuelmarvyy:
perhaps you gave them the chance to notice you are applying for someone.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Jozay(m): 12:37am On Oct 28, 2018
Hi all
I'm a 500 level student studying electrical engineering with interest in doing my masters in data science. Please what universities would match my pursuit and what steps do i take in achieving this?
I like planning on time reason I need the answers to this so I can adequately prepare.
Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ezilytina(f): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
YemziAdez:

Hi,

Kindly shoot the department you're applying to a mail attaching your CV, certificate and transcript. In the mail, request for their recommendation/nomination and indicate that you want to apply for a MasterCard scholarship.
Good day Sir, please can do I contact you? I want to ask you some questions
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ezilytina(f): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
skarlett:

Send a mail to a lecturer in the department stating your intention to apply as a MasterCard scholar. They will gladly nominate you if you meet up to the minimum criteria and if the course is part of those being funded for the scholarship
Please Dear, how can you get d email address of a lecturer in your department. Please help a sister
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nerdmccoy(m): 2:18am On Oct 29, 2018
can I apply with 7C's? can I apply for two universities ? is the application free ? please kindly answer my question ��� Thank you
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nerdmccoy(m): 2:22am On Oct 29, 2018
and also can I apply with NECO ?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 29, 2018
Ezilytina:
Please Dear, how can you get d email address of a lecturer in your department. Please help a sister

Check the department's website, you'll see somewhere where the faculty members and their emails are, something like a list of the members of the faculty
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by YemziAdez(m): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2018
Nerdmccoy:
can I apply with 7C's? can I apply for two universities ? is the application free ? please kindly answer my question ��� Thank you

Yes you can.

Application is free.

For the MasterCard scholarship for undergraduates, look at the University of Edinburgh.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by YemziAdez(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2018
Jozay:
Hi all
I'm a 500 level student studying electrical engineering with interest in doing my masters in data science. Please what universities would match my pursuit and what steps do i take in achieving this?
I like planning on time reason I need the answers to this so I can adequately prepare.
Thanks

Get your academic transcript (from your first year to the current year), put your CV together, and then apply if you will.

You might want to check out the MasterCard scholarship at the University of British Columbia, Edinburgh and McGill University.

There are some courses in Engineering too.

Just Google the MasterCard Scholarship at the respective Universities stated above.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by jozef4links: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
quick question................. is it safe for apply to different schools?

I'm talking about UBC and McGill university.
UBC is asking if i Have applied to other schools? if i answer Yes. Does this reduce one's chances of being selected? or it safe to say No?

Help oh!!!!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chaiks: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
I v only applied to mcgill for mastercard. though was bounced last year. please if your dept nominate you to go on with the application, does that make you stand a good chance?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Kawlingz: 4:47am On Nov 07, 2018
jozef4links:
quick question................. is it safe for apply to different schools?

I'm talking about UBC and McGill university.
UBC is asking if i Have applied to other schools? if i answer Yes. Does this reduce one's chances of being selected? or it safe to say No?

Help oh!!!!

It is very safe. In my opinion, you should indicate that you have applied to other schools as a sign of seriousness.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emekaike(m): 8:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Has anyone been nominated into McGill?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Jozay(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2018
Good people in the house,pls how do I convert a 5 point scale to 4 point in terms of CGPA?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by famuad: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2018
Trust Scholarship is an online platform that gets you covered on Scholarship and Job opportunities across the world. Through this platform over a thousand applicants have succeeded in schooling abroad and working in their dream country. Don’t be left out! A lot of opportunities are here on Trust Scholarship.

www.trustscholarship.com

Apply for anyone now.

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emekaike(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Jozay:
Good people in the house,pls how do I convert a 5 point scale to 4 point in terms of CGPA?

(cgpa/5)*4
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by danwilliams4u(m): 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Finally sent my complete application packages to UBC....On top the next (McGill). I wish us all success
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Jozay(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
emekaike:

(cgpa/5)*4
I don't think that's it.
I heard of WES evaluation. Just don't know enough about it
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by YemziAdez(m): 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
NerdyMe:
Finally sent my complete application packages to UBC....On top the next (McGill). I wish us all success

Amen!

I'm still waiting for McGill's nomination.

Although, they said I should wait till December 1.

We'll celebrate by God's Grace.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by YemziAdez(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
Jozay:

I don't think that's it.
I heard of WES evaluation. Just don't know enough about it

It's very simple to convert. I don't think you need WES or so.

If you graduated with a CGPA of 4.78 in a 5.0 scale, you can convert it to a new CGPA in a 4.0 scale.

Just do this: 4.78 × 4 all divided by 5.

The answer you get is your CGPA using the 4.0 scale.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
YemziAdez:

Amen!

I'm still waiting for McGill's nomination.

Although, they said I should wait till December 1.

We'll celebrate by God's Grace.

That's long, I got a feedback from them in just a week, but I think you're still in check...
If you're convinced you are eligible for the scholarship, I'd suggest you have those 4 essays ready before they approve you. Can I have your mobile number?

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2018
YemziAdez:

It's very simple to convert. I don't think you need WES or so.

If you graduated with a CGPA of 4.78 in a 5.0 scale, you can convert it to a new CGPA in a 4.0 scale.

Just do this: 4.78 × 4 all divided by 5.

The answer you get is your CGPA using the 4.0 scale.

That's wrong.
I tried converting a 4.54 GPA to a 4.0GPA scale but what I got was utterly different from WES' result. With WES, it was around 3.79, while with your own method, it was 3.64.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.