Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (487707 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Capslock01: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please do the recommender receive call from the mastercard commitee or only mails?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Capslock01: Please do the recommender receive call from the mastercard commitee or only mails?

No calls whatsover!
For ASU and UofT yes they receive emails.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
[size=16pt]Happy Weekend All![/size]

Goodluck with em applications.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
how many weeks does the result for SAT and TOEFL come out after writing ?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
solomonjesus: how many weeks does the result for SAT and TOEFL come out after writing ?

Mine came out in 3weeks and 4days
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Graviton2:

Mine came out in 3weeks and 4days

ok thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by modewap: 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
African leaders academy- south Africa ''is on'' if you want to apply.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:05am On Sep 20, 2014
modewap: African leaders academy- south Africa ''is on'' if you want to apply.

Lol, its not a university, it's a one year leadership thingy and it gives you good foundation to entering other MCF partners.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Alvinnado(m): 12:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks a lot chris

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by modewap: 1:32am On Sep 20, 2014
chrisviral:

Lol, its not a university, it's a one year leadership thingy and it gives you good foundation to entering other MCF partners.
oh thanks, i now know.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by islamics(m): 7:00am On Sep 20, 2014
chrisviral: Islamics, replied your PM.
Thanks I have seen it and I also sent you a short mail. I hope to apply for that of post graduate.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Alvinnado: Thanks a lot chris

modewap: oh thanks, i now know.
Alvinnado: Thanks a lot chris

anytime guys.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Perotti: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2014
@Chrisviral: your are really nice. Please i intend applying for MCFS at MSU (Masters degree). I have my GRE scores already with em, but am yet to formally apply. What are my chances of getting nominated by a faculty member for the scholarship? Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2014
Perotti: @Chrisviral: your are really nice. Please i intend applying for MCFS at MSU (Masters degree). I have my GRE scores already with em, but am yet to formally apply. What are my chances of getting nominated by a faculty member for the scholarship? Thanks

You do know that applying for MCF at MSU has a seperate procedure right?
You should contact the MCF team at MSU to get detailed information of how nomination is made.

But I think, once your from sub-saharan Africa, you will be automatically nominated for the scholarship (that's how UC, Berkeley do theirs).

That been said, please write them and hear from them.
You can reach them via mcfsdocs@msu.edu and mcfs@msu.edu
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2014
@chrisviral

Can u pls give me the website to apply for the present mcfs for U of T and mcgill university becos i tried to apply n it ws showin me last year form
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2014
Vicmonzan: @chrisviral

Can u pls give me the website to apply for the present mcfs for U of T and mcgill university becos i tried to apply n it ws showin me last year form

As at this moment, U of T is yet to start application.

McGill university
https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/how-apply
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by islamics(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
@chrisviral
with regards to the MSU for postgraduate, it seems part of their requirements is language proficiency test and GRE. I have mailed my prospective department with the hope that I can apply without both. Am yet to really understand that of Berkeley.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Perotti: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
islamics: @chrisviral
with regards to the MSU for postgraduate, it seems part of their requirements is language proficiency test and GRE. I have mailed my prospective department with the hope that I can apply without both. Am yet to really understand that of Berkeley.

GRE is very essential for graduate study @ MSU and most US colleges irrespective of the department
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
islamics: @chrisviral

Perotti has said it all bro.
As SAT is to UG, so is GRE to PG.
So it would be really hard sha to apply without them but since you have written them, that's good.

Do same thing to Berkeley, just write them too.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ewurama1234: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
@chrisviral
Please i am in my final year in high school. Am i elligible?please reply fast.thank you.you are very nice.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
ewurama1234: @chrisviral
Please i am in my final year in high school. Am i elligible?please reply fast.thank you.you are very nice.

Have you written WAEC, if yes you can apply.
If NO, you can still apply but your school principal will send in your transcript and then a prediction of your WAEC grades (that is she should guess what your likely to score when you write them).
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by islamics(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
@ chrisviral and perotti
Your opinions have been NOTED. Am just trying to give it a long shot since I know I can't afford to write any of the exams for now. However my search is still wide open as am already writing my essays for chevening scholarship also.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
islamics: @ chrisviral and perotti
Your opinions have been NOTED. Am just trying to give it a long shot since I know I can't afford to write any of the exams for now. However my search is still wide open as am already writing my essays for chevening scholarship also.

Well I think UBC will consider you, you should also check em out.
Goodluck with your chevening application.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
University of Pretoria, SA
http://web.up.ac.za/default.asp?ipkCategoryID=8641&articleID=19656
Deadline: 30th september.

University of capetown too has started and is almost ending application but I haven't seen their MCF link yet.

Earth university, Costa Rica
http://www.earth.ac.cr/en/support-earth/mastercardfdn/estudiante-diana-rocio-tum-castro/?landing=yes

Wellesley college (Just for Females)
www.wellesley.edu/admission/mcf

Duke University
http://mcfscholars.duke.edu

Why not apply away.
grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
have Duke Univ, Earth Univ, and University of Pretoria started their application??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
CAN ONE REGISTER THE SAT EXAM AND TOEFL ON YOUR OWN AND GO AND WRITE IT ON THE EXAM DATE?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by islamics(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
@chrisviral Thanks. But for that of UBC I can't find the link on their page as it says the link for graduate will be available in September.

I also confirm that of South Africa ( Uni of Pretoria). It seems to have been opened since Aug 1st but will end Sept 30.
Really appreciate the UPDATE.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by islamics(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
solomonjesus: CAN ONE REGISTER THE SAT EXAM AND TOEFL ON YOUR OWN AND GO AND WRITE IT ON THE EXAM DATE?
You can register on your own online with their website, you will select a center nearer to you and you will pick from the available date. They have their own test representative in the country.
For firsthand info I think @chrisviral will be ready to assist.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
GabbyKelly: have Duke Univ, Earth Univ, and University of Pretoria started their application??

That was why I shared the link bro, they have started.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
solomonjesus: CAN ONE REGISTER THE SAT EXAM AND TOEFL ON YOUR OWN AND GO AND WRITE IT ON THE EXAM DATE?

You can't register for SAT on your own, you must contact GIEVA, the only recognised SAT Agents in Nigeria.

Yes you can register for TOEFL on your own, all you do is select a desired date among the list of dates available, then you select an exam centre out of the available list of centres they have for the test.
Complete the registration with your details (biography and address) and then you pay online.
Payments can be made with Visa or Master Cards.

I can help you with that, if you need help registering. Just PM
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
islamics: @chrisviral Thanks. But for that of UBC I can't find the link on their page as it says the link for graduate will be available in September.

I also confirm that of South Africa ( Uni of Pretoria). It seems to have been opened since Aug 1st but will end Sept 30.
Really appreciate the UPDATE.

For UBC, just exercise more patience, I believe they will start the application soon, maybe by monday (last week os september).

As for U of pretoria, they have started for long, but I was waiting to get the direct link to their MCF profile. Sorry for the late update.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
@chris..
As regards the university of pretoria..
Is the mastercard appication link now available?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.