Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (487673 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:05am On Sep 25, 2014
frankmoney: while applying for McGill I got to a place where I was supposed to click terms bit after clicking it nothing is showing....(its on the page where am supposed to indicate the qualification I av e.g overseas high school diploma)

Re-fresh the page and continue!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 1:01am On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:

Use any bro, im not sure it matters, maybe you should use the online application own (be a spartan)

Thanks bro. I can't remember when I started the admission app. It was in the heat of the moment. Can I just make a date up?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Graviton2:

Thanks bro. I can't remember when I started the admission app. It was in the heat of the moment. Can I just make a date up?

Then use the date when you started filling the scholarship app.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by tdayof(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ chrisviral any Canadian university that doesn't require external exam among them?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
tdayof: @ chrisviral any Canadian university that doesn't require external exam among them?

All the canadian universities don't require any external exams (just your WAEC and Transcript).
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by tdayof(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:

All the canadian universities don't require any external exams (just your WAEC and Transcript).
thanks! please can i get McGill university email?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
tdayof:
thanks! please can i get McGill university email?

CHECK PAGE 38
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
I downloaded d ubc form n it saved at adobe reader.
Got a little problem because i cannot fill d form
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan: I downloaded d ubc form n it saved at adobe reader.
Got a little problem because i cannot fill d form

It's because the Adobe reader version you have is outdated, get the latest one.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
@chris
pls am i expected to type d essay n how will i submit that form that is save in microsoft word (mcgill)
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan: @chris
pls am i expected to type d essay n how will i submit that form that is save in microsoft word (mcgill)

Read the instruction inside the Mcgill form, under the submitting supplementary document section.
Bottom line is : you will told when to submit it, they will ask you for it, after your teacher has played his/her role in submitting your order number and financial and recommendation letter, you will get an email referring you to Minerva to upload the application form.

And yes your meant to type in the essays inside the application form (Mcgill and all other universities)

2 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by tdayof(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan:

CHECK PAGE 38
can't find dia email there only the website
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
tdayof:
can't find dia email there only the website

Mcf-scholars@Mcgill.ca
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:
Read the instruction inside the Mcgill form, under the submitting supplementary document section.
Bottom line is : you will told when to submit it, they will ask you for it, after your teacher has played his/her role in submitting your order number and financial and recommendation letter, you will get an email referring you to Minerva to upload the application form.
And yes your meant to type in the essays inside the application form (Mcgill and all other universities)

thanks alot. Bt am kind of confuse. I no my school guidence counsellor wil snt a nomination email dat must include (1)my name, date of birth, the name of my school n order number (2) his full name, title or position at d schl ,email adress n phone number (3) endorsement. I didnt see any supplymentary document section
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan:

thanks alot. Bt am kind of confuse. I no my school guidence counsellor wil snt a nomination email dat must include (1)my name, date of birth, the name of my school n order number (2) his full name, title or position at d schl ,email adress n phone number (3) endorsement. I didnt see any supplymentary document section

I'm not sure you read it well.
Ask your school guidance counsellor or senior school official to send a nomination e-mail to MCF-scholars@mcgill.ca notifying us that you have completed and saved the online application for admission. This nomination must be received by December 10, 2014.
This nomination e-mail MUST include:
Your full name, date of birth, the name of your school and the Order Number.
Your school guidance counsellor or senior school official’s full name, title or position at the school, email address and phone number.
An endorsement from your counsellor, which includes the following statement:
I, ______________(counsellor/senior school official) hereby verify that the academic background
of _________________ (applicant’s name) fulfills the minimum requirements to be considered for admission to McGill University.
Attach the following documents to the e-mail as attachments:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Validation of Financial Status Form
This form should be completed by your school guidance counsellor or other senior school official.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Recommendation Form.
This form should be completed by a person who is in a position to comment on the applicant’s involvement in the significant community leadership initiative the applicant is asked to describe in Section B, Question 1b), of the MCF Scholarship application form.
Have the person providing the recommendation complete the form and send as an e-mail attachment (Word document or scanned PDF document) directly to your school counsellor or senior school official to be included with the nomination e-mail
Your application for admission to McGill University is only considered submitted once the nomination e-mail is received.
Please allow a minimum of 10 business days to receive an application confirmation e-mail which will be sent to the e-mail account you indicated on the application for admission.
The application confirmation e-mail directs students to login to Minerva to view the status of their application. In order to complete the application for admission, applicants must submit all required academic supporting documents (see below) electronically by using the upload feature in Minerva. For details on how to upload supporting documents visit: www.mcgill.ca/applying/submitting-your-documents/uploadingdocuments.

Required supporting documents:
All high school transcripts covering the last three years of study (unofficial school copies may be uploaded to Minerva. Final official transcripts sent by mail will be required once final results are available).
External Exam Results (if applicable). Example: West African Senior School Certificate Examinations.
Proof of English language proficiency (ex: TOEFL, MELAB or other English language test scores). If these are not available, contact MCF-scholars@mcgill.ca for information regarding acceptable alternatives. For more details, visit: www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide/2014-15/general-requirements#proof.
Summary of full-time activities since high school graduation (if applicable). Example: “I graduated from high school in June 2013, worked full-time from June 2013 – June 2014.”
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Application Form (this document) to be uploaded to Minerva by the applicant.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Validation of Financial Status Form to be submitted by the school counsellor or senior school official directly to McGill University (as explained in Point #cool and must not be uploaded by the applicant.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Recommendation Form to be completed by someone who is not your school guidance counsellor and who is not a member of your family or household. This recommendation form is to be submitted by the school counsellor or senior school official directly to McGill University (as explained in Point #8 above) and must not be uploaded by the applicant.
_
Checking your Application and Documentation Status page online:
A checklist of required supporting documents is included on the Application and Documentation Status page on Minerva. For help viewing and accessing this page, visit:
www.mcgill.ca/applying/submitting-your-documents/uploadingdocuments.
Due to the special application procedure required for applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, the checklist section may initially be missing some of the documents listed above. The checklist will be updated to include all required documents within 10 business days of receiving the application confirmation e-mail.
The checklist may be updated periodically throughout the admission process. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check their application status periodically to see if any items have been added.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan

Do you understand now?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by tdayof(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:

Mcf-scholars@Mcgill.ca
thanks! God bless u
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral: Vicmonzan
Do you understand now?

tnx i naw understand. Dat means my sch counsellor must also send d recommendation (reference details) , and part c which is the financial information. I also guess dat validation of financial status form is dat form in part C that is titled FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan:

tnx i naw understand. Dat means my sch counsellor must also send d recommendation (reference details) , and part c which is the financial information. I also guess dat validation of financial status form is dat form in part C that is titled FINANCIAL INFORMATION

No, it's a different form that you also have to download on the MCF Page.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:
No, it's a different form that you also have to download on the MCF Page.
wats the website to download d form
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan: wats the website to download d form

The same website where you downloaded the application and recommendation forms.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:
tnxs.
Wen i ws doing d mcgill application i chose only one major (course i intend studying) . I did nt fill d optional one. Can dis disqualify me
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:

Then use the date when you started filling the scholarship app.

Respect!!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vicmonzan: tnxs.
Wen i ws doing d mcgill application i chose only one major (course i intend studying) . I did nt fill d optional one. Can dis disqualify me

No bro, at the end you will only take one major even if you get the two, so it doesn't matter.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kcboy34(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
I guess I need TOEFL result to be able to apply for ASU. Or am I wrong. Plz u guys should help me out.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
kcboy34: I guess I need TOEFL result to be able to apply for ASU. Or am I wrong. Plz u guys should help me out.

You need to register for TOEFL, you don't necessary need to have the result at hand, you can apply to ASU and make arrangements to register for the TOEFL.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kcboy34(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
chrisviral:

You need to register for TOEFL, you don't necessary need to have the result at hand, you can apply to ASU and make arrangements to register for the TOEFL.
pls which of the available schools can I apply for the scholarship in with only my waec result and without registering for any other TOEFL or SAT or whatever?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2014
kcboy34: pls which of the available schools can I apply for the scholarship in with only my waec result and without registering for any other TOEFL or SAT or whatever?

McGill, UBC and UofT.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kcboy34(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisviral:

McGill, UBC and UofT.
only this 3 anyhow sha. Thanks very much. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kcboy34(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisviral:

McGill, UBC and UofT.
pls I need link for UBC, UofT and McGill and how do I go about it. For better communication means pls can u drop ur number so we can chat on whatsapp. Pls help me abeg. Here is my number: 08189023963.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello...
I just checked my mcgill reg portal only to see "u have 2 choices: start a new reg or go back to login" bla bla bla..
Please,is this normal or what?
But i've gotten my order number...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
chrisviral:
tnx, i jst downloaded d recommendation and financial validation form

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.