Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Names Catholics Call Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Names Catholics Call Mary (2194 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Catholics Call Mary by Acidosis(m): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
When Catholics say they only honour Mary, do not allow yourselves be carjoled by mere words. Take your time and make your own research.
Catholics have transfered all the glory that belongs to Jesus Christ to "Mary".

1. The 2nd Eve

There is no term for a second Eve, but there is a last Adam. In 1 Cor.15. Jesus is called this because both Adam and He had a supernatural birth. God blamed Adam for the fall; Jesus brings us back from the fall to restore us to God (not Mary).

2. Inexpressible gift of the Almighty,” (384)
The Bible in Jn.3:16 says, Christ is the gift from the Father. This is high treason to compete Mary to Jesus her creator.

3. The Cause of our Joy
The Bible-Rom. 14:17, “the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Ps 16:11, “in Your presence is fullness of joy.”

4. Gate of Heaven (387 )
The Bible-Jesus said in Jn.14:6 he is the way (the gate) Jesus says in Jn.10:2, He is the shepherd of the gate if anyone tries to come up any other way they are a thief and a robber.

5. Morning Star (386)
The Bible-in Rev 22:16, “I, Jesus, … I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

6. Mother of Mercy (2677)
The Bible-In 2 Corinthians 1:3God is the “Father of mercies.” Paul writes in 2 Tim 1:2,” To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.”

7. Refuge of Sinners (388)
The Bible-Ps 9:9, “The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.” Ps. 31:2, “deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me.”
Mt.11:22 “Jesus says come unto him.” Nowhere does he ever hint to go through his mother to get to him.

8. Our Lady of Perpetual Help( 389 )
"The Bible-Ps 46:1: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

9. Mary with Christ, is said to be “... the instrument and guardian of our salvation (390)
Acts 4:12: ,”Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

9. Queen of Heaven
Pius the 12th 1950 said of Mary “reigns in heaven with her son.” God has exalted Mary in heavenly glory as Queen of Heaven and Earth (966). She is to be praised with special devotion. Catechism of the Catholic Church, (2675)

The name of the Lord is to be praised, for He alone is exalted above heaven and earth. (Psalms 148:13).

Others include;
Seat of Wisdom
Help of Christians
Star of the sea - Stella Maris
Lady Mistress
Most pure
Immaculate
Most Holy
Saint Mary
Holy Mary
Ever-Virgin
God-Bearer
Mother of God
Advocate of Eve
Virgin
The Virgin

e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Acidosis(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
That picture is quiet funny

grin
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Rich4god(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Your forgot to add... Our Lady Queen of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmmmm....
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Acidosis(m): 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
Rich4god: Your forgot to add... Our Lady Queen of Nigeria...

You mean First Lady Patience Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Acidosis(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
martha: Hmmmm....
Yea...
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sweet mother each time i hear your name mentioned, i feel this rush of joy in me for hearing the name of the mother of my Lord and saviour

Gratias plena
Dominus taecum
benedicta tu
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Acidosis: When Catholics say they only honour Mary, do not allow yourselves be carjoled by mere words. Take your time and make your own research.
Catholics have transfered all the glory that belongs to Jesus Christ to "Mary".

1. The 2nd Eve

There is no term for a second Eve, but there is a last Adam. In 1 Cor.15. Jesus is called this because both Adam and He had a supernatural birth. God blamed Adam for the fall; Jesus brings us back from the fall to restore us to God (not Mary).

2. Inexpressible gift of the Almighty,” (384)
The Bible in Jn.3:16 says, Christ is the gift from the Father. This is high treason to compete Mary to Jesus her creator.

3. The Cause of our Joy
The Bible-Rom. 14:17, “the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Ps 16:11, “in Your presence is fullness of joy.”

4. Gate of Heaven (387 )
The Bible-Jesus said in Jn.14:6 he is the way (the gate) Jesus says in Jn.10:2, He is the shepherd of the gate if anyone tries to come up any other way they are a thief and a robber.

5. Morning Star (386)
The Bible-in Rev 22:16, “I, Jesus, … I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

6. Mother of Mercy (2677)
The Bible-In 2 Corinthians 1:3God is the “Father of mercies.” Paul writes in 2 Tim 1:2,” To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.”

7. Refuge of Sinners (388)
The Bible-Ps 9:9, “The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.” Ps. 31:2, “deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me.”
Mt.11:22 “Jesus says come unto him.” Nowhere does he ever hint to go through his mother to get to him.

8. Our Lady of Perpetual Help( 389 )
"The Bible-Ps 46:1: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

9. Mary with Christ, is said to be “... the instrument and guardian of our salvation (390)
Acts 4:12: ,”Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

9. Queen of Heaven
Pius the 12th 1950 said of Mary “reigns in heaven with her son.” God has exalted Mary in heavenly glory as Queen of Heaven and Earth (966). She is to be praised with special devotion. Catechism of the Catholic Church, (2675)

The name of the Lord is to be praised, for He alone is exalted above heaven and earth. (Psalms 148:13).

Others include;
Seat of Wisdom
Help of Christians
Star of the sea - Stella Maris
Lady Mistress
Most pure
Immaculate
Most Holy
Saint Mary
Holy Mary
Ever-Virgin
God-Bearer
Mother of God
Advocate of Eve
Virgin
The Virgin

e.t.c
lol
bros make i help you

Mother of divine grace
Mother most pure
Mother mast chaste
Mother inviolate
Mother Undefiled
Mother most lovable
Mother most admirable
Mother of good counsel
MOTHER OF CREATOR
MOTHER OF OUR SAVIOUR
virgin most prudent
Virgin most venerable
Comforter of the affilicted

bro e plenty naa

pls add urs jare...

4 Likes

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
The catholic are idolaters
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: The catholic are idolaters
Mater admirabilis
ora pro nobisgrin
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
woky: lol
bros make i help you

Mother of divine grace
Mother most pure
Mother mast chaste
Mother inviolate
Mother Undefiled
Mother most lovable
Mother most admirable
Mother of good counsel
MOTHER OF CREATOR
MOTHER OF OUR SAVIOUR
virgin most prudent
Virgin most venerable
Comforter of the affilicted

bro e plenty naa

pls add urs jare...
Mater Dei
very very important!

1 Like

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Nsonso: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
op failed to add,'HELP OF THE SICK'.
I HAIL THEE SWEET MOTHER OF DIVINE SUCCESS. PRAY FOR ME.

2 Likes

Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: The catholic are idolaters
off point grin

something like: "Queen of Peace" would have being better
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Mater Dei
very very important!
Very important!!
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
woky: off point grin

something like: "Queen of Peace" would have being better
u know what i'm talking about na.
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Freddestiny(f): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Acidosis calling those names my dear u just honored her so cooool cool and before I forget she is also the QUEEN OF ALL HEARTS
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
This topic is too sweet. Oya mods what are u waiting for, front page tins.
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: u know what i'm talking about na.
I dont knw and i dont care to knw
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @Acidosis calling those names my dear u just honored her so cooool cool and before I forget she is also the QUEEN OF ALL HEARTS
You are sooo right sis!
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @Acidosis calling those names my dear u just honored her so cooool cool and before I forget she is also the QUEEN OF ALL HEARTS
dump tins.
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
woky: I dont knw and i dont care to knw
someday u will care.
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: This topic is too sweet. Oya mods what are u waiting for, front page tins.
soo sweet indeed grin

atleast, it wil grace me and my fellow brethren the chance to tell you and others the sweet names we do call Mary..
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Freddestiny(f): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
@ukuts gp woky undastand what u r talking abt he means dat u shld call HER Queen Of Peace grin
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: someday u will care.
That will be till His kingdom come grin
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
cool
We are talking about my mother here
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @ukuts gp woky undastand what u r talking abt he means dat u shld call HER Queen Of Peace grin
my sista helep me tell am ooo
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Freddestiny(f): 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: dump tins.
my dear dump which things plz go ahead dis thread is interesting lwkm
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: @ukuts gp woky undastand what u r talking abt he means dat u shld call HER Queen Of Peace grin
wink
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: cool
We are talking about my mother here
and my Mother too cool
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by woky: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
Freddestiny: my dear dump which things plz go ahead dis thread is interesting lwkm
na me this thread sweet pass
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by SalC: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
More names! More names please!!
Re: Names Catholics Call Mary by Freddestiny(f): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
And also my mother. Our Lady Of Mt Carmel Of The Brown Scapular
woky: and my Mother too cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Categories Of People You Find In Church / Exposing Sexual Immorality In The New Age Church / Biblical Proofs That Ancient Israelites Were Black Including Jesus,moses,paul Et

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.